Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a very manipulative personality(in my opinion). She wants to portray herself as being naive. I think the reason for her need for attention is because she had a hard life growing up (I think all three of them did).From most accounts she only had a problem in her relationships with women, because she was very competitive.

I just think everything has to be portrayed as bad luck or coincidence with her. She does not take responsibility for any action. How is it that one person has this much bad luck (Ear bleeding,taking a shower in a bathroom with blood and a bloody footprint on the bathmat, decided not to flush the toilet, cell phones shut off, call to her mother, wierd behavior, telling police that Meredith always locked her door, history of pranking, a "hickey" under her chin that many said was not a hickey, harassment by police leading to a false accusation against her boss who incidentally wanted to fire her, lamp being in the bedroom, her footprint in Filomena's room and in the hallway, telling her mom she was worried about the knife they found, footprint found on the pillow that was compatible with her shoe size, she had no idea what she did the night of the murder etc etc etc, there's just so much )????

Her stars must have aligned in a really strange way the night her friend Meredith the true victim was murdered.

Yes to all of that, ITA. Even little things. For example, in her book she states that the reason that she lied to investigators and told them they, the roomates, didn't smoke pot in the house is because Laura told her not to. Now, I do not know if Laura actually ever told her that or not. And further, I don't know if just denied that she smoked pot, or if she denied it for her roomates as well. We only get one side of the story. She made a big deal of it in her book to account for why she lied to the police about it. And her answer was basically - Laura made me do it.

What I get from that is that first, she did not want her readers to question her character about lying to the police. For example, so you lied to the police about that, what else did you lie to them about? She wanted to make herself out to be completely honest throughout. She wanted to explain this potentially negative thing for her character away. And she didn't do it by taking responsibility and just saying, I made a mistake and I lied to them about us smoking pot in the house. She said, I lied to them because Laura told me to lie about it.

Now, who do we believe?

After IMO all the lies Amanda has told, I chalk this up to a lie also, to put the blame on someone else for what was actually her own decision and her own choice (to lie).

JMO.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...012/the-language-of-psychopaths#disablemobile

Research on speech acoustics indicated that psychopaths do not differentiate in voice emphasis between neutral and emotional words. Other analysis suggested that the speech narratives of these individuals are organized poorly and incoherent.6 This is surprising because psychopaths are excellent storytellers who successfully con others.
This finding leads to the interesting question of how psychopaths can have such manipulative prowess. In addition to their skilled use of body language, recent research indicated that they are skilled at faking emotional expressions, approaching the skill level of emotionally intelligent individuals, despite being largely devoid of emotion.7 They are capable of adopting various masks, appearing empathetic and remorseful to the extent that they can talk and cry their way out of parole hearings at a higher rate than their less dangerous counterparts.
Language analysis tools indicate that many aspects of language are not consciously controllable by the speaker. Words that linguists call function words are unconsciously produced by people. These include pronouns, such as “I,” “me,” and “my”; prepositions like “to” and “from”; and likewise, articles “a” and “the.” Words can reveal the inner workings of a person’s mind, such as the narcissist’s focus on the self. While word patterns easily are measured by computer programs, they are difficult for human coders to determine because people tend to ignore function words and focus on content words (verbs and nouns, such as “kill” and “knife”). Because psychopaths are skilled at manipulating, deceiving, and controlling their self-presentation, a computerized tool examining subtle aspects of their language represents a new avenue to uncover important insights into their behavior and diagnosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless things have regressed since 1960, the answer appears to be that the questions can be asked, but the defendant needn't answer. It's not clear whether Italy has the same practice as US courts in not permitting the questions in the first place if the defendant has advised that he or she won't be testifying on their own behalf.

http://www.ts.mu.edu/readers/content/pdf/26/26.2/26.2.4.pdf

IMO proof of the pro defendant system Italy has is in the fact that defendants don't have to take the stand (similar to us), but they can make spontaneous statements where they address the court without being under oath and can't be questioned on what they've said.

So crazy IMO

Yes to all of that, ITA. Even little things. For example, in her book she states that the reason that she lied to investigators and told them they, the roomates, didn't smoke pot in the house is because Laura told her not to. Now, I do not know if Laura actually ever told her that or not. And further, I don't know if just denied that she smoked pot, or if she denied it for her roomates as well. We only get one side of the story. She made a big deal of it in her book to account for why she lied to the police about it. And her answer was basically - Laura made me do it.

What I get from that is that first, she did not want her readers to question her character about lying to the police. For example, so you lied to the police about that, what else did you lie to them about? She wanted to make herself out to be completely honest throughout. She wanted to explain this potentially negative thing for her character away. And she didn't do it by taking responsibility and just saying, I made a mistake and I lied to them about us smoking pot in the house. She said, I lied to them because Laura told me to lie about it.

Now, who do we believe?

After IMO all the lies Amanda has told, I chalk this up to a lie also, to put the blame on someone else for what was actually her own decision and her own choice (to lie).

JMO.

Another small example is when asked why she did not go to Filomena's memorial she states "I wanted to go but basically the decision was made for me and Raffaele had to be somewhere."

Knox is a convicted murderer. She is also convicted of slander. She is a liar. She does not have any medical conditions, or learning disorders. She uses a lot of words to say nothing. Although she has been interviewed repeatedly since her return to the US, for years she has said the same thing. She does not add to what she says, she does not change her words, or her statements.

There is no evidence of me in the room in which Meredith was murdered. Therefore, I wasn't there. Therefore, I didn't participate. Therefore, I am innocent.

Another small example is when asked why she did not go to Filomena's memorial she states "I wanted to go but basically the decision was made for me and Raffaele had to be somewhere."

Omg, yes, you are so right.

Another thing I often question, is when she says she didn't go home or go to Aunt Dolly b/c the investigator lady told her she couldn't go (in the first days). This might be true, I dont know. But I also think that she didn't want to go, she wanted to stay and continue her wonderful life in Perugia (what she thought would return to being wonderful after all this "mess" was out of the way).

I just got the feeling b/c she mentions it several times in her book, as if she really wants to get the message across to the reader.

As for not being worried about her appearance, I think that is also something she is trying to portray. Before Meredith's murder she(from pictures) definitely paid attention to every detail in the way that she looked, and also in the interviews promoting her book. It was only after the murder and after this verdict where tries to portray to not care in my opinion. And on the GMA interview she had the "No makeup makeup" look going on.
In almost every interview promoting her book she, her family and her lawyer had to point out that "She was not the same bubbly Amanda anymore; that she had become really quiet." In my opinion every single thing she puts out there for the public is an image she wants to portray.

I suggest you google "word salad" + "psychopath"
Or "speech patterns of psychopaths"

There are all kinds of blogs and self-help sites that misuse the term. No doubt. I'm talking about the correct usage.

jmo

There are all kinds of blogs and self-help sites that misuse the term. No doubt. I'm talking about the correct usage.

jmo

I'm not going to argue the point with you.
Obviously, the phrase has more than one meaning.
I wouldn't call Dr. Robert Hare with his vast body of research, books, studies, "a blog author"...

In other words, it's all someone else's fault what I do or don't do.

I'm not going to argue the point with you.
Obviously, the phrase has more than one meaning.
I wouldn't call Dr. Robert Hare with his vast body of research, books, studies, "a blog author"...

Okay. But it ain't word salad, imo

Schizophasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the mental health field, schizophasia, commonly referred to as word salad, is confused, and often repetitious, language that is symptomatic of various mental illnesses.[1]

It is usually associated with a manic presentation and other symptoms of serious mental illnesses, such as psychosis, including schizophrenia. It is characterized by an apparently confused usage of words with no apparent meaning or relationship attached to them. In this context, it is considered to be a symptom of a formal thought disorder. In some cases schizophasia can be a sign of asymptomatic schizophrenia; e.g. the question "Why do people believe in God?" could elicit a response consisting of a series of words commonly associated with religion or prayer but strung together with no regard to language rules.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/word salad

a jumble of extremely incoherent speech as sometimes observed in schizophrenia

Okay. But it ain't word salad, imo

Schizophasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the mental health field, schizophasia, commonly referred to as word salad, is confused, and often repetitious, language that is symptomatic of various mental illnesses.[1]

It is usually associated with a manic presentation and other symptoms of serious mental illnesses, such as psychosis, including schizophrenia. It is characterized by an apparently confused usage of words with no apparent meaning or relationship attached to them. In this context, it is considered to be a symptom of a formal thought disorder. In some cases schizophasia can be a sign of asymptomatic schizophrenia; e.g. the question "Why do people believe in God?" could elicit a response consisting of a series of words commonly associated with religion or prayer but strung together with no regard to language rules.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/word salad

a jumble of extremely incoherent speech as sometimes observed in schizophrenia

I understand. It's not schizophasia.

I don't consider "word salad" a medical term.

Adding:

his story - interrogation pressures, which may or may not have included:
waterboarding, stripping naked, no food and no water, being locked up naked in a dungeon with a guard dog (or possibly, wolf), being beaten by interrogators, being deprived of sleep for extended period of time, and generally being tortured.

Because, we do not have any interrogation tapes, therefore we cannot rule out all or any of the above. Therefore, all of that is possibly true. Therefore, it is true.

You may mock the coerced statement information, but the research was written by Saul Kassin a leading authority on false confessions. He included Amanda Knox in the research paper I posted.

Dr. Saul Kassin is an American psychologist. He has participated in contributing to many books which have helped to explain different aspects in the field of psychology. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa as an undergrad from Brooklyn College in NYC. He then went on to receive his Ph.D. in personality and social psychology from the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT. With his doctoral degree he went on to begin his psychology and law research career working with Lawrence Wrightsman at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS for one year and then taught at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN for two years. A young man born and raised in New York City, he went on to create insightful developments among research involving social perception and influence, and their applications to police interrogations and confessions, lie detection, eyewitness testimony, jury decision-making, and other aspects of law.

In 1984, Kassin was awarded the U.S. Supreme Court Judicial Fellowship and worked at the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, DC. In 1985, worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Stanford University in their Psychology and Law Program. Kassin went on to author several textbooks used at colleges and universities today such as Psychology, Essentials of Psychology, Developmental Social Psychology, The Psychology of Evidence and Trial Procedure, and The American Jury on Trial. He co-author the textbook Social Psychology with Dr. Steven Fein and Dr. Hazel Rose Markus.[2]

Dr. Kassin is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Association for Psychological Science, and the American Psychology-Law Society. In 2007, he received a Presidential Award from the American Psychological Association for his groundbreaking work on false confessions.

Saul Kassin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://madon.public.iastate.edu/595E/WEEKLY READINGS/Week4/2.Kassin 2012.pdf

So...I take it she's dropped her classes?

Can we confirm she was actually enrolled?

Nah...narcissism. IMO

I agree. Her language is verbose and meaningless, much like that of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias- both narcissistic murders.

I understand. It's not schizophasia.

I don't consider "word salad" a medical term.

It's is a medical/psychiatric term, for sure, associated with schizophrenia. Maybe there's a better way to describe Amanda's manner of speaking. jmo

word salad /word sal·ad/ (werd sal´ad) a meaningless mixture of words and phrases characteristic of advanced schizophrenia.

Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. © 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases, specifically (in psychiatry) as a form of speech indicative of advanced schizophrenia.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/word-salad

It's is a medical/psychiatric term, for sure, associated with schizophrenia. Maybe there's a better way to describe Amanda's manner of speaking. jmo

word salad /word sal·ad/ (werd sal´ad) a meaningless mixture of words and phrases characteristic of advanced schizophrenia.

Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. © 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases, specifically (in psychiatry) as a form of speech indicative of advanced schizophrenia.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/word-salad

Omg, yes, you are so right.

Another thing I often question, is when she says she didn't go home or go to Aunt Dolly b/c the investigator lady told her she couldn't go (in the first days). This might be true, I dont know. But I also think that she didn't want to go, she wanted to stay and continue her wonderful life in Perugia (what she thought would return to being wonderful after all this "mess" was out of the way).

I just got the feeling b/c she mentions it several times in her book, as if she really wants to get the message across to the reader.

I think the reason she stayed was to stay close to the investigation and it's progress. I agree she thought she could continue her wonderful life in Italy .

I completely agree!!! She wants to portray herself as the innocent victim who is always easily taken advantage of.
During this appeal hearing she says the lawyers told her not to come so she did not. What's next? The devil made me do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther