Amber and Chelsea Case Similarities

Amber's skeletal remains were found on Saturday and identified throught dental records. Some confusion as to where as the man kinda mumbled. Pala or Poway or something. Still trying to confirm. If it is Pala, San Diego that is very close to lake Elsinore.
"The body of Amber Dubois, a 14-year-old Escondido teen missing for over a year, has been found in a rural area of northern San Diego County."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20349283,00.html

They have confirmed Pala (near the reservation somewhere) and they are hinting that it may have been reached out of a plea of some sort, and everything the media is saying insinuates that this is tied to JAG.

When we find out where I'll add it to the map. Dates going on the calendar now.

Location of Amber's remains added here

Don't know specifically so this is generally, I will insert an image in a minute.

Where is pala in relation to how far it is from amber's school and where Chelsea was found?
Some are saying he made a plea deal to give the location of Amber's body

I'm just about to upload a map.

It's probably 20 minutes from Amber's school to Pala - 25-30 from Chelsea's body.

It's midway from Rancho Bernardo/Escondido area to Lake Elsinore, really, that she was found.

The northerly most yellow house is JAG's family's home in Lake Elsinore, the middle one, right above the jumble of icons is his Escondido house, and the southerly most yellow house is his mom's home in Westwood.

The RED exclamation mark in a triangle is the area where Amber's remains were found.

A close in view of where Amber was found in relation to everything with Chelsea this past week.

Very interesting! Thank u so much tb!
Wondering when it will be reported on hln old nvm tonight
guess they will find out tomm
how terrible for both families

I am very interested in the exact location of Amber's remains. The "running group" that JAG may have been associated with had several camping outings and "runs" in the Temecula/Vail Lake area (just north of Pala.)

I would guess he also went to Pala the back way, through Escondido toward Valley Center to where it splits off to Lilac and got to Pala there.

It would have let him stay off the freeway, plus those roads through there aren't as highly travelled, and I'd think he'd have put her somewhere off the main road (Pala/76) but probably not way off, as it seems odd he'd have known that area well enough to do more than that.

I'll be very interesting to see what he did - because I think it may lend more insight into whether Amber was his first victim. I think more right off a road and coming from Escondido might be more like a he took her and then didn't know what his plan was and had to do something about it and then with her, versus if she was totally concealed and way off the 'beaten path', seeming, to some extent more premeditated.

News at 5 pm

KUSI (9/51):

Acted on a lead, but would not disclose where that came from. More at 6 pm (they were doing just a brief update again)

KFMB 8:

Discovery of remains were at a VERY early hour on Saturday. (Her dad knew while speaking at Kit Carson yesterday they're saying - or that it was her minus confirmation from the ME)

In a "rugged" and "remote" part of Pala.

Her family is thankful to the volunteers who helped them (the family).

Found NORTH of the actual reservation.

They will not comment on the tie to JAG. Took no questions.

Any information on whether JAG is tied to Amber's disappearance would be "inappropriate" to discuss at this time.

City councilman in Escondido just implied (on KFMB) - almost stated outright - that JAG IS tied to Amber's disappearance.

Another interesting thing to note: When traveling north on the 15 freeway between Escondido and Lake Elsinore there is a California Highway Patrol check point and station on the 15 freeway just north of Pala at the San Diego/Riverside county line. That might have a lot to do with why he chose Pala! Doubt he wanted to chance driving through that with Amber in his car!!!

Other missing people on the FBI site:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kidmiss.htm

San Diego Crimestoppers site. It's a stretch, but look at the date and Carlsbad is not that far. Could there be more? I tried to run a search of other missing or other bodies found, and think it is worth considering.

http://www.sdcrimestoppers.com/unsolvedcases.html

Jodine Serrin Murder

Reward of up to $52,000

On February 14, 2007, Jodine Elizabeth Serrin, a 39-year-old, mentally challenged woman, was found murdered in her Carlsbad condominium located in the 1900 Block of Swallow Lane.

A reward of up to $2,000 is available for information leading to an arrest in this case. $1,000 is from Jodine's family and $1,000 from Crime Stoppers. The Governor's office is offering a $50,000 reward.

or this young girl

Ahlyja Pinson Murder

Reward of up to $51,000
On December 31, 2007, at about 7:20 p.m., a homeless male discovered Pinson in an abandoned house on 2900 E Street in Golden Hill. Pinson appeared injured and unconscious. The male left the residence, borrowed a cell phone and called the police. Officers arrived and found Pinson inside the house, deceased. Pinson had been beaten and stabbed to death.

The San Diego Police Department is looking for information on the suspect responsible for this homicide. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person responsible. The Governor's office is offering a $50,000 reward.

Ok, now this article says that a hiker found her remains and contacted police?

I believed that stemmed out of the initial erroneous reporting from people.com yesterday. It has since been redacted elsewhere and stated not to be the case.

I'm guessing they were behind on the initial report of it and are thus behind on the saying that was not the case now.

(I have to say, watching the order in which news sources have gotten info/retracted info/corrected info/reported info in this case, especially, has been ::fascinating::)

Yeah, I am sure they never corrected the bottom portion of the article to take out that piece of misinformation and just edited it to add the first portion about JAG being the focus re: Amber.

Just posted this in Amber's thread.

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Police said a registered sex offender is the focus of an investigation into the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, whose skeletal remains were discovered in a remote, rugged area north of San Diego.

Escondido police said Monday that 30-year-old John Albert Gardner III remains a suspect after Amber's bones were found near Pala, more than a year after she disappeared near her school. Police did not elaborate in a statement. They say the crime scene is being processed after the remains were discovered early Saturday.

http://www.10news.com/news/22778772/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back