Amy Winehouse dead at 27

Read that today and never have seen that one before... What's that all about?

Goz
Ive seen that phrase before,its pretty antique usually its a nice way to put on a Death Certificate doing something stupid or reckless that results in your own death.
As a lucky survivor of many 'misadventures ' in my younger days I can relate.
She was certainly a rare talent and it is a tragic loss regardless.

I still feel horrible about Amy's death. I wish we could go back in time to save her and hope that she would have had a wonderful life. Rest in Peace Amy.
Me too, to all of that.

As a music lover, I'm devastated...she had "it". And I was just beginning to check out her music...haven't even come close to hearing all of it yet. I'm always sad when a musician dies...no future music coming from them, unless it was never released and finally comes out.

And as a human being, I have a great deal of compassion for her. It's always so easy to look at someone's life and think "they had it made! what happened?".

And then some of us will be left wondering if she was "just" partying, consoling herself about something(s), or knew what the consequences might likely be (iow, suicide by alcohol). Very sad. :(

Amy was a rare talent...she is missed. Her voice amazing. Her dad did an interview on Piers Morgan a while back. He is a kind soul that paid an honest and honorable tribute to Amy.

Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) is used for anxiety and to control agitation caused by alcohol withdrawal.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032084/ns/today-entertainment/

Posthumous Amy Winehouse album set for release

'Lioness: Hidden Treasures' to feature unreleased recordings by late singer.....

"It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice," the statement read.

RIP Amy. I will never tire of listening to your music and incredible voice.

wm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032084/ns/today-entertainment/

Posthumous Amy Winehouse album set for release

'Lioness: Hidden Treasures' to feature unreleased recordings by late singer.....

[I]"It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice," the statement read.[/I]

RIP Amy. I will never tire of listening to your music and incredible voice.

wm

I found two versons of her singing Valerie and love both of them. I wonder what will be on the new album.

I found two versons of her singing Valerie and love both of them. I wonder what will be on the new album.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45336444/ns/today-entertainment/

Only two of the tracks Winehouse wrote were recorded and appear on her compilation album, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures," out Dec. 5 in the United Kingdom, and a day later in America.

Before her third album would come out, Remi said, Winehouse wanted to record with Roots drummer ?uestlove and saxophone player Soweto Kinch.

"There were a bunch of other names bouncing around," Remi said.
Story: Coroner: Amy Winehouse died from too much alcohol
?uestlove did make the new album, though. He appears on the track "Half Time." There's also a song by an 18-year-old Winehouse, another about her ex-husband's infidelity and "Best Friend," which opens with the line: "I can't wait to get away from you."

Mark your Calenders!

wm

Amy Winehouse died one year ago today.

Amy with Rolling Stones: Ain't Too Proud To Beg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoTzgWvMP-8&feature=related"]Amy Winehouse & Rolling Stones - Ain't to Proud to Beg - YouTube[/ame]

NOTHING this girl couldn't do, even tackling David Ruffin on "Ain't Too Proud...".

I miss you, Amy. And like Heath gone before you, there is much you would have given...but I'm grateful for all that you gave in your short time among us.

R.I.P. eternally

~jmo~

2nd Winehouse inquest confirms alcohol death

By JILL LAWLESS, AP
6 hours ago

LONDON — Amy Winehouse died from accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after a period of abstinence, a second coroner's inquest confirmed Tuesday.

Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that the 27-year-old soul singer "died as a result of alcohol toxicity" and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She said there were no suspicious circumstances.

She said Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol — a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."

Tuesday's verdict was identical to that produced by a first inquest in 2011. But the result of that hearing was annulled after the original coroner was found to lack the proper qualifications for the job.

The Grammy-winning singer, who fought a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse for years, was found dead at her London home on July 23, 2011, with empty vodka bottles scattered around her...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20130108/EU.Britain.Amy.Winehouse/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back