An arrest has been made!

I just saw Candice Delong, the FBI profiler on a San Fran TV station interview. She was talking about the odd aspects of this case and said normally the woman would work with a male partner, but that doesn't appear to be the case here at the moment, and this wasn't a sexually motivated crime.

Ok, I don't know if that was a slip up based on inside info she might have, or her guess, (which she pretty much stated as fact as if to rule out the male partner?). But I didn't think we had been told by LE this was NOT a sex crime.

Probably old news here but also saw video of Sandra's family saying they want DP.

This is so rare and so odd that I think there is more to this than meets the eye. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a child *advertiser censored* ring and her death was an accident. I'm pretty sure a man had to be involved in this somehow.

The police said that there would be no more arrests in this case. I think that's verbally dancing around the investigation. If it is a child *advertiser censored* ring then I hope they make thousands of arrests. These things rarely involve just a couple of people.

This is so rare and so odd that I think there is more to this than meets the eye. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a child *advertiser censored* ring and her death was an accident. I'm pretty sure a man had to be involved in this somehow.

The police said that there would be no more arrests in this case. I think that's verbally dancing around the investigation. If it is a child *advertiser censored* ring then I hope they make thousands of arrests. These things rarely involve just a couple of people.

I have to agree. There has got to be more people involved. I think she's responsible AND covering for others. Just my gut talking to me though.

I just saw Candice Delong, the FBI profiler on a San Fran TV station interview. She was talking about the odd aspects of this case and said normally the woman would work with a male partner, but that doesn't appear to be the case here at the moment, and this wasn't a sexually motivated crime.

Ok, I don't know if that was a slip up based on inside info she might have, or her guess, (which she pretty much stated as fact as if to rule out the male partner?). But I didn't think we had been told by LE this was NOT a sex crime.

Probably old news here but also saw video of Sandra's family saying they want DP.

The other possibilities are that she was a racist who didn't like Hispanics or maybe like some other mentally incompetent murderers she heard a voice or voices telling her to do it for whatever reason. This is all conjecture though not based on any facts that have been provided by knowledgeable athorities.

So many can't believe Melissa acted alone in this horrific crime and want to include a male. Check out cases where children are murdered by their female babysitters or caretakers. There are many of those, unfortunately. There are many instances where we have seen women who are calculated and cold blooded killers.

I would have to agree with Kat (IIRC) who mentioned that maybe some of those cold cases we have seen in the past with LE could be because they couldn't believe a woman acted alone to commit such crimes.

It's too bad she'll likely never see the death chamber, living in California. I'd put her in line right behind Scott Peterson and then move them to the front.

Sucide watch, eh? Sign of remorse or just a general "Oh, wow, I'm so screwed" mindset? Does the note show some sort of misgivings about the murder? I'd love to hear opinions on that. My first thought is to think she felt some remorse and wanted Sandra's family to know, but on the other hand it could just be a sociopath wanting the world to know what she "accomplished." I can't even fathom the mindset, but it's the same mind that can kill an eight year-old little girl and dump her in a pond.

I'm certain she confessed and that's part of the reason why no other arrests are imminent, but I just can't help but think someone else was involved. This case has all the makings of a Wicked Attraction episode on ID. We don't know as much as we do about some cases, but I feel like there's a big piece missing where a man should be. I don't mean that in a LMN movie/sexist sort of way, but it's just a vibe I'm getting. It's not just because the woman-as-prime-suspect is so rare in these type of cases, although cliches and stereotypes are cliches and stereotypes for a reason.

This case is just so demoralizing, and more and more I'm feeling like it could have been prevented. Why does that always seem to be the case?

Hi Chicago, ITA Today I listened to Kimberly Guilfoil's comments. I am glad to see her back as she is no nonsense about crimes like this.

She pointed out Sheneman had said they were not looking at other people for the crime and then said that could change in the drop of a hat!

Also, what Sheneman said was SS to they were not looking at anyone else 'relating' to this crime. I don't think that excludes anything that might be tied to it I haven't heard it stated it wasn't a sex crime either, and if it is it could bring others in as accessories in some way or helping to dispose of the body, but not the crimes of murder and kidnapping!

With him I think it is the choice of words he uses ;}

TRACY, Calif. (AP) - Police say a woman suspected in the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu is on suicide watch at a California jail.

http://www.whptv.com/news/national/...-on-suicide-watch/GAQTm3dBnUutm6PlXNl_Cg.cspx

I hope they watch her closely because IMO she knows a lot more than she's told so far.

So many can't believe Melissa acted alone in this horrific crime and want to include a male. Check out cases where children are murdered by their female babysitters or caretakers. There are many of those, unfortunately. There are many instances where we have seen women who are calculated and cold blooded killers.

I would have to agree with Kat (IIRC) who mentioned that maybe some of those cold cases we have seen in the past with LE could be because they couldn't believe a woman acted alone to commit such crimes.

IMO, those deaths are done by women with Munchausen by Proxy. That doesn't fit this case. JMO

I believe it's all the talk about the pedophile ring in Tracy, that's why everyone thinks a man must be involved. It is just so odd for a Mother of a small child to kidnap and kill another small child that isn't related and without a male partner. Most everyone on here believes that she was sexually assaulted too. It hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge, still most people believe she was. I thought so too, just because most children that are kidnapped and murdered are. Now, I'm not so sure. Not because the killer was a woman but I just think there may be another motive. This case is just so odd.

I am still contemplating the note. She mentions this in the same breath as attending the vigil of Sandra. She supposedly found it in front of Sandra's house after she attended the vigil the night after Sandra went missing. The note gives the exact location of where she dumped Sandra.

IMO, This shows Melissa:

1) wants to make herself sound like she cared for Sandra by going to the vigil.

2) adds a degree of vengence towards the family by the information supposedly being within their grasp to know where she put Sandra.

3) chose the words to mimic those of a psychic type revelation which gives a sense of power to her.

4) making up the note at all is an act of defiance against the police since she followed it up with if they had listened to her sooner they could have found Sandra sooner speech.

I don't find any remorse, guilt, or sense of feeling in it. She is very much in control in her mind. This was a dig to Sandra, to the family, the community, and to LE. It was quite wicked, imo.

It's too bad she'll likely never see the death chamber, living in California. I'd put her in line right behind Scott Peterson and then move them to the front.

Sucide watch, eh? Sign of remorse or just a general "Oh, wow, I'm so screwed" mindset? Does the note show some sort of misgivings about the murder? I'd love to hear opinions on that. My first thought is to think she felt some remorse and wanted Sandra's family to know, but on the other hand it could just be a sociopath wanting the world to know what she "accomplished." I can't even fathom the mindset, but it's the same mind that can kill an eight year-old little girl and dump her in a pond.

I'm certain she confessed and that's part of the reason why no other arrests are imminent, but I just can't help but think someone else was involved. This case has all the makings of a Wicked Attraction episode on ID. We don't know as much as we do about some cases, but I feel like there's a big piece missing where a man should be. I don't mean that in a LMN movie/sexist sort of way, but it's just a vibe I'm getting. It's not just because the woman-as-prime-suspect is so rare in these type of cases, although cliches and stereotypes are cliches and stereotypes for a reason.

This case is just so demoralizing, and more and more I'm feeling like it could have been prevented. Why does that always seem to be the case?

Beautifully stated MomofBoys, and you made so many great points. We see allot of cases where neglect of the child is a factor.

There were so many points involving FWilliams that I will be very surprised if he isn't involved in some way. If she wrote the note from Sandra he is involved as he delivered it. I read today she wrote the curse note found at her mailbox right before she went to the hospital. I don't know if it is a fact, but if it is she probably wrote the note from Sandra too, don't you think.

And no matter how we think she might have tried to tell the story in her way to the press to lighten her conscious, like you say, it is still the same mind that killed Sandra and put her in that sloppy pond. Nothing in my mind can vindicate her if she is guilty. Everyone is very fortunate in the case that she was such a loose cannon! Children in Tracy can sleep again withough being scared. xox

IMO, those deaths are done by women with Munchausen by Proxy. That doesn't fit this case. JMO
I respectfully disagree! Those deaths are NOT done by women with Munchausens. I am talking about the beating deaths, suffocations, and otherwise horrible cases done by women against children who are not their own.

I am still contemplating the note. She mentions this in the same breath as attending the vigil of Sandra. She supposedly found it in front of Sandra's house after she attended the vigil the night after Sandra went missing. The note gives the exact location of where she dumped Sandra.

IMO, This shows Melissa:

1) wants to make herself sound like she cared for Sandra by going to the vigil.

2) adds a degree of vengence towards the family by the information supposedly being within their grasp to know where she put Sandra.

3) chose the words to mimic those of a psychic type revelation which gives a sense of power to her.

4) making up the note at all is an act of defiance against the police since she followed it up with if they had listened to her sooner they could have found Sandra sooner speech.

I don't find any remorse, guilt, or sense of feeling in it. She is very much in control in her mind. This was a dig to Sandra, to the family, the community, and to LE. It was quite wicked, imo.

I agree with this...well said

I believe it's all the talk about the pedophile ring in Tracy, that's why everyone thinks a man must be involved. It is just so odd for a Mother of a small child to kidnap and kill another small child that isn't related and without a male partner. Most everyone on here believes that she was sexually assaulted too. It hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge, still most people believe she was. I thought so too, just because most children that are kidnapped and murdered are. Now, I'm not so sure. Not because the killer was a woman but I just think there may be another motive. This case is just so odd.

SNAP I can't believe I've already forgotten if the incident last year with the 7 yr old MHP child involved anything sexual along with drugging. I'm thinking it did.

We know their style now, the TPD, and don't think we will learn anything more about this they are good and ready to tell us. Even at the arraignment on Tuesday nothing will be forthcoming IMO except the reading of the two charges and a plea, right?

So this has been bothering me today....Remember in the beginning when we were told that the mother of one of Sandra's friends claimed that she heard Sandra say she was running away....do we know WHO it was that said this? Could it have been Melissa trying to throw investigators off?

I find it odd people are going on and on about 60 people in Tracy who trade child *advertiser censored* as if there are not 60 people right in their own communities who are probably doing the same thing. We have so many arrested here for child *advertiser censored* anymore they don't even make the news unless it is an enormous cache or includes someone in a profession of authority. Sad, but it is true.

LE can't go after them for many reasons, but funding appears to be the biggest one. Resources don't exist to combat the billion dollar industry and their connections across the world.

This woman strikes me as someone who would sexually abuse Sandra then murder her. I will not be surprised to find the abuse could be extreme. IMO, this was premeditated and Sandra was an object of obsession for her.

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this out a few minutes ago. I've been offline. My roommate is 29 and went to Brea Olinda High School and says this Huckaby looks very familiar. Sjhe's going to check her yearbook. What the heck!!?? I never would have guessed this woman. This is crazy. Why? Why would she do it?

So this has been bothering me today....Remember in the beginning when we were told that the mother of one of Sandra's friends claimed that she heard Sandra say she was running away....do we know WHO it was that said this? Could it have been Melissa trying to throw investigators off?
I don't know if this rumor or if there was a link, but the name was Rebecca H. (IIRC). No, it wasn't Melissa to my knowledge.

I couldn't finish my thought before the presser started... they had evidence but nary a clue. Sheneman said they were looking for a man in the presser. He also said her statements to the Tracy press were what had them ask her to come in again last night. I seriously don't think they were onto her at all until the media brought several things to light. I do not blame LE... who would think to look so deeply at women? I guess after Casey it changes it up a bit

Maybe Sandra didn't connect Melissa to her drugging either. It is possible she had no memory of events leading up to her being drugged or if a sexual assault did take place. This would have made it more difficult to pin it back on Melissa as the perp at the time. If TPD found no drugs in their investigation which were consistent with what was found in Sandra's system and Sandra could not point the finger at Melissa as being responsible either...there isn't much they could do legally, imo. They have to have evidence.

I think it is possible she tried to commit suicide, but I don't buy the razor story. Could be bleeding ulcers...but I am thinking more of a drug issue there.

I am just passing through reading the thread and this makes sense.

LE could have not been able to determine who drugged her, may not even have been able to develop a suspect. And who would ever suspect that it was the Sunday School teacher? Why wouldn't you allow the child to go play at her house? And there wouldn't be any known reason for her not to be teaching Sunday School either.

Has LE confirmed that Sandra was sexually abused?

I think my question about others involvement, would be was MH ever sexually abused? And if she was, who did it? Was it someone in the family?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back