Analyzing the area where Hailey was found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tugela,
Attached is a picture of the lake. the further you pan out, the uglier it gets.

And that's the God's truth!

Thanks for the pic, Kirby. It shows what we've been trying to say about the surrounding area and the desolation of the location.

Cherokee thanks for the great incite. You have painted a great picture of the area. Also wanted to add as an avid fisherwoman. That dosnt look like somewhere I would fish any time of year. moo Also one other thing as far as boats go. I have a boat that I fish from on a regular basis. In a lake like that where the water is low and visibility is that bad. You would fish from the middle and cast toward the shore. You would not take a chance of going up to the bank. If the water was to shallow you could break your prop.As muddy as that water looks doubt I would fish there anyway. moo

Shawn didn't know the lake area? pffft. We have pics of him in a boat.
No movie theaters in these little towns, restaurants close at eight. Most teenagers find their way to the lake. These aren't beach blanket bingo type parties with a nice little weinie roast. They are grab your cooler full of beer, and find the longest, most desolate road at the lake (farthest from the sheriff's beat) sit on tailgate and drink parties. I know - been there, done that, lucky to be alive

(Snipped for brevity)

2. From where the cars are located going north is the dirt road usable...can a car go there or would you need a truck etc...it is sandy and need a 4 x 4?

IMHO, a car would have a difficult time on that road just because of all the potholes and ruts. You wouldn't need a 4x4, but the part of the road you're asking about is definitely made more for trucks than cars. A regular pickup would be able to navigate that road easily. It's not sandy as in lots of sand. It's just that the soil is a sandy-clay mixture.

Remember the reports after Hailey went missing about Billie's car not working? They had to borrow a car from someone, or didn't someone give them a van? It seems like it broke down in the suspension if I remember correctly. I am on lunch break at work and cannot get a link right now, but will look for one. This certainly could account for the damage to the car.......circumstantial that is!!!

(Snipped for brevity)

2. From where the cars are located going north is the dirt road usable...can a car go there or would you need a truck etc...it is sandy and need a 4 x 4?

IMHO, a car would have a difficult time on that road just because of all the potholes and ruts. You wouldn't need a 4x4, but the part of the road you're asking about is definitely made more for trucks than cars. A regular pickup would be able to navigate that road easily. It's not sandy as in lots of sand. It's just that the soil is a sandy-clay mixture.

Remember the reports after Hailey went missing about Billie's car not working? They had to borrow a car from someone, or didn't someone give them a van? It seems like it broke down in the suspension if I remember correctly. I am on lunch break at work and cannot get a link right now, but will look for one. This certainly could account for the damage to the car.......circumstantial that is!!!

Ha! I was just thinking about that, I'll try and find a link. I think they tried to blame LE for the damage to the car IIRC, which we all thought was ridiculous at the time.

While I'm looking for a link, remember this?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59648KAWcrY"]03/04/2011 - Hailey Dunn Case - Shawn Adkins - Messed Up - Car Broke Down - YouTube[/ame]

Wasn't it one of the national search organization founder's who gave her that van? Not Klaas Kids, but the other one? A lady I think?

Cherokee thanks for the great incite. You have painted a great picture of the area. Also wanted to add as an avid fisherwoman. That dosnt look like somewhere I would fish any time of year. moo Also one other thing as far as boats go. I have a boat that I fish from on a regular basis. In a lake like that where the water is low and visibility is that bad. You would fish from the middle and cast toward the shore. You would not take a chance of going up to the bank. If the water was to shallow you could break your prop.As muddy as that water looks doubt I would fish there anyway. moo

You're welcome, and what you said is about fishing at Lake JB Thomas is exactly right. The lake level has been so low in the past couple of years, it has attracted very few people using boats to fish. It's just not worth it.

BBM

You are so right, Nannymo. I hadn't thought about that being a possible link to driving out on one of the lake roads. If you were driving in a hurry and it was close to dark where you couldn't see the road very well, you could do some damage to the underside of a car and the suspension.

I wonder where these were taken and if SA was in BD's life at the time.

bth_Hailey-canoe.jpg

bth_Hailey-creek.jpg

http://photobucket.com/images/Hailey+Dunn/?page=1

Wasn't it one of the national search organization founder's who gave her that van? Not Klaas Kids, but the other one? A lady I think?

I think it was Somer Thompson's foundation that donated that van to BD. I remember a couple of weeks after Hailey went missing I had to drive from my home in NM to Dallas. Colorado City is right on the way and we actually got off of the interstate and drove around town. More out of curiosity after following this case from the beginning and to orient myself around town there so as to better understand what the locals were posting about at the time. We drove by Hailey's house and saw the van parked in the driveway. IIRC it was a maroon mini van and it had a purple "Justice for Somer" bumper sticker on the back of it.

(Snipped for brevity)

Thank you...well one thing Hailey was taken there she didnt walk there...and it was by someone who knew this area well.

In December Im guessing not many would go down the road...

This is JMO

The perp knew the road and knew the area.

He went as far back on the road as he felt comfortable navigating it to not get stuck and then walked as far as possible carrying Hailey until he felt she was far enough from the dirt road and dumped her...not sure he even needed to bury her....

Not sure how far off the road she was located but again IMO the farther she was...the more agile the perp had....Me I might make it 10 feet.....

Are there any cautus out there?...thinking about walking that far carrying Hailey and getting tripped up or falling and pieces of his clothing etc being ripped or torn ..

Whoever took Hailey has to rethinking every move he made when placing her there and what "evidence" he left behind...Its was a one way in and one way out road....no way to hide if a car passed him and remembered the car or him.

If not the Chevy Lumina....Did SA use or borrow anyone's car or truck ?

Actually where was his truck?

I forgot about the broken suspension. Add that to the couch getting chucked out and that dilapidated house getting some renovations in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance and that is some unfortunate logistics the "not guilty" supporters have to round down.

What vehicle did Shawn have at the time of Hailey's disappearance? I wonder why he didn't drive it to work and potentially to dispose of Hailey's body? It is weird they only took one car between them north that day when this meant Shawn had to go collect Billie. Again the next day Billie doesn't drive her own car to work, Shawn does. Supposedly at this time she isn't meant to know he has quit work. Why this day can Shawn turn up to work an hour later without Billie suspecting anything amiss? Their logistics again make no sense, along with the cell phone being left at home, it is all odd.

I think it was Somer Thompson's foundation that donated that van to BD. I remember a couple of weeks after Hailey went missing I had to drive from my home in NM to Dallas. Colorado City is right on the way and we actually got off of the interstate and drove around town. More out of curiosity after following this case from the beginning and to orient myself around town there so as to better understand what the locals were posting about at the time. We drove by Hailey's house and saw the van parked in the driveway. IIRC it was a maroon mini van and it had a purple "Justice for Somer" bumper sticker on the back of it.

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.org/journeyofemotions.html

I know The Somer Thompson Foundation made a grant to Billie, but I don't think they gave her a van. It doesn't mention anything about a van in that article.

http://www.examiner.com/article/blog-talk-interview-with-missing-texas-teen-s-mom-billie-jean-dunn

snipped:
Asked where the donations went, Billie said, “I got a donation from the Somer Thompson Foundation. It paid my bills for one month. The little bit that was left over went on my son’s car. That’s it.

“I don’t know where people think I’m getting all these, this big amount of money from, because I’m not. But that’s exactly where it went. It went on bills, and a little bit on David’s car.”

Billie was told “that’s a big point.” She said someone gave her a van. When asked who gave her the van, she said the woman doesn’t want to be publicized.

I forgot about the broken suspension. Add that to the couch getting chucked out and that dilapidated house getting some renovations in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance and that is some unfortunate logistics the "not guilty" supporters have to round down.

What vehicle did Shawn have at the time of Hailey's disappearance? I wonder why he didn't drive it to work and potentially to dispose of Hailey's body? It is weird they only took one car between them north that day when this meant Shawn had to go collect Billie. Again the next day Billie doesn't drive her own car to work, Shawn does. Supposedly at this time she isn't meant to know he has quit work. Why this day can Shawn turn up to work an hour later without Billie suspecting anything amiss? Their logistics again make no sense, along with the cell phone being left at home, it is all odd.

Does anyone have a link that indicates Bily's car had a broken suspension two weeks after Hailey went missing?? HMMMMM

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.org/journeyofemotions.html

I know The Somer Thompson Foundation made a grant to Billie, but I don't think they gave her a van. It doesn't mention anything about a van in that article.

Billie was told “that’s a big point.” She said someone gave her a van. When asked who gave her the van, she said the woman doesn’t want to be publicized.

I think you are right sadnpod. Now that I think about it someone from the community there donated the van and didn't want to be identified. I just remember the Justice for Somer bumper sticker on the van and it stood out to me because it was around the same time that Diena Thompson visited there when they were searching for Hailey.

Just praying LE found something connecting the murderer to the crime scene by the lake.

Maybe a piece of clothing that was torn by a cauctus brush etc ,,, car fibers , a Dr. Pepper Can with skin cells and DNA...

Anything Please.....

With many thanks to Frostess for the photo and information - "Per KRBC....Kristin Anderson: Here's a look of the area where Hailey Dunn was found. As you can see, her loved ones have stopped by to leave flowers in her honor."

What a lovely thing to do. I hope it's okay to re-post the photo on this thread (after the other one was locked) to show what the countryside looks like where Hailey's scattered remains were found. It's mostly mesquite with a little bit of dry broom grass. The mesquite is green now, but during the winter, it is brown. It's difficult to see in this photo, but mesquite branches have thorns.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367360895_316704.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367360895_316704.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 89
For those who might not be familiar with mesquite, a view of their thorns ... I guess you know what I'm hoping for.

Attachments

• mesquite-thorns.jpg
    mesquite-thorns.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 60
So, they would be using boats?

On a receding shoreline or in the water, a body makes a pretty obvious target for someone on a boat (bodies float), because they get close to shore, which is why I asked. IMO hiding a body on a lake shore is not really an effective method of concealment. If SA was an avid fisherman as you suggest, and used that lake, he no doubt would have thought of that.

Adult women typically range from 5.0 to 5.10. So she is in that range. Plus, she was a big girl. So, hiding her body would be no different from hiding the body of an adult.

As I mentioned, in earlier threads, when the body was first found, posters claimed that was an area frequented by kids to party IIRC. That is why I asked that. If they didn't party at that specific spot, where on the lake would they have?
Hailey WAS the size of an adult. I and other adult women are that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500