Andrea Lyons ~ Tapes and Lectures And RECENT MEDIA

That is so funny - clearly Andrea does NOT read here!

No.....but her STUDENTS do. So...if there is no RED notebook......perhaps we shall see another bright color that is equally as eyecatching. Hey the woman is entitled to her tools and tricks........but we are equally entitled to sleuth them and discuss. HaHa

In the lecture given (that I linked in post #1) I found a juicy little tidbit. We'll have to make sure to watch out for RED notebooks during trial.

Andrea advises...
If you have info to use for impeachment, keep it in a separate RED notebook. Reach for the red notebook to find the info you need to impeach their statement later they admit it after 3 times. I've had a juror tell me to get red notebook. HaHa Jurors just start talking to me during trial.

OMG...and I just found this in my notes.......this is from Andrea Lyon..........Build the story up in opening. Have props. Anything you like, plate of spaghetti, anything demonstrative. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just visual. Spaghetti really????????? Guess all our talk here of spaghetti on the wall isn't so far off after all.

PIZZA!!! LOL. I can see it now. AL hands the jury a slice of pepperoni and asks the jury, "Now really folks, does this smell like decomposition to you?" Yes, indeedy, I can smell the courthouse now. That is provided "someone" doesn't eat the prop first.

Andrea doesn't do the decomp pizza demonstration, with the prosecution's rebuttal of the actual smell on the day the jury is scheduled to have pizza for lunch!

Leslie Lytle wrote a book entitled Execution’s Doorstep: True Stories of the Innocent and Near Damned....... One of the people in the book was Andrea Lyon's client. I read about the case and it was very compelling....... What I found amusing and prompted this post, was that AL sent a message to the author via her website to ask for a copy of the "contract" that Leslie had with the man. He needed it and Andrea couldn't find it.

http://megwaiteclayton.com/1stbooks/?p=63

My question is.......why didn't she call her about such a confidential matter instead of posting in the comment section of a webpage? Strange IMO

How funny. Because on October 24th 2008 (24th's my b-day) she had no idea that the whole world might someday be reading that posting. Lesson here? Be careful what you post, it could come back to bite ya.

How funny. Because on October 24th 2008 (24th's my b-day) she had no idea that the whole world might someday be reading that posting. Lesson here? Be careful what you post, it could come back to bite ya.

OH I agree. I have a feeling that before this trial is over....there are a few members of forums that get their names dragged into the mud. A while back, I was hesitant to post any links to articles that I found or podcasts. When I asked a few people in the "legal field", they said as long as I linked to where I got the info, did not cut and paste copyrighted material, did not make blanket hateful comments, encourage others to help me smear anyone, make statements known to be false, etc...... that it would be permissable. When the whole You Tube video debacle occurred and AL took down all her videos and BS got IMO "thrown under the bus" that when social media is out there and if you put it there, you can't cry foul later. Internet bloggers and posters are being sued by people that feel they have been hurt by info on the internet. This is one reason that I think Tricia is so careful to stay well within the "lines". Sure there are posts that go poof that probably weren't all that bad, but to err on the side of caution is not a bad thing.

An like an Angel, Tricia keeps us honest. I will say one thing. I have truly learned a lot since this case first started. And thanks to all here who do the research.

So AL has a Book signing in Chicago @ 6pm on the 20th and a Pre-trial hearing on the 21st in Orlando. Hummmm.

Book signing in Chicago = +$$$
Pro Bono work on CMA case = -$$$
Public Exposure due to case = PRICELESS

:waitasec: So, what if she does not get back in time for the hearing on the 21st? Will the courts grant them a continuance? That is if she has to be there, after all she is the DP attorney. I thought someone else was handling the check/fraud charges. Anyone know how this would work out if Lyons is a no show on the 21st? Hope the SA knows about her book signing before Baez claims she did not show due to a family/personal emergency.

sleutherontheside
Andrea's Scheduled Book Appearances.......
http://depauldemontracks.wordpress.com/

Did anyone else notice what it says at the bottom of this page? >>http://www.andrealyon.com/index.html

Get the ebook chapter, A Mother Accused in the
Is this part of a chapter in her new book she just released or is this a new book coming out? If it's a new book then I can assume she is writing a story on Casey? I may be way off here, I have not read this entire thread. I just happen to notice "A Mother Accused in the" at the bottom of the page.

I am quoting my own post LOL. I just read this book came out August 04, 2009
"Snip" THIS IS AN EXCERPT:
In one of her most memorable and shocking cases, death penalty defense lawyer Andrea D. Lyon defended a woman accused of murdering her child. Though many considered her client indefensible, Lyon was-and still remains-unshakable in her belief that every man and woman, no matter their guilt or innocence, deserves a fair trial and a chance at redemption. In "A Mother Accused," an excerpt from her forthcoming memoir Angel of Death Row, Lyon tells the story of Annette Gaines, who stood trial for the murder of her 22-month-old daughter. Heart-wrenching and surprising, it was a case that changed not only the life of the defendant and her family but Lyon's life as well. Alan M. Dershowitz says, Lyon "was born to be an angel of death row, and a devil to those who see execution as a quick fix for the social ills of our age." In this extraordinary story, we see why.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/andrea-d-lyon/a-mother-accused/_/R-400000000000000170789

No, someone kindly posted the Ebook chapter on the early part of her book thread and it is about another Mother who was charge with killing her child but didn't actually. Her child died while she was waiting in emerg for hours and hours. It was an interesting read, but not the same person we've seen in Orlando so far. People were speculating there was some heavy editing to make it kinder gentler style.

Hiya Den, I would bet Hub's right arm that she won't say a word about those pictures. I believe she will do her best, at trial, to ask the Judge to keep them out, citing they are too prejudicial.
Hi Bee, I think she'll give it a shot but those pictures are too important to the prosecution and proving aggravating circumstances ... IMO there's no way she can keep them out ...

scamp?

Hiya Den, I would bet Hub's right arm that she won't say a word about those pictures. I believe she will do her best, at trial, to ask the Judge to keep them out, citing they are too prejudicial.

They might be prejudicial... But I believe they are what they are and they should be seen as such. I'm willing to bet the Judge will see through that argument, as will the jurors. The latter would wonder why they're not allowed to see those pictures and possibly infer something from that.... I know they're not supposed to, but I think they might, human nature being what it is.

I believe such a move will backfire and cause the exact opposite effect she would be after.

JMHO :angel:

So AL has a Book signing in Chicago @ 6pm on the 20th and a Pre-trial hearing on the 21st in Orlando. Hummmm.

Book signing in Chicago = +$$$
Pro Bono work on CMA case = -$$$
Public Exposure due to case = PRICELESS

Wanna bet AL won't be attending this hearing?...maybe it's LKB's turn to hold KC's wrists! :angel:

How is Lyon going to be in Chicago at a book signing a 6pm on Jan 20th when she has court Jan 21st at 10:00 am ?? Could it be that they are working out a plea on the fraud charges ?? Or is Baez going to be doing it alone ? (that should be interesting)?

Any ideas ??

I have no idea.....Expedia shows last flight out to Orlando at 7 something PM...... I don't know what time flights leave Chicago that morning......but given travel dealys etc......I think we are looking at a strong posssibility that AL won't make it. I don't think JB will be allowed to handle it and if SS is smart, he won't either.....because this case will impact her murder trial so heavily Andrea has already told the court SHE will be handling it. Funny how we never heard anything about her book tour when she came on board.

I have no idea.....Expedia shows last flight out to Orlando at 7 something PM...... I don't know what time flights leave Chicago that morning......but given travel dealys etc......I think we are looking at a strong posssibility that AL won't make it. I don't think JB will be allowed to handle it and if SS is smart, he won't either.....because this case will impact her murder trial so heavily Andrea has already told the court SHE will be handling it. Funny how we never heard anything about her book tour when she came on board.

I believe this is a pre-trial hearing for the murder trial not fraud. Fraud trial starts on January 25th.

Didn't Lyon say something when she first came on board that she was only available on Thursdays and Friday because of her teaching schedule ? Seems she has plenty of flexibility when it comes to TV appearances, interviews, book promotions and signings though. I don't think SS at this point is going to put up with delaying the fraud trial ... he's already made his point about this being a simple case that shouldn't take long. Guess we'll find out Thursday.

ETA: Oops, the pre-trial for murder is next Thursday, Jan 21st ... sorry for the confusion ... I guess she will HAVE to be there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back