Another drowning in La Crosse, WI - 8th since 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.
mssheila said:
This news is pretty big. They're calling the drowning in Minneapolis/St Paul a "Homicide". Which makes the drownings in LaCrosse suspect. I'm glad that the investigators have contacted the FBI. Too many coincidences
Hi MsSheila! I'm in Madison for classes today!!

This is huge - his family has sought justice for a long time. I wonder if the FBI La Crosse investigation spurred the eyewitnesses to come forward in the MN area.

I guess I am in the minority on this subject. I have been reading alot about the drownings and I believe that there is something sinister going on here. There are cases that extend far from La Crosse. I found an article about a profiler who followed a man who waslked into a police station and claimed to be obsessed with drowning men between the ages of 16 and 30. Unbeliveably, it is a fetish. This article is very interesting:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-150862797.html

I don't know that I believe this John Doe guy is the culprit, but I do believe that something is very, very, very wrong in La Crosse.

My opinion has changed slightly since a U.S. Marshal's son drowned in Iowa. The Marshal really influenced the feds to look into things closer and the feds did not substantiate a serial killer. But I do not believe simple binge drinking is at work either.

This is a very good collection of info on the topic as well. Holmes, V. (2005). Drowning in coincidence: Midwest student mystery. Retrieved May 8, 2006, from http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing_students.html

Ang,
I had read that article the other day. It is a good one. I just cant believe that all of these were accidents. Sure these men were all very intoxicated but unless I hear that they were all carrying divining rods on them, I just can't believe that many just fell in the water by accident. There are alot of men missing that have not been found..
Justin Gaines
Kyle Fleishman
Brian Shaffer are a few.

I guess I am in the minority on this subject. I have been reading alot about the drownings and I believe that there is something sinister going on here. There are cases that extend far from La Crosse. I found an article about a profiler who followed a man who waslked into a police station and claimed to be obsessed with drowning men between the ages of 16 and 30. Unbeliveably, it is a fetish. This article is very interesting:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-150862797.html

A couple of years ago I had made a list by year and school. I agree with you, I too believe there is something sinister going on here. There are too many to be a coincidence, IMO.

JMHO
fran

This series of cases was being discussed here on a Mpls. radio station this a.m. with several tv newscasts being broadcast on it as well, one scheduled for for tonight at 10 pm on KSTP TV. It has always caught my interest, partially because I have a son in college at UW in Madison, WI. I am very intrigued by what I heard and feel these are all connected and that we will hear much more about them. The working theory apparently is that they are serial killings and that a group or network of some sort is responsible. There have been suspected homicide drownings in many states, WI, MN, IA, NY and more. In LaCrosse LE is rejecting that they are more than accidents but a group of detectives, led by one named Gannon (I think, I may be wrong) are pursuing these deaths across the U.S. on their own and plan to hang in there until they can get a prosecutor or the FBI to act. The reporter said they are keeping much info on the cases close to the vest, including the motive of this group for killing young men, but that there definitely IS a theory about the motive. She also said those investigating the murders think the killers are both brilliant and lucky and are getting more and more bold. They leave identical grafitti (smiley faces) at the site of the murders and also wrote a word at one site where a body was recovered (can't remember which state) and the word turned out to be the street name of another body recovery site in Dubuque, Iowa.

Eve

I do think when the FBI did their investigation, they did not come to the same conclusion.

I still do feel that these deaths maybe except for one are all accidental.

If these two detectives have so much evidence and "just know" that these deaths are not homicides, then who are the suspects, what "direct" evidence do they have.

I don't see much here that would change my mind.

I always thought the FBI was wrong about these young men walking into the river due to drinking. One thing that I noticed was the lack of summer "accidents". I don't know if it holds true with the other cases, but in WI they were during the school session.

I don't think this would have been released if the Detectives and Professor don't have plenty to substantiate their claim. They say they already know some of the players and I think the FBI will have to come to terms with them being totally wrong and admit their failure on these cases.

I always thought the FBI was wrong about these young men walking into the river due to drinking. One thing that I noticed was the lack of summer "accidents". I don't know if it holds true with the other cases, but in WI they were during the school session.

I don't think this would have been released if the Detectives and Professor don't have plenty to substantiate their claim. They say they already know some of the players and I think the FBI will have to come to terms with them being totally wrong and admit their failure on these cases.

The reporter I heard said they do indeed have a lot of real evidence and in fact are almost prepared to move on an identified suspect/s in one of the cases. She said they are keeping much of the substantiation secret for that reason. I also think everyone was too quick to blame all these deaths on drinking. There were weird indicators that something else was going on but LE and other took the easier way out and blamed it on drinking.

I also requested the threads be merged.

Eve

I am so happy and yet so angry. I want the families...ALL the families to learn what happened...with that I have to hold the anger that the Law Enforcement community gave them nothing. I am just so angry.

Tonight, I am so delighted that someone DID see it. We were not the only ones that were taking issue with those murders. THANK GOD~

i'm kind of mad at the police, who, according to the news videos i looked at, aren't interested in the NY cops 'theories'.

Hey SS, check your pm's thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members