Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

Zsa Zsa, I disagree with you and am going to leave it at that. Again, I feel that there is such dislike for Cindy that she cannot move right or left without a negative response. They have not profited off Caylee and no one knows that they did, imo. They did the 48 hours show. 20,000 is not a lot of money and they have no money. They can't move without a camera - doesn't matter if anyone thinks it is their fault - they can't move. They have been through hell and have lost their grandchild and it is beyond sad. Cindy is not, imo, deserving of such hate.

any money is some money so no, the Anthonys are not free and clear of profiting off Caylee's murder. I don't think Cindy Anthony is as hated as some think though and as with anyone else, including Casey, Cindy is responsible for her words and actions and she chose to say and do what she wanted. She put herself in the light she's viewed in. I have no problem seperating my sorrow for the murder of their grandchild from my disgust at her deliberate words and actions afterwards.

Sincerely, you should be able to back up that one - they never made hundreds of thousands Zsa Zsa.

As a FAMILY they have been FORCED to disclose some of the money they have made off her- ICA made more than 200K from Caylee photos and video,that is documented- and probably more that we don't know of. It is documented that the A's received 20K from ABC for Caylee photos and video. If that is not selling Caylee then I don't know what is. There is undoubtedly more,that has not been uncovered yet, from all the media outlets they were entertained by- CNN etc.
A single weekend at Ritz Carlton could account for a couple of K more.
None of it has been donated to charity as far as we know...

Your statement said the A's had NOT profited from Caylee.

I too find it disgusting. If it was like Caliee Anthony rememberence t-shirts where money would go to charity, I would support it.
But making a profit on the suffering of a family is just low class any way you look at it.

MTE! I agree with you completely. I think selling underwear is going way to far with it!

They never got 20,000, it was taxed and they paid their lawyer. Anytime Cindy is mentioned here, she is basically tarred and feathered and I think that if anyone here saw their grandchild's name being "used" and profited from by total strangers selling pens, etc., they would sue. That is what we are talking about the suing. I would do it in a second and I hope they win, which they will.
bbm
That's not how it works, they get the full amount and it is up to THEM to claim it in their 1040 form when they file their taxes. I wonder if they also paid tax on all of the money they collected in those giant donation jars they had all over Orlando for months and months.
We know they aren't paying any tax from their faux foundation where naive people probably still sending them money. They are all about the $$$$$moo

I thought that the A's weren't going to go to the juror choosing? So how does she know that they are being sold at the courthouse?

She's going to sue Conway, she is going to sue merchandisers. This is her anger coming out. She is angry at the state for prosecuting her dau, she is probably angry at KC but in denial. And she can't sue them, so she will find substitutes.

Still I can't fault her for trying to stop this. I have seen it happen in other cases, and it is pretty horrible.

As a FAMILY they have been FORCED to disclose some of the money they have made off her- ICA made more than 200K from Caylee photos and video,that is documented- and probably more that we don't know of. It is documented that the A's received 20K from ABC for Caylee photos and video. If that is not selling Caylee then I don't know what is. There is undoubtedly more,that has not been uncovered yet, from all the media outlets they were entertained by- CNN etc.
A single weekend at Ritz Carlton could account for a couple of K more.
None of it has been donated to charity as far as we know...

Your statement said the A's had NOT profited from Caylee.

ICA is not Cindy, number one. They have never been paid for the CNN interviews - they do not pay for them. Their carfare was paid. A weekend at the Ritz Carlton when they found out the child was dead. Their house was surrounded by protestors and the media. This is what I mean when I say that she cannot move left or right, without being tarred and feathered.

She has every right to sue. I hope she does. I hope she wins and I back her 1000%.

bbm
That's not how it works, they get the full amount and it is up to THEM to claim it in their 1040 form when they file their taxes. I wonder if they also paid tax on all of the money they collected in those giant donation jars they had all over Orlando for months and months.
We know they aren't paying any tax from their faux foundation where naive people probably still sending them money. They are all about the $$$$$moo

Giant Donation Jars. Yes I can really see how they were profiting off that. A whole jarful of coins to spend.

If it is, the money should go to a charitible organization perferably to an organization related to crime victims.

I agree the money should go to a crime victims organization and not in any company/individuals pocket for profit. People should not be able to profit from this horrible event but if they want to purchase a shirt that says something negative about Casey I say so be it as long as the money generated is used to help an organization to help crime victims.

Zsa Zsa, I disagree with you and am going to leave it at that. Again, I feel that there is such dislike for Cindy that she cannot move right or left without a negative response. They have not profited off Caylee and no one knows that they did, imo. They did the 48 hours show. 20,000 is not a lot of money and they have no money. They can't move without a camera - doesn't matter if anyone thinks it is their fault - they can't move. They have been through hell and have lost their grandchild and it is beyond sad. Cindy is not, imo, deserving of such hate.

$20,000 is not alot of money???? It's more than I have sitting around. "They have no money"??? Are you serious???? She collects disablity, they took a friggin cruise, eat out at expensive restaurants & stayed in anexpensive hotels (on ABC news dime) when thier granddaughters remains were found, might I add. They've done GMA, Larry King Live, Today show, etc, etc, etc, etc. All of these appearances were to "promote" Casey's innocence, not the prosecution of Caylee's murderer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27920672/detail.html?source=orlpn

POSTED: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT May 17, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing the parents of Casey Anthony said he will fight to put a halt to people trying to profit from the murder case centered around his clients' granddaughter.

T-shirts, pins, underwear and other items invoking the names of Casey and Caylee Anthony are being sold on the Internet, including eBay.

These people have bigger fish to fry...I believe this is just representative of only 'they' can make money off this tragedy...I believe they might want to start being a voice for Caylee Marie and worry about their dysfunctional family being front and center as a reason WHY Inmate Casey Anthony allegedly carried out what it is she is being accused of....:banghead:

This doesn't surprise me that 'money' is the focus of contention and not what ICA is accused of doing to precious Caylee Marie...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

ICA is not Cindy, number one. They have never been paid for the CNN interviews - they do not pay for them. Their carfare was paid. A weekend at the Ritz Carlton when they found out the child was dead. Their house was surrounded by protestors and the media. This is what I mean when I say that she cannot move left or right, without being tarred and feathered.

She has every right to sue. I hope she does. I hope she wins and I back her 1000%.

ABC said that at first too, they don't 'pay for interviews'. Then they were forced to disclose that they paid them 20K for Caylee photos and videos. Same difference.
They made profit and continue to for exploiting Caylee.
If they have no money they should try working for it.

Giant Donation Jars. Yes I can really see how they were profiting off that. A whole jarful of coins to spend.

Our own WS members went to some of these locations and there were no coins, they did see plenty of hundred dollar bills tho.

I have to respectfully disagree. It is clear that Cindy is hated to such a degree that if she moves, it is the wrong way.

But she is not deserving of the hate that I have seen expressed. She and her family have every right to sue anyone who is trying to use Caylee's name for profit.

So the question is why then is CA so hated by the public? Did a vast majority of people following this case just wake up and say you know I'm going to hate on a poor grand mother who has lost her grand child. Personally I think if CA had acted differently you would see a very sympathetic public.

So I would say the reason why CA is so hated is do to her own actions that have been viewed by the public.

You may not agree and that is your right to do so. So we can agree to disagree, but I feel one has to recognize that the hate for CA is a direct result of her actions during this case.

Personally I find anyone making money from a murdered child to be rather grotesque. That includes lawyers using this case to promote their books, "expert" witnesses using this as a means to go on shows as talking heads, Hob nobbing on yachts with semi famous reporters, being paid licensing fees for pictures to go on TV (in a back door effort to pay for an interview), getting to go to fancy hotels and eating extravagant meals while volunteers slog through the Florida muck looking for your grand child.

I could go on all day about the "profit" that has been acquired by the A's and the other cast of characters in this case.

So my toilet paper with Casey's face on it isn't of interest here? :( lol - I jest

making money off that sweet child is disgusting, unless it is going to a good cause, but I guess it's a case of what we buy and where we buy it.

ABC said that at first too, they don't 'pay for interviews'. Then they were forced to disclose that they paid them 20K for Caylee photos and videos. Same difference.
They made profit and continue to for exploiting Caylee.
If they have no money they should try working for it.

The Anthonys never denied they were doing the show. They never made 200,000; that was their daughter. They were paid over six months and ended up with 4000 out of 10,000 after they finished paying Brad from each payout.

They never exploited Caylee. They have had their lives turned inside out and the protestors who stood outside had no interest in Caylee except to hurt and humiliate a family that was in crisis and still is.

I, for one, hope that they finally get some peace out of all of this. They deserve to have it. They have suffered enough.

Wouldn't 20k be profit though? yes you can argue what is alot of money and what is not alot of money. However the simple fact is they were paid (in a round about way) for interviews. We can talk about paying licensing fees v. paying for interviews till the cows come home but I think everyone at least recognizes it's a loop hole for paying for interviews.

I think you have to look at CA's dishonesty and her actions in this. If she reacted like the grand mother of a victim I think the public would have a very different reaction to CA.

I don't hate anyone... much less CA. But I do feel scornful of her, and it is her own actions entirely that have earned that.
Contrary to your statement which you don't seem to want to own, they have made lots of profit and continue to do so.

The Anthonys never denied they were doing the show. They never made 200,000; that was their daughter. They were paid over six months and ended up with 4000 out of 10,000 after they finished paying Brad from each payout.

They never exploited Caylee. They have had their lives turned inside out and the protestors who stood outside had no interest in Caylee except to hurt and humiliate a family that was in crisis and still is.

I, for one, hope that they finally get some peace out of all of this. They deserve to have it. They have suffered enough.

They have caused me to suffer a great deal too, maybe I should get a lawyer?:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back