Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wesh.com/news/19724301/detail.html

Perhaps their daughter shouldn't've killed their precious granddaughter then.

ETA, Hope I did this right. This is my first thread. All opinions are welcome, but please lets keep it civil.

I voted NO because of two reasons.
It is a Florida Law to release the information.
AND mostly because the more they hid, and lie the less JUSTICE we will get for CAYLEE.
I am interested in Justice for CAYLEE.

To the dead we owe nothing but the truth. ~ Voltaire

Snipped and emboldened by me. Thank you for the info. I have to wonder how much the defense will be charged for this. I noticed the amount they have paid to date is $1,953.00. It doesn't seem right to me that a defendant should be charged to see discovery. That just seems so wrong.

With all due respect I do not agree at all:
Some of the work that goes into this discovery costs a lot of money including Salary for the staff involved in getting the information.
If the defence wants it for free they should do their own discovery and find out that it would most likely cost much more.
There are no free lunches.

The guardian however most likely gets a free copy of the autopsy, not clear on that.

Ok, so if the A's havent seen the AR, and dont know whats in it, then how the HECK does BC know that there is "no bombshells" AND....

how do the A's know that the AR doesnt EXONERATE their precious perp? For all they know, there could be info in the report that could show that the perp didnt do it. (ie info about something that indicates only someone large and strong could have achieved) they cant know that UNLESS THEY ALREADY KNOW WHATS IN THE REPORT.

Oh, but if I read between the lines, BC says they didnt READ the report, not that they didnt get someone else to read it and relay the info...

*sammie tears her hair and gnashes teeth*

Initially I thought the "failure to notice" the appropriate parties, was simply incompetence on the part of the defense. Now we see a definite pattern here, with any new evidence or actions on the part of SA. I'm truly suspicious that Baez et al keep doing this because it keeps working for them & gives them time :banghead:

--respectfully snipped

exactly! spot on!

BC knew exactly who needed to be noticed. the failure to notice counsel for the various media outlets was intentional and strategic. trust me here. Notices and Certificates of Service are as basic as it gets. any 1st year. paralegal student would know that.

After reading all the posts, I have to wonder if the same people who are adamant about seeing the autopsy report of Caylee are also as adamant about the autopsy report of Sandra Cantu? I'm trying to figure out if it is because there is more respect for the Cantu family, where there is very little (next to none) for the Anthonys?

I know there is a gag order in the SCantu case and therein may be the difference. I also wonder how gag orders affect the Sunshine laws in the State of Florida?

Someone should have told JB to be careful what he wished for when he opposed the gag order in this case. I think the autopsy report will be released next week.

I think it will be released too.

Ok, so if the A's havent seen the AR, and dont know whats in it, then how the HECK does BC know that there is "no bombshells" AND....

how do the A's know that the AR doesnt EXONERATE their precious perp? For all they know, there could be info in the report that could show that the perp didnt do it. (ie info about something that only a large, strong man could have done) they cant know that UNLESS THEY ALREADY KNOW WHATS IN THE REPORT.

Oh, but if I read between the lines, BC says they didnt READ the report, not that they didnt get someone else to read it and relay the info...

iirc at the get go bc said that he would be incharge of helping the a's get thru documents----and choosing which ones the could handle or not.....didn't believe it then and still don't----

After reading all the posts, I have to wonder if the same people who are adamant about seeing the autopsy report of Caylee are also as adamant about the autopsy report of Sandra Cantu? I'm trying to figure out if it is because there is more respect for the Cantu family, where there is very little (next to none) for the Anthonys?

I know there is a gag order in the SCantu case and therein may be the difference. I also wonder how gag orders affect the Sunshine laws in the State of Florida?

Someone should have told JB to be careful what he wished for when he opposed the gag order in this case. I think the autopsy report will be released next week.

The reason that Sandra's autopsy was sealed was made very clear. The horrific sexual assult she suffered was so vile, obvious and inflamatory that to release the results would hinder Huckabees defence.

Initially I thought the "failure to notice" the appropriate parties, was simply incompetence on the part of the defense. Now we see a definite pattern here, with any new evidence or actions on the part of SA. I'm truly suspicious that Baez et al keep doing this because it keeps working for them & gives them time :banghead:

This could go on ad infinitum as a ploy to avoid the inevitable. Well then there was the back problem with BC, we won't even go there . .

IAT I do not think they want to go to trial yet and will delay for as long as they can.
too many delays can be in favor for the defense, and I am very concerned about that. Especially with all the sketchy BS around evidence that was derailed by family.
I too see DELAY as thier game plan.

how do the A's know that the AR doesnt EXONERATE their precious perp? For all they know, there could be info in the report that could show that the perp didnt do it. (ie info about something that indicates only someone large and strong could have achieved) they cant know that UNLESS THEY ALREADY KNOW WHATS IN THE REPORT.

YES how do they know ? Good post :clap::clap:

I do not believe that this is a NG myth???!!!! I believe that the forensic evidence showed this to be a fact.:banghead:

Yep! The "fictional NG death band" on the hair was found and confirmed by the FBI.

Hello WS

Please, I just do not understand our legal system at all...apparently because...why do George and Cindy have any say in any of this? They are not being charged. It was not their daughter...? Is it because JB is going along and he has the power? Does this mean we will never see the results or is this something that they just want to keep under wraps until the trial?

Thanks.

I've only heard it done in Sandra Cantu case. There must be something in that autopsy report the Anthony's really really really don't want the public to know about. It's the jail video all over again. The more attention they bring to it the more we all wonder about it.

Yep! The As keep yelling, "Don't think about a pink elephant!" and expecting people not to think about a pink elephant.

For me (and this is just MY opinion) it is a combination of things. Refusal of gag order is one thing. The laws in Florida being as open as thy are, which I also believe to be a very good thing. Our founding fathers charged us with keeping our government in check and without transparency it is difficult for us to do this, which is why I believe that the First Amendment was put on the top of the list in the Bill of Rights. Florida is more open, however, I think in the Cantu case, it probably would have been sealed no matter where it is. And I would hope not just for the defense, but out of respect for Sandra.

But most importantly, and this is the part that is just my opinion: When a child is sexually assaulted, I believe that as long as the jury is going to see the information, the family should have the right to block the media (print, TV, radio and Net) from disclosing details if that is what they choose to do. HOWEVER, in a case like this one, when the family has abandoned the victim, in favor of her murderer and they have behaved in such a disrespectful manner towards this child, it is the duty of the public to take the lead and demand justice. Not only does the public have to worry about morality, and what their children learn about right and wrong, but if the Anthony's had it their way KC would walk free today and be out in the public, and I believe a danger to others.

Due to the fact that the public has to seek justice, and in fact, the public for that matter were the only ones even seeking Caylee's little body, it is the public that needs to see the facts. In addition, this case is not one of sexual assault (& I pray that is the truth and this child never went thru anything like that). The body was reduced to nothing but bare bones and duct tape. I see no way that the results of the autopsy report would be disrespectful if disclosed and and agree that it would be silencing her if those who do care about her and are standing for justice were not allowed to hear what was left of her little voice. On the contrary, I think it would be disrespectful to turn my back and not listen to her. At the very least, Sandra has her family.

For me (and this is just MY opinion) it is a combination of things. Refusal of gag order is one thing. The laws in Florida being as open as thy are, which I also believe to be a very good thing. Our founding fathers charged us with keeping our government in check and without transparency it is difficult for us to do this, which is why I believe that the First Amendment was put on the top of the list in the Bill of Rights. Florida is more open, however, I think in the Cantu case, it probably would have been sealed no matter where it is. And I would hope not just for the defense, but out of respect for Sandra.

But most importantly, and this is the part that is just my opinion: When a child is sexually assaulted, I believe that as long as the jury is going to see the information, the family should have the right to block the media (print, TV, radio and Net) from disclosing details if that is what they choose to do. HOWEVER, in a case like this one, when the family has abandoned the victim, in favor of her murderer and they have behaved in such a disrespectful manner towards this child, it is the duty of the public to take the lead and demand justice. Not only does the public have to worry about morality, and what their children learn about right and wrong, but if the Anthony's had it their way KC would walk free today and be out in the public, and I believe a danger to others.

Due to the fact that the public has to seek justice, and in fact, the public for that matter were the only ones even seeking Caylee's little body, it is the public that needs to see the facts. In addition, this case is not one of sexual assault (& I pray that is the truth and this child never went thru anything like that). The body was reduced to nothing but bare bones and duct tape. I see no way that the results of the autopsy report would be disrespectful if disclosed and and agree that it would be silencing her if those who do care about her and are standing for justice were not allowed to hear what was left of her little voice. On the contrary, I think it would be disrespectful to turn my back and not listen to her. At the very least, Sandra has her family.

Thank you for your response and I understand all of your points; however, I have to wonder, since autopsies are a matter of public record, could the media not also demand the release of the Cantu autopsy as they most likely will do in the Anthony case?

I have no dog in this fight as far as seeing the autopsy or not, but I do wonder if the negative emotions against the A's is what drives us to feel entitled to this report.

I don't want this to come out wrong as I'd like to the see the autopsy, but whatever the court decides is fine with me. I do respect the Cantus and for that reason I would not particularly want to see that report. As far as the sexual assault vs. whatever state Caylee was in when the body was found, how do we know that the findings will not cause public outrage and prevent KC from getting a fair trial also? This is simply an observation on my part, nothing more. Respect for the family vs. no respect for the family of a deceased child. I was curious, that's all.

My question was also about how the Sunshine laws in Florida affect a gag order. Which law trumps the other? Would it apply to an autopsy report?

TIA

To me, the pictures of the crime scene are far more disturbing than the autopsy report could possibly be. After viewing the crime scene photos released over several months, they bring the Caylee Anthony case right "in your face". This little child was given no more consideration that to be dumped in a dark and dreary, scary, debris-ridden place where animals live, with no regard given to her as a human being.

The autopsy report is a logical, scientific description of human "remains" (I don't know what word George Anthony would prefer to be used) of what used to be a bright lively little girl. But the place where the little human was found says far more than any autopsy report could say, IMO. The report will come out at trial, but the photos of the scene and all the trash in it leaves a mark on my heart. It is so very sad.

I think they lost the right to have a say in how the autopsy results are released the day they checked the memory of Caylee at the door. The moment they went on a crusade to prevent Casey from receiving any sort of punishment at all for the murder of her daughter is the day they put Casey's interests before Caylee's. I'm not entirely sure they have ever put Caylee's interests first. The only motive for this request is to benefit Casey and any other motive put forth by the Anthony's is nothing but pure rubbish.

Yes, they know it will cause anguish - to all of us who truly fell in love with that baby angel girl.

And the fact that they want to HIDE what their cruel and heartless daughter did shows me even more, without a doubt, where their loyalties lie - not with a baby angel who was taken from this world TOO SOON, but with a rotten, disgusting, lying monster of daughter.

Actually you have alot more standing to request the release of the documents. They are public records. the assumption is the public and any member thereoff may request them. It is in the seeking to block public access to public records where the onus of standing comes into play.

Absolutely. And I, unlike the Anthonys, understand the meaning of "public records."

My question as to standing deals, though, with BC's right to file any motions in regard to the criminal case. George and Cindy are not parties. BC is not an attorney for the defense. I still would think there would have to be an amicus curiae filed to even allow BC's motions to get past go. And if he were to do that, how would the relationship between he and JB change? Or is the law here in Florida that much different than other parts of the world?

"Pending formal notice to the media, including the Orlando Sentinel, this Court will enter a temporary stay of the autopsy reports and findings set to be released. Following a written response to the motion by interested media the Court will either rule on the pleadings or set a hearing as necessary."

Does this mean once the media writes up their objection the judge can rule on the release without even having a hearing? I'm a bit confused by the statement "will either rule on the peladings or set a hearing".

Yes, Judge S doesn't have to hold a hearing on matter. Judge S can take the request/motion under submission on the pleadings without oral argument. Or he can set a hearing and hear oral arguments from the parties.

You know, old G & C don't have to listen to news or read if they're going to feel anguish at the AR. Like, as if, anyway! I'm certain they will feel anguish for a great long while, if indeed they do feel! It seems to be some very twisted type anguish, as I see it! They have consistently directed their anger at the most inappropriate things, and leaving alone the very "thing" that anger should be directed to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels