GUILTY AR - Acen King, 3, killed in road rage shooting, Little Rock, 17 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

I get angry in traffic and w stupid drivers but FFS its not worth a life! so not escalate and I only honk if they are about to hit me and I want them to see me.
Yes! Horns are for alerting people to an unsafe situation. Almost hitting you definitely qualifies.

But people go on and on! Honking and yelling at someone who did something wrong and unsafe usually leaves the honking person distracted from their own driving because they're busy engaged with yelling and honking. I'm certain I'm not the only person to witness near accidents due to a road raging person yelling at someone else for almost causing an accident. It's almost ironic sometimes!

I guarantee every driver has made an error. Some bigger and more avoidable than others. Some worthy of serious consequences. None worth an immediate death sentence. None worth killing over.

Every single driver has erred.

A number of years ago, when dating a real hothead, our car was cut off on the freeway by a car jammed full of passengers. Of course the insane cussing and speeding up to catch them started immediately, with me held captive -- until a gangbanger started waving a gun out of the other car's window. Yeah, boyfriend got a clue, finally. Ahh, good times.

Never, ever will I, as a driver or as a passenger, give in to anger on the road. I've seen more than one case where a car was chased, a pet was dragged out of a car and killed because its owner's driving skills "made" another driver go ballistic. Now it's children being killed, AND THE PERPS JUST DRIVE AWAY. What is going on with people with the rage and total lack of impulse control?? I could never live with myself if I even accidentally hurt someone. I just don't understand.

IMHO those with a short fuse need to learn some anger management skills before ever starting the ignition. They don't need a gun, or a baseball bat, or a fist. Got a phone? Use it. No trip is worth killing for, or being killed.

This just plain hurts the heart :(

I have to reiterate - WTF is wrong with people? RIP little one..

The pain this family myst be feeling right now. Unimaginable. :cry:

Wow that's scary! I would think getting out of the car would escalate things? Several years ago the city I lived in installed one of those roundabout things which was the first like it in the city. It was a little confusing at first. I saw a driver make an unsafe turn. Next thing I know we're at a stop light and another driver got out of his car and went up and banged on the other drivers window. I called the police, but my main complaint was the guy who hit the window, not the driver who made the unsafe turn... The angry driver made the situation worse... We went from an unsafe moment that ended up okay to some random angry person standing in traffic banging on another car! No offense to you, but to me, the person who actually leaves their car is a problem. What are you going to do exactly? Explain traffic safety while standing in traffic leaving your car sitting there? That helps make things safer how exactly? What's the best case scenario you hope for when you get out and confront someone? How's that worked out?

When I make a driving mistake I'm very apologetic and freaked out that I could have caused an accident or something. If someone got out of their car, I'd be terrified, and rightly so! And no matter how apologetic I already was am I going to feel like I can safely apologize to the dude banging at my window? Uh, no! I'm going to refuse to get out of my car and call the police on the agitated THREATENING person.

So getting out of the car helps safety how exactly?
I never said getting out of the car helps safety. It is obviously an immediate escalation of the situation. The first example I used, I only got out of the car because they almost caused a major accident over nothing. Why pass me and risk a wreck(literally a matter of inches) when in a few seconds you're going to be sitting idle at the stop sign? It was ridiculous. Yeah I can look back and see I probably overreacted to the situation but they were a road hazard practically begging to cause a car wreck. Hopefully they learned a lesson....don't risk a wreck to get a few feet in front of someone at a stop sign.

The second example a definite overreaction. I was just annoyed that they continually honked while both of us are sitting at a long red light. Is it my fault its taking awhile to wait for the green light? Of course not. In this case, I hope they learned a lesson. Dont honk at people who are in the same situation as you....waiting for a red light to turn green. They also shouldn't be acting like idiots with children in the car.

I agree with you......the person who gets out of their car in these situations is a problem. They are willing to take it personally even if violence is the result. In the first case, no I wasn't going to explain traffic safety to them and they knew it. Its why they rolled up the window and wouldn't get out of the car when I asked them. They were on the verge of dealing with a physical confrontation that they weren't going to win.....although neither was I as I likely would've went to jail.

In the second incident, while I got out of the car for a few seconds, nothing was happening there once I saw those children so I got back in my car. Even if he had got out of the car I would've said forget it, your kids are here. Its not worth it.

IN reality, none of it is worth it. We're all just trying to get to where we want to go. Some just want to get to their destination faster. I just wish people would take a chill pill.

I'm a lot more mellow now(I'm 41) and I hope this doesn't come across like I'm road raging every day. I'm not. Just dealt with it a few times and I've also seen it happen to others as well.

You are smart not to get out of the car. Whether the person looks threatening or not, just stay in your car. The person bold enough to get out of their car has immediately escalated the situation and even if you get out as well, this is a further escalation even if you mean no harm and simply want to reason with them.

That is horrifying. unfortunately, road rage is an epidemic and most people have experienced some form of it. I've had two incidents years ago where I actually got out of my car....

If this person has even a miniscule shred of decency, they'll turn themselves in....

^sbm Glad that nobody ended up hurt ^, but...

Like flourish posted above, seems like other driver would not be receptive to hearing about any traffic laws (I think) he's violated, if I were inclined to try.

The more compelling reason for my not exiting own vehicle to approach other driver or car - regardless of my intent, whether to apologize, confront, or enlighten about traffic laws - is "known unknowns." In exiting my vehicle, my own well-being would hinge on factors I know that I do not know.

Does other driver have bad temper? Ditto passenger in his car?
Is driver DWI? Is passenger intoxicated or on drugs?
Above all, is driver armed & trigger-happy? Ditto passenger?

Seems like my phoning 911 for LEO assistance or driving to LE station may be more appropriate, if necessary. JM2cts, could be wrong. YMMV.

Nah, brah, I've read WAY too many stories of someone who was shot during a road rage incident. I never get out of my car. My pride isn't worth a gunshot to the chest because someone can't control themselves behind the wheel. I will drive off and go about my day before being the one to escalate a situation. JMO!

There's a psychology behind driving. It affects people in ways you wouldn't think. The most passive people can become monsters behind the wheel. Being in a car makes us feel anonymous, so we're more aggressive (just like being on the internet). It takes the personal contact out of the situation, so if someone angers a driver, they're more likely to react with anger/rage.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...akes_you_angry_anonymous_and_emotionally.html

I never said getting out of the car helps safety....
the person who gets out of their car in these situations is a problem....

IN reality, none of it is worth it....

You are smart not to get out of the car. Whether the person looks threatening or not, just stay in your car. The person bold enough to get out of their car has immediately escalated the situation and even if you get out as well, this is a further escalation even if you mean no harm and simply want to reason with them.
^sbm

singularity Thanks for your clarification, as I may have misinterp'ed your prior post.
Now totally agreeing w ^ post:
IN reality, none of it is worth it (getting into shouting match, threatening to or actually coming to blows), JM2cts.

I pretty much smh and might say "effin idiot!" in my car but then I get on my way!

Yes! Horns are for alerting people to an unsafe situation. Almost hitting you definitely qualifies.

But people go on and on! Honking and yelling at someone who did something wrong and unsafe usually leaves the honking person distracted from their own driving because they're busy engaged with yelling and honking. I'm certain I'm not the only person to witness near accidents due to a road raging person yelling at someone else for almost causing an accident. It's almost ironic sometimes!

I guarantee every driver has made an error. Some bigger and more avoidable than others. Some worthy of serious consequences. None worth an immediate death sentence. None worth killing over.

Every single driver has erred.

I look at ppl who road rage at me like I don't even know what is going on. they shake their head, fist or finger and leave 100% of the time.

I never said getting out of the car helps safety. It is obviously an immediate escalation of the situation. The first example I used, I only got out of the car because they almost caused a major accident over nothing. Why pass me and risk a wreck(literally a matter of inches) when in a few seconds you're going to be sitting idle at the stop sign? It was ridiculous. Yeah I can look back and see I probably overreacted to the situation but they were a road hazard practically begging to cause a car wreck. Hopefully they learned a lesson....don't risk a wreck to get a few feet in front of someone at a stop sign.

The second example a definite overreaction. I was just annoyed that they continually honked while both of us are sitting at a long red light. Is it my fault its taking awhile to wait for the green light? Of course not. In this case, I hope they learned a lesson. Dont honk at people who are in the same situation as you....waiting for a red light to turn green. They also shouldn't be acting like idiots with children in the car.

I agree with you......the person who gets out of their car in these situations is a problem. They are willing to take it personally even if violence is the result. In the first case, no I wasn't going to explain traffic safety to them and they knew it. Its why they rolled up the window and wouldn't get out of the car when I asked them. They were on the verge of dealing with a physical confrontation that they weren't going to win.....although neither was I as I likely would've went to jail.

In the second incident, while I got out of the car for a few seconds, nothing was happening there once I saw those children so I got back in my car. Even if he had got out of the car I would've said forget it, your kids are here. Its not worth it.

IN reality, none of it is worth it. We're all just trying to get to where we want to go. Some just want to get to their destination faster. I just wish people would take a chill pill.

I'm a lot more mellow now(I'm 41) and I hope this doesn't come across like I'm road raging every day. I'm not. Just dealt with it a few times and I've also seen it happen to others as well.

my step son's wonderful mother (sarcasm) cut off a man in a big truck (first clue missed...) then the guy followed her and pulled up alongside her on the passenger side and revved his engine (second clue missed...) her solution was to flip him off, wave her phone and demand that my then 14 year old step son exit the vehicle to get his plate number. THANKFULLY the guy drove off, but what if he had pulled out a gun, what if the light turned green and my step son was hit by a car? the questions are endless....

Nah, brah, I've read WAY too many stories of someone who was shot during a road rage incident. I never get out of my car. My pride isn't worth a gunshot to the chest because someone can't control themselves behind the wheel. I will drive off and go about my day before being the one to escalate a situation. JMO!

There's a psychology behind driving. It affects people in ways you wouldn't think. The most passive people can become monsters behind the wheel. Being in a car makes us feel anonymous, so we're more aggressive (just like being on the internet). It takes the personal contact out of the situation, so if someone angers a driver, they're more likely to react with anger/rage.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...akes_you_angry_anonymous_and_emotionally.html

People are crazy. I do get a bit of road rage, but it stems more from my anxiety and me being basically terrified in a vehicle. When someone does something stupid, it really freaks me out. I tend to yell obscenities, but they can't really see/hear me, so it's just to make myself feel better. lol

But, two years ago when we were moving to where we are now, we had an incident that really scared me. It was around 11pm, and our battery had died just before we left our previous town. About 20 miles into our trip, our then 2 year old daughter was having a meltdown when we hit a stop light. Once it turned green, the person in front of us didn't move. After waiting a bit, worried our car might die and really just wanting to get my daughter to bed, I reached over and honked the horn. Not a long honk, not several honks, just a quick "beep" because I thought maybe they didn't realize the light had turned green. That happens to me on occasion, no big deal. They rolled out into the intersection and sat there for a few seconds, then starting moving. Because of that, we missed the light, but once we were able to go, that person was up ahead driving slowly, waiting on us. For the next 15 miles or so, they rode along side of us, and would occasionally get in front of us and hit their brakes. I am the type of person that would've pulled over and gotten out of the car (as stupid as that may be), but we had our daughter with us, so I was going to call the police instead. They eventually sped off, but seriously, why do all of that? I was really scared they were going to shoot into our car. It was dark and we have tinted windows, so they couldn't see our little girl in the car, either. I can't imagine what that person would do had we laid on the horn or drifted into their lane or something. They've probably killed someone by now for all I know. I no longer honk for any reason if my child is in the car with me.

I feel awful for this poor family. I hope they get this guy off the streets soon.

in the video they say "greg" in the story they say "gary"

i believe many outlets reported it wrong at first as "greg" and "gary" is actually correct.

Gary Holmes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back