GUILTY AR - Acen King, 3, killed in road rage shooting, Little Rock, 17 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

Suspect's girlfriend was in the car at the time of the shooting.

Suspect in road-rage killing of 3-year-old boy said car was too close: affidavit

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-arkansas-road-rage-killing-20161222-story.html

A little Rock man who fired his gun into a car, striking and killing a 3-year-old boy, did so because he thought the driver of that vehicle was following him too closely, police said in an affidavit released Friday following the suspect's arrest.

​She told investigators that Holmes said a Dodge Charger was following him too closely, so he pulled over and let the car go past.

Was the g'ma and kiddo in that Charger? Regardless...

What can drive a person to kill a 3 year old????????????????????? :mad: :puke:

It is my feeling that anyone who shoots towards people in a vehicle (or anywhere they happen to be) needs to be
charged with attempted murder or first degree murder. There is a decision to shoot and that person makes it deliberately.

To me, it is like putting a blindfold on while you are walking on a sidewalk and then shooting your gun.

What is the difference? The bullets go through the metal of a car and the person has no way of knowing whether they
have injured or potentially killed someone. There is always the chance that a person will be killed by a bullet.

Obviously I am not a judge, attorney nor am I a politician. I just firmly believe that when a person intentionally fires his or her gun that they are aware that someone could be killed.

Road rage incidents are becoming deadlier.

Perhaps a new law enacting a more serious charge could put the thought out there for people to stop for a split second before firing.

Perhaps not.

Just my opinion.

It is my feeling that anyone who shoots towards people in a vehicle (or anywhere they happen to be) needs to be
charged with attempted murder or first degree murder. There is a decision to shoot and that person makes it deliberately.

To me, it is like putting a blindfold on while you are walking on a sidewalk and then shooting your gun.

What is the difference? The bullets go through the metal of a car and the person has no way of knowing whether they
have injured or potentially killed someone. There is always the chance that a person will be killed by a bullet.

Obviously I am not a judge, attorney nor am I a politician. I just firmly believe that when a person intentionally fires his or her gun that they are aware that someone could be killed.

Road rage incidents are becoming deadlier.

Perhaps a new law enacting a more serious charge could put the thought out there for people to stop for a split second before firing.

Perhaps not.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I feel if you point a gun at anyone (on purpose) and pull the trigger, it should be attempted murder.

I also think there should be way harsher penalties regarding revealing, brandishing, or threatening with a gun while driving/in a car.

My heart is so saddened at this. I find it so difficult to look at the little guy's photo. My heart breaks for his family.

Rest in Peace beautiful little Acen. I know your light will forever shine in the hearts of your loved ones.

I hope this is treated as a MURDER---not as accidental manslaughter/

I hope this is treated as a MURDER---not as accidental manslaughter/

He is charged with two counts of committing a terrorist act and one count of capital murder.

He is charged with two counts of committing a terrorist act and one count of capital murder.

GOOD. This was a horrendous, senseless killing of that precious child. I hope the killer never walks free again.

Suspect in fatal shooting of 3-year-old boy in Little Rock to undergo mental exam

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/feb/17/suspect-in-boy-s-slaying-to-undergo-men/

The murder trial of Gary Eugene Holmes has been delayed indefinitely so the 33-year-old Little Rock man can undergo a mental examination by state doctors, a process that can take three to six months, or longer.

Ron Davis, Holmes' attorney, requested the evaluation at Holmes' arraignment Thursday after prosecutors noted that the previous lawyer who represented Holmes almost two years ago had questioned Holmes' mental health.

In April 2015, state doctors determined that Holmes was not mentally ill, a diagnosis his lawyers accepted without challenge, court records show. He was found to be anti-social and a heavy marijuana user, according to the report by clinical psychologist Ed Stafford.

"Mr. Holmes, given his legal history beginning in adolescence, meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder, a pervasive and learned pattern of violating the rights of others in the rules of society," Stafford wrote in the eight-page report. "He also acknowledged his long-term dependence on cannabis."

Man pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to shooting 3-year-old to death in Little Rock

Grandmother Says She Blames Herself in Acen King Shooting Death

If he manages to get somewhere based on "antisocial personality disorder" then maybe he shouldn't be allowed to drive if road rage makes him kill people.

If he manages to get somewhere based on "antisocial personality disorder" then maybe he shouldn't be allowed to drive if road rage makes him kill people.
Take away the keys to his car and to his house, and lock him away in a mental hospital if he is that mentally unstable.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/may/09/kid-slaying-suspect-put-in-hospital-201/?f=crime

Gary Eugene Holmes, accused of killing a toddler last year, is being committed to the Arkansas State Hospital for observation by doctors who are trying to assess his mental health.

Doctors who were assigned to determine whether the 33-year-old is fit to stand trial asked that he be interned at the hospital indefinitely because getting him to cooperate with testing efforts has been like "pulling teeth," according to a letter to Pulaski County Circuit Judge Barry Sims.

The judge ordered Holmes transferred from jail to the State Hospital at a brief hearing Monday.

Michael Simon, the State Hospital's supervising psychologist for forensic services, reported in the letter to the judge that Holmes appeared very depressed when they met and sat with his head down, rarely making eye contact.

Holmes did not appear to be mentally ill or developmentally disabled, Simon wrote, stating that Holmes' responses appeared to be reflective of his personality.

"His answers were typically incorrect (e.g. he described his attorney's role as 'Send me to prison') or evasive (e.g. 'I don't want to talk about that.')," the April 24 letter states.

"It was my impression that he was simply being oppositional and passive-aggressive and that his performance, throughout the evaluation, could be better explained by personality factors rather than mental disease or defect. The evaluation was terminated after about two hours since it became apparent that he would not provide any additional useful information."

Simon requested that Holmes, who has been in jail for almost five months, be committed to the State Hospital after the psychologist reviewed medical records that show Holmes sought counseling in December 2014, complaining of anger issues, suicidal thoughts, paranoia and hearing voices that told him to do things.

In my opinion, criminal defense attorneys who use bogus insanity defenses as a way to endlessly delay trials and deny justice should be disbarred, charged with obstruction of justice, and be held liable for civil damages for violating the civil rights of victims, their families, and their communities.

The mental health system is already a shambles. Using it as a place for criminals to hide from prosecution is unconscionable.

mental hospitals for criminals is just like prison. I feel for the victims families but at least take heart that these inmates are not living the good life.

In my opinion, criminal defense attorneys who use bogus insanity defenses as a way to endlessly delay trials and deny justice should be disbarred, charged with obstruction of justice, and be held liable for civil damages for violating the civil rights of victims, their families, and their communities.

The mental health system is already a shambles. Using it as a place for criminals to hide from prosecution is unconscionable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back