GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it that way. I see it like the way I see it (hmmm that made sense...) you can NOT think about Anne now without thinking of this horrible crime. Her innocence was stolen in that regard. Anything else... I dont know. I think that is just speculation.

For what it is worth, I am religious and a Christian but am a virgin and am the same age as Anne. The whole case is just sad.

This is my first post at W/S, though I've been an avid reader here for some time. I now have an e-mail address that is compatible with W/S, so here goes:

When I started the registration process, I wanted to comment here on the possible connection of this vicious crime with the prisoners whom Anne's father's company transports by air from Kenya to other Third World countries. An earlier poster had explained that situation, and I thought (still think, actually, to some extent) that some of those prisoners may have contracted out the attack on Anne to their cronies in a murder-for-hire plot.

At this point, I believe there is -- as some have suggested -- more than meets the eye here. As someone recently noted, there's a lot of smoke in one of those rumors that suggests there may indeed be some fire there as well. And I don't mean the rumor about surgery (which BTW I think was put on the Web just as an absurd example of how far overboard some rumor-mongers will go....the same genre as the stories about aliens from space).

Well for now I guess what we have to go on now is about it...

Gag order issued.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1208/574864.html

I think honestly a lot of the rumors are due to several obvious things... Anne's popularity and appearance, the brutal nature of the crime, the lack of info released and perhaps some initial mis steps in what was publically said, and human nature.

When the official story changes a few times... stabbed not stabbed, raped not raped, getting better/died. That gets people thinking. Probably some of the confusion was due to privacy needs, confusion in reporting details, etc. But it made people think there was more than might meet the eye.

Anne's appearance would make people think. She was VERY attractive and very popular. So people will think of all kinds of salacious rumors or explanations for the attack, since very little real detail has surfaced.

Yes where there is smoke there can be fire... or vice versa. Ok most people figured out she was probably sexually assaulted. So that means a MAN was involved. Maybe DNA did link the killer to being black. Or someone just felt that would make the story sound "better" so it was a black man that did this. Well, then the one black man becomes two, then three, etc. So the story grows. As for her being cut, that could stem from initial reports that said she was stabbed. Or maybe that was influenced by the nut job McCain supporter who cut a "B" into her face right around the same time as Anne's attack was in the news. Then there are the Ann Coulter conspiracy theories. Anne Pressly's role in "W" wasn't even credited, and since the movie was just then going into release, not a lot of people (including Anne) hadn't even seen it. Too far out there... Pretty much everything exept Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster have cropped up in these rumors. Even the boxer can't have just one rumor. He has at least two... depending on what you read she was either pregnant with his love child or a cross dressing man that duped him and filled him with rage. Go figure.

Also, where do you find this stuff? all the weirdest, sickest, strangest rumors were from less than reputable sites like the Neo Nazis. So you can assume if the Nazis are reporting it, they will put their own spin on the story.

I'm not saying there isn't more here than meets the eye. there are certainly some open areas (like motive) to come out. But honestly there arent really a lot of holes... think about it...

Vance is assumed now to be a rapist based on the teacher attack. He was found loitering in other ladies yards, homes, etc. He has been in LR and at least some reports say he was going door to door in Annes neighborhood. Since people in her neighborhood also didn't seem to lock their doors... you can see where this is going. An assault and/or petty robbery seems to fit his MO quite easily.

I think people somehow do want (not that you wanted this horrible thing to happen) there to be some big surprise twist. Something to somehow make Annes death seem less tragic, more heroic, or whatever. Some key missing piece that makes everything at least click. But it sucks when it might be a pretty simple, unfortunately somewhat common type of crime.

If Anne's neighbor, a middle aged, married woman, for example, was bludgeoned in similar fashion, I doubt people would make up the colorful rumors they have with Anne. It would be a sad but somehow acceptable or more easily understood crime.

In my own assault, a lot of stuff was said about my sister and i that was just absolutely NOT true. So don't believe everything you see or hear. Even people that knew us said some strange stuff afterwards.

To excerpt Carla LaShelle:

I think people somehow do want (not that you wanted this horrible thing to happen) there to be some big surprise twist. Something to somehow make Annes death seem less tragic, more heroic, or whatever. Some key missing piece that makes everything at least click. But it sucks when it might be a pretty simple, unfortunately somewhat common type of crime.

If Anne's neighbor, a middle aged, married woman, for example, was bludgeoned in similar fashion, I doubt people would make up the colorful rumors they have with Anne. It would be a sad but somehow acceptable or more easily understood crime.

These are my thoughts exactly--and well put. People often think there must be something more to find out about a crime, really any crime. As a simple example, when my bike was stolen I was just sure it was someone I knew. Of course, it wasn't. Your point that Anne's looks, position, and persona strengthen the impulse to find some meaning in it all is well taken.

This is my first post at W/S, though I've been an avid reader here for some time. I now have an e-mail address that is compatible with W/S, so here goes:

When I started the registration process, I wanted to comment here on the possible connection of this vicious crime with the prisoners whom Anne's father's company transports by air from Kenya to other Third World countries. An earlier poster had explained that situation, and I thought (still think, actually, to some extent) that some of those prisoners may have contracted out the attack on Anne to their cronies in a murder-for-hire plot.

At this point, I believe there is -- as some have suggested -- more than meets the eye here. As someone recently noted, there's a lot of smoke in one of those rumors that suggests there may indeed be some fire there as well. And I don't mean the rumor about surgery (which BTW I think was put on the Web just as an absurd example of how far overboard some rumor-mongers will go....the same genre as the stories about aliens from space).

Hi Track:

I guess I didn't read about her father's company transporting prisoners from Kenya to other third world countries. Is that her birth father's or her step-father's company? That is interesting information. Was that posted on this website or some place else?

Carla~
I just wanted to say "way to go" w/ your above post. You wrote everything in such a well thought out manner. I agree w/ everything you wrote. Thanks for taking the time to write everything like you did.

Flossie

Carla wrote:

In my own assault, a lot of stuff was said about my sister and i that was just absolutely NOT true. So don't believe everything you see or hear. Even people that knew us said some strange stuff afterwards.

I don't know so much that it comes from looks, age, or appearance. I think it comes from fear. If for some reason people think he knew her, was paid, etc. then it lessens their fear. But if there was no reason other than he picked her house or saw her and followed her home then people are scared it could happen to them. I think the fear is worse when we hear about an attack in someone's home because we should be safe in our homes.

Carla wrote:
I don't know so much that it comes from looks, age, or appearance. I think it comes from fear. If for some reason people think he knew her, was paid, etc. then it lessens their fear. But if there was no reason other than he picked her house or saw her and followed her home then people are scared it could happen to them. I think the fear is worse when we hear about an attack in someone's home because we should be safe in our homes.

Fear and weird rumors are different. Perhaps fear helps fuel the rumors, but then some of the rumors I have read have come from as far away as Australia. People do fear things that could happen to them, certainly. But if you are afraid, you don't go out, lock the door, turn more lights on, etc. Not say that Anne Coulter killed Anne Pressly .

Yellow Dog, thanks for your reply....

I read about Anne's step-father's company on the first Anne Pressly thread. Links to the information were posted by "3angelsrmine" on November 13, page 24, #583. (I had bookmarked it because I thought it was so interesting.)

Prescott Support Company is located in Myrtle Beach, SC, and Mr. Cannady apparently goes by his middle name - Guy - as his first name is listed as George. The company has a Website.

I'll be interested in your thoughts after you read about it.

Yellow Dog, thanks for your reply....

I read about Anne's step-father's company on the first Anne Pressly thread. Links to the information were posted by "3angelsrmine" on November 13, page 24, #583. (I had bookmarked it because I thought it was so interesting.)

Prescott Support Company is located in Myrtle Beach, SC, and Mr. Cannady apparently goes by his middle name - Guy - as his first name is listed as George. The company has a Website.

I'll be interested in your thoughts after you read about it.

I googled this Prescott Support Company and all the hits I got were pretty much that it's a front company for the CIA doing rendition/torture flights.

UGH.

This would all make a really geat movie if it weren't so sad. I'm sure it's all non related, but you can't help but just think that it all makes it much more sensational for the imagination.

I brought the issue of Mr. Cannady's company up a few weeks ago because like most of you I was looking for a motive. I was looking for and researching any different angle I could because I couldn't make sense of the brutality of this crime.
I am fairly certain that Vance is just a low life who made Anne his target whether it be by chance or stalking. My heart and prayers continue to got out to Anne and her family. I have such strong admiration for Mrs. Cannady's strength, grace and dignity.

I don't think there is any link. Plus if there were some big conspiracy, plot, etc. who would hire that low life to carry it out?? Especially if he had been loitering around the neighborhood ahead of time anyway.

i agree to no link - but still find it interesting if the CIA thing is true. Of course i also watch an insane amount of crime TV.

For the first few weeks after this terrible crime I made the same mistake of thinking this was a stalker who had become obsessed with her on TV. Maybe someone she had met on an occasion or two and developed a delusion about her. I was almost ready to post an amateur profile but was tired and went to bed. Next day I went out of town for Turkey Day so never had time to post. I guess that saved me from looking a complete fool! The only things I was close on were age, gender and economic level. I thought it was personal rage behind this crime, especially with all the bones in her face broken. With nothing much missing I dismissed robbery.
I am now very reminded how a given set of KNOWN FACTS can still perfectly fit more than one scenario! It becomes obvious, this was a criminal wscalating in his violence towards women. A rape of another woman earlier this year, with an MO very, very like the crime against Ms. Presley. Known to loiter and probably window peek on women. This time the victim began to fight back, maybe bighting him or scratching him. He became enraged that she did not appear terrified and docile and grabbed some heavy object and beat her until he thought she was dead.
I do not believe any of the rumors. This guy fits too well when we look at the entire story. It is not unusual for future serial killers to attack but not kill their eariiest victims. When serial killers have a previous record two of the most common offenses are window peeking and burglary. These are exactly skills you need if you fantasize and eventually act out attacking an individual in their residence. The crimes show a mixture of organization and disorganization. This guy was evolving. If he had not killed Ms. Presley he eventually would have killed one of his victims.

For the first few weeks after this terrible crime I made the same mistake of thinking this was a stalker who had become obsessed with her on TV. Maybe someone she had met on an occasion or two and developed a delusion about her. I was almost ready to post an amateur profile but was tired and went to bed. Next day I went out of town for Turkey Day so never had time to post. I guess that saved me from looking a complete fool! The only things I was close on were age, gender and economic level. I thought it was personal rage behind this crime, especially with all the bones in her face broken. With nothing much missing I dismissed robbery.
I am now very reminded how a given set of KNOWN FACTS can still perfectly fit more than one scenario! It becomes obvious, this was a criminal wscalating in his violence towards women. A rape of another woman earlier this year, with an MO very, very like the crime against Ms. Presley. Known to loiter and probably window peek on women. This time the victim began to fight back, maybe bighting him or scratching him. He became enraged that she did not appear terrified and docile and grabbed some heavy object and beat her until he thought she was dead.
I do not believe any of the rumors. This guy fits too well when we look at the entire story. It is not unusual for future serial killers to attack but not kill their eariiest victims. When serial killers have a previous record two of the most common offenses are window peeking and burglary. These are exactly skills you need if you fantasize and eventually act out attacking an individual in their residence. The crimes show a mixture of organization and disorganization. This guy was evolving. If he had not killed Ms. Presley he eventually would have killed one of his victims.

I had almost an identical conversation with my husband a few days ago. I completely agree with you.

Vance spotted in Heights 3 days before Pressly attack

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Vance-spotted-in-Heights-3-days-before-Pressly/6PJ_zbplEESxYxnjw8A50g.cspx

A woman tells FOX16 News she is convinced she saw and talked to Curtis Vance in the Heights neighborhood just three days before police say he attacked Anne Pressly in her home.

"And I asked him if I could help him and he turned around and mentioned the gutters, if they needed to be cleaned and I told him she already had someone," the woman says.

He had definitely been casing the neighborhood before Anne's murder. Several people have seen him in that neighborhood [The Heights] now, days/weeks before the murder. He was actively planning his crime. This guy is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeffery