GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i agree this has been a really sad, tragic, creepy and weird case. i do expect some more twits and turns. but honestly the more that comes out about Vance the clearer it gets really. without Vance, people turned to all the weird rumors and really complicated theories. Honestly, the sad truth is Vance was just one nasty dude and really was up 2 a lot of no good on his own.

for what its worth. i watched To Kill a Mockingbird on TV the other nite. which seemed somehow ironic and still worthwhile today when dealing with race, crime and law.

oh i agree this has been a really sad, tragic, creepy and weird case. i do expect some more twits and turns. but honestly the more that comes out about Vance the clearer it gets really. without Vance, people turned to all the weird rumors and really complicated theories. Honestly, the sad truth is Vance was just one nasty dude and really was up 2 a lot of no good on his own.

for what its worth. i watched To Kill a Mockingbird on TV the other nite. which seemed somehow ironic and still worthwhile today when dealing with race, crime and law.

I don't understand your reference to "To Kill a Mockingbird" here (my favorite movie of ALL time!) Are you inferring that Vance is not Anne's killer?

I don't understand your reference to "To Kill a Mockingbird" here (my favorite movie of ALL time!) Are you inferring that Vance is not Anne's killer?

no not at all. but about race/racism in america. nothing in direct comparison to the case per se. i expect an honest trial. but at one time maybe things werent so good...
for me it was just a good time to see the movie

if you have read any of my previous posts you will know i think this monster is 100 percent guilty.

no not at all. but about race/racism in america. nothing in direct comparison to the case per se. i expect an honest trial. but at one time maybe things werent so good...
for me it was just a good time to see the movie

if you have read any of my previous posts you will know i think this monster is 100 percent guilty.

Thank you. I've read all of your previous posts - that's why this one threw me off! Just wanted to be sure I knew where you were coming from. I know our justice system isn't perfect, but I feel confident that they have the right guy in this case. As far as the rumors go, I'm really not sure it's particularly relevant here. They have DNA evidence and this poor woman was brutally and violently murdered. She didn't deserve that - regardless of any extenuating circumstances. IMO

I am so out of the loop because I've never heard of him..

...gee.....I come here once in a while and the first rumor about AP hinted that she might have been a lesbian...

and then I read that she was definately a virgin....

and now, pregnant with a "famous" boxer.....

oh well....

she's in heaven now, so it doesn't matter, but I ache for her poor parents to have to live with all the rumors and innuendo......

God bless them....

"To Kill a Mockingbird" ....I watched that too....one of the greatest movies ever made....isn't it intriguing how we've watched these movies dozens of times, have the dvds, and yet we still will stop and watch it on tv again and again and again....like Shawshank, Godfather, Jaws, etc.....there are some movies that you just have to stop and watch on the tv instead of pulling out the dvd....my theory is that when we watch a tv broadcast, its like watching it with millions of others.....its a community all seeing and hearing the same thing, and that is comforting these days

but TKaMB has little semblance to todays society....IMO of course, but the pendulum of justice has swung way, way, way too far towards the criminal, and away from common sense, and the victims...

I keep trying to find the latest "facts" on this case, and this was the latest news on Vance that I found...
It's a sad case. It's hard to imagine that anyone could not value human life... Everyone says she was the sweetest person... My sister lives in Little Rock.

Associated Press - December 8, 2008 11:04 AM ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A Little Rock District Court judge says he will review and revise an order he made limiting disclosure of public records involving the suspect in the slaying of a local television anchorwoman.

Judge Lee Munson told lawyers Monday he would review his order sealing jail records involving 28-year-old Curtis Lavelle Vance, the suspect in the slaying of KATV anchorwoman Anne Pressly. Munson says he will not "totally turn the order aside" but hinted that he would open some of the records involved in the case.

Jess Askew, a lawyer representing the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, urged the judge to allow the release of visitor logs, jail roster information and other records generated by the Pulaski County jail. Lawyers for Vance argued that releasing the jail visitor sheet could impede his defense in the capital murder charge he now faces.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Man did someone take my post the wrong way. I also have relationships with others on some level as does my grandmother and everyone else that I know. I was merely stating that this rumor is getting louder in the city that it occurred in. In my profession, I speak with a lot of people in a lot of different circles on a daily basis, including media and LE. With that much smoke, it could be that there is some fire somewhere. However, the volume on the rumor did not turn up until Vance was arrested. Maybe this is his story and defense in hopes that he is charged with solicitation rather than murder. It is my understanding that solicitation of murder has its own legal statute separate from the actual crime. It would also be tried in a federal court and the death penalty would not be an option.

For what its worth, I think there is more to the story too. I'm not saying I believe any certain rumor. Nor am I saying that I don't think Vance did this. I also know that crimes tend to esculate. But I don't recall hearing that he hit the "first" victim. Now Anne did fight back and he could have lost his temper and went overboard. It just seems to me if this was esculation of his crimes that he would have at least hit the first victim. It appears he went from rape to rape and beaten to death. I could be wrong in my thinking. But that is why it makes me think there is more to this case.

I just wish all victims could get respect. If she had been a prostitute, poor, etc., I am 99.9 percent sure Vance would still be roaming the streets... Anne deserves justice and so do all these other victims!!

ITA, doors should be locked and the cops should have been called. You have to take precautions!! The good 'ole days are over. There are a lot of "if onlys" in this case.

I agree.

For what its worth, I think there is more to the story too. I'm not saying I believe any certain rumor. Nor am I saying that I don't think Vance did this. I also know that crimes tend to esculate. But I don't recall hearing that he hit the "first" victim. Now Anne did fight back and he could have lost his temper and went overboard. It just seems to me if this was esculation of his crimes that he would have at least hit the first victim. It appears he went from rape to rape and beaten to death. I could be wrong in my thinking. But that is why it makes me think there is more to this case.

Not always the case.... From what I've seen so far, Vance was a blossoming serial rapist and killer and historically, these men always begin their trail of horror with initial robberies, burglaries and rape (without beatings).

The age of these guys when they become really "dark" is 25-28, Vance is 28....they choose victims they do not know and case the setting they are planning to commit their next crime.

Here is a profile of an "Anger-retaliatory" rapist that seems to fit Vance pretty well:
http://www.paralumun.com/issuesprofile.htm

Anger-retaliatory rapist: He feels animosity towards women and wants to punish and degrade them. Often he is a substance abuser. He is impulsive and has an explosive temper. He looks for an opportunity to commit the rape rather than for a specific victim. He attacks spontaneously and brutalizes the woman into submission. Thirty percent of rapists fall into the anger-retaliation category. He will grab you from behind and drag you into the bushes. He will often beat you to near-unconsciousness before committing the rape. Any level of resistance may well enrage him and cause him to beat the hell out of you until he gets what he wants. He's not looking to kill you, but the beating could be fatal. You do not want to challenge or enrage this type of rapist. You could try to escape. If you cannot get away or incapacitate the assailant, it's best to submit and try to limit the level of violence of the assault to the extent that you can.

Intruder rapists in particular essentially have a similar modus operandi in that they break and enter the dwelling house of a victim who is a stranger and commit their crimes after overcoming any resistance from the victim after a surprise attack.

- Almost invariably an intruder rapist has previous convictions for house burglary.

- At the time of his arrest for the rape series for which he was responsible he is unlikely to have a previous rape or sexual related conviction.

- The rapist’s victims are, in the vast majority of cases, strangers who have been identified as vulnerable by prowling activity.

- The individual will generally continue to offend until arrested or prevented from offending by some other means.

- In the majority of cases the first ever criminal conviction was for house burglary and the victims were strangers to the offender, identified by prowling activity.

Well, if JT "lawyers up", buckle your seatbelts!

Hi everyone, I have read this thread for a while, and I am a Little Rock native. I want to thank everyone in this thread for being so compassionate and understanding about this tragedy.

Kiki, I completely agree with you- there is absolutely no excuse for what that monster has done- no excuse.
I know a handful of people from Marianna, one who is now in Med School, who grew up absolutely dirt poor- they have all managed to lead healthy productive lives.

There was a lengthy article about Vance in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette today. His girlfriend "Sheanika", called the cops on him for "slamming her head into a wall" b/c they were fighting over her wanting to drive his car.:eek:

Also, when she was arrested for pawning stolen property, she pointed the finger at Vance saying "Yeah I pawned it but he's the one stealing it" ... there were more accounts of his criminal activity listed as well (more theft, burglary).

Between this stuff and his known criminal activity, I don't understand why Marianna police weren't more aggressive with him... and why didn't they suspect him of the April rape BEFORE Little Rock detectives put the idea in their heads???

I hope Vance's attorneys don't go for an insanity plea- hopefully that won't be acceptable.

Kittenmesh posted that it was reported in the Arkansas Gazette , that Vance slammed his girlfriends head into a wall,,,, So the guy is mean.....

Who knows what other crimes he has been involved in too. Just becuase he is just a supsect in these two doesn't mean there are not more assaults, deaths, etc.

And, again, it was said by LE they did not expect other arrests in the Anne Pressly killing, so I assume evidence is strong enough to implicate Vance by himself.

Who knows what other crimes he has been involved in too. Just becuase he is just a supsect in these two doesn't mean there are not more assaults, deaths, etc.

And, again, it was said by LE they did not expect other arrests in the Anne Pressly killing, so I assume evidence is strong enough to implicate Vance by himself.

ITA but I don't think his previous crimes have been as heinous as what he did to Anne..... (I could be wrong)

I would like to know where he got the TV and computer from.... the ones Sheanika pawned and then pointed the finger at him for stealing the stuff.

Also, he had temporary tags on his car that he bought recently- where did he get the money from to buy it? He was not employed. How many people's homes did he break into for that?

This guy hasn't had a job for years, who knows what he has been up to.

I think his crime career escalated. I think he also has several sides to it. Robbery and pawning stolen goods is one thing. Masturbating in public, stalking, rape, and rape/murder are a whole different ball game. And it seems to have been escalating.

Since he seemed to get around a bit, I would think LE would be examining him as a suspect in various crimes in a several hundred mile radius. who knows.

i had asked this question a few days back but do not think i saw an answer.

do any locals know whos house he was taken in to custody from in Little Rock. Does he have family in LR? Friends?

I read about the house/arrest back when it happened but I don't remember the specifics now. It was in a mainstream article off the web.

i had asked this question a few days back but do not think i saw an answer.

do any locals know whos house he was taken in to custody from in Little Rock. Does he have family in LR? Friends?

I don't know if they said whose house it was. I seem to recall he came out with another person, unarmed. I do know that the gf and children were not with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu