GUILTY AR - Casey Crowder, 17, Pine Bluff, 27 Aug 2006

If it turns out that she was murdered then someone must have been there almost immediately after she ran out of gas and called her mom to let her know she's going to the gas station. If that's the case I hope they check her gas tank to make sure that nobody tampered with it and knew she would run out. Are there really that many nuts out there that you can't even step out of your car for a minute before one spots you?
englishleigh said:
I really pray this was just an accident, but they aren't saying that. I don't know if she was found along the roadway or not, I just heard them say she was found closer to the car than to the gas station she was trying to reach, and I don't think the gas station was terribly far. I would think she must have been off the immediate roadway or they wuld have found her much sooner than this.

Janet said:
If it turns out that she was murdered then someone must have been there almost immediately after she ran out of gas and called her mom to let her know she's going to the gas station. If that's the case I hope they check her gas tank to make sure that nobody tampered with it and knew she would run out. Are there really that many nuts out there that you can't even step out of your car for a minute before one spots you?

I hate to even ask this, but the boyfriend has been cleared, correct?

Scandi, I agree it was likely foul play. I guess I am just sick of murders of beautiful young girls and women and want to think it could be something else!! I guess someone who was intoxicated and hit her might not report it or even realize they'd hit someone, but you're right, unfortunately...this will turn out to be a murder. :( :banghead: :banghead:

Janet, I did read the car was verified to be out of gas and that she was found closer to the car than the gas station.

That tells me she was well on her jaunt to the station when she was stopped from proceeding. They have been searching that area for what, a week?
Suddenly she is found, which means some searcher took a couple of different steps to the left or the right and something caught their eye.

It had to be good karma that she was found since they had been over all of that area. I heard just now her family is taking it very hard. So tough. They knew there would be the possibility, but to actually face it when given the news, well God love them. That is all I can say. So tough. I watched both Dru and Brooke's parents and felt their agony. It is true pain in the worst sense of the word.

Scandi

My thoughts exactly. Is the boyfriend cleared or was this a routine thing for her to be returning home at the same time Sunday mornings. Someone that lives near the boyfriend may have been watching her or someone could have followed her over a period of time to know where the car was parked at the boyfriends house and cut the gas line. You would think she would have checked to make sure she had enough gas. She had money or credit cards to go get gas after she ran out.
englishleigh said:
I hate to even ask this, but the boyfriend has been cleared, correct?

Scandi, I agree it was likely foul play. I guess I am just sick of murders of beautiful young girls and women and want to think it could be something else!! I guess someone who was intoxicated and hit her might not report it or even realize they'd hit someone, but you're right, unfortunately...this will turn out to be a murder. :( :banghead: :banghead:

If they verified that the car was out of gas - I hope they did more than just look at the gas tank gauge and checked the gas lines. If the gas station wasn't that far down the road you would think she would have gotten gas as she drove by it - unless she thought she had more gas than she did. How many more miles was she having to drive before she got to her house?

scandi said:
Janet, I did read the car was verified to be out of gas and that she was found closer to the car than the gas station.

That tells me she was well on her jaunt to the station when she was stopped from proceeding. They have been searching that area for what, a week?
Suddenly she is found, which means some searcher took a couple of different steps to the left or the right and something caught their eye.

It had to be good karma that she was found since they had been over all of that area. I heard just now her family is taking it very hard. So tough. They knew there would be the possibility, but to actually face it when given the news, well God love them. That is all I can say. So tough. I watched both Dru and Brooke's parents and felt their agony. It is true pain in the worst sense of the word.

Scandi

I just read the links to the news. They said that no personal belongings were found with the body. Where is her pocketbook or at least her license? Are they in the car? It looks like her drive home was about 50 miles and she was only about 10 miles into it. She should have know she couldn't make it home 40 more miles without gas.

Janet said:
I just read the links to the news. They said that no personal belongings were found with the body. Where is her pocketbook or at least her license? Are they in the car? It looks like her drive home was about 50 miles and she was only about 10 miles into it. She should have know she couldn't make it home 40 more miles without gas.

From one of the Fox News links above:

Crowder's car was found earlier this week along U.S. 65 south of Dumas, with her purse and cell phone gone but a softball bat and glove left behind.

It's a shame she didn't fill up with gas before starting her drive home. If she had, we might not be reading about her.

Or at least have taken that softball bat with her. So where's her purse and cell phone at??? Sounds like foul play.
SewingDeb said:
From one of the Fox News links above:

Crowder's car was found earlier this week along U.S. 65 south of Dumas, with her purse and cell phone gone but a softball bat and glove left behind.

It's a shame she didn't fill up with gas before starting her drive home. If she had, we might not be reading about her.

It's a shame she didn't fill up with gas before starting her drive home. If she had, we might not be reading about her.[/QUOTE]
Young driver. The only time I ever ran out of gas was when I first got my drivers license. After being stuck out on a lonely road once you learn to check your fuel gage before starting out on a long trip next time.

Maybe they will find her purse and cell phone thrown somewhere out there in the bushes or else the killer took them with him.

I wonder if Casey forgot to get gas the night before and thought she had enough to make it to the gas station on the highway. It could be that nothing was open around her boyfriends place that early in the morning. If she was only 10 miles into her drive I wonder why she didn't have her boyfriend bring her some gas or go get it for her at the gas station?

I hope that LE find some DNA evidence...shoe prints or something that they can connect to the killer. Has anything like this happened in that area before...anyone know?

If I ran out of gas on the highway or any road and it was dark out I don't think I would even roll down my window for a cop. Everything that I've seen about what to do if your car breaks down on the road says to lock all of your doors and keep your windows rolled up and wait for help to come. It has to be the right help though. If the person looks like a cop I would want to see some proof and hear the radio dispatcher talking ;)

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if Casey forgot to get gas the night before and thought she had enough to make it to the gas station on the highway. It could be that nothing was open around her boyfriends place that early in the morning. If she was only 10 miles into her drive I wonder why she didn't have her boyfriend bring her some gas or go get it for her at the gas station?

I thought I heard something earlier this week about her telling her mom on the phone that she was going to phone the boyfriend's brother who lived nearby and get him to bring her some gas or go with her to get the gas...the brother said he never heard from her.

I think it was breaking light from the dawn at that time of the morning.

She might have accidently ran out of gas, but I think the gas station was further up, but not too far away. I've had it happen before, many times!

The more I think about it this person that abducted her was driving along, as it is a remote area. He saw her and it sparked an urge and he went for it, and I doubt iuf she had any advantage at all, like Dru.

Now they'll do a profile, and I would love to hear a great ex-FBI profiler give their opinion as to what this guy, given the circumstances. would be like. Someone like Candice DeLong!

I think he is white, not very smart, zones in on the totally helpless women who are all alone, as he doesn't have the smarts to take someone in the middle of the city, and might live nearby, and was driving a route he often travels, either in his job or going to and from work.

Scandi

englishleigh said:
I thought I heard something earlier this week about her telling her mom on the phone that she was going to phone the boyfriend's brother who lived nearby and get him to bring her some gas or go with her to get the gas...the brother said he never heard from her.

That's right! We need to find out where he was when she called him and how long it would take him to get there.

That could be a distinct possibility, and I bet the coppers are working on that as we speak! YaYa

Scandi

scandi said:
That's right! We need to find out where he was when she called him and how long it would take him to get there.

That could be a distinct possibility, and I bet the coppers are working on that as we speak! YaYa

Scandi

I bet they are, too. Somehow I don't think this was a random thing, I don't know why.

englishleigh said:
My local newspaper, The Jonesboro Sun, had an article a couple of days ago about Casey. I looked for the article on the online version, but it wasn't there. In the paper version, it stated that Casey called her boyfriend's brother Sunday morning when she ran out of gas, but he didn't get the message until 1 a.m. Monday. He then called her mother to see if she had gotten gas.

This case brings to mind Amanda Tusing, 19, whose body was found in June 2000. She had left her boyfriend's house headed home to her parents about 11:30 p.m. When she didn't phone her boyfriend saying she had arrived, he called her parents and they all set out to find her. The boyfriend found her car about 10 miles from his house on the highway, but her body was not found until four days later. I think her body was found less than a mile from her car, face down in a ditch. This case has never been solved.

Where was that - Anywhere near this area ?
Saavy said:
This case brings to mind Amanda Tusing, 19, whose body was found in June 2000. She had left her boyfriend's house headed home to her parents about 11:30 p.m. When she didn't phone her boyfriend saying she had arrived, he called her parents and they all set out to find her. The boyfriend found her car about 10 miles from his house on the highway, but her body was not found until four days later. I think her body was found less than a mile from her car, face down in a ditch. This case has never been solved.

Janet said:
Where was that - Anywhere near this area ?
I believe she was found in/near to Dell, AR. Dell is about 3 hours from Pine Bluff. Alittle over 200 miles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back