GUILTY AR - Casey Crowder, 17, Pine Bluff, 27 Aug 2006

If someone lived in Hughs or Marianna it would only be between 75 - 100 miles to either areas. That doesn't sound too far for someone out there cruising for their next victim. Maybe a common friend to these woman or their boyfriends?

Saavy said:
I believe she was found in/near to Dell, AR. Dell is about 3 hours from Pine Bluff. Alittle over 200 miles.

Janet said:
My thoughts exactly. Is the boyfriend cleared or was this a routine thing for her to be returning home at the same time Sunday mornings. Someone that lives near the boyfriend may have been watching her or someone could have followed her over a period of time to know where the car was parked at the boyfriends house and cut the gas line. You would think she would have checked to make sure she had enough gas. She had money or credit cards to go get gas after she ran out.

From everything I've heard the boyfriend has been cleared, she'd already left his home and was alone when she ran out of gas, it's been reported that he was very active in the search and is taking things very hard. When she called her mother her mother offered to come get her and she told her not to because of needing to take her brothers to sunday school later.
I wish I knew why she didn't stop and get gas, she still had quite a distance.
Years ago when I worked evening shift I ran out of gas on my way home from work, about 11:30 at night on a dark and desolate highway. I did not know I was out of gas! The needle had gotten stuck and it still showed I had some in the tank! I had no cell phone and was about 20 miles from home. A man stopped and offered to take me to the town I lived in and I got in the car. Now I would not do that but my thinking at the time was that if he was going to do anything, just being out there alone in the dark and isolated as I was, he could do it right there. I was very lucky, he dropped me off at my doorstep.
A few years ago I had my car breakdown on the interstate during the day time, again no cell phone (I do have 1 now) a man pulled over and offered to give me a lift. I told him no, I'd stay there with the car but could he call my auto club for me. He was dressed like he was in some type of law enforcement! He told me he couldn't make any calls because he didn't have a phone, which I thought was very odd. He was also a bit to insistent that I just get in the car! My hinky meter was up! Right then a highway patrol car did pull over! Talk about good timing. This man drove off as soon as he saw the highway patrol coming.

OB

Vet4Bush said:
Young driver. The only time I ever ran out of gas was when I first got my drivers license. After being stuck out on a lonely road once you learn to check your fuel gage before starting out on a long trip next time.

I know some adult women who run out of gas all the time. It seems like they would learn after the first time.

This really does sounds like a case of foul play. Someone may have stopped to offer her a ride.

Boy, you were really lucky OldBroad. Did you tell the LE officer your hinky meter had gone off? That would be sooooo scary!

Scandi

Now that she has been found are they going to move this thread? I always have a hard time finding it for some reason!

Scandi

I also had an experience. My friend and I ran away when we were 15-16 years old and hitchhiked back and forth 1,000 miles each way. On the trip home we got a ride with a truck driver (18 wheeler). My friend was in the middle and I was next to the door and our small suitcases were in the bed compartment behind the seats. We were driving and I noticed he was moving his hand around the front of his pants. I nugged my friend and asked "what's he doing"? Just then we realized he had his ding-a-ling out and was playing with himself. I immediately said "you can let us out right here" in a loud and aggressive voice. He pulled over and we grabbed our suitcases and started running before he even got around to our side of the truck. It was between 3 -4 AM, pitch black and not another car on the road. We were so afraid to get into another car/truck, but we wanted to get home. The next truck we got into was a very nice man telling us of how dangerous it is for us to be hitchhiking so we told him what had just happened to us. He drove us all the way back home to make sure we were safe - which was 200 more miles than he was going. That trip cured our hitchhicking habits. Til this day I think about what could have happed to us. Years later when my car broke down in the next city over I accepted another ride. As we drive down the dark marsh road I started thinking I shouldn't have done this. I kept my hand on the door handle and keep watching for anywhere he could pull into so I could jump out and start running. He drove me all the way to the next block from my house because I didn't want him to know where I lived. So that drive turned out fine, but I definitely would not accept a drive with anyone these days for sure.
Old Broad said:
From everything I've heard the boyfriend has been cleared, she'd already left his home and was alone when she ran out of gas, it's been reported that he was very active in the search and is taking things very hard. When she called her mother her mother offered to come get her and she told her not to because of needing to take her brothers to sunday school later.
I wish I knew why she didn't stop and get gas, she still had quite a distance.
Years ago when I worked evening shift I ran out of gas on my way home from work, about 11:30 at night on a dark and desolate highway. I did not know I was out of gas! The needle had gotten stuck and it still showed I had some in the tank! I had no cell phone and was about 20 miles from home. A man stopped and offered to take me to the town I lived in and I got in the car. Now I would not do that but my thinking at the time was that if he was going to do anything, just being out there alone in the dark and isolated as I was, he could do it right there. I was very lucky, he dropped me off at my doorstep.
A few years ago I had my car breakdown on the interstate during the day time, again no cell phone (I do have 1 now) a man pulled over and offered to give me a lift. I told him no, I'd stay there with the car but could he call my auto club for me. He was dressed like he was in some type of law enforcement! He told me he couldn't make any calls because he didn't have a phone, which I thought was very odd. He was also a bit to insistent that I just get in the car! My hinky meter was up! Right then a highway patrol car did pull over! Talk about good timing. This man drove off as soon as he saw the highway patrol coming.

OB

Reading your story Janet, I remembered something that happened to me about 9 years ago when I didn't have a car. On a major Portland street I hitched a ride because the guy stopped in front of the bus stop and asked if I wanted a ride. I thought about it for a minute asw I wasn't going far, but then did get in his car.

We had gone about one block shen I detected some movement from him out of the corner of my eye. He had his thingy out, being real busy at it and I screamed as loud as I could for him to stop and let me out! Luckily for me, he did. My scream really shook him up from his mood and he started to apologise as I jumped out of his car.

I had never hitched a ride before, and of course it was my last time. You just never kinow what to expect!

Scandi

Geez, she was 5'1" and weighed 105 pounds... she was no match for anyone who tried to do anything to her. How sad.

Maybe the bat she left in the car could have helped alittle. If not with her life then maybe leaving some bruises on him/her that would require some explaining.

HeartofTexas said:
Geez, she was 5'1" and weighed 105 pounds... she was no match for anyone who tried to do anything to her. How sad.

They are going to talk about this case now (EST) on Fox News "The Line up"

This article seems to have the most information

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2006/09/04/news/news2.txt

.......The female body was clothed, Snyder told The Commercial, but declined comment when asked if the body showed evidence of trauma.

The body was found in woods east of Dumas off a farm road near a field, police sources said. Both the FBI and Arkansas State Police personnel conducted the crime scene search, Synder acknowledged.

The girl had phoned her mother at 5:47 a.m., after leaving her boyfriend’s home at Pickens to tell her that she was on her way home, then called back at 6:08 a.m. to report that she had run out of gas and would call a friend to help her.....

This is a very sad case and strikes close to home. This is probably nuts, but I wonder if someone ran her over or hit her with their car while she was walking, then carried her body into the woods. Surely there would be evidence of this, though. I wish they'd release some more details. This kind of stuff scares me because my oldest will be driving next month.

I thought the same thing. I wonder what kind of trucks use that road in the early morning hours?

on the record-GRETA- just mentioned they are looking for a specific truck..............

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back