AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been posted. I didn't watch Dr. Drew last night, but it seems he discussed the Duggar case on HLN.

What counseling did Josh Duggar undergo?

•Josh Duggar on alleged molestation: 'I acted inexcusably'
•TLC pulled all episodes of '19 Kids and Counting' from the air

New details are surfacing about Josh Duggar, the oldest son on TLC's "19 Kids and Counting." He is accused of molesting five underage girls when he was 14. His parents, Jim Bob and Michelle, reportedly knew about the accusations, but didn't report them to police for over a year.

The Duggars followed a Christian homeschooling program called Advanced Training Institute (ATI). Dr. Drew and his panelists discuss the the program and the alleged counseling Josh Duggar received as a teen.

Video at link

By Dr. Drew staff

updated8:15 AM EDT, Thu May 28, 2015

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/05/27/19-kids-counting-josh-duggar-molestion-counseling

Have you heard of the Duggar code word for a woman dressed inappropriately (as in dressed like a normal female, in a short skirt, shorts or a t-shirt or two piece bathing suit)? The code word is "Nike". If a Duggar saw a woman dressed unlike they were dressed, they would whisper "Nike" and look away. (Heard on Dr Drew this morning).

Have you heard of the Duggar code word for a woman dressed inappropriately (as in dressed like a normal female, in a short skirt, shorts or a t-shirt or two piece bathing suit)? The code word is "Nike". If a Duggar saw a woman dressed unlike they were dressed, they would whisper "Nike" and look away. (Heard on Dr Drew this morning).

I read that, but couldn't figure out why the word, Nike. I'm sure they have a reasonable answer to that :facepalm: Wonder how many pregnancy tests have been in Michelle's bathroom through the years?

I'd actually heard that they would shout, or call it, to their brothers. It was apparently one of the girls' job -- to keep their brothers on the straight and narrow, where scantily clad (ie normally dressed) women were concerned. It told the boys to immediately drop their eyes to their shoes, and not look at the woman, in case they would suffer from sensual thoughts. Interestingly, there is no "code word" for boys to use to alert their sisters to an inappropriately dressed male coming their way.

I'd actually heard that they would shout, or call it, to their brothers. It was apparently one of the girls' job -- to keep their brothers on the straight and narrow, where scantily clad (ie normally dressed) women were concerned. It told the boys to immediately drop their eyes to their shoes, and not look at the woman, in case they would suffer from sensual thoughts. Interestingly, there is no "code word" for boys to use to alert their sisters to an inappropriately dressed male coming their way.

How creepy is that? Would love to know how many of them dropped their eyes to their shoes so not to see scantily clad women? I just read this open letter to the Duggar kids, and really thought it was very well done. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-...ren-_b_7432386.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I think usually something like this: "I did something bad and attempted to hide it but I got caught and now I'm trying to save face. Guys, this is where you are all supposed to praise me for my bravery and honesty as I admitted everything that I had no choice but to admit. I take full responsibility for what I did. Now here are all the reasons why it's not so bad and why it wasn't my fault and why you shouldn't be mad at me for doing something horrible."

https://defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/how-josh-duggar-is-getting-away-with-it/
From a blog:

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/26/jos...ke_hes_going_to_get_away_with_sexual_assault/

I think we have all noticed news stories that state an adult was having a "sexual relationship" with a child. It's not a sexual relationship! It's rape! I have a sexual relationship with my boyfriend. We love and respect each other very much. There's a big difference.

ETA: Sorry Donjenta! I don't know what happened I was trying to quote the part of your post that talked about society calling rape "non consensual sex."

I'll suggest "Speedo!" :scared:

Seriously, how sad it is that the girls are trained to believe a normally dressed female is "defrauding" males by her choice of clothing. And that it's their responsibility to protect the boys from having "impure" thoughts. Worst of all it teaches them to judge and condemn other females rather than develop a healthy, empathetic bond with them.

Oh, I'm sure they all looked away ...........

ETA Guess I'm a Nike. I'm in cut off jeans and a tank top :) FTW ~

I think we have all noticed news stories that state an adult was having a "sexual relationship" with a child. It's not a sexual relationship! It's rape!

ETA: Sorry Donjenta! I don't know what happened I was trying to quote the part of your post that talked about society calling rape "non consensual sex."

Just the way the site works
if you quote posts with quotes in them it won't copy the quote, just the part that is not in quotes. You'll have to copy paste by hand if you want the quotes too.

That's charming. Real Christian of them. You know if you were a boy and heard it your first thought would be 'Where? Where?' .. How crazy is all this?

It's sickening ! The more you uncover , the sicker it is. Women are responsible for the impure thoughts of men! Reminds me of another religion, that shall remain anoymous, where the site of skin can get a woman killed and in that religion if a ' rape ' does happen, the woman is sentenced to jail or killed so how many women don't say anything if they are raped? And what about the man who does the raping? He could not help himself because she showed her ankle. So this is a mindset which basically teaches men to rape if they get any physical impulse .

HAHA!! Sweet rule for the boys having their sisters alert them of scantily clad females in the vicinity!!

I read that, but couldn't figure out why the word, Nike.

I'm going to guess that 'Nike' refers to the relatively revealing nature of athletic clothing. Doubt that the girls were involved in many organized sports (or that it was ever encouraged). I'm a strong believer in team athletics being a positive influence on girls and women (and a huge fan of Title 9).

I think that this practice is totally loathsome, and my guess is that it was Michelle Duggar's brainchild. I used to see her as only a victim of her husband's peculiar religious/patriarchal belief system, but she took a lot of initiative herself in forwarding awful ideas and behaviors, not to mention abusive child-rearing techniques. I now see them as more-or-less equal partners in repression.

I read that, but couldn't figure out why the word, Nike. I'm sure they have a reasonable answer to that :facepalm: Wonder how many pregnancy tests have been in Michelle's bathroom through the years?

Nike = shoes!

It's sickening ! The more you uncover , the sicker it is. Women are responsible for the impure thoughts of men! Reminds me of another religion, that shall remain anoymous, where the site of skin can get a woman killed and in that religion if a ' rape ' does happen, the woman is sentenced to jail or killed so how many women don't say anything if they are raped? And what about the man who does the raping? He could not help himself because she showed her ankle. So this is a mindset which basically teaches men to rape if they get any physical impulse .

I find a lot of similarities between the two extremefundamentalist branches of the religions.

The more I hear and/or read about this super-sized family and their religious beliefs, the more I want to :puke: The Duggar's so-called Christian lifestyle leaves much to be desired, and I find myself almost unable to believe that people in this day and age actually think they are living holy lives :rolleyes:

Nike = shoes!

I find a lot of similarities between the two extremefundamentalist branches of the religions.

I'm a Jew and an atheist so I'm going to Hell twice ;) so I'll throw in the ultra-orthodox Jewish sects too:

The leaders of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect in North London have banned women from driving, in a move that has sparked outrage and comparisons to Saudi Arabia’s widely condemned ban on female drivers. A letter endorsed last week by rabbis of the Hasidic Belz sect in Stamford Hill said that women drivers defied “traditional rules of modesty” and that those who continue to drive would risk having their children barred from school, the Jewish Chronicle reported Thursday.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ultra-orthodox-jewish-sect-uk-bans-women-drivers-provoking-outrage-1942020

Seems the Misogynist Club(tm) membership is open to all males.

Nike = shoes!

BBM - Oh, I get it now! I'm trying to come up with a joke about product placement, but I've got nothing. :shame:

I'm a Jew and an atheist so I'm going to Hell twice ;) so I'll throw in the ultra-orthodox Jewish sects too:

The leaders of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect in North London have banned women from driving, in a move that has sparked outrage and comparisons to Saudi Arabia’s widely condemned ban on female drivers. A letter endorsed last week by rabbis of the Hasidic Belz sect in Stamford Hill said that women drivers defied “traditional rules of modesty” and that those who continue to drive would risk having their children barred from school, the Jewish Chronicle reported Thursday.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ultra-orthodox-jewish-sect-uk-bans-women-drivers-provoking-outrage-1942020

BBM - I'm a lapsed Catholic, so I'll keep a seat 'warm' for you if I get there first, lol! (If I start going back to church regularly, does that mean I've relapsed? :thinking: :D).

okay I 'm game! I'm a Jew whose daughter leans toward atheism, so how is a female driving being immodest??? By not having a veil over her face? Her legs are covered in the car

I'm going to guess that 'Nike' refers to the relatively revealing nature of athletic clothing. Doubt that the girls were involved in many organized sports (or that it was ever encouraged). I'm a strong believer in team athletics being a positive influence on girls and women (and a huge fan of Title 9).

I think that this practice is totally loathsome, and my guess is that it was Michelle Duggar's brainchild. I used to see her as only a victim of her husband's peculiar religious/patriarchal belief system, but she took a lot of initiative herself in forwarding awful ideas and behaviors, not to mention abusive child-rearing techniques. I now see them as more-or-less equal partners in repression.

I think Michelle has unresolved sexual issues stemming from her own childhood and untreated this has mutated into repressing her children's freedom and sexuality. ALA Stephen King's Carrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value