GUILTY AR - Michael Palmer, 28, & Hannah Dowdie, 23 mos, murdered, Sweet Home, 12 Dec 2009

H.R.'s listed occupation on m.s.:

Well, I am thoroughly confused! :confused:

Hannah's mother (K.D.) has a 34 year old b/f
she & he had a new baby named Lylla
he has pics of the new baby on his m.s.
she only has one pic of a baby on her m.s. & it is of Hannah (none of Lylla)

there was some confusion regarding that I think ...

ok I can't look anymore

these people are gross

check out H.R.'s pics

ewwwwwwwwwwww

See what I don't get is :

Assuming this is the mother and the boyfriend...

Boyfriend myspace:
His myspace is bare, barely set-up, single comment posted from a cell phone on the day the mother's daughter went missing (saturday the 12th) stating he's watching his own daughter and he's happy, he has a relationship status as being in one, but his myspace is bare and his heading say's he's a single father. His myspace also looks setup as if he's looking for someone to care for him.

The mother's myspace:
The mother rants about her boyfriend and baby Lylla. She has a picture of a baby that is captioned as the first baby of 2008. She doesn't have her boyfriend in her top friends (just think it's a little odd). The only friend comments she has about a baby is in January. She also has a comment that she wrote that says she was taking care of her baby in July of 2008. Which someone posted earlier that she lost custody in April. Kenny is listed as her second newest friend.

I'm not saying or thinking she has much to do with it. I just find all of this really odd and strange.

ok I can't look anymore

these people are gross

check out H.R.'s pics

ewwwwwwwwwwww

yah it gets weirder and weirder....
She left a comment in the pictures on the 15th of hoping to get to see them soon.

But she lives in Egypt with her husband, according to her Status and mood comment page. (Tip: If you don't know how to see this, it's a small button on the right hand side of the page that says "view more")

K.D speaks out. She states she saw Hannah the same day she was killed. The fire department arrived on the scene at 2:00 pm that day. She also provided a picture of Hannah that was taken a day before she was killed. K.D said this was especially hard for her because she just lost custody of amother child and is pregnant with a third. She says shes cooperating with investigators and has an idea who may be responsible. You can find this on fox16.com with the headline 1-year-old victim's mother speaks out. I really hope the investigators look at her really good.

K.D speaks out. She states she saw Hannah the same day she was killed. The fire department arrived on the scene at 2:00 pm that day. She also provided a picture of Hannah that was taken a day before she was killed. K.D said this was especially hard for her because she just lost custody of amother child and is pregnant with a third. She says shes cooperating with investigators and has an idea who may be responsible. You can find this on fox16.com with the headline 1-year-old victim's mother speaks out. I really hope the investigators look at her really good.
Here's the link: http://www.fox16.com/news/local/sto...mother-speaks-out/LBOZuoU2gEifpWy7dNtyKA.cspx

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12240287

Child alive in truck when set on fire

LITTLE ROCK, AR (AP) - Records show a nearly 2-year-old Hensley girl was alive and strapped in a car seat in her father's pickup truck when the truck was set on fire in December.

The records obtained Wednesday say the father had been shot to death and left in the bed of the truck. The bodies of Hannah Grace Dowdie and 28-year-old Michael Palmer were found Dec. 12 in Pulaski County.

Cousins Todd Gatrell and Daniel Gatrell are charged with capital murder and arson in the deaths.

Sheriff's records say the Gatrell's shot and killed Palmer at Todd Gatrell's home then put the girl in the car seat, took the truck and set it on fire.
:furious:

The attorney for Todd Gatrell did not respond to a message for comment. The attorney for Daniel Gatrell said he hasn't read the documents and could not comment.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/apr/01/truck-fire-took-toddlers-life-20100401/?latest

The affidavit said the cousins’ accounts are consistent in describing what happened to Palmer’s body. They dropped the body in the bed of Palmer’s truck and tossed a couple wooden pallets on top and a bleach-soaked rug near the tailgate to keep blood from spilling out, according to the affidavit.

The Gatrells differ again, however, about how Palmer’s daughter got into the truck’s cab, according to the affidavit.

Hannah was inside Robert Todd Gatrell’s house playing with his girlfriend’s daughter when her father died, according to the affidavit. One version of the story told to investigators has the Gatrells walking inside, with Todd looking at the child and back at his cousin.

“No,” Daniel Gatrell told his cousin, according to the affidavit.

“Daniel advised that Todd stated to him that she (Hannah) was evidence and they needed to get rid of her,” Blain (sheriff’s office Sgt. Mike Blain) wrote in the affidavit, attributing the statements again to Daniel’s uncle, Floyd.

Robert Todd Gatrell strapped her into a child’s seat in the truck’s cab, according to the affidavit.

In his own statement after his arrest, Robert Todd Gatrell did not say who put Hannah in the truck, only that he drove it the half-mile to Wilbern Road near Granite Mountain Quarries.

Floyd told investigators his nephew said it was only Robert Todd Gatrell who poured gasoline on Palmer’s body and inside the truck’s cab. Robert Todd Gatrell told investigators he and Daniel Gatrell poured the gasoline and lit it.

Palmer and his daughter were unrecognizable when firefighters put out the fire. The fire burned both Gatrells as well, according to the affidavit.

Investigators found nails in the truck’s bed that looked like they may have come from wooden pallets, according to the affidavit. An autopsy confirmed that Palmer died from shotgun wounds made with 12-gauge Remington shells, size No. 4. Hannah died from burns and smoke inhalation.

Poor Hannah! First her "mother" burns her with cigarettes and then these POSs burn her to death. I can't believe the evil in this world.

Rest in Peace, little Hannah...

case_t300.jpg

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12240287

Child alive in truck when set on fire

LITTLE ROCK, AR (AP) - Records show a nearly 2-year-old Hensley girl was alive and strapped in a car seat in her father's pickup truck when the truck was set on fire in December.

The records obtained Wednesday say the father had been shot to death and left in the bed of the truck. The bodies of Hannah Grace Dowdie and 28-year-old Michael Palmer were found Dec. 12 in Pulaski County.

Cousins Todd Gatrell and Daniel Gatrell are charged with capital murder and arson in the deaths.

Sheriff's records say the Gatrell's shot and killed Palmer at Todd Gatrell's home then put the girl in the car seat, took the truck and set it on fire.
:furious:

The attorney for Todd Gatrell did not respond to a message for comment. The attorney for Daniel Gatrell said he hasn't read the documents and could not comment.

OMG....I truly cannot comprehend such evil. That such people even exist makes me feel helpless.

I have no words.

Poor, poor baby. What kind of monsters could do this to an innocent baby? I can't take much more...maybe I need a break. :cry:

I have no words.

Poor, poor baby. What kind of monsters could do this to an innocent baby? I can't take much more...maybe I need a break. :cry:

I feel the same way. I'm appalled and horrified at the evil in some people's hearts. It's a mystery.

Court splits trials of cousins Lawyers of 2 ask for testing
By JOHN LYNCH ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE
Publication: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock)
Date: Friday, March 19 2010

http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-la...ions/criminal-offenses-crimes/14141048-1.html

Attorneys for the two cousins accused of killing a Hensley man and his 2-year-old daughter are exploring an insanity defense to charges of capital murder, kidnapping and arson, and in their first circuit court appearance, on Thursday, their attorneys asked for separate trials.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/jun/17/accused-killer-get-second-mental-evaluation/

This article was published June 17, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.

LITTLE ROCK — A trial date has been set but a ruling on mental status remains pending for a Pulaski County man accused with his cousin of burning a toddler to death and killing her father.

Robert Todd Gatrell, 20, who is accused of killing Hannah Dowdie-Palmer and 28-year-old Michael Palmer, appeared before Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza Thursday for an update on a mental evaluation conducted at the Arkansas State Hospital. Robert Gatrell and cousin Daniel Chase Gatrell, 17, are each facing charges of kidnapping, arson and capital murder.

Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Melanie Martin said the state's evaluation found Robert Gatrell competent to stand trial. But Piazza granted a motion by Robert Gatrell's attorney to have the defense arrange its own, separate mental examination.

The results are expected to be discussed at the next hearing in the case, scheduled for Sept. 7.

Mental evaluations for the cousins were granted as defense attorneys pursued possible insanity defenses.

Piazza on Thursday also set a 2-week jury trial to begin Jan. 3, 2011.

I wish that they would present some answers as to what the motive was. I can't imagine the kind of evil it takes to do that to a child. Out of all of the horrible things I have read being done to children, this has to be the worst. My mind just cannot accept that a human being could do this to a child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back