AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow .... Incredible of the reasearch that has gone into identifying EDJD ... Commend many on here and applaud their relentless efforts .....

Have not completed a lot of research as of yet .... However wanted to throw a thought in ... Is it possible EDJD family was in the military, guess trying to tie in the links with some of the mentioned i.e., Virginia Beach, Florida, California all have naval bases
If her parents were military may have been very strict hence the reason for disowning her. Just a thought ....
James has said much ... Some BS to make many chase their tails ..however there is some truth in every lie....

Looked through the names from the Bible, anyone else have hits in Dallas, N Carolina, Florida and Georgia. much easier to research the male names as that the females last name can change by marriage. Recall reading they were contacted and did not know whom EDJD was then I read they were contacted by mail and all letters were returned. If anyone with knowledge can clarify would greatly appreciate.

Did LE never come up of a potential for Tyrone or JD?

also she was dancing in 1987

Sloane please clear me on this know you have much knowledge on the case. From what I have read thought the earliest know trail on EDJD was 1990 was the information founded she was in a shelter in 1989 also how was she known to be dancing 1987.

Greatly appreciate any information you can provide trying to get my timeline in order

It makes me wonder if EDJD accidently said her real name to someone over time. Thinking in my mind how hard it would be to keep up with the continuious alias names. JMO I would use a name I could remember i.e....friend, relative, someone famous. The only actual noted confirmed proof of identity theft was Cheryl in which after thinking about it... EDJD could have bought the identification from a 3rd party since Cheryl did not know or recognize EDJD. I'm bewildered by the letter from LE to the FBI in regards to EDJD naming herself as Kelly Carr and wanted for bank robbery on the east coast. IMO if I had someone in custody that stated they were involved with a crime would hold them till all was clear seems a very bizarre tale to say to an LEO.
Have thought EDJD may have wanted to be out of the life style she was living could it have been an actual realtives name she was giving out.... A call out for help if I'm not mistaken this is around the same time she was with JD the pimp that she eventually got away from with James. Have a hard time understanding why EDJD stated the bank robbery story... IDK maybe I'm over thinking,

Looked through the names from the Bible, anyone else have hits in Dallas, N Carolina, Florida and Georgia. much easier to research the male names as that the females last name can change by marriage. Recall reading they were contacted and did not know whom EDJD was then I read they were contacted by mail and all letters were returned. If anyone with knowledge can clarify would greatly appreciate.

I believe that the latest knowledge on this is that the S family mentioned in the bible may be relatives of McAlphin and therefore not very open to helping LE out with the case.

OK, follow me here: I think we are going about this all wrong, McAlphin said in a jailhouse interview that he took her to CA to visit her mother and sister not too long before she died ( also in her journal it said Gail wanted to go back to CA) so maybe Ca is a better starting point than Flordia, I read somewhere they did hair analysis and it said she had spent quite sometime in CA prevously to the east coast, therefore she would not have been reported missing untill aftter 1991 (if reported at all) he also said he was not reveling her identity becaues that what she would have wanted, she would not have wanted her mother to know, so who knows if she were reported at all or how often she kept in touch with her family soooooo, it might be possible that she was not even reported missing untill after 95 or later hmmmmmmm!

Ok I'm confused I thought he said her mother and sister come to shreveport from Florida via bus and visted them not long before she was killed. The only CA connection That I have seen was her friend Gale going to see her grandma in Fresno.
All thou there is a Fresno, TX in which I do not believe that was where she was going.

Here is what I've seen thus far on the hair analysis, acutually only found one article. Has the detective on the case confirmed a test was completed ?

http://itchyfish.com/who-is-el-dorado-jane-doe-aka-kelly-lee-carr/
Testing on her hair showed Kelly had traveled around the country frequently in the last 3 years of her life and that she had spent time in California, but mostly stayed to the Eastern half of the United States and Texas in the last year of her life.

Ordered an ancestary dna kit today, wonder how likely of a possiblty it would be for EDJD Dna to be submitted for ancestral DNA matchup. Honestly for $99 I would pay for her kit

Ancestry DNA kit can work wonders. My brother and I took the test three years ago and we were linked as 1st cousins to people we never heard of. Turned out, the Dad I thought was my Dad was not....another man was. This man was the bio Dad to both my brother and I. I am a huge advocate of ancestry DNA testing. Always remember though, you might not like what you find out. I believe for the UID the Ancestry DNA testing can work amazingly well.

it could work wonders, but they can't use the dna they have. Ot has to come from a saliva sample.

It worked for Lori Ruff because they had a sample from her daughter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ancestry DNA kit can work wonders. My brother and I took the test three years ago and we were linked as 1st cousins to people we never heard of. Turned out, the Dad I thought was my Dad was not....another man was. This man was the bio Dad to both my brother and I. I am a huge advocate of ancestry DNA testing. Always remember though, you might not like what you find out. I believe for the UID the Ancestry DNA testing can work amazingly well.

Wow. .. What an incredible story I'm sure yall were very shocked to say the least. I'm not afraid, I want to know ... Have had many skeletons come out of my life history, have an older sibling given up for adoption searched for a few years with little info and no luck. Woukd like to know more about maternal mothers heritage in which I know is Irish have it on both sides. Ya never know may get a hit on the older sibking that would be exciting... Thank you for sharing your story its incredible ...:loveyou:

it could work wonders, but they can't use the dna they have. Ot has to come from a saliva sample.

It worked for Lori Ruff because they had a sample from her daughter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well snap...... Wonder if there is any means of being able to crossover the DNA testing ...?

Just starting to understand testing ... Mt & nuc thinking how it could work if you have remains that are not cremated ... I.e. In the case of LPJD

Well snap...... Wonder if there is any means of being able to crossover the DNA testing ...?

Just starting to understand testing ... Mt & nuc thinking how it could work if you have remains that are not cremated ... I.e. In the case of LPJD

From what little I have read the Ancestry DNA type sites have set it up so that you can only test living people. IMO, they don't want their databases used for crime solving. If someone could find a way to get UID DNA to compare to the Ancestry DNA databases they could solve a lot more cases that way.

I feel bad I haven't put much work into this case in a while. I did some family tree work looking for Gail's grandmother and never found anyone and it just sort of fizzled out.
I need to look into it again but no time today. Just popping in to say, you all are making some great observations.

From what little I have read the Ancestry DNA type sites have set it up so that you can only test living people. IMO, they don't want their databases used for crime solving. If someone could find a way to get UID DNA to compare to the Ancestry DNA databases they could solve a lot more cases that way.

I feel bad I haven't put much work into this case in a while. I did some family tree work looking for Gail's grandmother and never found anyone and it just sort of fizzled out.
I need to look into it again but no time today. Just popping in to say, you all are making some great observations.

Thank You for the DNA info Gardner, just started reading up on the different types of testing. Do agree ancestry DNA would solve a lot of Jane/John Doe's cases give it time I'm sure it will be coming sooner or later. Recall you had mentioned researching Gail not sure if she would be of help

Reading through James letters ....

It could be true it could be false; he made mention of EDJD purchasing a Trailways Bus Ticket in June 1991. Was this ever followed up on ?

Found one article from the hearld sun archives interesting why no other information is out there.

http://www.heraldsun.com/newsbank_archives/

Still waiting for news of Helen Brother seeks help solving mystery of 1983 disappearance

Date: December 28, 2008
Publication: Herald-Sun, The (Durham, NC)
Page: c1

DURHAM -- Waiting. Twenty-five years of waiting.

That's what one family has endured since the disappearance of a Durham teenager in 1983.
Now, as the quarter-century mark comes and goes, a brother is asking for help. He hopes anyone who may know something about the mysterious disappearance of his 19-year-old sister as she headed to her grandmother's house that fateful day will step forward.

Found this documented in a legal tax matter

but that Helen Darlene Fuller has been missing for many years, and
her whereabouts and marital status are unknown.

There are two articles in the Herald Sun from 1995 about her. If you want to pay for the articles, they will probably include a picture of her. She apparently disappeared with a 68 year old man from Florida named Phil ``Skip'' Parselli.

Judging from the article and where the family lived at that time, I wonder if she attended Southern High School in East Durham.

I always feel sad when we cant see photos, because theyre really helpful at determining what we're looking for. I dont even see a description in the news article. Several sites have posted the article, including porchlight. I'm just guessing, but I think if there was a photo they would have posted it? She is also listed on the NC missing persons website, but again, no photo.

I would suggest that someone contact the FB group and see if anyone remembers her, but I think that is against the TOS? Just possible that old friends may have photos.

There is a photo of Helen's mother if you find her obituary - it's not out of the question that the mother could be related to EDJD but the similarities aren't overly striking. The family obviously very much believe that Helen is dead.

I can't find anything on a Parselli from Florida - one who maybe matches from NY.

There's really very little to go on with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklakemermaid