Are there other victims?

His fantasy was rape and bondage so I don't know about that. People who do that sort of thing tend to have a real short attention span when it comes to their victims. There has to be another reason for her being kept alive. The first rape was supposedly a month after she was kidnapped, which doesn't fit with his fantasy as far as we know. If he was acting out his fantasy, he would have done it immediately and probably got rid of her after a week or two. I think when they dig deep enough into this guy's mind it is probably going to come down to some kind twisted family thing. A lack of love in his childhood, an effort to synthesize his vision of an ideal family using innocence as his building material.

i believe they span the first charge from the day she was kidnapped to the next month, so it could have been anytime in that first month, right?. i have a hard time believing he waited at all before abusing her.

i believe they span the first charge from the day she was kidnapped to the next month, so it could have been anytime in that first month, right?. i have a hard time believing he waited at all before abusing her.

Yes, good call.

Jaycee may have been in a shed with no light, no way of telling day from night, or knowing the passage of time. She may have been drugged.

At that age, however, she may have had her period. She might have figured out the general time frame from that, and that alone. (???)

yeah, i mean with that type of trauma, i believe she could have disassociated herself as much as possible just to survive. those memories are there for sure, but i'm sure in a very jumbled manner.

His fantasy was rape and bondage so I don't know about that. People who do that sort of thing tend to have a real short attention span when it comes to their victims. There has to be another reason for her being kept alive. The first rape was supposedly a month after she was kidnapped, which doesn't fit with his fantasy as far as we know. If he was acting out his fantasy, he would have done it immediately and probably got rid of her after a week or two. I think when they dig deep enough into this guy's mind it is probably going to come down to some kind of twisted family thing. A lack of love in his childhood, an effort to synthesize his vision of an ideal family using innocence as his building material.

Yeah, but many serial sex crimes are very ritualized. The perp wants certain things out of it. Maybe he wants good pictures, or a sense of outsmarting LE, the perfect response from his victim, maybe he had perfect control or who knows what. In the fantasy when he thinks about it he gets that perfect combo, whatever it is. But in reality, our fantasys often don't live up to the reality. He doesn't see the victim as a person only an object. So if the fantasy isn't perfect in reality it isn't the perfect victim or it is the victim's fault. Maybe she screamed too much or too loud, or even not enough. Maybe this time it did, or maybe it was for some other reason.

No one ever escaped from Garrido without being rescued by the law. The 2 cases that LE knew about were busted by outside forces; not by the kindness of Garrido .

He never abused someone and then released them. Just an observation.

No one ever escaped from Garrido without being rescued by the law. The 2 cases that LE knew about were busted by outside forces; not by the kindness of Garrido .

He never abused someone and then released them. Just an observation.

Wasn't there a 14 year old girl in Antioch that called her parents from the hotel he had taken her to? I haven't seen a lot of detail, but I was under the impression that he let her use the phone and leave.

Wasn't there a 14 year old girl in Antioch that called her parents from the hotel he had taken her to? I haven't seen a lot of detail, but I was under the impression that he let her use the phone and leave.

I'm looking for the article on that one, but if I remember right, she escaped and called someone?? There may actually be a link to that on this forum, I'll post it if i can find it!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32669568#32669892

according to that, her parents found her.

I know this is not the type of "other victim" that has been discussed, but surely the elderly person next door, for whom Garridos was "caretaker" of the property after he left or died, was another victim of Garridos. Did I read somewhere that Garridos had been accused of "elder abuse?" If it was not of his mom, surely it was this guy. He bilked him out of some money, wasn't that it? And said it was given as a gift or something? Garridos obviously had designs on the house and property and the news that the locks had been changed to lock someone IN rather than out is pretty telling that Garridos was doing bad stuff there - and possibly to the owner/resident himself. Further, did the property go on to heirs and was the current next door neighbor just a renter or did he actually own it?

I think Jaycee was his queen...

the others were toyed with and murdered...if there were any male children they are dead. ..

this story is going to be unbeleivably sick.

the others were toyed with and murdered...if there were any male children they are dead. ..

I totally agree with you.

something Michaela Garecht's mother posted on her blog today makes me wonder if she has information that hasn't been released to the public yet, regarding a connection between Michaela and Garrido. It's the second most recent entry:
http://www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com/

it really sounds to me like something is up...

something Michaela Garecht's mother posted on her blog today makes me wonder if she has information that hasn't been released to the public yet, regarding a connection between Michaela and Garrido. It's the second most recent entry:
http://www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com/

it really sounds to me like something is up...
Actually, I think for her it's probably healthier if she comes to terms before something of Michaela's is found-that it's not the same situation as Jaycee's- Michaela is not at Walnut Ave, and most likely isn't alive anymore. Jaycee was the anomaly. Most kidnapping victims aren't kept alive and hidden for 18 years.

I don't know anything about using Blogspot. Is the background of Sharon Murch's blog a template that "comes with" using Blogspot? Is it one of several you could choose that are readymade, easy to use?

I ask this because Philip Garrido used quite a similar one, just some different tones of green, for one of his several blogs.

http://boastaboutthis.blogspot.com/

I don't know anything about using Blogspot. Is the background of Sharon Murch's blog a template that "comes with" using Blogspot? Is it one of several you could choose that are readymade, easy to use?

I ask this because Philip Garrido used quite a similar one, just some different tones of green, for one of his several blogs.

http://boastaboutthis.blogspot.com/
Yes, those are standard templates you can choose. I was playing around with one I was going to start for a friend with the identical background that Michaela's mom chose...

I woke up this morning with minazoe's comment in my head. I've been wondering how / what Garrido's alias PHILLIP C. KNIGHT (a name he used for Yahoo e-mail) fit into this. What did he do using this alias?

Thinking out loud here, putting minazoe's comment "Jaycee was his QUEEN" into the same thought with "KNIGHT." What the ??? Was he playing at something? Who were his "pawns?"

Four year old Amanda Campbell was kidnapped from Fairfield on December 27, 1991 and has never been found. This was 6 months after Jaycee's disappearance. She was also blonde, and riding her bicycle when she was taken.

Does know why she isn't being referred to in the current investigation?

Four year old Amanda Campbell was kidnapped from Fairfield on December 27, 1991 and has never been found. This was 6 months after Jaycee's disappearance. She was also blonde, and riding her bicycle when she was taken.

Does know why she isn't being referred to in the current investigation?

Cali - I agree with you...Every time I go to research this case Amanda pops up. I have no idea why she hasn't been mentioned in the media but I definitely think that she should be included in the timeline you've been workin on!

MOO

I would think by now LE has asked Jaycee if she remembers any other girls being brought to the home or staying at the home and what they looked like.

A neighbor once reported seeing 5 girls in the backyard.

I do think that Nancy is going to "talk" to at least minimize her sentence. If she is linked to any murders, then she'll talk to avoid the DP.

Cali - I agree with you...Every time I go to research this case Amanda pops up. I have no idea why she hasn't been mentioned in the media but I definitely think that she should be included in the timeline you've been workin on!

MOO

She's on the timeline. Pink. although i hate that there have to be any other people on there.....:banghead:

I doubt we will ever know exactly how many victims there are, although I have no doubt that when/if they are able to tie them to a murder, NG will start singing things out like a drunk frat guy at a karaoke bar.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back