Are there other victims?

Angel Who Cares posted this in media thread. I thought it was interesting.

“The homicide detective was here this morning,” said Minnie Norrell, whose15-year-old daughter daughter Lisa was murdered in November 1998, around the same time three prostitutes were also killed.

Norrell said Garrido lives next door to one of her relatives -- a home she regularly visits for family functions.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20604692/detail.html

That jumped out at me too. M. Norrell is on HLN this AM along with a neighbor who says he saw on more than one occasion men drinking and partying in the back yard. They were standing around a bonfire high fiving each other.

Is it alright to post this without a link?

After reading here for so many years you would think I would know!

isn't it sick how many neighbor statements are being made but nobody really did anything?

I think that LE is searching for clues and/or murder weapons for the following -

Lisa Norrell - body found Nov 1998
Jessica Frederick, 24, found December 5, 1998 (multiple cut and stab wounds)
Rachael Cruise, 32, found December 15 (asphyxia and strangulation)
Valerie Dawn Schultz, 27, found on January 8, (multiple stab wounds Evidence showed that she had also been strangled)

Is it significant that the youngest was born in 1998? Was her birth the stressor?

I just went and looked to see what I could find on the abduction of Michaela Garecht. She was taken in November of 1988 not 20 miles from the Garrido home.

It is possible that LE is looking for evidence that ties Garrido to this case. I'd say he is now a prime suspect. He was paroled on Aug. 1, 1988, over three months before her disappearance. He was technically on parole in Nevada, but federal parole took precedence and he immediately moved to California.

Police fear three more schoolgirls who lived just a few miles from Phillip Garrido's home may have been his victims, it was reported last night.
Michaela Garecht, nine, Ilene Misheloff, 13, and four-year-old Amanda Campbell were all snatched from the street in daylight and their bodies have never been found.

snip....
Garrido is under investigation for the murder of 15-year-old Lisa Norrell found strangled in November 1998 as she walked home from a party in Antioch.
Police also suspect that he may be linked to the disappearances of three more women, prostitutes who went missing in late 1998 and they are said to be reopening files on up to seven more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210130/Pervert-Garrido-snatched-THREE-victims.html

I have been in contact with Sharon Murch (Michaela Garecht's mother) since the first day that Jaycee's story broke in the news. She has both local LE and the FBI giving this their fullest attention. I have attended both the Placerville press conference and the arraignment and have used both as opportunities to point media and LE toward examining the possibility of Garrido being Michaela's kidnapper.

Attached is a side-by-side comparison of Garrido with the composite of Michaela's kidnapper. The third picture is a blend of Garrido's face and the composite's long hair.

3873936498_86bf27c75b.jpg

Garrido would have been older than the age estimate of the kidnapper, but notice the dark spot on the left side of nose near the eye on both Garrido and the composite. And the witnesses to Michaela's kidnapping mention that the perp had pock marks all over his face. Garrido has the same lousy complexion. The real question is did Garrido have long hair in 1988 (or perhaps wore a wig)? I think the comparison between Garrido and the composite is compelling.

I've seen a profile shot of Garrido and the dark spot is quite noticeable and something an eye witness would remember.

I think there is a very good chance it is him.:(

Did Jaycee beast take 3 more?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...do-feared-to-have-taken-three-more-girls.html

~snipped~
THE monster who kept Jaycee Lee Dugard as his sex slave for 18 years was last night feared to have kidnapped three more young girls.
All lived within a few miles of convicted rapist Phillip Garrido, 58, and vanished shortly after his release from jail.

The girls, who have never been found, are Michaela Garecht, nine, Ilene Misheloff, 13, and four-year-old Amanda Campbell. They were all snatched off the street in daylight - just like Jaycee.

I have been in contact with Sharon Murch (Michaela Garecht's mother) since the first day that Jaycee's story broke in the news. She has both local LE and the FBI giving this their fullest attention. I have attended both the Placerville press conference and the arraignment and have used both as opportunities to point media and LE toward examining the possibility of Garrido being Michaela's kidnapper.

Attached is a side-by-side comparison of Garrido with the composite of Michaela's kidnapper. The third picture is a blend of Garrido's face and the composite's long hair.

Garrido would have been older than the age estimate of the kidnapper, but notice the dark spot on the left side of nose near the eye on both Garrido and the composite. And the witnesses to Michaela's kidnapping mention that the perp had pock marks all over his face. Garrido has the same lousy complexion. The real question is did Garrido have long hair in 1988 (or perhaps wore a wig)? I think the comparison between Garrido and the composite is compelling.

I wondered myself if he put on a wig during the abduction. The pock marks, thin lips, and facial structure seem to me more than just a coincidence. Add that to the time-line you mentioned (he was paroled 3 months earlier), vicinity, and the similarity to the way how Jaycee Dugard was abducted and, well, those are just too many coincidences. Or really, really bad luck.

Did Jaycee beast take 3 more?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...do-feared-to-have-taken-three-more-girls.html

~snipped~
THE monster who kept Jaycee Lee Dugard as his sex slave for 18 years was last night feared to have kidnapped three more young girls.
All lived within a few miles of convicted rapist Phillip Garrido, 58, and vanished shortly after his release from jail.

The girls, who have never been found, are Michaela Garecht, nine, Ilene Misheloff, 13, and four-year-old Amanda Campbell. They were all snatched off the street in daylight - just like Jaycee.
I'm glad Ilene Misheloff's case is getting renewed attention, but the more likely suspects in her disappearance are James Daveggio and Michelle Michaud- currently on Death Row for another kidnapping, rape, and murder.

Interesting, thanks. I would not have thought they looked that similar, but side by side like that, the nose, chin, hairline, lips, all quite similar. Garrido has much more droopy-dog eyes, it definitely does not have the eyes, but I do think it's interesting. I would like to see a demonstration of this type of thing done some time. View a person briefly, and see what the steps are to get this kind of thing. Then see how different people "saw" the same person and compare the images.

Garrido has much more droopy-dog eyes, it definitely does not have the eyes, but I do think it's interesting.

You know, I thought the same thing. Your post made something pop into my head, though.

Say he was wearing a wig and secured it with tape or in some other unusual fashion. The weight of the wig could pull his facial skin back, kind of like a tight bun does.

Either way, the mark on the face, the pock-marked skin, the face shape, nose shape and thin mouth - this is likely the guy.

But WHERE IS THE GIRL??

This is compelling. I really hope you forwarded this to LE.

Anyone know how big Philip is?

I read somewhere he is very tall, 6'5". Also, SOMEWHERE, yesterday I saw a photo of him, sometime in the 80's I think, with a woman, not sure who. It was a studio type pic. He looked a lot different (to me) with longer, fuller hair. He did look like the suspect, but, the height is way off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back