Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

Why do these prisoners even have sheets? That is a no brainer!

I don't know if depriving prisoners of sheets would be a good idea. But why do they have a place to hang the sheet from? Thats what I don't get. Sounds like they need to redesign those cells.

I don't have empathy for him at all, but his family are victims too. Come on, guys.

It says in the above article that his family learnt about his death from media reports first. Regardless of who he was, that was wrong IMO

Yeah, thats pretty messed up.

Maybe the same people who couldn't figure out how to contact Michelle Knight's family to see if she was still missing, for ten years.:facepalm:

According to Mike Brooks he stated Castro could have used the sink to hang himself. Despite it being low to the ground. I guess MB has likely seen and heard it all. IMO suicide is quite common in Jail/Prison. We just tend to hear it with a high profile case.

Okay just so we are clear. I am not at all mourning the murdering kidnapper.

It is the human before they go bad that I have compassion for. The person before he turned into this.
I can not help but wonder how someone gets this way.
Today my thoughts are really more about the girls.

Okay just so we are clear. I am not at all mourning the murdering kidnapper.

It is the human before they go bad that I have compassion for. The person before he turned into this.
I can not help but wonder how someone gets this way.
Today my thoughts are really more about the girls.

I hear ya :seeya: I wish we knew the answers. There would be less Victims for sure.

Gina's relatives commented (long but good article on the whole situation)
Relatives of Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight said the girls are happy they can finally put the traumatic episode beside them but also experienced some confusion when they heard the news.

Castro, 53, was found at 9.20pm yesterday at Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio, just 33 days after he was handed down a 1,000 year prison term - a time his victims thought spelled the end of their nightmare.

Jackie Figaro Roman, an aunt of Gina DeJesus, told MailOnline that both girls were going through a ‘mixture of emotions’.

She said: ‘There’s so many mixed feelings about it. Gina is a little confused. We are trying to protect her because we have to remember, she was a 14-year-old girl (when she was kidnapped).

'But Gina and Michelle won’t have to think about him because he’s not around any more.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-dead-prison-hanging-cell.html#ixzz2dxOOSVzr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Leave AC's family alone. If you don't have something nice to say - then don't say it.

They are not the perp. They did not condone his behavior. It is on him. Leave everyone else out of it.

Salem

Hoping for continued healing for Michelle, Amanda, and Gina.
Not sure if Castro's departure from this world will bring any closure , but if so.....
There's nothing I want more for these three, Amanda's daughter, and their families -- than to be able to have a normal and happy life !!!!!

Prayers for all who have been hurt and tormented by this man ; including his own relatives.

I have so many thoughts about this. He held those girls captive and tortured them for over 10 years, but he couldn't handle less than 4 months in prison?

Michelle, Gina and Amanda are stronger than they will ever know.

Absolutely. What a coward.

IMO the best thing that could have happened, would have cost the taxpayers so much $$ to keep him confined in a better way than he kept his OWN prisoners.

I must say, I am glad that when his victims return to the workforce, none of their hard-earned tax dollars will go towards supporting that monster.

There was a physiatrist this morning on cnn said that because he spent 23 hours a day in a cell and had to live with what he had done is why he did this, I could not agree less. He had no problem living for ten years with what he was doing IMO he couldn't live with the next 30 years not the past 10 years and that's why he did it.

Each time it is reported, I have one thought: GOOD!!!

In court he tried to make it sound like it was not that bad. He said something about it could have been worse, he didn't kill them. That raised a concern in my mind that perhaps there are others that he did kill. We will never know.

First thought at the news: COWARD!
Then I thought, I'm glad I believe in the afterlife :)
May the beautiful girls LIVE in peace!!! Freedom~

I don't think it is cowardice to take ones own life, it is desperation. Was he afraid of the next 30 odd years yes, I'm sure but cowardice is not a word I would attribute to taking ones own life. IMO Anyone who has suffered through suicide does not think that their loved ones were cowards IMO Was this guy a dirtbag who should have received the death penalty yes, did he take the easy way out..yes, but suicide is not a cowards way out believe me.

What a lily livered coward--yet he does save the costs of housing for years and I am not the least bit sad that he is dead. But, I admit I did want revenge.

I totally agree with what you are saying. I think that he killed himself purely because he is a coward and was too scared to face the future in a locked cage.

I don't think it is cowardice to take ones own life, it is desperation. Was he afraid of the next 30 odd years yes, I'm sure but cowardice is not a word I would attribute to taking ones own life. IMO Anyone who has suffered through suicide does not think that their loved ones were cowards IMO Was this guy a dirtbag who should have received the death penalty yes, did he take the easy way out..yes, but suicide is not a cowards way out believe me.

Truly sorry about your loved ones. I don't think that all suicides are because the one who decides to end their life is a coward. Desperation can definitely be a reason someone takes their own life. But I also believe that someone can do something so horrendous that they are indeed too cowardly to spend the rest of their lives locked in a cage. They can also be so afraid of "prison justice" that they just can not face waiting to be killed by someone and constantly having to watch over their shoulders. :moo:

I said it earlier today when I first read the news:

His suicide angers me, not because I think it was an act of cowardice, but because I think it was his final act of "control". He would not allow his victims the satisfaction of seeing their positions reversed. He was defiant and nasty to them in court. This was not an act of remorse or depression. This was his last way to try and "win".

I hope it's psychologically better for them, in the long run, I really do. I suppose this will lessen potential ongoing media coverage. But he really needed to stay alive in captivity and experience it for himself, for years. IMO. I'm rarely about vengeance versus justice but this was a special case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back