***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he could be his brother,looks a lot like him,

I think he has a brother. Yesterday I posted a link to his MyLife account which lists his family members. I verified this as the correct perp as his pic is posted on the account.

In that case, his credit/debit purchases will be interesting.. Also, didn't someone say that he claimed his truck was stolen in Texas while at a dealership? Wonder if he reported it stolen.. If not, way to place yourself at the scene. Jeez.
One item that LE took when they arrested him was his cell phone. That could reveal an awful lot.

ITA with this as well. The same opinion I have regarding the death penalty. Too many cases in which there has been a wrongful convicted and innocent persons serve years on death row, Kerry Max Cook from Texas comes to mind. That was a hellish ordeal and one of the prosecutors ended up committing suicide if I remember correctly.

So I guess I need to clarify, only the violent predators in which it is proven beyond a doubt should be put away for life IMO. Can't just be a he said / she said in which the alleged victim can just make a claim without physical proof, etc. allowing an innocent person to be convicted.

Not only that, but the term 'sex offender' is attached for something as simple as a 20 year old dating a 17 year old and the mother of the 17 year old presses charges. Is that someone who also gets the key thrown away as well?

Can you watch a live stream news conference on an iPad? Anyone know?

if he has a brother who is also a RSO does anyone think that possibly they both are involved in the killing or potential other killings?

As I previously posted, many of our convicted criminals are mentally ill individuals, some have been diagnosed and some have not. We spend billions of dollars searching for cures for those with physical illnesses but lock up and throw away the key on many with mental illnesses.

Some diagnoses cannot be treated. Some Personality Disorders for example. This is not speculation. There are thousands of scholarly articles on the topic.

I have several family members with treatable "mental illness". (I dislike the term) I also have a brother who is a sociopath. He cannot be fixed. He's been in the system for almost 40 years.

There is a difference. We have data and clinical trials and retrospective analyses.

There is no blanket answer. Some bad people are forever, irreversibly bad.

There are likely many articles addressing this issue at the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists website. http://www.aacp.com

As I previously posted, many of our convicted criminals are mentally ill individuals, some have been diagnosed and some have not. We spend billions of dollars searching for cures for those with physical illnesses but lock up and throw away the key on many with mental illnesses.

This is true.
However, personal responsibility should come into play as well. Either those who are sick or families or friends of the mentally ill can have them committed or send them to therapy. People who know Lavergne say he was always a mess. Maybe if he had received help early on his life might have been different. A person who is contemplating harming someone can go for help. IMO, it's too easy to blame the system.

Um here I thought the Presser was in 5 min...lol...I'm on EST...LA is what a hour difference?

If anyone's in BR, NBC 33 news is going to carry the press conference live on tv according to their website.

peeps: Bessie has opened the presser thread.. please move over here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177910"]Mickey Shunick Live Stream Link for 7-6-12 PC - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(doors shutting here in a bit)

HO_mickey_shunick_pose_120524_wg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members