Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No jurisdiction in the US could "punish the guilty" with no real evidence...there is not enough evidence to get a guilty verdict

why do people assume that Aruba should employ "vigilante" tactics?

how about worrying about Jennifer Kesse, Trenton Duckett, Haleigh Cummings...all right in Florida

They don't have enough evidence because the Arubian officials were more worried about their tourism than investigating a missing tourist. There was a huge cover up for their good pal judge in training Paulus and his son Joran. We didn't expect vigilante justice but we did expect an investigation and NO cover up or hiding the truth.

Oh well...what comes around goes around. I don't feel bad for him or his family. They didn't feel crap for Beth Holloway. So......Karma is what it is. ;)

What goes around comes around but sometimes it happens in another lifetime and we don't witness it. I'm sure he will be getting his just due..(Paul then Urine)

Goz

I just heard about him dying the other day and wanted to come on here to see if there was any news. I thought they said the case was being re-opened (Natalie's) because he won't be there to stop it, or something. I'll have to do some research and then I'll post whatever I find.

I just heard a blip on TV (I was in another room) about a confession in the Natalee Holloway case-------- suspect Van der Sloot supposidly confessed to yet another reporter back in August of 2009.

I came here to see if I could find an update and this is the only thread I could find.
My station is KNBC , Los Angeles , Channel 4.
I just came from there and there is no update about this latest info.

ETA: The channel 4 KNBC site must've been updating while I was looking around over there.
Here's the latest:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35533792/ns/world_news-americas/

ETA Again: The info in above post is not what I heard on my Local channel 4 news.
What I heard was that the reporter got the confession last August.
I don't know how sites update and I've never been to the above link before this morning so I might be doing/seeing something
totally off base. It wouldn't be the first time. :)

I just heard a blip on TV (I was in another room) about a confession in the Natalee Holloway case-------- suspect Van der Sloot supposidly confessed to yet another reporter back in August of 2009.

I came here to see if I could find an update and this is the only thread I could find.
My station is KNBC , Los Angeles , Channel 4.
I just came from there and there is no update about this latest info.

ETA: The channel 4 KNBC site must've been updating while I was looking around over there.
Here's the latest:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35533792/ns/world_news-americas/

ETA Again: The info in above post is not what I heard on my Local channel 4 news.
What I heard was that the reporter got the confession last August.
I don't know how sites update and I've never been to the above link before this morning so I might be doing/seeing something
totally off base. It wouldn't be the first time. :)
I saw something too. It said a confessions was made on Monday. This is strange.

Does anyone have information on JVS missing shoe? I have followed the case only on TV but I remember hearing something about him having a missing shoe...was it retrieved or still missing? Thank you. Also are there any plans to search the property of JVS father since he refused when he was alive? I found it very strange he would deny access to his property if there was nothing there. Thanks again.

No jurisdiction in the US could "punish the guilty" with no real evidence...there is not enough evidence to get a guilty verdict

why do people assume that Aruba should employ "vigilante" tactics?

how about worrying about Jennifer Kesse, Trenton Duckett, Haleigh Cummings...all right in Florida

OK, let's see.
A girl disappears on an island, with no body ever found.
She was last seen leaving a bar, intoxicated, with three young men who are essentially strangers.
These three men have told a number of different stories about what happened while Natalee was with them, some of which are provably lies.
The #1 suspect has confessed TWICE to being present at the girl's death and disposing of her body.

Pretty good circumstantial case.

Does anyone have information on JVS missing shoe? I have followed the case only on TV but I remember hearing something about him having a missing shoe...was it retrieved or still missing? Thank you. Also are there any plans to search the property of JVS father since he refused when he was alive? I found it very strange he would deny access to his property if there was nothing there. Thanks again.

Hi LoveEndsWar, I just read on another site that Joran stated he ditched his shoes in a drain while walking, and it also said they don't have drains like he mentioned in Aruba! Who knows what's true. xox

OK, let's see.
A girl disappears on an island, with no body ever found.
She was last seen leaving a bar, intoxicated, with three young men who are essentially strangers.
These three men have told a number of different stories about what happened while Natalee was with them, some of which are provably lies.
The #1 suspect has confessed TWICE to being present at the girl's death and disposing of her body.

Pretty good circumstantial case.

No...not a good circumstantial case.

Disposing of a body is punishable by about a year in prison in Aruba ...and he was a juvenile at the time, already spent months in jail.

Plus anytime there is a crime a lot of people will "confess"....Joran's confessions actually are starting to work in his favor, none can be proven and more and more he looks like a fame seeking mentally disturbed (druggie) witha lot of problems (drugs)

He keeps changing his story....for PAID interviews

this would NOT result in case here in the usa IMHO

I can't find anything official about re-opening the case. I guess whoever told me this, got that opinion from a statement made by Natalie's father on Nancy Grace's show.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/02/12/ng.suspect.dad.dies.cnn?iref=allsearch

He made the comment that "maybe" because he is now dead and not influencing the police or judges, that maybe something else can be found out about the case.

Paul VSD was not able to "influence" them like many think..he was a mid level civil servant

I hardly think the entire island would protect a spoiled dutch kid, and risk the "wrath" of the "boycott"

there is a simple fact here...no evidence, no body....

I think Joran now is a druggie who just wants to sell his story any time he can

this last "interview" is done by a dutch "reality tv" star...and was done last August...no reliable station or network would touch it, it is another pack of lies...some dutch station did buy it in light of Paul's death

I have read where Joran gets maybe $10k or so for these "interviews"...Greta Van S paid him for his last bogus interview

I don't think it's NH or anyone else jmo
it's big enough so...why wouldn't she notice it right then and there with her own eyes when she was taking the pic...?

JMO

I suppose that when you are looking through goggles or at/through a camera lense things look different. I know that when I am video taping or taking pictures of my kids I often miss what is happening right in front of my face. That said, why is this the first we are hearing about this if the photo was taken in the Fall? And if it is her skeleton then shame on them for running the picture. Can you imagine what that must feel like to the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid