ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i was thinking too, underwater caves ect, she could be so close yet so far, Do these caves ever get explored by diving clubs or organisations?

To be truthful I don't know. I've never seen anyone back there diving and the only boats I have seen are fishing boats. I have heard there are underwater caves along those cliffs and that the currents there are very strong and they pretty much advise you not to go into the water in those small out of the way beach areas that are carved into the rocky cliffs. We just go into the water up to our ankles and that is it. lol You can sometimes find nice sea glass on the beach. If the water is really rough that day the sea spray coming up over the cliffs is beautiful. You can get some great pictures. jmo

This is just some ideas that have come into my mind, did GG have an accomplice?..He was last seen apparently beating RG near the dog cemetry, what if after the so called witnesses had gone, he handed her over to said accomplice in a semi conscious state and they threw her into the water?, would the currents on that part of the island take the body out to sea, a local would have more of an idea about that I would imagine.

GG said he never saw her coming out of the water, that part of his statement would then be true, and he may not have even seen her go in.If this was true and proven, the most he would be looking at would be a charge of assault. We know that some sad men get their kicks from hitting women don't we. And with his past record he must be a good planner, he is not stupid..

<modsnip>

Open thoughts, or expansion of these thoughts would be welcomed just trying to look at it from another angle..:fence:

Police searched the area not because witnesses reported that they saw Gardner abused there, as The National Enquirer is reporting this week, but because &#8220;it is an area that one could get rid of a body,&#8221; Stein said Friday.

The National Enquirer&#8217;s Oct. 10 story quoted an anonymous source who said that two witnesses told police they saw Gardner fighting with her travel companion, Gary Giordano of Gaithersburg, and then saw him bury her alive in a dog grave.

Other media have now republished the information, citing the Enquirer.

But Stein said police did not hear this from any witnesses.
That is ludicrous,&#8221; he said.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...m-that-witness-saw-frederick&template=gazette

Posted by niner: "red flags":

BBM:
Witnesses noticed a scratch only to be described as looking like a fingernail scratch on GG's neck/chin area. (LE – when asked if he had an argument with RG, GG responds he loved her and would not kill her.)

This statement that was made by GG has always bothered me. Was he asked a direct question by LE, along the lines of "did you kill her?".

Otherwise, it would be a very strange thing to say, and is very telling, imo.

Otherwise, it would be a very strange thing to say, and is very telling, imo.

like during the one interview after he returned from aruba where he explained he purchased the insurance b/c he was afraid he'd disappear while on aruba... why would a 50 yr old male be afraid of disappearing on "one happy island"???!!!

RED FLAG!!!

GG would not need an accomplice. He was quite capable of handling RG himself and if she were in a drugged state it would have been even easier for him to control her.

ITA. the violence/abuse he's perpetrated on several women demonstrates this beyond a doubt.

plus, if one wanted to commit a crime and get away with it, the less accomplices, witnesses, people told after the fact etc., the better.

like during the one interview after he returned from aruba where he explained he purchased the insurance b/c he was afraid he'd disappear while on aruba... why would a 50 yr old male be afraid of disappearing on "one happy island"???!!!

RED FLAG!!!

He's just not a good liar. jmo

ITA. the violence/abuse he's perpetrated on several women demonstrates this beyond a doubt.

plus, if one wanted to commit a crime and get away with it, the less accomplices, witnesses, people told after the fact etc., the better.

Exactly.

my memory fails me....

did GG ever take a polygraph -- either on aruba or once back in the US?

odd coincidence in both aruba cases-- sneakers

-- jvds says he took them off to walk with natalee along the beach but left them on the beach (this never made any sense to me...)

-- GG made those two comments about 1) how they weighed him down in the water and then 2) how they got wet while looking for robyn

i just find it interesting that they factor into both "stories"... kinda like the "best supporting actor" category at the oscars...

best supporting prop? lol

Some information on Caves...

My thought was this. What I knew as "BURSON'S CAVES", "THE COLONY CAVES", "THE NEW HOUSE CAVES", whatever the name, that is not important, what is important is they are unique and they are impressive. They are in Seroe Colorado and I think would make a wonderful tourist attraction.

http://www.lago-colony.com/TOURIST_INDUSTRY/CAVES_AS_A_TOURIST_ATTRACTION.htm

I have also wondered about the mines, as they supposedly searched at least one. Does anyone know anything about the mines, how many there are, how accessible, etc. ?

I have also wondered about the mines, as they supposedly searched at least one. Does anyone know anything about the mines, how many there are, how accessible, etc. ?

How many of the most inaccessible places have been searched, not just the accessible?..

I don't know how many mines there are, but my guess would be quite a few
They mined gold and phosphate there

How many of the most inaccessible places have been searched, not just the accessible?..

I was just thinking earlier, has Aruba just stopped searching for Robyn? They seem to have. If so, I guess I don't understand. In cases of missing persons that are similar to this in the U.S., LE just doesn't stop searching, they continue to search.

If this is the case, what a shame, and how very sad :(.

Perhaps this is just one more reason GG chose Aruba. JMO

I don't know how many mines there are, but my guess would be quite a few
They mined gold and phosphate there

Thank you, Dushi. I have searched, but not found anything so far in searches regarding the mines.

Am posting this, as I am trying to refresh my memory of some points in this case, and also I think there had been some discussion in the previous thread about Robyn's relationships with GG and with RF, thus this article from ABC news.

Robyn Gardner Investigators Search for Evidence Against Giordano

Jones said that her friend was aware that Giordano had a history of domestic abuse allegations, and that they had a "rollercoaster friendship."

Jones said that Gardner and Giordano had an on-again, off-again relationship for over a year in which they would go out for drinks and be friendly for awhile, and then not talk for a few months.

"Some months she wouldn't even see him and then other months he'd weasel his way back in there, and you know, she's going to go grab a drink," Jones said. "Sometimes Robyn was very focused on having a solid relationship with Richard when things were good, and then you wouldn't hear about Gary."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gard...-mount-evidence-gary/story?id=14289710&page=2

Most of you probably don't care about this, as it is about the history of Aruba, but I found it interesting so here is the link below.

Not only was Aruba known for their gold and phosphate mining, but, surprising to me, for their oil industry as well.

Most interesting to me, is that Aruba was known for, and is still known today, for its aloe production. I know, I know, :rolleyes: but I'm somewhat of an amateur horticulturist, so what can I say...

Lambchop, Duchi, have you ever seen these aloe fields in Aruba? I've never seen aloe fields, so just curious. TIA

Anyway, now that Aruba is sounding so interesting, I may have to plan a trip there, lol. The only problem being, that my husband will get po'd at me for wanting to spend most of the trip looking for Robyn.

http://www.historiadiaruba.aw/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member