ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And isn't that a standard statement made by all defense attorneys? LOL GG still remains a primary suspect in RG's disappearance. jmo

Yes, I believe it is
Bottom line, whether guilty or innocent, there is not enough evidence to move forward at this time

It doesn't matter much what our opinions on the matter of guilt or innocence are
The judge saw it as not enough evidence to hold GG further without charges
LE knew they did not have enough evidence to bring charges

Off hand, I can think of three people who went missing in Aruba under suspicious circumstances, Max DeVries, Natalee Holloway and Robyn Gardner. There were no charges in any of these cases. Were the perpetrators that good at getting away with murder or were the authorities that inept in making a case? Aruba is getting the reputation of being a no body, no case island. IMO

If, in fact, it was determined to be a forged signature they could only arrest him after he put in a claim and received the money. If he never officially puts in a claim there would be no arrest. The crime is collecting the money on a forged signature.

I think it is her signature, too. The fact that he put himself down as beneficiary and it is his handwriting it is a possibility he put that information in after she signed the form. He claimed it was a typed form and he could not change it but we can see from the form that the beneficiary information was handwritten and not typed. jmo

It has been reported that the signature is in fact Robyn's (as per the Rader on Line report.) So if the sig was not forged then he will be able to collect on it once RG has been declared dead? If beneficiary information was filled in after RG signed it, How would that be proven?

I would surely hope that Aruba investigators would have already verified the dates and times on all the videos. I'm curious as to why you think that if it isn't the same camera, the date would be wrong on one camera versus the other?

I'm sure they would have (assuming the possibility even occurred to them), but they are under no obligation to correct errors and mistruths reported by the tabloid media. That is not their job.

It has been reported that the signature is in fact Robyn's (as per the Rader on Line report.) So if the sig was not forged then he will be able to collect on it once RG has been declared dead? If beneficiary information was filled in after RG signed it, How would that be proven?

Insurance companies determine whether or not they will pay on a claim. As a primary suspect I doubt he'll ever collect. Then there is that other little matter of GG admitted they were drinking and RG had taken a sleeping pill earlier which would cancel out the policy because of the disclaimer. jmo

Noone gets 15 years for shoplifting.

Any theft over $500 is considered felony theft, not shoplifting. You could face time in prison plus fines. GG did not and my guess is he either returned the items or paid for them. jmo

Noone gets 15 years for shoplifting.

Well, repeat offenders usually get at least something. And GG had several counts; each @ 15 years max per count. So what's the average? Shouldn't he at least get that??? Or how about a year plus probation time.

But no, instead, this thief / criminal / con man was let off scott free. This psycho was then allowed to go forth and abuse, stalk, and exploit women at his leisure. Until more recently when he began to proposition several of them, one as young as 18, in an attempt to get them to accompany him on either a cruise or a trip to Aruba. At least some of which were under false pretenses, at least with the 18 year old, as he fraudulently claimed to be a "producer", a "manager" and a "photographer". All of which is proven untrue.

Question 1: I am curious as to your opinion as to why he would be trying to con these women. Please, help me out here.

Now we have this woman, Robyn Gardner, who GG took to Aruba who disappeared without a trace under, to say the least, very questionable circumstances .

Question 2: So, do you think this is all just a mere coincidence?

According to Maryland law the thefts had to be over $1,000 for him to face a sentence of 15 years. That is a lot of merchandise going out the door. And he did it three times that LE knows about. And he walked. He may be a terrible liar but he sure gets away with a lot of crimes. Amazing. jmo

I'm sure they would have (assuming the possibility even occurred to them), but they are under no obligation to correct errors and mistruths reported by the tabloid media. That is not their job.

That's ridiculous. It wasn't the tabloid media that reported the two days/same dress video/photos.

She wore the same dress two days in a row, by ALL accounts.

According to Maryland law the thefts had to be over $1,000 for him to face a sentence of 15 years. That is a lot of merchandise going out the door. And he did it three times that LE knows about. And he walked. He may be a terrible liar but he sure gets away with a lot of crimes. Amazing. jmo

Yeah, and I was worried about corruption in Aruba, what about in Maryland?

I mean, really, one has to wonder how this psycho con man is walking around a free man :waitasec:

If she was expecting to go snorkeling all along, then why did she put on all of that make-up, curl her hair, and take a sleeping pill in the middle of the day?

Why did they go snorkeling at a time of day that they would NOT have been able to see anything? That late in the day the sun is not penetrating deep into the water, like it is when it is overhead.

As for his gear, we never see him carrying it in the video. We see him carrying his cup of vodka, but no mask or fins.

As for being 'swept out to sea' by the currents, there were reportedly no currents that would have swept her out in that direction at the time. The rescuers know where her body should have been located IF she was where he said they were snorkeling.

And where was her snorkeling gear? No sign that she had any at all. They didn't rent gear at the dive shop.

Yeah, and I was worried about corruption in Aruba, what about in Maryland?

I mean, really, one has to wonder how this psycho con man is walking around a free man :waitasec:

I always thought his IT website was really a *advertiser censored* ring in disguise. He had a few websites and they were all copies of a legitimate company that didn't belong to him. You know how our politicians like their kinky. Maybe he has a list of names....like the Mayflower Madam - her list kept her, her clients, and her staff out of the pokey for a while.

And where was her snorkeling gear? No sign that she had any at all. They didn't rent gear at the dive shop.

You're right. No rental gear for either of them. And no snorkeling gear for Robyn because she never intended to snorkel, even GG admitted she had no fins but he did.

Huh, wonder why GG didn't use his fins? Because he preferred leather athletic shoes for snorkeling? :waitasec:

No body, no mask, no snorkel washed in to shore. Huh... I for one don't have to ask why.

Chain of custody. GG had the insurance forms because he had to fax and snail mail them. He then called the company to make sure all were good to go.

If she was expecting to go snorkeling all along, then why did she put on all of that make-up, curl her hair, and take a sleeping pill in the middle of the day?

Why did they go snorkeling at a time of day that they would NOT have been able to see anything? That late in the day the sun is not penetrating deep into the water, like it is when it is overhead.

As for his gear, we never see him carrying it in the video. We see him carrying his cup of vodka, but no mask or fins.

As for being 'swept out to sea' by the currents, there were reportedly no currents that would have swept her out in that direction at the time. The rescuers know where her body should have been located IF she was where he said they were snorkeling.

The snorkeling equipment didnt materialize out of thin air so of course he had it with him, and if he had it with him she would have known about it since she was living in the same room as him. Hard to hide that.

As for the currents, she is gone is she not? Obviously such currents exist.

There is a massive current called the Carribean current just offshore, that goes in one direction, allways. If you get caught in that you are going with it in a big hurry. It doesnt matter what the surface conditions are, it can be as smooth as a lake. Currents run beneath the surface, that is why they are so dangerous, you don't know that they are there unless you are a local. A current will NOT bring a body ashore, you need wind and wave action for that to happen and by all accounts there wasn't any of that.

I don't need to be a local to know, just by looking at the shape of the island, the nature of the southern coast line and the direction of the deep water current, that that particular part of the island would be very dangerous to go swimming outside of the protected water of coves.

I always thought his IT website was really a *advertiser censored* ring in disguise. He had a few websites and they were all copies of a legitimate company that didn't belong to him. You know how our politicians like their kinky. Maybe he has a list of names....like the Mayflower Madam - her list kept her, her clients, and her staff out of the pokey for a while.

Yeah, kind of like that recent Madame Gristina that had the brothel in New York that was recently arrested? And she was trying to start a "dating" site as well. Maybe like the one that Robyn met GG on? What was it, not Match.com, but some "Swingers" site, can't imagine why the actual name alludes me, lol.

Can't believe that the FBI isn't all over this guy, GG... probably into human trafficking in and out of S.A. or maybe illegal immigration aka Russian brides, etc... Hmmm ... :waitasec: The fact is, how does GG afford a 1.3 million dollar home on a 50k income? And he pays child support out of that? Nah, no way, a lot more going on some where.... jmo.

The snorkeling equipment didnt materialize out of thin air so of course he had it with him, and if he had it with him she would have known about it since she was living in the same room as him. Hard to hide that.

There is a massive current called the Carribean current just offshore, that goes in one direction, allways. If you get caught in that you are going with it in a big hurry. It doesnt matter what the surface conditions are, it can be as smooth as a lake. Currents run beneath the surface, that is why they are so dangerous, you don't know that they are there unless you are a local. A current will NOT bring a body ashore, you need wind and wave action for that to happen and by all accounts there wasn't any of that.

I don't need to be a local to know, just by looking at the shape of the island, the nature of the southern coast line and the direction of the deep water current, that that particular part of the island would be very dangerous to go swimming outside of the protected water of coves.

Why would he have to hide it? Why would she care if he was going to go out snorkeling? My DH goes out snorkeling and I sit on the beach with a mojito and a good book.

And that makes no sense, your saying, ' of course there are currents,she is gone...' who knows for sure that she was ever out in that water at all? You seem to be taking that as a fact.

I will agree that she is 'gone' ---but there are other possible explanations other than the dubious one that GG is trying to sell, imo.

And I find it very interesting that you dsay, that it is obvious to anyone that the area he chose is a very dangerous one. Gee...how interesting. Robyn was a total beginner, never snorkeled and rarely swam in the ocean. Why would he choose such a remote and dangerous spot for her to first learn to snorkel. Especially at the very end of the day when yopu cannot even see any thing under the surface anyway?

This is an excellent point that has been brought up before. So why would GG take Robyn into the water in this obviously dangerous area outside of this protected cove, such as you just described? Especially when she was groggy from having just taken a sleeping pill by GG's own account. Unless, of course, this was part of a plan he had to drown her; so are you admitting you believe this was part of a plan to drown Robyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500