ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been reported that the signature is in fact Robyn's (as per the Rader on Line report.) So if the sig was not forged then he will be able to collect on it once RG has been declared dead? If beneficiary information was filled in after RG signed it, How would that be proven?

I think the only way to prove that would be if someone else was there to witness Rg signing the documents otherwise, how would they know it was filled in and signed or signed and then filled in.

Unless Gary told them that. JMO

My Opinion, unless something is found of robyn he will collect. He may not have responded to the situation ( her disappearing) like all or most expected him to. He has a record that is not favorable to women and likes things at a five finger discount. But... if he has traveled frequently and always gets insurance on himself and travel companion once she is declared deceased whats to stop him. What's the point of having "accidental" insurance if your afraid to collect. jmo

Insurance companies make the final decision as to whether or not GG will collect. He has two strikes against him, being a major suspect and admitting RG was drinking and took sleeping pills. They do not have to pay on the claim and it is highly doubtful they will. Insurance companies have investigative divisions for fraud and they could hold his claim up while they investigate. Plus RG has never been officially declared dead by Aruban authorities.

The currents were described as calm when RG disappeared and not a guess on their part. LE expected to find her body because of the calmness of the water. A drowning in October at that location was found right away. A recent drowning where a man fell off the cliffs at the Natural Pool was found the next day in waters that have very, very strong currents. There is more circumstancial evidence that RG may have never gone into the water than evidence that she did. In fact there is no physical evidence that RG ever went into the water. We only have GG's word as to what happened which according to ALE were very inconsistent with what were known as facts.

I do not think ALE would have held GG for any length of time if they seriously thought RG's body had washed out to sea. He would have been free to go. And why was GG immediately concerned about paying the cost for helicopters and rescuers that he had a hired attorney with him by 7:00 the following day. Why would you worry about that cost if you expected them to find her body right away and in the place you last saw her??? Seems he was worried about a long and expensive search to me. Just another thing that sets off that "hinky meter". jmo

My Opinion, they held him because they could, they released him because they had to. No evidence that a crime was committed. All hearsay. His story has never changed.

I think they held him because they had serious doubts about his story
They let him go because at this time, they can not prove it
Regardless of the number of witnesses that LE has spoken to, there is not enough evidence to make a charge

As for the insurance, IMO he will never see a dime
The insurance company will do a thorough investigation
The comments of the waiter saying she looked woozy backed up by GG saying she took sleeping pills may be enough to make the policy void

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/aruba-suspect-prowl-again

Now The ENQUIRER has obtained damning photos of Gior*dano chatting up an attractive Robyn look-alike at Uncle Julio’s restaurant in Gaithersburg , Md., on Feb. 26.

I have a difficult time understanding women who would want to spend their time with this man
Even if you set this case aside, the man is a freak, IMO

And I don't see how anyone could not be aware of his dubious reputation after the last seven months

Ok if the purpose of the trip was to get money how do you get the money if you are the suspect. I am just having a hard time with the angle being to get rich quick. I would imagine that GG knew about RF even though RF didn't know RG was away with GG. I keep thinking about "this sucks" and wondering if it was her way of playing down having a good time with family. RF didn't know she was with GG in aruba, why say that? I can't think of a statement, sentence, phase I would see and respond with "this sucks" What was said for her to come back with that. It is just not adding up for me. I would imagine that all forensics have been performed and have come back empty handed. Aruba exhausted their holding power on him it would seem that if there were one more piece of evidence they would have arrested him. idk jmo

Ok if the purpose of the trip was to get money how do you get the money if you are the suspect. I am just having a hard time with the angle being to get rich quick. I would imagine that GG knew about RF even though RF didn't know RG was away with GG. I keep thinking about "this sucks" and wondering if it was her way of playing down having a good time with family. RF didn't know she was with GG in aruba, why say that? I can't think of a statement, sentence, phase I would see and respond with "this sucks" What was said for her to come back with that. It is just not adding up for me. I would imagine that all forensics have been performed and have come back empty handed. Aruba exhausted their holding power on him it would seem that if there were one more piece of evidence they would have arrested him. idk jmo

If he purchaesd the insurance as a means of getting a lot of money, one would think he would have done a little research on tides etc

Perhaps chosen a place that would not bring a body back so there would be no suspicion about location when she never was found , or a place that would bring a body and would have done so to verify his story

Problem is, he said she was in the water at this location, experts say, almost impossible for her not to come ashore

This is an excellent point that has been brought up before. So why would GG take Robyn into the water in this obviously dangerous area outside of this protected cove, such as you just described? Especially when she was groggy from having just taken a sleeping pill by GG's own account. Unless, of course, this was part of a plan he had to drown her; so are you admitting you believe this was part of a plan to drown Robyn?

If you listen to taco Stein and the other reports the water that day was abnormally/extremely calm. Something they don't see very often.

Anyway for a body to be taken out by the currents they would of had to swim miles offshore. It's been proven over and over again the body from a drowning victim washes ashore in Aruba. I don't think it matters which part of the island with the exception of the very Northern coast but even then the body's always seem to come back.IMO

I don't think GG ever expected there would have been that many witnesses who gave statements that they had seen GG and RG leave the area. Had the witnesses not come forward GG might have been able to get out of the country without being arrested. The fact that he called the insurance company to report her missing would necessitate AmEx getting a report from ALE. They normally require a certificate of death or some type of statement that she was presumed deceased from an official agency, they would never just take GG's word for it. The insurance company notifying LE that he was already trying to collect was enough doubt with what they already had to arrest him, IMO. GG has zero credibility. He has a criminal past, reported numerous times for abusive behavior towards his wife, girlfriends, neighbors and even his own child. Not exactly someone you would trust to tell the truth if he had done something wrong. There is no proof he planned it out and it could have been an argument that went terribly wrong and RG ended up the victim. We will never know unless GG tells the truth. The story he has now just does not add up. None, absolutely none of the pieces fit together and some of them should if it happened as he stated.

IMO GG has to stick to the "we never left the jetty area" because if he disclosed another location where RG went into the water LE could find some of RG's remains. He is sticking with his story because he knows she is not there and they will never find remains in that specific location. He is a con artist. You just can't accept anything he says as the truth and according to LE very little of the information they obtained from GG has proved to be the truth. jmo

I don't think GG ever expected there would have been that many witnesses who gave statements that they had seen GG and RG leave the area. Had the witnesses not come forward GG might have been able to get out of the country without being arrested. The fact that he called the insurance company to report her missing would necessitate AmEx getting a report from ALE. They normally require a certificate of death or some type of statement that she was presumed deceased from an official agency, they would never just take GG's word for it. The insurance company notifying LE that he was already trying to collect was enough doubt with what they already had to arrest him, IMO. GG has zero credibility. He has a criminal past, reported numerous times for abusive behavior towards his wife, girlfriends, neighbors and even his own child. Not exactly someone you would trust to tell the truth if he had done something wrong. There is no proof he planned it out and it could have been an argument that went terribly wrong and RG ended up the victim. We will never know unless GG tells the truth. The story he has now just does not add up. None, absolutely none of the pieces fit together and some of them should if it happened as he stated.

IMO GG has to stick to the "we never left the jetty area" because if he disclosed another location where RG went into the water LE could find some of RG's remains. He is sticking with his story because he knows she is not there and they will never find remains in that specific location. He is a con artist. You just can't accept anything he says as the truth and according to LE very little of the information they obtained from GG has proved to be the truth. jmo

So if that is the case, the insurance policy has nothing to do with it

If he had not planned her death the policy would have had nothing to do with her death, that is correct. According to the agent he seemed excited that he would be getting the money. If he had killed her during an argument you would think his focus would not have been on the money but on keeping attention off himself. She wasn't missing a full 12 hours and he was discussing calling the insurance company with an attorney. That sounds like suspicious behavior on his part. GG originally hired his Aruban attorney for a personal injury matter (RG), not a criminal matter, and how he should go about collecting the money from the insurance company. His attorney wanted him to sign an agreement representing him on a contingency for 1/3 of the insurance money. Personal injury attorneys charge 1/3 of whatever you get as an award/settlement. For all other legal matters attorneys charge an hourly rate. So it is clear GG hired his Aruban attorney to advise him about making a claim on the insurance, which GG admits and JB confirmed in their GMA interview. I think JB made a big slip by revealing that information because if the FBI chooses to make a case this is valuable information regarding the insurance.

And if the insurance had nothing to do with it why was the first thing he did was hire an attorney to inquire about insurance and that was before he even notified her family. No one has ever come forward to verify that anything GG said was true. No one. jmo

If he had not planned her death the policy would have had nothing to do with her death, that is correct. According to the agent he seemed excited that he would be getting the money. If he had killed her during an argument you would think his focus would not have been on the money but on keeping attention off himself. She wasn't missing a full 12 hours and he was discussing calling the insurance company with an attorney. That sounds like suspicious behavior on his part. GG originally hired his Aruban attorney for a personal injury matter (RG), not a criminal matter, and how he should go about collecting the money from the insurance company. His attorney wanted him to sign an agreement representing him on a contingency for 1/3 of the insurance money. Personal injury attorneys charge 1/3 of whatever you get as an award/settlement. For all other legal matters attorneys charge an hourly rate. So it is clear GG hired his Aruban attorney to advise him about making a claim on the insurance, which GG admits and JB confirmed in their GMA interview. I think JB made a big slip by revealing that information because if the FBI chooses to make a case this is valuable information regarding the insurance. jmo

Yes, I can see what you are saying

The purchase of the insurance policy was not done with murder in mind
It wasn't a motive

However, since he had bought it, he decided to put a claim in

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/aruba-suspect-prowl-again

Now The ENQUIRER has obtained damning photos of Gior*dano chatting up an attractive Robyn look-alike at Uncle Julio’s restaurant in Gaithersburg , Md., on Feb. 26.

“This guy’s a piece of work,” a source told The ENQUIRER. “I think it’s creepy that he’s going to places where Robyn went.”

It is creepy to me too. Why would he be doing this, like he's flaunting it, 'look at me, I'm here but Robyn's not, haha...' :mad:

“This guy’s a piece of work,” a source told The ENQUIRER. “I think it’s creepy that he’s going to places where Robyn went.”

It is creepy to me too. Why would he be doing this, like he's flaunting it, 'look at me, I'm here but Robyn's not, haha...' :mad:

I think it is very apparent that the man doesn't have a lot of sense and no morals to speak of

Thanks Dushi,

That was exactly what I was about to post. So what happens to "motive"?

You know, the one everyone was so sure was the Insurance pay out by forgery?

If he had not planned her death the policy would have had nothing to do with her death, that is correct. According to the agent he seemed excited that he would be getting the money. If he had killed her during an argument you would think his focus would not have been on the money but on keeping attention off himself. She wasn't missing a full 12 hours and he was discussing calling the insurance company with an attorney. That sounds like suspicious behavior on his part. GG originally hired his Aruban attorney for a personal injury matter (RG), not a criminal matter, and how he should go about collecting the money from the insurance company. His attorney wanted him to sign an agreement representing him on a contingency for 1/3 of the insurance money. Personal injury attorneys charge 1/3 of whatever you get as an award/settlement. For all other legal matters attorneys charge an hourly rate. So it is clear GG hired his Aruban attorney to advise him about making a claim on the insurance, which GG admits and JB confirmed in their GMA interview. I think JB made a big slip by revealing that information because if the FBI chooses to make a case this is valuable information regarding the insurance.

And if the insurance had nothing to do with it why was the first thing he did was hire an attorney to inquire about insurance and that was before he even notified her family. No one has ever come forward to verify that anything GG said was true. No one. jmo

I really can't answer that question
But as you said , there is no proof he planned it out with the insurance as motive

If you listen to taco Stein and the other reports the water that day was abnormally/extremely calm. Something they don't see very often.

Anyway for a body to be taken out by the currents they would of had to swim miles offshore. It's been proven over and over again the body from a drowning victim washes ashore in Aruba. I don't think it matters which part of the island with the exception of the very Northern coast but even then the body's always seem to come back.IMO

I read somewhere that beyond the reefs, the current can take a body out, but within the protection of the reefs, a body would be washed in. Tugela seems to be saying that GG & Robyn were beyond that protected area, at least that is how I interpreted his previous post.

Yet ALE claim her body would not have been carried out to sea. But you're saying for a body to be carried away one would have to be several miles out. Seems I remember reading something like that in Dave Holloway's book about Natalee, as that's what they believe, that she was taken several miles out by boat.

Yes, I can see what you are saying

The purchase of the insurance policy was not done with murder in mind
It wasn't a motive

However, since he had bought it, he decided to put a claim in

If he were not so obsessed with putting that claim in right away I'd think it was possible they had an argument that went wrong and somehow she ended up dead and he tried to cover it up. But trying to put a claim in so soon after she disappeared does not sound like something innocent people do. I wonder if he was concerned about notifying the insurance company before he left Aruba because this policy only covered them until their return. Again, most people who have just lost a friend are not concerned with those matters and are in shock from their loss, not calling an attorney and hiring him to advise you how to deal with placing a claim with the insurance company.

As far as his present social life it appears he is not letting this little incident with RG break his stride and it's business as usual. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle