ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swimming story dosen't sound solid from what? He's a comfortable swimmer who was busy saving his life? I'm puzzled... is he being chased by a shark? Got caught in a riptide...LE reported waters were calm.

Really, you don't leave your diving partner, scuba or snorkle.

Which brings to mind, I haven't heard any report of diving or snorkle gear. If they both were actually in the water, was he found with any equipment? I'm also not seeing how she could've just been "swept away", gear and all.........especially in calm water.

:waitasec:

MOO

The family has expressed their appreciation for the thorough investigation in Aruba and have declined to do anything (like be part of the Nancy Grace crime entertainment industry) that would interfere with the investigation. It looks like people associated with Robyn are using common sense and not allowing the talking heads to make a mess of the investigation by spreading lies based on their words. In this case, NG is left to make things up all by herself and, for the most part, it's obvious that she doesn't know what she's talking about - but that hasn't stopped her from creating fantasy and pretending that it is fact.

Yeah, with the roomy and "Unleash the Lawyers" every night :innocent:

Which brings to mind, I haven't heard any report of diving or snorkle gear. If they both were actually in the water, was he found with any equipment? I'm also not seeing how she could've just been "swept away", gear and all.........especially in calm water.

MOO

It's a puzzling of events as reported. I also believe his and her cell phone would be in his rental Rav4 vehicle. Why would he need to have the resturant help call for help?

It's a puzzling of events as reported. I also believe his and her cell phone would be in his rental Rav4 vehicle. Why would he need to have the resturant help call for help?
Their cell phones may not have worked (mine didn't...had to rent one...it was cheaper than going thru my carrier).

PS- does anyone know if there were reports that this guy was wet when he approached people?

I remember from Natalee's case something about our cell phones not working in Aruba.

MOO
I wish they would try to simulate what happened...like sending someone out there in the water where he says they were. I understand that currents change...but it would be helpful to get an idea.

Their cell phones may not have worked (mine didn't...had to rent one...it was cheaper than going thru my carrier).

PS- does anyone know if there were reports that this guy was wet when he approached people?

From what I've read, he was totally DRY.

I wish they would try to simulate what happened...like sending someone out there in the water where he says they were. I understand that currents change...but it would be helpful to get an idea.

Has anything been said about divers or anyone going into the water there, either to assess the underwater conditions or search for anything connected to Robyn? Sorry I wasn't following when the case first broke.

MOO

Presumable there was snorkeling gear rented, that would have been one of the first things the police checked. They wouldn't be talking about the condition of the water being inconsistent if the place he claimed they rented the gear from didm't know who he was. They would be talking about that instead.

Water doesnt need to be rough for currents to move you btw. Also, your perspective when in the water is completely different compared to being on land. What may appear calm from land can seem rough when you are actually in the water, especially if you don't have a lot of experience doing that.

It sounds like he was uncomfortable with the swell, panicked and swam for shore.

DAILY NEWS RECAP.

We need to nominate a Mega Slueth to unleash a 5:00 p.m. post that yields the concrete, new developments from down there, (e.g.:the local police, FBI, and Taco's office). This serves as a valuable resource since new details have been held fairly close to the vest by each source, and we are not receiving much news. Thus, it'd be useful to have the content.

Well, like all tourists, he would be unfamiliar with the local emergency procedures. Who would he call? His cell phone (if it worked) wouldnt know, but a local would. It makes sense to ask a local, not punch random numbers into a cell phone and hope you get lucky.

Well, like all tourists, he would be unfamiliar with the local emergency procedures. Who would he call? His cell phone (if it worked) wouldnt know, but a local would. It makes sense to ask a local, not punch random numbers into a cell phone and hope you get lucky.

:lol:

I'll accept his cell phone or hers were troublesome to use near the dive shop. Any idea where her purse/pocket book might have been found?

Good point.

From what I've read, he was totally DRY.

He would be wet if he immediately ran to someone the second he got out of the water, but if he was wandering around for a while wondering what happened to her and trying to figure out what to do, he would be dry by the time he spoke to anyone. It doesnt take long to dry when standing out in the sun.

Remember that there are 2 hours between the time she was last seen and he made his report, that doesn't give much time to do a crime, stash the body so well that no one can find it, and then come back. If he hadn't been to Aruba before, it is hard to see how this could be premeditated. How could he possibly plan it? That means that if there was a crime, it would have to have happened spontaneously sometime after they were last seen in apparent harmony. So, together without any apparent discord., then something happens and she ends up dead. Then he would have to hide the body so that even the locals can't find it, then he would have to stage a drowning. All in 2 hours???

The time frame just does not add up to a homicide. If he had done that you would have expected him to not report it for some time so that he would have a bigger window to clean up.

I don't buy it. This seems like just a tragic accident to me, but because of the Natalie Holloway affair, the Aruban authorities are hyper sensitive about beign seen as not pursueing things. To convince me they are going to have to come up with some real evidence, not "well, this doesnt look right".

PS- does anyone know if there were reports that this guy was wet when he approached people?[/QUOTE]

Yeah because that certainly wasn't much time between when she was last seen to change out of their restaurant clothes, snorkle, "get out of that rough water" (his words according to the article-conflicting with official view that waters were calm) and then ask for a cell phone to call for help. I'm curious to know if he was wet too!

I wonder if LE has ruled out the possibility that GG & Robyn Gardner came up with a plan to fake her death so GG could collect on the 1.5 mil insurance policy, then the two of them meet up somewhere & split the money? It was reported that GG told customs, as he attempted to fly out of Aruba, that his female companion had left on another flight. LE in Aruba seem to be pretty sure that she is dead, I am wondering what they have found that leads them to that conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member