ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been approached, either. Nor have I ever seen anything that might look like a good area to "score".

LOL, probably because we are not looking to score.

But its there if you care to look for it
No different than most places

It was stated at 2 A.M.

She had not been caught by the boyfriend at that time per reports. He thought he was gay.

No attempt is being made here to say with certainty what she was talking about. It is a clue, that is all. Something to sleuth with, not discard.

I agree, don't discard anything

She was caught in the lie about where she was
The BF knew she was not in Florida with her family

Interesting notion re the "roofies". One question, though. The report was that GVG made a comment to the wait staff (?) at the restaurant, that Robyn had been drinking vodka after taking sleeping pills that day. Does anyone know whether that comment was made in Robyn's presence? I don't recall that level of detail in any of the pieces I've read. If he said it in front of her, and it wasn't true (RF said she would not be taking such pills)...it seems more likely she might have objected or reacted in some way. Also, if he said it in front of her, it would strike me as slightly less potentially nefarious, than if he said it out of her hearing to someone. The latter would increase my suspicions.

It was stated at 2 A.M.

She had not been caught by the boyfriend at that time per reports. He thought he was gay.

No attempt is being made here to say with certainty what she was talking about. It is a clue, that is all. Something to sleuth with, not discard.

On RF's FB wall sometime prior to July 31st ( I can't recall the date) RF posted a question it read something like " Do gay men usually begin emails with the word lover" ?

I assume it was a rhetorical question, and was posted sometime after finding an email to RG from GG that referred to RG as lover. If I assume correctly, RF was aware of what was going on and the friendship with GG was probably part of the issues they were having.

Yes, the Ren has 2 buildings downtown. But the posting HS read were most likely referring to the Marriott properties in the "high rise" area. You know anytime someone say's High Rise in Aruba they are referring to the area with the Holiday Inn, RIU, Occidential & the Marriott properties.

That too is probably a good area to get drugs. More so, I would think, than the Eagle Beach or the Divi properties.

Interesting notion re the "roofies". One question, though. The report was that GVG made a comment to the wait staff (?) at the restaurant, that Robyn had been drinking vodka after taking sleeping pills that day. Does anyone know whether that comment was made in Robyn's presence? I don't recall that level of detail in any of the pieces I've read. If he said it in front of her, and it wasn't true (RF said she would not be taking such pills)...it seems more likely she might have objected or reacted in some way. Also, if he said it in front of her, it would strike me as slightly less potentially nefarious, than if he said it out of her hearing to someone. The latter would increase my suspicions.

The report I saw was that he told the cops she had taken sleeping pills, not the wait staff.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...policy-robyn-gardner/story?id=14331550&page=2

A police source in Aruba told ABC News that restaurant staff at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill noticed that Gardner seemed woozy while she and Giordano ate on the afternoon of her disappearance. Giordano later told police they'd been drinking vodka at the Marriot before dining and that she'd taken sleeping pills earlier in the day.

Do we know if the staff have confirmed that GG made this comment or is this simply something that GG self-reported to the ALE?

On RF's FB wall sometime prior to July 31st ( I can't recall the date) RF posted a question it read something like " Do gay men usually begin emails with the word lover" ?

I assume it was a rhetorical question, and was posted sometime after finding an email to RG from GG that referred to RG as lover. If I assume correctly, RF was aware of what was going on and the friendship with GG was probably part of the issues they were having.

That's the first I've heard of that. Do you have other statements on his Facebook that could be helpful here? Thanks.

Yes, the Ren has 2 buildings downtown. But the posting HS read were most likely referring to the Marriott properties in the "high rise" area. You know anytime someone say's High Rise in Aruba they are referring to the area with the Holiday Inn, RIU, Occidential & the Marriott properties.

That too is probably a good area to get drugs. More so, I would think, than the Eagle Beach or the Divi properties.

Yes, The Ren is a Marriott property

That's the first I've heard of that. Do you have other statements on his Facebook that could be helpful here? Thanks.

No, there was nothing else that stood out to me.

Unless deleted, the "this sucks' comment from RG is the only wall post she has made on RF's FB page.

The report I saw was that he told the cops she had taken sleeping pills, not the wait staff.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...policy-robyn-gardner/story?id=14331550&page=2

If he told that to police, it had to be well into the evening. 911 wasn't even called til a little after 6PM. So when would earlier that day be? That afternoon? Wouldn't be the morning, who takes sleeping pills right after they get up? Wouldn't be the night before or he would have said last night.

Who takes sleeping pills, especially if it was afternoon, knowing they'll be going snorkeling?

If you were lead to believe that this trip was only to help her with her portfolio and GG had put RG fears to rest, she went on the trip and then once there GG changed and wanted her to have sex with him how he wanted it, she felt obligated to have sex with a man you didn't find attractive but you had no way out of saying NO because you know his temper, you are in another country so you feel stuck. That would be a "This Sucks" kind of deal. MOO

If he told that to police, it had to be well into the evening. 911 wasn't even called til a little after 6PM. So when would earlier that day be? That afternoon? Wouldn't be the morning, who takes sleeping pills right after they get up? Wouldn't be the night before or he would have said last night.

Who takes sleeping pills, especially if it was afternoon, knowing they'll be going snorkeling?

This was discussed in detail on the previous thread.

Well I would want to know what they mean by "sleeping pills". Ambien is one thing. Benzodiazepines like Xanax or Klonopin, which are not "sleeping pills" but what helps some people sleep are easier to function normally under if you're used to taking them.

(CNN) -- Police in Aruba launched a new search on Monday for missing U.S. woman Robyn Gardner not far from the facility where the only suspect connected to the case is being held.

The area, a rough and rocky terrain on the Dutch Caribbean island, is located approximately 2 miles from the Correctional Institute of Aruba.

It was selected as a result of information authorities gained after interrogating Gary Giordano, and other information, said Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein.

Police would not go into details about "other information" they had obtained.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/a...gn=Feed:+rss/edition_americas+(RSS:+Americas)

The subject of buying drugs on Aruba is discussed here. One notable comment says there is a statue in front of the Renaissance where locals would hang out and do drugs. Another mentions a supermarket behind the Ren where a tourist was approached on two separate occasions and asked if he wanted to buy drugs.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/anyone-heard-anything-about-drugs-down-highrises-34324/

I live in a quiet upscale suburb of the northeast US where nothing too exciting happens all that often, but I can assure you that I could find "drugs" very easily any day I wanted them. It's not exactly difficult to find them - go to the back door of ANY restaurant in the world and ask a couple questions. You'll be pointed in the right direction.

Sleuthing where one might have purchased an unknown substance that the victim may or may not have taken willingly at an unknown time of day is probably not worth the time unless you are LE with a lot more information that we are not privy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean