ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it you can say this when Baez stated that they took out policies on "each other". They did not take out policies on each other, GG took out the policies, one with himself as beneficiary and one with his mother as beneficiary. So where's the one w/ Robyn as beneficiary?

I don't really feel like nit-picking and sniping about what's a fact and what's an opinion (and I'm not suggesting that you do want to, just sayin'). There's a remarkable amount of, imo, confusion "out there" on that. I also don't particularly care for all the lawyer-bashing. Lawyers who do their job well are often maligned by the public, who may not understand (or agree with) the fundamental notion that the State must be put to its evidence.

That said, there was more than one policy, and whether someone "took out" a policy isn't necessarily the same thing as who the beneficiaries were. I don't know the whole story, and neither does anyone else here. <mod snip>

No matter. Carry on. It all washes out in the end....

Look at GG's alleged criminal history (not all of this is necessarily factual, but for the purpose of getting a glimpse into what he is possibly capable of) plus witness statements and you will see a lot of other "obvious" blunders in his choices for crime. Walking out with a shopping cart full of stuff at Target, stealing jewelry from Costco, stalking a woman in a jackalope mask, raping a woman on camera, forging a signature to a multi-million dollar contract, etc. This is stupid stuff. What makes you think he suddenly went non-stupid?

MOO.

And look at these instances. How bold and brazen can you get? GG thinks he can do anything and get away with it. Whatever he did to Robyn, he thought he could get away with that too, which hopefully he won't. JMO

Recognizing that the suspect or the suspect's lawyer is lying is crucial to being a websleuth. < mod snip >

MOO.

Sleuth: A detective
Word History: Tracking down the history of the word sleuth requires a bit of etymological sleuthing. The immediate ancestor of our word is the compound sleuthhound, "a dog, such as a bloodhound, used for tracking or pursuing." This term took on a figurative sense, "tracker, pursuer," which is closely related to the sense "detective." From sleuthhound came the shortened form sleuth, recorded in the sense "detective" as early as 1872. The first part of the term sleuthhound means "track, path, trail," and is first recorded in a Middle English work written probably around 1200. The Middle English word, which had the form sloth, with eu representing the Scots development of the Middle English (), was a borrowing of the Old Norse word sldh, "a track or trail."

Recognizing that the suspect or the suspect's lawyer is lying is crucial to being a websleuth. <mod snip>

MOO.

Sleuth: A detective
Word History: Tracking down the history of the word sleuth requires a bit of etymological sleuthing. The immediate ancestor of our word is the compound sleuthhound, "a dog, such as a bloodhound, used for tracking or pursuing." This term took on a figurative sense, "tracker, pursuer," which is closely related to the sense "detective." From sleuthhound came the shortened form sleuth, recorded in the sense "detective" as early as 1872. The first part of the term sleuthhound means "track, path, trail," and is first recorded in a Middle English work written probably around 1200. The Middle English word, which had the form sloth, with eu representing the Scots development of the Middle English (), was a borrowing of the Old Norse word sldh, "a track or trail."

Certain people?

It seems to me the posters here have a sincere interest in the Robyn Gardner disappearance.

Just because people have a different opinion than yours makes them no less interested in learning the truth

I don't really feel like nit-picking and sniping about what's a fact and what's an opinion (and I'm not suggesting that you do want to, just sayin'). There's a remarkable amount of, imo, confusion "out there" on that. I also don't particularly care for all the lawyer-bashing. Lawyers who do their job well are often maligned by the public, who may not understand (or agree with) the fundamental notion that the State must be put to its evidence.

That said, there was more than one policy, and whether someone "took out" a policy isn't necessarily the same thing as who the beneficiaries were. I don't know the whole story, and neither does anyone else here. <mod snip>

This is not about lawyer bashing < mod snip >. I fully realize all lawyers are not the same. For me it's just about getting to the truth and if JB gets bashed because he is seen by myself and others as untruthful so be it. He is just one lawyer not all, who happens to have a history of creating fantasies, and I really have doubts that he's changed his game. jmo.

I base my opinion on facts when they are available, as well as on behaviors and my own gut instinct. And you're certainly right, we have very few facts to go on. I also contend that the information I have read and seen could all be wrong thus some or all of my opinions could be wrong as well. I also admit it is not out of the realm of possibilities that Robyn got suckered into this whole thing and she actually did take out a policy on GG naming his mother as beneficiary, because that was one his requirements for him taking her on this trip. I'm sure stranger things have happened. :truce:

Certain people?

It seems to me the posters here have a sincere interest in the Robyn Gardner disappearance.

Just because people have a different opinion than yours makes them no less interested in learning the truth

I welcome different opinions. There are many able and intelligent people on this site.

I think that websleuths offers a glimpse into the future for detective work and solving cases.

I welcome different opinions. There are many able and intelligent people on this site.
I think that websleuths offers a glimpse into the future for detective work and solving cases.

I agree with you
People do tend to see things differently and that makes for good discussion
I always feel that a good dose of Reality results in more meaningful conversations

I agree with you
People do tend to see things differently and that makes for good discussion
I always feel that a good dose of Reality results in more meaningful conversations

Really true, if we all had the same perspective and opinions Websleuths would not only be very boring it probably wouldn't even exist.

Or maybe as ALE didn't appreciate the media attention after Baez came on the scene, they decided to just become even more tight lipped.

Or more likely that Taco Stein did what he said he was going to do, find who all was leaking information from inside the PD and put a stop to it.

Or the interest is waning and not so many reports because there's no new news. I highly doubt that JB was the factor in ending media interest.

JMHO

I can't help but feel that since Jose Baez entered the fray and visited Aruba that this case has since then become less speculative and less media intensive. It seems to me that whatever he has advised GG's defense council has had the desired effect and resulted in less media speculation.
Afterall there is absolutely no evidence of a crime notwithstanding all the frenzied speculation that was given to this case, even the insurance policy theory has lost it legs after being revealed by Jose Baez that this was not a seperate life insurance policy but rather part of the travel insurance policy.
There is no doubt that since Jose Baez entered the arena that steam has been lost by the prosecution in this case.

Just my Opinion

...and I would venture to guess if any one of us were in GG's position that is exactly what we would want our attorney to do. I am not a fan a JB, but can't fault him for putting his clients interest first. Happy to see "anyone" clamping down on the "speculative" reporting. Rumors don't help anyone.

We haven't seen any insurance policy that JB said RG purchased. She did not pay for her ticket so she would have to have had a separate policy. So far we have seen nothing just the two that GG purchased, one on himself and one on RG.

Now for my question. How is JB able to represent himself as GG's attorney when he is not licensed in the State of Maryland and certainly was of no value in Aruba? jmo

NE headline "Couple saw Robyn Being Beaten"
This article is in Oct. 10 copy I just picked up. According to the article, a couple came forward on Sep. 17th after they saw photos of the rented car. They reported that just before 5pm on Aug. 2nd they saw a white Toyota Rav4 like the one GG and Robyn were driving. It was parked in the Dog Graves Beach Cemetery where islanders bury their pets. They noticed it because vehicles are not allowed to park there. They said the car was rocking side to side while the man slapped, beat and punched the woman around her face and head. She was screaming. They yelled at the man and he drove off in the opposite direction. They drove to Baby Beach, had second thoughts and went back but the car was nowhere in site. According to the article, police think maybe Giordano buried Robyn in one of the recently dug pet graves and are searching the area. They also reportedly are planning to bring in cadaver dogs.

This article is in Oct. 10 copy I just picked up. According to the article, a couple came forward on Sep. 17th after they saw photos of the rented car. They reported that just before 5pm on Aug. 2nd they saw a white Toyota Rav4 like the one GG and Robyn were driving. It was parked in the Dog Graves Beach Cemetery where islanders bury their pets. They noticed it because vehicles are not allowed to park there. They said the car was rocking side to side while the man slapped, beat and punched the woman around her face and head. She was screaming. They yelled at the man and he drove off in the opposite direction. They drove to Baby Beach, had second thoughts and went back but the car was nowhere in site. According to the article, police think maybe Giordano buried Robyn in one of the recently dug pet graves and are searching the area. They also reportedly are planning to bring in cadaver dogs.

If they had enough responsibility to yell at GG to get him to stop, one would think they would be responsible enough to call police after GG escaped.
Also, why did they drive back to the spot if they saw GG leave? If they were that concerned, why not call 911 instead? Why would police "think" she is buried there if he was seen leaving that spot? How many graves would need to be dug up to figure it out?
The 15 days of time in between seeing this incident, then somehow missing all the news media on the case and not responding, then somehow landing with the NE instead of regular media outlets, adds up to BS, IMO.
It's too bad because it's a pretty believable story at first glance. They were hitting on some earlier theories I've had. I got excited for a second.
These yellow journalists probably love us more than we know for their story ideas.
MOO.

If they had enough responsibility to yell at GG to get him to stop, one would think they would be responsible enough to call police after GG escaped.
Also, why did they drive back to the spot if they saw GG leave? If they were that concerned, why not call 911 instead? Why would police "think" she is buried there if he was seen leaving that spot? How many graves would need to be dug up to figure it out?
The 15 days of time in between seeing this incident, then somehow missing all the news media on the case and not responding, then somehow landing with the NE instead of regular media outlets, adds up to BS, IMO.
It's too bad because it's a pretty believable story at first glance. They were hitting on some earlier theories I've had. I got excited for a second.
These yellow journalists probably love us more than we know for their story ideas.
MOO.

It was a rental so they knew it was not an Aruban. They obviously did not know he would kill her. It's not like it is here. They could have thought it was a domestic dispute and did not want to get involved. And you are assuming they had a cell phone. It's not like NYC. No one there thinks Americans are going to come to their island to kill someone.

Here is a link to pictures from Aruba and Dog Graves Lagoon is on there, along with some good pictures of the cliffs and how strong the currents are there. jmo

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2427788220014336141rNlSMe

That was one of the options I gave last night on here ... burying someone does not mean they have to be buried in the ground ... a cemetary is where I always felt Natalee may be, in with someone or something else.

Gave me the creeps reading this actually since that has been on my mind now for a while ... that he took her to a graveyard. The hair on my arms is standing up right now.

I could not find a link at all. Not sure it is believeable ... although it is possible.

That was one of the options I gave last night on here ... burying someone does not mean they have to be buried in the ground ... a cemetary is where I always felt Natalee may be, in with someone or something else.

Gave me the creeps reading this actually since that has been on my mind now for a while ... that he took her to a graveyard. The hair on my arms is standing up right now.

Cemetaries in Aruba are above-ground. I was never aware pets were buried on this beach area. There is nothing marking graves of animals from what I can remember having stopped there. My guess is they are buried in the sand because the sand can be deep in some areas.

Also I was told by locals that you can only keep a body in a crypt for 5 years and then the remains are disposed of. You will not see very many cemetaries on the island and those you do see are all above ground crypts. But I could see them burying their pets on the beach. I doubt if GG even knew where he was because as I said I don't recall it being marked.

What's interesting, too, is that this area is not too far from the prison. Wonder if he even knew he was passing the prison? jmo

Cemetaries in Aruba are above-ground. I was never aware pets were buried on this beach area. There is nothing marking graves of animals from what I can remember having stopped there. My guess is they are buried in the sand because the sand can be deep in some areas.

Also I was told by locals that you can only keep a body in a crypt for 5 years and then the remains are disposed of. You will not see very many cemetaries on the island and those you do see are all above ground crypts. But I could see them burying their pets on the beach. I doubt if GG even knew where he was because as I said I don't recall it being marked.

What's interesting, too, is that this area is not too far from the prison. Wonder if he even knew he was passing the prison? jmo

Ironic isn't it? When Christina Jones was on the news, on the beach in Aruba, looking for Robyn, the prison was in the background.

From what I've read KIA is not a country club. It is a nasty place that has experienced budget cuts. They just caught a couple guards smuggling blackberries in I think yesterday. I was wondering if one was for GG. A few weeks ago they caught a couple other guards doing something that I can't recall right now and they were fired. My guess would be that it's a hell hole and anything can be bought for the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500