Astrologers LIBRARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
quoting Tuba again:

"In my experience, the Fixed Stars are important and there are two respected books that astrologers rely upon: Fixed Stars and Constellations by a MAN named Vivian E. Robson and Fixed Stars & Their Interpretation by Ebertin. There are some new texts on the subject as well. Alternatively, you can find all you need to know about Fixed Stars on the web."

Thanks Tuba! I love Ellen McCaffrey's Graphic Astology that you previously recommended. Beatufilly written and illustrated, easy to understand, and will definately get used as a quick reference book often in any library after a thorough read.

Quick question, which ephemerides are most accurate? The online ones all vary by a degree or two, and not all show phases of the moon, eclipes, etc...

Thanks in advance!

The Deutsch Ephemerides have a fine reputation. The few time errors entered their pages, errata were published along with the ephemeris. You can trust them. Also Golgge, if you can find them. Raphael's includes what you want, an aspectarian and the phases of the Moon. Deutsch has none of that. Rosicrucian has those extras. Deutsch & Golgge are the most accurate. A-P is another good ephemeris but hard to come by. At one time it was published by Aries Press. We also now have the American Ephemeris, lunar phases included and aspects. The price is right. I have NOT found inaccuracies in the American.

Many, many thank you's to you Tuba! Am adding to my list right now.

Hey Merc - if you find these documents/books would you post a link for the rest of us? I just use what ever is in the free computer program. I have not even tried to cast a chart by hand O:

I think you are pretty brave, my friend :)

Salem

Is Astro Dienst or www.astro.com a reputable website? Has some online tutorial reading and book suggestions. I would like to learn more but find myself getting lost in all the technical descriptions.

Is Astro Dienst or www.astro.com a reputable website? Has some online tutorial reading and book suggestions. I would like to learn more but find myself getting lost in all the technical descriptions.

This astro.com site is fine. Loaded with info. In fact, it's included in the post #13 I'd like to direct you to only because there are some easy reading links there. (am not endorsing any one site as each has it good points for learning this science)

Astrology is NOT a one time read so don't get frustrated when you find yourself going back over something you already read several times. There are many details to consider, similar to learning a new language when looking at a chart.

You start with the very basics ie: The luminaries-our Sun & Moon, their values, move on to the planets and each of their energies, the 12 Houses in a chart-what each house represents and it's natural planetary ruler including the proper associations w/the constellations of the zodiac wheel. By understanding these basics alone, you'll be surprised how much more of what the Astro's write will all of a sudden click & begin to make sense to you. With the 'basics' under your belt, you'll be prepared for the next phase in learning the complexities. One step at a time......

I also suggest, when reading a post which includes or references a chart that may have been posted earlier, print the chart out. That way, as you read what our Astros define/analyze/discuss, you have the chart right in front of you to LOOK at/the visual which aids in grasping the interpretation. It really helps in understanding the connections and influences.

Good Luck!

I am not sure if this is appropriate, so I will leave it to Dear Fifth to decide. :)

...But I found this extremely helpful....

http://www.therealastrology.com/Dispositor/index.html

This is a vid. on dispositer trees that I found very enlightening.

In the book, Understanding the Birth Chart, by Kevin Burk, where I got confused was with Sylvestor Stallone and the fact that The dispositor tree was not started or ruled by any single planet. This video helped me to understand where the book sorta left off..

Best regards,
~Khaki

Brought this post over from the Lindsey thread. Soulscape was replying to a question posted by Cyberswept. It was a really good question.

Hello Cyberswept,

I would say you are completely on base.

There are many minds much greater than my own that have addressed this subject and the questions you bring to the forum with their books and/or websites.

Cosmic Cradle (www.cosmiccradle.com) may be a good entry point for those interested in pursuing the subject matter.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Salem

I am not sure if this is appropriate, so I will leave it to Dear Fifth to decide. :)

In the book, Understanding the Birth Chart, by Kevin Burk, where I got confused was with Sylvestor Stallone and the fact that The dispositor tree was not started or ruled by any single planet. This video helped me to understand where the book sorta left off..

Best regards,
~Khaki

Great site Khaki! I had fun with this.

Salem

I checked the thread and didn't see this posted.

Here's a link to Astrology on the Web: Fixed Stars:

http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

Remember, Fixed Stars aren't really stationary, but they are such slow movers, they appear stationary. While they remain in the same degree for years, they do progress slightly in minutes or seconds - very gradually. I guess I'm saying don't count on their positions to be permanent, you'll still have to check the ephemeris occasionally. :wink:

Also check out Fixed Stars and their effects on this website by Anne Wright::

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

Best regards,
~Khaki

This is wonderful! Kevin explained it to me so I could understand it, before that I was totally confused (my usual state). At the time, we used my awful pencil drawings to make the trees. I recommend his book highly. Thanks for the link!
:woohoo:

Astrology itself is 5 thousand years old and the rulerships of the days of the week are ancient too, although not THAT old. So when you work with the days and plan your own day around the planet who is in charge, feel comfort and history in the fact that you are following a very, very old tradition. Centuries and centuries old.

Sunday is, no surprise, ruled by the Sun. It is good for promoting a search for a missing person because it lends significance and publicity to your Websleuth cause. It is also a fairly good choice for interrogations because it puts the spotlight on the respondent. You can watch his or her body language too. Obtain permission or favors from those in authority.

Monday is ruled by the Moon, abbreviated to "Mon" in the name we give the day in English. It is good for dealing with female witnesses and defendants and also, victims. If you want to make an essential change in your strategy or the location you are searching or in a procedure you are following, Monday is choice. It is a good day to examine fluids connected with a case or to search ponds and lakes.

Tuesday is ruled by Mars; in fact in France it is known as mardi. Optimal day for investigation of a crime scene or motives, means and opportunity. You can pierce the impenetrable on the day given to Mars. It is an appropriate day to combat your adversaries' claims with vigor but go over all your arguments for errors. Any action under Mars may be error prone if one rushes and fails to double check sources. Sadly, many acts of violence occur on Tuesday and in courts across the land, criminal matters are heard on Tuesdays.

Wednesday or Woden's Day is under Mercury and in France is called mercredi. This is a good day to file or release documents and to talk to the media or submit reports to the media. Wednesday is an excellent day to bend your mind to the case, ponder and sort out details and how these details fit together or do not. It is a good day to reach people who may have witnessed a crime. Ask involved parties if they are sure of their statements or need to make a change. Go over documents to try to assemble all pertinent facts into a reasoned whole. You can find mistakes and ambiguities on Wednesdays and correct them. It's fine to take statements from persons of interest or witnesses but realize that theirs may not be the final word or true. Memory is farther reaching, so press for recall.

Thursdays are under Jupiter. Luck is with you! Some findings yield more evidence than ever expected, greater results. What is in prepared documents has heavier impact among the readers on Thursday. Judgment is superior on Thursday to what it might have been on a hung-over Monday. Resources that you use are more reliable and richer in detail or history. Thursdays are days when you can put your experience and book knowledge to better use and see more connections. If you have to travel to a site that is pertinent to the case or to a new crime scene, Thursdays are excellent. Testimony is more dependable on Thursday.

Friday is ruled by Venus. Many matters are polished and completed on Friday. Some trivia is rounded off so as not to exhaust the audience or readers. If you need to ask a favor or exert compassionate pressure on someone tangentially involved in a crime, you draw better results on a Friday. You can judge how various parties feel toward one another with more than your usual sensitivity on Fridays. There is a keeness about how much money or energy to expend on a pursuit that is necessary to the case--or not. If you have to appeal to someone's emotions to gain cooperation, choose Friday.
Plea bargains are achieved on this day and compromise is in the air. Chat people up and see what falls out.

Saturdays are, no surprise, under Saturn. This is the day to devote yourself to structure, system and organisation, also the deadly serious facets of a case. If you sense that a particular figure is feeling guilt or should be, approach from that angle today. Someone who is fearful may be induced to spill information. This is also a good day to assess how resistant and defiant a suspect is and how possible it might be to "crack" his or her defenses. If there is a plug ugly, dirty job to do relative to a case, tackle it on Saturn's day.

Overall, rake up physical evidence on Tuesdays, gather oral and written information on Wednesday, submit it to your comprehensive examination on Thursday and sort it into order on Saturday.

While we are on the subject of planetary days, could we also discuss the HOUR rulers? I know that the Sun rules the first hour of Sunday, but does that first hour start at the time of sunrise? So for example, the sun rises at 6:42 a.m. Does that mean that Sun rules from 6:42 until 7:42, when the Moon takes over?

Thanks,

Salem

Yes. That is the idea with some variation according to the latitude of the locale.

I recently purchased Horary Astrology by Marc Edmund Jones at my local resale bookstore. It is dated 1975. Any thoughts on his work or this book. I paid $4.00 for it! It looks brand new!

He is one of the last century's leading astrologers and wrote courses as well as texts on astrology. You bought an excellent book. One important feature is his Yes - No tactic. He asks what is the relation between the two opposing Houses of your question. If the relationship of their rulers is good: a yes to your question. If bad: a no to your question. Taurus on H. 2 with Venus ruling may be square Mars or Pluto ruling H. 8, so then you would not be wise to have Sissy Themis design & tailor your New Years dress.

Jersey Girl is looking forward to astrology books for Christmas. I think the perfect author for these gifts would be Ronald C. Davison, who wrote Astrology. He is also the author of The Technique of Prediction. He wrote another hardback on synastry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500