Astrologers LIBRARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reminding us of Warnock's practice and his site.
He's excellent to read.

I liked this in particular, as a reminder what the Considerations before Judgement REALLY mean, ......that we can still read the chart but need to be aware of the potential consequence for the Astrologer.

Back in Lily's day, there were of course reprecussions for an inaccurate or even unfavorable reading for a wealthy client.
It was then meant as a helpmate to us when we had such persnickety people to deal with, hopefully the "off with the head" would not then apply, lol. as the kings and queens and monied gentry might have been inclined to do with an astrologer back then if they did not like their readings.
I'm always grateful I am not living back in those days as not every client "likes" what I have to offer.

: )

Lilly lists what he calls, Considerations before Judgment, which are a number of technical conditions that can arise in the chart. [3] While Lilly advises not to judge the chart when these conditions are present, my experience has been that these conditions generally do not prevent us from judging the chart, but give additional, usually negative information. It has been hypothesized that these considerations before judgment were set forth to protect the astrologer from having to give the client an unfavorable prediction.

Excerpt snip:

We note also that the Moon could be described as 'void of course', since she will not be making any more aspects until she changes sign. Being void of course is included in the 'considerations before judgment'. Lilly says this indicates that the situation may stagnate: "[A]ll manner of matter goe hardly on…" [8] This is a good example of why flexibility and judgment are necessary for good horary analysis. Clearly this matter will be accomplished; it is extremely unlikely that the querent's son will not be sentenced. In addition, as we shall see, refusing to judge the chart would have deprived us of an accurate prediction.

Warnock like Anthony Louis is a man of logic and therefore an excellent Horarist.

The Void of Moon in the case Warnock illustrated was a very good example of continuing on with reading the Horary chart despite the stricture. An added bonus of Warnock's site are the links to Lily's excerpts. I love reading the Olde English writing, it's lilting and musical to me.

Color coded for the houses, as each of the 4 Astrologers would have
seen the Zodiac. Ptolemy, Firmicus, Manilus, Wm. Lily (horarist)

I inserted the Denderah (Egyptian) Zodiac in the center....

antiquitychart.jpg

cont'd: (post 84)

Here are the various houses from Antiquity, as seen by the Ancients:

http://translate.google.com/transla...arch?q=porta+inferno+firmicus&hl=en&prmd=ivns

I hope this opens in the English (from Portuguese) and taken from Deborah Houlding's book
"Temples of the Sky"

I think Deborah Houlding, (from England) whose web site is called "SkyScripts" is really an expert extraordinaire' in Ancient Astrology.
I looked for her book on my bookclub, Temples in the Sky, but cannot find it available here.

However, this Portguese site, (a member of her own forum), has many chapters translated from the book into English, and the few I have been able to access here, (pdfs markers).....various chapters are very informative as to referencing the chart I posted earlier.

Just try and ignore the few words that don't translate well......from English to Portugeuse and back again to english I suppose, a few of the chapters don't really 'flow" ., but when you understand the gist you will enjoy the articles too I'm sure.

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhioyBB-mtbZyDD92Z-YQA_gUbZ5cA

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhiT-u_xqZ0fuIxG_32zjzOqrF79A

Scroll down in the Rectification process to:
Method of pre-natal epoch (extract from Dean and Mather )

All conceptions are tied to the Pre-natal Epoch period, or 273 lunar days.

from this link:
http://www.astrogeographia.org/about_us/inspiration/
According to the Hermetic rule, the Moon at epoch is the same as the Ascendant at birth, which in the case of Rudolf Steiner was 19½° Libra.

Example of Steiner's birth here:
http://www.astrogeographia.org/about_us/hermetic_rule_applied/

snipped from link:
Applying the hermetic rule, this fits well with the computed birth data, and could have been the moment of etheric conception. If indeed it was, then the birth time has to be corrected from 11:15 PM, to 11:25 PM, to yield for this moment (considered as the planned moment of birth) an Ascendant at 19º34' Libra and the Moon's position at 24º48' Leo in the sidereal zodiac, exactly fit the hermetic rule.

The Moon for the mom should be in the conception chart - (pre-natal epoch chart) in the natal (the child) ASC or DESC sign.

And for each ASC or DSC sign (the hypothetical one you are looking for)
remember that the Epoch MOON is roughly at 6 degree intervals and one of which, (accdg. to Epoch Rules) is related to the ASC or the DSC (of the child's chart)

I believe the original Epoch rules being referred to in this article's Epoch Chart reference, is from Hermes or the person who once was called by that name thousands of years ago.
Called "The Triune of Hermes"

You can find more modern day reference to the Epoch Rules in the "Message of the Stars" by the Rosicrucian Max Hendel (Astrologer)

Epoch conception charts:

Prenatal Epoch has been stated by Max Heindel in The Message of the Stars, where he says that the body is the product of lunar forces and that the position of the Ascendant, or its opposite (i.e. DESC) , at birth, is the Moon's position at conception

I also saved the Rules of Epoch, from the Triune of Hermes which should be available online somewhere too I'm sure, as it's ancient knowledge:

Four Laws of the Epoch

1. When the Moon at birth increases in light, it will be on the ascending degree of Epoch, and the Moon at Epoch will be on the ascending degree at birth.

2. When the Moon at birth decrease in light, it will be on the decreasing degree at Epoch, and the Moon at Epoch will be on the descending degree at birth.

3. When the Moon at birth is (a) increasing in light and below the horizon, or (b) decreasing in light and above the horizon, the period of gestation is longer than the norm.

4. When the Moon at birth is (a) increasing in light and above the horizon or (b) decreasing in light and below the horizon, the period of gestation is shorter than the norm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Four Orders of Epoch

1. Moon above horizon and increasing
in light.......... 273 days minus x.
2. Moon above horizon and decreasing
in light.......... 273 days plus x.
3. Moon below horizon and increasing
in light.......... 273 days plus x.
4. Moon below horizon and decreasing
in light.......... 273 days minus x.

The above referenced 273 days in the above table is the normal period of gestation, or nine solar or ten lunar months. This normal period is increased or decreased in accordance with the distance of the Moon from either the Ascendant or Descendant, and "x" is a certain number of days corresponding to this distance obtained by dividing the distance in degrees by thirteen degrees, the latter being the average daily motion of the Moon.

These are used as rectification fine honing aids.

Here are a few calculators that may help in the rectification process.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html[/url * * *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member