Attorney Brad Conway Released More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure how this odd moment came about until I just now watched the press conference for the first time.

Brad "backed off" his statement because Pipitone confused him. He thought he and Pipitone both understood the same thing until Tony insisted that no hair other than Caylee's was found on the duct tape (according to the FBI). The confusion is related to the "unknown origin hair" being found on the collection paper. The collection paper was placed beneath the skull, skull duct tapes, and hair mass for the purpose of catching anything that might fall off during the various handlings inside the labs. Brad knows that this hair must have come from the skull, the tape, or the hair mass - and he should presume that Tony knows this as well. It's in the FBI doc dump. But Tony asks him if it is his understanding that a stray (unknown) hair was found on the duct tape. Brad says yes that is my understanding. Then Tony says that the FBI found no hair other than Caylee's on the duct tape. That's right - as we know it was found on the paper underneath this stuff. Brad's error was in assuming that Tony was asking a question for which the answer was already understood (from the docs). Brad becomes confused and then thinks that Tony might have seen something in the doc that he didn't. Something in there saying that only Caylee's hair was found with the body and there really is no "unknown origin hair" at all.

Anyway, it was an awkward moment and I felt sorry for Brad. Maybe he genuinely thought it was attached to the duct tape. I clarified in Thread #1 that the hair was on the paper meant to catch stuff that might fall off. We might be able to find out which item this hair was found beneath. It could have originally been stuck to the tape and then fell off. It could have come from the hair mass. It could be a contaminant. We only know that it is associated with the skull/tape/hair mass. Unfortunately the reporters don't correct or help the situation by explaining that the unknown hair was collected beneath these items and was not specifically stuck to the duct tape upon its discovery by a technician. Maybe they didn't know that either - but they could see that the FBI was talking about a single hair that did not belong to Caylee or Casey.

You can watch this bit at about 8:40 on this video of the conference.

The collection paper (Q107) on which the unidentified hair was found is listed under the title "Items from scene". There is another section titled "Items from Medical Examiner Office" which includes a different collection paper (Q89). So I do not think we can make the assumption the hair was associated with the collection paper from the skull/tape/hair mass.

See handwritten pages 9582-9587
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21161111/detail.html

The whole thing about the dna and the duct tape is confusing and getting more confusing. Just this morning on the Today Show I'm pretty sure I hear LKB say there is foreign dna on the duct tape ( at the 3:35 minute point). I am attempting to understand this. Was the foreign dna collected at the scene traced back to a member of the forensic team? Is there more mystery dna that was collected and not accounted for ?

The docs state that "foreign" DNA was found on the skull duct tape. I think it was on all three pieces. Then they state that the DNA profile was matched to a technician. I think this was a lab tech, not a CSI working in the woods. Now I can't find the doc citation to post an attachment or quote. Help?

The whole thing about the dna and the duct tape is confusing and getting more confusing. Just this morning on the Today Show I'm pretty sure I hear LKB say there is foreign dna on the duct tape ( at the 3:35 minute point)
YouTube - Today Show - Casey Anthony's Attorneys Speak Out 10/2/09,

I am attempting to understand this. Was the foreign dna collected at the scene traced back to a member of the forensic team?
Is there more mystery dna that was collected and not accounted for ?

Here's my understanding: They found DNA on both sides of the tape, the silver side and the adhesive side. The silver side DNA belonged to a female technician. The DNA on the adhesive side did not meet enough qualifications to even be tested.

Here's the link:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21147519/detail.html
handwritten pages 8635-8636

The docs state that "foreign" DNA was found on the skull duct tape. I think it was on all three pieces. Then they state that the DNA profile was matched to a technician. I think this was a lab tech, not a CSI working in the woods. Now I can't find the doc citation to post an attachment or quote. Help?

The email on page 8707 states the DNA was from the examiner who performed QDU examinations. I don't know what QDU is though.

The evidence released by parties not even charged in the homicide isn't helpful to KC as much as it is to the CMA Foundation. What struck me most was the title of the FBI lab report
Caylee Marie Anthony- Victim
Missing/ Abducted Minor
Orange County, Florida

Not dead or murdered but missing and abducted. Bit by bit we can see what feeds CA's delusions. Hair, tape, whatever. KC will be convicted for the lies IMO. The jury will be asked to determine what a reasonable person would do or how they'd act. If the A clan were reasonable people, we wouldn't be here and they probably wouldn't be in this mess.
They released this to increase their own credibility and hopefully generate donations to the foundation IMO.

Leila ~ Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?"

I always took this to mean KC was shocked that her mother doubted her nanny story and was actually telling the media that she doesn't know what her daughter's involvement is. It was pretty clear to me that KC was being a brat because her mother made her nanny story seem like a lie.

I do not think CA was involved with killing Caylee. I think she knows it was Casey who was responsible but I am not sure she knows how and to waht extent.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't LE take some brackets with duct tape out of the shed when they took the gas can on 12-11? The inventory I read did not say if they were rolls or just pieces of duct tape, but they are mentioned on the same line as the same item. I will look for the link.

The collection paper (Q107) on which the unidentified hair was found is listed under the title "Items from scene". There is another section titled "Items from Medical Examiner Office" which includes a different collection paper (Q89). So I do not think we can make the assumption the hair was associated with the collection paper from the skull/tape/hair mass.

See handwritten pages 9582-9587

Thanks for finding this. I was just about to look for it. :)

So if the collection paper was from the scene, not the tape or the skull, it is not too big a deal if someone else's hair was on it.

We should be able to trace back "Q107" to where it was first recorded by LE. Anyone remember which doc dump contained the detailed descriptions of each item removed from the scene??

I always took this to mean KC was shocked that her mother doubted her nanny story and was actually telling the media that she doesn't know what her daughter's involvement is. It was pretty clear to me that KC was being a brat because her mother made her nanny story seem like a lie.

I do not think CA was involved with killing Caylee. I think she knows it was Casey who was responsible but I am not sure she knows how and to waht extent.

I have a daughter, just a couple of years younger than KC. I can ASSURE the public, that her (KC's) sarcastic statement to her mother means ABSOLUTETLY NOTHING!!!! It's just a manner of speech for this generation.

And believe me, I WISH it meant something cause I am CA's number 1 Hater, so my motives are clear.

Thanks for finding this. I was just about to look for it. :)

So if the collection paper was from the scene, not the tape or the skull, it is not too big a deal if someone else's hair was on it.

We should be able to trace back "Q107" to where it was first recorded by LE. Anyone remember which doc dump contained the detailed descriptions of each item removed from the scene??

Found it here:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18740700/detail.html
page 3705 (or PDF pg. 115)

If I read it correctly it says it is pharmacy fold of paper used to place under items #1-3 for photography. Items 1-3 are as follows:
1. "World of Disney" bag
2. Vial of sus. entymology evidence from #1 above
3. Gatorade bottle with unknown liquid substance, possible toilet paper cardboard & unknown item inside roll

Interesting!

These videos also touch upon BC's PC, so I added them here for reference!

GMA VIDEO: Casey Anthony's Lawyers: Drop the Charges 10/02/09 2:50
New information released in case against mom of murdered toddler Caylee Anthony.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8731568

Video: Caylee Anthony Evidence Handling Botched? 3:49
New evidence shows that hairs found in the trunk of murder suspect Casey Anthony do not belong to her. Maggie Rodriguez spoke with Casey Anthony's lawyer Jose Baez.
[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5357899n"]New Caylee Anthony Evidence - CBS News Video[/ame]

:angel:

I think I found it. This unknown hair is associated with the Disney bag, Gatorade and possible syringe.

Q107 is "Pharmacy fold of paper used to place Items 1-3 on for photography" H-60518, Item 4, Q91.

What are Items 1-3? They are:

Item 1 - "World of Disney Bag" Q89
Item 2 - "Vial of suspected entomology evidence from Q89 Disney Bag"
Item 3 - "Gatorade 'Cool Blue' bottle with unknown liquid substance, possible toilet paper roll, cardboard and unknown item inside roll"

Thanks to JWG who made it easier for me to find this info. I think this is correct, but somebody else should check.

Not to rain on anyones parade... but, let's not forget that some of the items collected from Caylee's "site" may have been items of debris and what-not blown into the woods from storms or litterbugs etc...

Not to rain on anyones parade... but, let's not forget that some of the items collected from Caylee's "site" may have been items of debris and what-not blown into the woods from storms or litterbugs etc...

No doubt, I personally believe those items were just miscellaneous trash and this unidentified hair most likely has nothing to do with the case. But, the Disney bag and gatorade bottle have been discussed at length on this board as perhaps being meaningful, so I still think it's interesting the hair was found on one of those items.

I think I found it. This unknown hair is associated with the Disney bag, Gatorade and possible syringe.

Q107 is "Pharmacy fold of paper used to place Items 1-3 on for photography" H-60518, Item 4, Q91.

What are Items 1-3? They are:

Item 1 - "World of Disney Bag" Q89
Item 2 - "Vial of suspected entomology evidence from Q89 Disney Bag"
Item 3 - "Gatorade 'Cool Blue' bottle with unknown liquid substance, possible toilet paper roll, cardboard and unknown item inside roll"

Thanks to JWG who made it easier for me to find this info. I think this is correct, but somebody else should check.

Well, if this is what BC was going on about, I don't get it. Someone else's hair was on some unrelated items of litter? Who cares? If KC or Caylee's hair had been on these items, that would have been interesting. But someone else's hair just means we can probably ignore these items.

I know the "Q" numbers from OCSO are not the same as the "Q" numbers from the FBI, but how do we know that FBI # Q107 is the same as OCSO # Q91?

I know the "Q" numbers from OCSO are not the same as the "Q" numbers from the FBI, but how do we know that FBI # Q107 is the same as OCSO # Q91?

The FBI doc gives their own reference (Q107), and then gives the OCSO reference (H-60518, Item 4, Q91).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname