Attorney Brad Conway Released More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, So I’ve been doing a lot more research here and on other sites and I’ve come to the conclusion that the defense is going to "throw George or Cindy" under the bus. so, let me put my thoughts out there and see your responses. Remember this is only a way I think the defense could try to get Casey acquitted, I in no way believe this to be true, but a viable means of defense bull:
1. The only way they can say Casey isn’t guilty, and they haven’t produced any evidence to the contrary is that KC could not turn her mother in because she feels partially to blame for not being more “present” in Caylees’ life. That Cindy was under such pressure from Georges’ infidelity and losing that large sum of money. George had also been acting irrationally and Cindy and KC were getting more and more combative (ie. the fights the neighbors heard).
2. To help cool everyone down, KC felt it was best to stay away from the house as much as possible for awhile because of the fights escalating to the physical abuse. Since she never knew from day to day where she would be sleeping, she thought it best to leave Caylee with her mother.
3. Oh Help…KC came home for clothes one day and in another raging fight (and remember we’ve never seen much rage from KC, for all accounts most of her friends say she was a good and patient mother, we have seen Cindy raging with bats and hammers etc.) her mother strikes Caylee in a fight with KC. It knocks Caylee unconcious, but mom revives her and she seems alright. KC flees the home in fear. Cindy puts Caylee down for a nap and she never wakes up. Cindy feels this is all KC’s fault and needs to buy time. She puts Caylee in the playhouse to hide her from George and perhaps uses Chloroform as an agent to embalm the body (Cindy’s a nurse, she would have access, and there are old European references to this) Cindy tells George that Caylee’s with KC and writes the “My Caylee is Missing” to make it look like KC took her away. “But at least KC is finally being more responsible George thank God for that, maybe she’s maturing at last”
3. Cindy then places Caylee in KC’s trunk in KC’s next visit home for more clothes, to place the burden of Caylee’s death on KC where Cindy feels it belongs. KC is driving around w/o a care cause she doesn’t know that her daughter is dead and in her trunk, ergo the “wow, my car stinks, I must have had a squirrel die in the fan” story KC was tauting to everyone. Then in horror, in trying to find the source of the smell that just won’t go away, she discovers Caylee in her trunk,(cue DA DA DAAAAA music here please) and knows just what her mother has done. She tries to confront Cindy or George (The flurry of phone calls the 16th and in the process realizes, she is in deep doo doo and will probably be blamed for the death, so she dumps Caylee in the woods, thats where she puts her pets, and later dumps the car in AMscot cause that pesky smell won’t go away. But can’t face her father yet.
4. She spends several days considering her options (the nightmares and sweats)at TL’s home (sex helps clear her head) and finally confronts her mother, they then plan the story, (input bull here), the problem is instead of the car being stolen and the “Zanny” story, its towed and George gets the tow letter before Cindy can cover it up. Now they must go into overdrive, thats why Cindy went to work, she didn’t want George to make a big deal over the smell, and then when she thought he would be at work she comes back, washes everything she can, removes any evidence and frantically searches for KC because the story now has to change. i.e. why Cindy really does sound “frantic” in her 911 calls…they f’d up the plan. which once again is due to KC’s incompetence in getting rid of the car.
5. This is why George said he wouldn’t “live the lies”, he’d rather save his daughter, he wasn’t that fond of Cindy, and why he “fake” attempted suicide (does anyone really think he was going to do it). He knew his pathetic failure to lead the family caused Caylees’ death, and he couldn’t loose his entire family over this one tragic mistake. Who knows maybe KC really does feel that Cindy would kill her if she rats Cindy out, she loved Caylee and look what happened, she could barely stand KC.
It might be enough to have 1 juror have reasonable doubt.
6. Now, we must arrest Cindy and have her trial, but at that trial KC says she did it, her mother took the blame at her trial b/c she felt so guilty for having done such a poor job raising KC, she owed her a 2nd chance, if she hadn’t pushed KC to have Caylee and then made her be a more present parent, KC wouldn’t have gone over the edge and killed Caylee to punish her mother….double jeopardy attaches, they all on book tours and speaking engagements.
Sorry so long, but I think it works.;-)

OK, So I’ve been doing a lot more research here and on other sites and I’ve come to the conclusion that the defense is going to "throw George or Cindy" under the bus. so, let me put my thoughts out there and see your responses. Remember this is only a way I think the defense could try to get Casey acquitted, I in no way believe this to be true, but a viable means of defense bull:
1. The only way they can say Casey isn’t guilty, and they haven’t produced any evidence to the contrary is that KC could not turn her mother in because she feels partially to blame for not being more “present” in Caylees’ life. That Cindy was under such pressure from Georges’ infidelity and losing that large sum of money. George had also been acting irrationally and Cindy and KC were getting more and more combative (ie. the fights the neighbors heard).
2. To help cool everyone down, KC felt it was best to stay away from the house as much as possible for awhile because of the fights escalating to the physical abuse. Since she never knew from day to day where she would be sleeping, she thought it best to leave Caylee with her mother.
3. Oh Help…KC came home for clothes one day and in another raging fight (and remember we’ve never seen much rage from KC, for all accounts most of her friends say she was a good and patient mother, we have seen Cindy raging with bats and hammers etc.) her mother strikes Caylee in a fight with KC. It knocks Caylee unconcious, but mom revives her and she seems alright. KC flees the home in fear. Cindy puts Caylee down for a nap and she never wakes up. Cindy feels this is all KC’s fault and needs to buy time. She puts Caylee in the playhouse to hide her from George and perhaps uses Chloroform as an agent to embalm the body (Cindy’s a nurse, she would have access, and there are old European references to this) Cindy tells George that Caylee’s with KC and writes the “My Caylee is Missing” to make it look like KC took her away. “But at least KC is finally being more responsible George thank God for that, maybe she’s maturing at last”
3. Cindy then places Caylee in KC’s trunk in KC’s next visit home for more clothes, to place the burden of Caylee’s death on KC where Cindy feels it belongs. KC is driving around w/o a care cause she doesn’t know that her daughter is dead and in her trunk, ergo the “wow, my car stinks, I must have had a squirrel die in the fan” story KC was tauting to everyone. Then in horror, in trying to find the source of the smell that just won’t go away, she discovers Caylee in her trunk,(cue DA DA DAAAAA music here please) and knows just what her mother has done. She tries to confront Cindy or George (The flurry of phone calls the 16th and in the process realizes, she is in deep doo doo and will probably be blamed for the death, so she dumps Caylee in the woods, thats where she puts her pets, and later dumps the car in AMscot cause that pesky smell won’t go away. But can’t face her father yet.
4. She spends several days considering her options (the nightmares and sweats)at TL’s home (sex helps clear her head) and finally confronts her mother, they then plan the story, (input bull here), the problem is instead of the car being stolen and the “Zanny” story, its towed and George gets the tow letter before Cindy can cover it up. Now they must go into overdrive, thats why Cindy went to work, she didn’t want George to make a big deal over the smell, and then when she thought he would be at work she comes back, washes everything she can, removes any evidence and frantically searches for KC because the story now has to change. i.e. why Cindy really does sound “frantic” in her 911 calls…they f’d up the plan. which once again is due to KC’s incompetence in getting rid of the car.
5. This is why George said he wouldn’t “live the lies”, he’d rather save his daughter, he wasn’t that fond of Cindy, and why he “fake” attempted suicide (does anyone really think he was going to do it). He knew his pathetic failure to lead the family caused Caylees’ death, and he couldn’t loose his entire family over this one tragic mistake. Who knows maybe KC really does feel that Cindy would kill her if she rats Cindy out, she loved Caylee and look what happened, she could barely stand KC.
6. Now, we must arrest Cindy and have her trial, but at that trial KC says she did it, her mother took the blame at her trial b/c she felt so guilty for having done such a poor job raising KC, she owed her a 2nd chance, if she hadn’t pushed KC to have Caylee and then made her be a more present parent, KC wouldn’t have gone over the edge and killed Caylee to punish her mother….double jeopardy attaches, they all on book tours and speaking engagements.

I don't think the defense even has to come up with a scenario.They could just point out that all the evidence could be linked back to G and C as well as KC.Add to that all the covering they did,not cooperating with TM and TES,screaming Caylee is Alive and showing pictures to the media of other little girls.They made it easy for the defense to throw them under the bus IMO.

It's a great story you wrote and I enjoyed reading it. However, I don't believe it at all. All of us have a natural instinct for self-preservation and I belive Casey has an abundance of it. If she thought that anyone else besides herself was responsible for Caylee's death she would be screaming it from the rooftop. Instead she's remained completely silent while she's sat in jail for the last year.

Also, Welcome to Websleuths!!! :blowkiss:

Here's the problem I have with BC's "big announcement". It will fail the "null hypothesis". Even if they "buy" them an expert who will get on the stand and say there are microscopic fibre differences, if the SA asks him (and especially THEIR expert) "are you stating that the two pieces of tape could not have come from the same roll" the expert will not be able to say "yes".

In other words, the statement in the original forensic report stating they have characteristics that point to coming from at least the same production run, if not the same roll, cannot be eliminated.

That's probative.

Interesting, but if I eat cheese before I go to bed I find I have dreams that are as bizarre as this- lol - I'll say this for you, you have a vivid imagination.
Cindy was in an administrative position in a Home Health Agency so not likely to have access to any drugs.Even a Hospital based Nurse would not likely be able to locate Chloroform, that is a form of anesthesia that went out of general use in the 50's.. I suppose she could have bought it on the Internet, which is what the searches were thought to be for, but there is not any trace of her doing that as far as I know.
I don't see George as being capable of complicity in this at all. I think the terrible anguish he showed in the first few days was genuine, it all changed when he saw the need ( or was instructed by CA) to start lying.
I don't know if his lies/actions since have made him an accessory after the fact, but there are legal experts here who could tell us.

ORLANDONATIVE

Great story, and I'm not saying her family did not help after they found the car, but the only genuine time I ever felt sorry for CA was listening to her voice when she frantically called 911 and said Caylee was missing and the car smelled like a dead body. The emotion was too raw and real for someone who had known a month. Also, WHY would she wait that long to rat out KC?

And let's face it, GA and CA would have buried her in the yard when they redid the patio in July if she had died at home. They may not have adequately protected her from an irresponsible sociopathic mommy, but they loved her enough not to let her rot down the street for months. The fact that CA refused to cooperate with LE/FBI on more than one occasion, washed evidence in the trunk that would relate to KC, redecorated her room so she looked like an engaged totmom, and went on an on telling lies in the media and her depositions, is too conflicting for me to think she was pinning something on KC. And KC would have thrown her parents under the bus from minute one if that was the case.
Lastly, if CA's intention had been to punish her daughter, why, after they all knew the Zani story was worthless, did CA and DC put so much time and energy into looking for SODDI theories?

Welcome, too, by the way. I am amazed daily by the quality of investigation from posters on here and the patient dedication of our mods. Just be careful - I don't know if it's this forum or this case, but I'm gonna need a 12-step program after this is over - it's just too addicting.

ORLANDONATIVE

Great story, and I'm not saying her family did not help after they found the car, but the only genuine time I ever felt sorry for CA was listening to her voice when she frantically called 911 and said Caylee was missing and the car smelled like a dead body. The emotion was too raw and real for someone who had known a month. Also, WHY would she wait that long to rat out KC?

And let's face it, GA and CA would have buried her in the yard when they redid the patio in July if she had died at home. They may not have adequately protected her from an irresponsible sociopathic mommy, but they loved her enough not to let her rot down the street for months. The fact that CA refused to cooperate with LE/FBI on more than one occasion, washed evidence in the trunk that would relate to KC, redecorated her room so she looked like an engaged totmom, and went on an on telling lies in the media and her depositions, is too conflicting for me to think she was pinning something on KC. And KC would have thrown her parents under the bus from minute one if that was the case.
Lastly, if CA's intention had been to punish her daughter, why, after they all knew the Zani story was worthless, did CA and DC put so much time and energy into looking for SODDI theories?

Welcome, too, by the way. I am amazed daily by the quality of investigation from posters on here and the patient dedication of our mods. Just be careful - I don't know if it's this forum or this case, but I'm gonna need a 12-step program after this is over - it's just too addicting.

This. More than anything else, what keeps CA and GA out of it are those initial 911 tapes. The raw excited utterances. Those are probably the most heartfelt and honest statements we have ever heard from CA. There is also a very clear path of action involving the A's, from when they were notified the car had been towed, to when they had recovered it, CA confronted KC and she called 911. There are no real holes in their story. (other than some minor ones, GA driving the car home with the smell, and what exactly did they clean up). As others have said it is obvious they took some steps to cover up for KC, but their discovery of what was going on was witnessed and seems genuine.

The evidence released by parties not even charged in the homicide isn't helpful to KC as much as it is to the CMA Foundation. What struck me most was the title of the FBI lab report
Caylee Marie Anthony- Victim
Missing/ Abducted Minor
Orange County, Florida

Not dead or murdered but missing and abducted. Bit by bit we can see what feeds CA's delusions. Hair, tape, whatever. KC will be convicted for the lies IMO. The jury will be asked to determine what a reasonable person would do or how they'd act. If the A clan were reasonable people, we wouldn't be here and they probably wouldn't be in this mess.
They released this to increase their own credibility and hopefully generate donations to the foundation IMO.

Well yes and no. I think the subsequent release of video showing the posters hung up using the same tape found wrapped around Caylee's head may not be quite the effect that the CMA Foundation was hoping for here.

Leila ~ Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?"

Countzero ~ My fence sitting is either CA was directly involved with the murder with KC or KC did it alone with CA knowing immediately afterwards.

I have not posted in many months, but have to say I agree with both of you. I have always believed CA knew what KC's involvement was by the tone of KC's voice. Like KC couldn't believe what she was hearing from her own Mother.

One thing that has bothered me is the pool box. When CA was showing Greta around the yard, she mentioned the bush under the window was moved and the pool box was going to be put under the window so Caylee wouldn't climb on it and fall in the pool. Why in the would would you put a oblong box against a round pool to begin with? And IIRC wasn't it under the window where one of the dogs hit?

Back to lurking.

Bold is mine-

I'm with ya!

Foreign DNA and hair or anything else for that matter, from an outdoor dumpsite is not uncommon. Look at all the garbage that was there. Anything could have been there. Just not sure where the spin on it all will go as far as Court proceedings.

Welcome back! You've been missed. :)

ITA - Given the conditions of the disposal site, I'd be more surprised if there were no foreign contaminants than that there may be some. The one thing I think we should all consider --- since there is no dna from Caylee, there really should be no dna from the perp. The same conditions that caused any Caylee dna to deteriorate would affect that of the perp similarly.

Flipping it around, IF there had been any trace of KC at the disposal site, the defense would argue that KC lived very nearby and normal wind and especially hurricane winds in that area could easily deposit skin cells, hair, whatever from the A home to those remains. (I'm sure they'd also argue that as Caylee was around all of them that it would be natural to have transfer even without the winds and outdoor conditions.)

Well yes and no. I think the subsequent release of video showing the posters hung up using the same tape found wrapped around Caylee's head may not be quite the effect that the CMA Foundation was hoping for here.

In the previous thread, a poster suggested something along the lines of perhaps the A's are just not duct tape kind of people and that this may explain why no rolls were found. The use of duct tape to hang posters along with other duct tape remnants found in the shed belie that possible theory.

To my mind, the fact that zero rolls of duct tape were found is very suspicious. Seems like at some point possibly someone made a point of trying to eradicate duct tape from the premises and missed a few small pieces in the shed. Yes, I realize it's possible that they just ran out after using to hang posters but that doesn't explain why no other pieces were found anywhere else, including on those previously hung posters, kwim? Does it seem likely the detectives or CSI overlooked duct tape hanging in plain sight?

In the previous thread, a poster suggested something along the lines of perhaps the A's are just not duct tape kind of people and that this may explain why no rolls were found. The use of duct tape to hang posters along with other duct tape remnants found in the shed belie that possible theory.

To my mind, the fact that zero rolls of duct tape were found is very suspicious. Seems like at some point possibly someone made a point of trying to eradicate duct tape from the premises and missed a few small pieces in the shed. Yes, I realize it's possible that they just ran out after using to hang posters but that doesn't explain why no other pieces were found anywhere else, including on those previously hung posters, kwim? Does it seem likely the detectives or CSI overlooked duct tape hanging in plain sight?

Theye didn't overlook it. Remember the detectives wouldn't have been looking for it until December.

Not to rain on anyones parade... but, let's not forget that some of the items collected from Caylee's "site" may have been items of debris and what-not blown into the woods from storms or litterbugs etc...

So glad to see you back with us! You have been missed!

ETA: And yes, I agree. :)

Gosh I didn't mean to scare everyone away by starting a new thread! :waitasec:

I also apologize to anyone who did asked me a question in the other thread...I just seen 1, but someone kindly answered it for me! I'm reading quite slow these day's due to a 2 eyelid infections & a surgery to drain one of the lids late last week. I'm still slowly reading the doc dump & trying to stay caught up in other threads too!
Please forgive me for any delays here or in any of my PM's.

Thanks for understanding! :blowkiss:

:grouphug:'s & :rose:'s
:blushing: :angel:

Ouch! Hope your feeling better soon. take good care of those peepers and yourself.:blowkiss:
Totally OT:
Lots of eye problems on my end too. My daughter has conjunctival concretions so I'm spending alot of time putting in eye drops, applying warm compresses and tear duct massage hoping that we can avoid the surgery.

When I was at the opto with her, the doc noticed my squinting and my unequal pupils, and one eye darting all over the place, so now I've been referred to an optho/neuro with a suspected anneurism or brain blead from a bump to my head a year ago.
I just can't keep up on here like I used to. My vision in one eye has really deteriorated, and the headaches make it really hard to focus.

So I'm not ignoring anyone, just busy with real life and dealing with what it throws my way.
Praying for justice for caylee and all the other lil ones who deserved so much better.
xo
BWI

Ouch! Hope your feeling better soon. take good care of those peepers and yourself.:blowkiss:
Totally OT:
Lots of eye problems on my end too. My daughter has conjunctival concretions so I'm spending alot of time putting in eye drops, applying warm compresses and tear duct massage hoping that we can avoid the surgery.

When I was at the opto with her, the doc noticed my squinting and my unequal pupils, and one eye darting all over the place, so now I've been referred to an optho/neuro with a suspected anneurism or brain blead from a bump to my head a year ago.
I just can't keep up on here like I used to. My vision in one eye has really deteriorated, and the headaches make it really hard to focus.

So I'm not ignoring anyone, just busy with real life and dealing with what it throws my way.
Praying for justice for caylee and all the other lil ones who deserved so much better.
xo
BWI
GEEZ! brain bleed? Get that fixed pronto .
Ya know that could explain that post you wrote about.......JUST KIDDING !!!!:innocent:
Hope you and your daughter are better soon! Keep us up to date.I'll worry til we get the "all clear"

Theye didn't overlook it. Remember the detectives wouldn't have been looking for it until December.

Which, to me, indicates that perhaps KC herself could have done a little clean-up herself while out on bond for a month and a half with nobody looking. Or maybe they just used it all up with the poster-hanging activities and GA couldn't grab any more from his old work site, as Valhall postulated may have happened.

They sure switched out the yellow-handled garbage bags for some different ones right quick though.

Which, to me, indicates that perhaps KC herself could have done a little clean-up herself while out on bond for a month and a half with nobody looking. Or maybe they just used it all up with the poster-hanging activities and GA couldn't grab any more from his old work site, as Valhall postulated may have happened.

They sure switched out the yellow-handled garbage bags for some different ones right quick though.

BBM....
I think you really hit on something. From what we have seen of CA need to control everything....I can assume that "brand loyalty" would likely be present. So...a new garbage bag brand "could" be more than just a matter of "I had a coupon".

BBM....
I think you really hit on something. From what we have seen of CA need to control everything....I can assume that "brand loyalty" would likely be present. So...a new garbage bag brand "could" be more than just a matter of "I had a coupon".

Well, LP always emphasized that fact. And it's interesting that in August, (when RK called in his sighting, before LP bonded KC out) they might just have been switched.

I know this is speculative, but good old Deputy Cain, who couldn't be bothered to look in the woods, still may have remembered RK telling him he saw a black (or other color) trash bag. I know there is no evidence out there yet, but I always thought it odd that Cain was also the officer who responded to GA's gas can incident report. I always imagine he might have struck up a conversation with GA (who loses no time in telling people he is ex-LE) and might have also passed on being in the neighborhood again responding to various tips. GA, it appears, didn't like to spend too much time in the house when KC was bonded out (who came blame him?). It just makes me wonder if there may have been some innocent conversation that lead to change of shopping habits.

Plus, I don't think even the Anthonys had time to think about coupons at that point. ITA, they would just replace the brand they usually bought. Unless they were worried about trash bags...

Well I always thought that the A's and crew had access to a police scanner anyway. So who knows what they heard, if this were the case.

Well I always thought that the A's and crew had access to a police scanner anyway. So who knows what they heard, if this were the case.

Well, that makes perfect sense. CA was probably used to eavesdropping. That skill helped her lurk in blogs, too, playing "detective" waiting for the inevitable dirt. Too bad her criticisms always sounded so pot calling the kettle...you sure can't spit-rap bloggers for having "no lives" when you are on line all day trolling for dirt. And we know she had plenty of time for that while others were out in the heat and humidity looking for Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member