AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest thoughts concern the recent drug raids in that area.
Oddly, the link to the SAPOL story is broken (see https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/murray-mallee-local-service-area), but it said that raids were conducted of several Murray Bridge and Murray Mallee properties in Feb/March 2015.

All can find now are the ABC News stories here >>> http://www.abc.net.au/riverland/topics/law-crime-and-justice/crime/drug-offences/?page=1

Suppose someone knew about the suitcase and took it as insurance that the owner would keep their mouth shut about something to do with this drug syndicate.
Charges are laid and the owner of the suitcase has kept quiet.

Rather than return the case, the thief who took it for insurance says "I left it on the roadside just out of Wynarka".
This would explain suitcase-man.

Rather than wandering about for 44 days trying to hide the case, he was wandering about LOOKING for it, trying to retrieve it and carrying a larger case to put the contents into because, being a battered old case, he was worried they may have been disturbed and scattered.

All I can say (is) we’ve had many, many calls to Crime Stoppers - as of this morning over 1000. There’s been a number of sightings of different people all through that area.
“We’re chasing up many lines of inquiry but there’s nothing to suggest another person is a particular suspect at this time.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...search-for-clues/story-fnii5yv4-1227496185133

I am totally confused by this case.
I am a little interested in the number of sightings of different people through that area.
I am assuming that area is a zone surrounding where Angel was found.
Wonder what the time frame of these different people being sighted is?

There was a group of people that we only became aware of in the last thread....look up Geocaching. Its like a treasure hunt game where people hide an Item in an area and the goal is to locate the item and record that you have found it. It IS BIG ...this Geocaching has been around for 15 years with members all over the world. The particular area where the suitcase was found is littered with these Geocache items ...... In the area where the suitcase was found .... I have looked it up.... a cache was hidden there in April 2013 (Typically it will be a plastic container, containing a notebook to log your name and date that you found it...inside the plastic container you can leave a small memento - a keychain,a badge, business card...really anything small)...you can also take something out as long as you put something in...ANYWAY ...since this geocache was hidden since April 2013.... 147 people have logged back into the geocaching website to say they found the item...the last person at that location was the 19th of June this year...on the 16th of July it was recorded on their webpage that the "Cache" was disabled due to this investigation and a warning for Geocachers to stay away from the area.... the police do know about the Geocachers and would be able to contact each person...

I've included a pic of the geo cache's within the area..... but honestly I feel the police have a more solid lead on a particular individual based on appearance and have known for a number of weeks that any evidence associated with this child's remains is located in a particular area and stretch of the Highway... Their Pamphlet is what makes me think this - it is more specific to the road from Tailem Bend to Karoonda....than it is from the larger, more diverse Murray Bridge to Karoonda..

wynarka geo.png

Here is a small cut out of the pamphlet police were handing out about 3-4 weeks ago when they were door knocking Karoonda and specifically Wynarka .... notice they have (Appeared to have) zeroed in on the stretch of road between Karoonda and Tailem Bend... Why not include Murray Bridge? Murray Bridge is the larger of the towns, with more industry and shopping etc... The next announcement we will hear is the mounted horse patrol will be searching the zone from Wynarka to Karoonda... IMO

wynarka specific map.png

wynarka police drawing.png

Here is a small cut out of the pamphlet police were handing out about 3-4 weeks ago when they were door knocking Karoonda and specifically Wynarka .... notice they have (Appeared to have) zeroed in on the stretch of road between Karoonda and Tailem Bend... Why not include Murray Bridge? Murray Bridge is the larger of the towns, with more industry and shopping etc... The next announcement we will hear is the mounted horse patrol will be searching the zone from Wynarka to Karoonda... IMO

attachment.php

They searched Wynarka to Tailem Bend first too. I wonder why.
I agree it's odd that they are focused there and not on the Murray Bridge Road. Kudos for noticing that, Puggle.

I'm hoping SAPOL have made contact with all of the geocaching members (regular and premium) that logged finds in the Wynarka area during the period in question. Geocachers are an observant bunch, and I wouldn't doubt many of the 'motorists' that checked out the suitcase were actually geocachers.

Yes I hope so too! I know when I geocache I usually take a small bag and pick up litter along the way, so they may have most definitely noticed it at the very least!

I agree it's odd that they are focused there and not on the Murray Bridge Road. Kudos for noticing that, Puggle.

I truly believe the pamphlet was designed in such a way to jog someone's memory (As it should) to zero in on a specific area...

I have to believe this indicates Police have something to base it upon ...

Yes I hope so too! I know when I geocache I usually take a small bag and pick up litter along the way, so they may have most definitely noticed it at the very least!

I'm the driver...my 10 year old son is the one racing out of the car with IPAD in hand..... if he saw the suitcase he would be drawn to it to have a look... The aim of Geocaching is to be looking out for anything that seems out of place... This is what makes me think that whomever put the suitcase out in the area.... most likely hid it for all intense purposes with the intention of it too never be found... and without knowing that there is a subculture of other humans out there searching for hidden items.... has accidently stumbled upon it... it's been moved...numerous times ... until it's contents is spilling out along the Hwy....maybe that's why he was out there wandering aimlessly trying to retrieve his once hidden evidence...he became aware that it had been found ???? .... just typing out loud...

I also hope they have contacted the geocachers who had previously found nearby caches. We've been caching for two years now and have found over 750, DH would definitely be able to tell an investigator what things were nearby on the ground near a cache.Also, he does sometimes stop for a cache on the way home from work, it might not have been a phone that the man was checking , it could have been his handheld gps system. DH wouldn't be making eye contact with anyone either as the idea of the game is secrecy to prevent muggles from finding the cache and destroying it as often happens.

Combine that with the police saying in the media that "they will find out who this little girl was, and people who know something should come forward now before the police come knocking" make me think they have some specific targets in mind. I think I also heard Detective Hutchison say to use an attorney if you don't want to come forward yourself. Did anyone else hear that?

Evidence is another thing entirely though, and it looks like they are being extremely thorough in this case, as the worst thing in the world is to know who did something and either have no evidence, or something gets botched up in the investigation and they are unable to proceed to charge someone or take it to trial.

Combine that with the police saying in the media that "they will find out who this little girl was, and people who know something should come forward now before the police come knocking" make me think they have some specific targets in mind. I think I also heard Detective Hutchison say to use an attorney if you don't want to come forward yourself. Did anyone else hear that?

Evidence is another thing entirely though, and it looks like they are being extremely thorough in this case, as the worst thing in the world is to know who did something and either have no evidence, or something gets botched up in the investigation and they are unable to proceed to charge someone or take it to trial.

BBM

He renewed appeals for the man seen carrying the suitcase to come forward and for anyone on the periphery of the crime to contact police either directly or through a lawyer.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...search-for-clues/story-fnii5yv4-1227496185133

Every description n the SAPOL site uses exactly the same words "Described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed".

I suppose it is possible he was wearing a suit, but I would think that if witnesses had said that, then it would be in the interest of the police to state that too and narrow down the search.

If he was seen on various occasions, chances are he might have been wearing different clothes each time. Depending on the weather, too, he might have taken off a suit jacket.

I don't have a lot to add except I travel through the area frequently and I can say that I get no mobile phone coverage in and around wynarka (with Telstra) Optus is a little better

Not certain on this, but I thought that geocaching was done using latitude/longitude based off phones or gps units? That would seem to suggest someone's getting a signal in the area.

Yes I must say I have stopped at the very site where the little girls remains were found on a number of occasions over the last few years - looking for native seed and plant samples (the immediate area has been burnt in recent years resulting in an abundance of seed bearing plants). I know I am not the only one in my industry that would stop here although pretty sure no one doing so would be wearing a suit and certainly not carrying a suitcase

Thinking outside the box... what about a scientist or conservationist gathering samples? The "suitcase" could have been some sort of sample case.

Thinking outside the box... what about a scientist or conservationist gathering samples? The "suitcase" could have been some sort of sample case.

Do we have all the times that the well dressed man was seen? Perhaps we could surmise something about him if we knew that the sightings were during business hours, or outside of business hours.

We geocache as a family, but my husband also does it alone, we must look very odd to people who don't know what we're doing as we wander around trying to get a GPS fix on the phone or Garmin.

LOL We have a spot near our house where people park because it has the best mobile coverage. We did wonder when we first moved in what the heck was going on (why do people keep parking in that spot??). So, certainly a possibility.

So is the place that suitcase man seen know to be a place where people park for reception?

Yet, by using said car, they could dump the case at any remote spot on a back-road with no risk at all of being seen.
I just cannot fashion the fact of a man walking openly with a suitcase into any scenario where he is attempting to avoid being identified.

It certainly seems contradictory.

Nevertheless, whatever suitcase man's actions and intentions truly were, he has managed very successfully to avoid being identified - despite the fact that a police force and a large number of members of the public are looking for him.

How large is the cache that is nearby? I know here lots are stored in ammo boxes, and I've even seen a few that we even larger and fairly heavy. Could suitcase man have been the person maintaining the cache? Has the person who started this cache been contacted? I took our cache down because I hated dealing with it getting muggled and moved.

ETA: I have cached in high heels on more than one occasion and once went in a full on evening gown and my hubby in a tux after we left a fancy wedding in Austin. I can only imagine how we might have looked to passerbyers. Probably crazy.

Do we have all the times that the well dressed man was seen? Perhaps we could surmise something about him if we knew that the sightings were during business hours, or outside of business hours.

Yes, police surely must have constructed a timeline. They have alluded to the fact that there were several sightings of this man, but have only informed us of the sightings on those two dates in April and May.

I do find it interesting that they clearly have more information and witnesses regarding this man, but have chosen not to update us, so that all we are left with are the witness statements in news articles, which may or may not be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona