Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.

Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:

* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict:There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.

* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.

* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.

* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here. I'm learning more and more Aussie slang, so knock this stuff off.

* “Off-Topic” Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. There is a chat thread created just for you guys. Go there and discuss things that interest you, or just to joke around in a positive manner. This thread is for discussion of Allison's murder.

None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7825556#post7825556"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

Funny thing, I got the notice for Jury Duty today.....I have never been called before

Kimster -- are you going to advise re: the problems last thread? Was it related to the case itself or something else? Thanks

I just posted a list of all the problems we had on thread #9. It took awhile to compile. :sigh:

Now, let's move forward. :skip:

Oh man, I knew I shouldn`t have gone to sleep last night. LOL Thanks for letting us know Kimster,I couldn`t understand what was going on. So looks like I am missing the goss about the show. Hmmm. Naughty people : ) Kimster, I hope this is a job for you and that you get paid as it seems we are making you work a lot more in this case.
Looking forward to catching up when the mods fix it up. Thanks

Sorry there was one other new bit of information apparently the police were about to look in the area of the Kholo Bridge as they pinged or downloaded the info from the Prado's onboard navigation system and the vehicle was in that area. So they were going to search there but the canoeist found Allison first.

Oh man, I knew I shouldn`t have gone to sleep last night. LOL Thanks for letting us know Kimster,I couldn`t understand what was going on. So looks like I am missing the goss about the show. Hmmm. Naughty people : ) Kimster, I hope this is a job for you and that you get paid as it seems we are making you work a lot more in this case.
Looking forward to catching up when the mods fix it up. Thanks

All the mods are volunteers. Let's just move forward and that will be payment enough. :grouphug:

Kimster, maybe this isn't the place to raise this, but if not here, where?

That said, has it occurred to moderators that 'complaints/alerts' are used on occasion (and often frequently) by those trying to dominate discussion and silence others?

This is frequently the case in moderated fora and for this reason, the use of 'up and down' thumbs are being implemented in 21st century fora

After all, you've said yourself that people who don't want to 'hear' certain posters can avail themselves of the 'ignore' function. Yet the complainers apparently refuse to do that and instead try to 'form and shape' others opinions by 'alerting/complaining' to mods

We're by no means professional sleuths or investigators. We're not privy to 99% of information known TO professional investigators and even journalists. Therefore, it's pretentious to pretend we can have anything professing to be 'serious investigative' discussions here. All we have is conjecture, speculation, opinion and a few snippits provided by police and media, around which we've circled now for 9 or 10 threads

If we did not venture off the very small amount of official information at our disposal -- the Allison Baden Clay forum would be only a few pages long

I feel it's ridiculous that a few who're dominant and who abuse the 'alert' function should be able to stop a forum dead and result in repeat warnings to several dozen mature-aged posters as if they were eight year olds, don't you?

IMO

Kimster, maybe this isn't the place to raise this, but if not here, where?

That said, has it occurred to moderators that 'complaints/alerts' are used on occasion (and often frequently) by those trying to dominate discussion and silence others?

This is frequently the case in moderated fora and for this reason, the use of 'up and down' thumbs are being implemented in 21st century fora

After all, you've said yourself that people who don't want to 'hear' certain posters can avail themselves of the 'ignore' function. Yet the complainers apparently refuse to do that and instead try to 'form and shape' others opinions by 'alerting/complaining' to mods

We're by no means professional sleuths or investigators. We're not privy to 99% of information known TO professional investigators and even journalists. Therefore, it's pretentious to pretend we can have anything professing to be 'serious investigative' discussions here. All we have is conjecture, speculation, opinion and a few snippits provided by police and media, around which we've circled now for 9 or 10 threads

If we did not venture off the very small amount of official information at our disposal -- the Allison Baden Clay forum would be only a few pages long

I feel it's ridiculous that a few who're dominant and who abuse the 'alert' function should be able to stop a forum dead and result in repeat warnings to several dozen mature-aged posters as if they were eight year olds, don't you?

IMO

We look at those issues. I didn't mention that in my rules post above, but we need to be able to let everyone brainstorm their ideas.

If someone thinks Allison was alive in one of the vehicles seen by the witness, that is okay. If someone else thinks that wasn't possible, that's okay too. Those are just differences and no one is allowed to "bully" others into believing what they believe, as long as there is some common sense to it. This happens in every case. Someone is passionate about their views and want everyone else to see it their way. Use the alert button to communicate when you feel that is going on. Remember, the mods are behind the scenes doing what we do. We do not share that with other members so we could be communicating with members individually and the rest of the group will never know it.

Anyway lets hope it all goes a lot smoother now so kimster and the other mods aren't constantly wasting their time fixing our aussie threads.

I don't think there will be much more fresh information coming through on this case so all we can do is talk about our own theories.

Kimster, haven't got the maps handy. The scout-camp is said to be approx. 100 metres upstream from where ABC's remains were discovered at the mouth of Kholo Creek

Feeding into Kholo Creek are several smaller tributaries (which in dry season are reduced to merely a trickle but which became torrents during the weekend of heavy rain in the area and which are believed [by some] to have washed ABC's remains downhill to where she was finally discovered)

It's suspected ABC's remains were placed in bushland surrounding the smaller tributary creeks - very dense bush. Maps I've seen and comments made here by locals seem to indicate that the area wasn't part of the scout-camp (although there are multiple scout-camp properties in the area, apparently). At the same time though, various comments and even reports suggest ABC's remains could have been moved at least once. Verification would result on tox-results, no doubt. At the moment though, in various fora online, people are claiming there were 'drag marks' at the scout camp which were reported and investigated by the police

Summary: I don't know, but someone more knowledgeable will come along soon, hopefully :)

Neuromancer posted these maps a while ago. Just found them again

Scroll down until you hit the Neuromancer post with maps

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Shows the proximity of the Tyamolum Scout Camp to the spot where ABC's remains were discovered

From Channel 9 News 16th May 2012:

A witness has told police they saw two four-wheel-drives near where Allison Baden-Clay's body was found, on the same morning that her husband reported her missing.

The cars were allegedly spotted at Anstead, within 2km of where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found 10 days later

The witness allegedly saw a white four-wheel-drive that had its headlights switched off, and only parking lights on, that was closely tailing a small blue four-wheel-drive near Kholo Creek crossing in west Brisbane, at around 4am (AEDT) on April 20

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8468149/witness-comes-forward-in-baden-clay-case

Here is a Google map of Anstead, a suburb of Brisbane. It covers the area said to be the location of where the witness saw the two 4 x wheel drives. And within the same location, you can see the Tyolum Scout Camp and also (if you zoom in) Kholo Creek where it joins the Brisbane River (up in top left-hand corner)

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=nl"]Google Maps[/ame]

I'll keep looking to see if I can find something more definitive re: the witness sighting in relation to where ABC's remains were discovered

Sorry. That didn't work. I posted the url for the Google map, but that hasn't shown in my post. Instead, a big blank nothing

Sorry

But, if you go to Google maps and type 'Anstead, Brisbane Queensland Australia', it will bring up the map and the info I mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean