Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually getting married october next year and my partner and i are refusing to have alcohol at our wedding. We have no reason why we want it that way we just do. I guess whether people have alcohol at their wedding is each persons personal choice. My sister also got married in 1992 and she had no alcohol at her wedding either. But then i have also been to weddings where all people do is drink then they usually spoil what was an awesome day :)

<modsnip>

Basically the thing is why would they feel the need to mention a dry wedding in the news link? They both worked for Flight Centre. Have any of you worked for the tourism/hospitality sector? Half the people I know probably wouldn't bother going to a dry wedding. I know for one it would be dead boring for most of the people I hang out with. It looked like a "fancy" wedding that would be done properly.
Yes it might be nothing at all I just find that these 2 people having a dry wedding is odd.

Vehicles
So far, we have seen mentioned the following:
White Prado - with C21 signage (wonder if this will be removed now post office closure?)
Grey Holden Captiva. BC

Honda (car accident - loaner from a friend.
These have been impounded and in the case of the honda referred to local police for mechanical exam. BCs cars released. Unknown re honda status

Holden statesman? Owned by parents. Bwana plated.
Gold suzuki suv NBC spotted driving.
White Suzuki suv spotted at C21 cleanout. Owned by?

I still wonder about the white suzuki plus grey captiva possibly being spotted
near Kholo Bridge or on the roundabout.

Ok - amend now to Silver Captiva!

Also just want to put it back out there - possible that Office could feature somewhere in that particular night. Would love to see the view of the carpark from the street and from over the railway line.

Regarding the latest news...so the police are (correctly) ruling out other people/possibilities - until there is only one left.

Can't help but think that if he'd said he went out looking for Allison during the night it might've given some explanation as to why the car was spotted on cctv and by other motorists. But his version is he was at home, asleep.

As we say here in Aus - *SPRUNG*

And one less shot the defence has at creating reasonable doubt. Keep it up QPS!!!

I don't get it, if they can't prove it was BC Captiva, how are they gonna prove it by saying "nobody in the area was there that night who owned that type of car" it doesn't mean anyone from out of the area wasn't there in a captiva?

What about a lost new to QLD person? My god I ended up so far from home when I first moved here coz my navigator died lol

I dunno, I'm not that excited over this info, just proves they CANT prove it was him... Still.

POLICE hunting for the killer of Allison Baden-Clay are questioning people with cars similar to her husband's about their movements on the night she disappeared.

Hmmm..process of elimination...

But police would still have to be able to say "a certain person" was driving that car??...GBC's alibi is "at home & asleep"

This new CM report may help to bring those people forward who wondered why they needed to contact police when they hadn't seen anything or remembered anything when they went thru the roundabout that night. At least the ones with the relevant car type.

Hmmm..process of elimination...

But police would still have to be able to say "a certain person" was driving that car??...GBC's alibi is "at home & asleep"

Hopefully they've been able to match dirt on tyres or something similar.. and if he was 'home asleep' he'd have some explaining to do? There must be something in the car that made them think it was used for this... hoping they're just getting loose ends tied up here.
He might be wishing he was at home asleep, and that this was all a nightmare. haha

I don't get it, if they can't prove it was BC Captiva, how are they gonna prove it by saying "nobody in the area was there that night who owned that type of car" it doesn't mean anyone from out of the area wasn't there in a captiva?

What about a lost new to QLD person? My god I ended up so far from home when I first moved here coz my navigator died lol

I dunno, I'm not that excited over this info, just proves they CANT prove it was him... Still.

Maybe they can't prove it was his car but police do have to show that they investigated all known cars within the area and excluded them. When the details are presented to a court, a jury is entitled to come to their own conclusion that the car was more likely his than anyone elses. I feel it will be the cumulative evidence and facts that will convict, if someone is ever charged with the crime.

Hopefully they've been able to match dirt on tyres or something similar? There must be something in the car that made them think it was used for this... hoping they're just getting loose ends tied up here.
He might be wishing he was at home asleep, and that this was all a nightmare. haha

They could have a match up with quite a few things...dirt, deceased person.

But you would think they'd need to have a positive ID of GBC being in that car or driving that car within the hours he stated he was "at home & asleep"...maybe police already have that ID from someone else??

I'm wondering if and when someone is charged - will they get the luxury of bail?

I'll bet my left bosom they do!

Maybe they can't prove it was his car but police do have to show that they investigated all known cars within the area and excluded them. When the details are presented to a court, a jury is entitled to come to their own conclusion that the car was more likely his than anyone elses. I feel it will be the cumulative evidence and facts that will convict, if someone is ever charged with the crime.

Its still reasonable doubt. "most likely" being his car doesnt make it "definitely his car" I think they have nothing if this is the best "proof" theyre coming up with...

IF police have evidence to say GBC did actually kill Allison then perhaps this "cars seen at roundabout" is more to do with charges relating to "disposing of a corpse" ??

Its still reasonable doubt. "most likely" being his car doesnt make it "definitely his car" I think they have nothing if this is the best "proof" theyre coming up with...

I'm hoping they are just putting the icing on the cake. At least by releasing this info, they are making it obvious that he is a suspect. Fingers crossed.

I'm wondering if and when someone is charged - will they get the luxury of bail?

I'll bet my left bosom they do!

It really depends on who they arrest and if they are deemed a risk to society.
They of course need to raise the money to pay the bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname