Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping they are just putting the icing on the cake. At least by releasing this info, they are making it obvious that he is a suspect. Fingers crossed.

Im gonna have to disagree. I still think they dont even have the cake, let alone the icing.

1) they obvs cant even prove it was a BC car

2) So how do they plan to prove who was driving it?

3)That house got cleaned up super fast, so nothing clearly came of it since nobody was arrested due to whatever they saw there to escalate so fast

4) They must not even have anyone who saw the cars at the bridge considering they were looking for a blue 4wd... whoever saw that car is so very reliable considering now they think it was the captiva lol

5) As of yesterday they had a few theories, so they cant even narrow it down to one

THe whole thing is based on circumstantial at best. I doubt there will be an arrest any time soon.

It really depends on who they arrest and if they are deemed a risk to society.
They of course need to raise the money to pay the bail.

That's true, and there doesn't seem to be alot of money around... especially if 2 from the same family are arrested.

I'm hoping they are just putting the icing on the cake. At least by releasing this info, they are making it obvious that he is a suspect. Fingers crossed.

I think it's more of a case that as much information as they can gather is better.
Investigations like this don't work in a linear fashion. They had 20 odd detectives working on it all month and they would all be investigating different leads. Just because they are ruling out cars now it doesn't mean they are grasping at straws or close to an arrest, it's just means that part of the investigation has become apparent to the media.
Although police didn't release the information, the killer must be sweating now that confirmation of certain cars have been spotted in areas of interest.
What we don't know is how much detail of those cars they have. This could be another ploy by police to drip feed information.

BWANA & Co for the bail.

I hope the person of interest is kept behind bars, I'd be (I am) afraid for the children if someone gets desperate and snaps (again).

Where would he go though if released on bail??...imagine the public's outrage if that happened...

BWANA & Co for the bail.

I hope the person of interest is kept behind bars, I'd be (I am) afraid for the children if someone gets desperate and snaps (again).

Yes, I wonder about that too. There was a real life case on the other day where the hubby burnt the house with his kids in it. He was a suspect in his wife's murder and the police were closing in. He had claimed he was innocent,too. Is it a case that police CAN'T do anything about the kids til they charge him? It'd be sad if they strongly suspect, yet can't take any action to protect the children.
I know it doesn't mean it will happen here, but I wonder all the same. I think it may have been on Dr Phil.

Where would he go though if released on bail??...imagine the public's outrage if that happened...

Hopefully wherever they want. (except for into hiding)
One would hope we live in a civilised society where people are innocent until proven guilty.

How many Prados, Captivas and vehicles that look much like them are there in Brisbane's west and surrounding areas like Ipswich, should keep them busy for a while.IMO this investigation is going nowhere, the lab boys and girls are the one chance of cracking it.

I believe the journos would have added cars similar to the BC's for the effect it would have...IMO the police would *not* have said this...These type of cars are absolutely everywhere throughout Australia...

One would hope we live in a civilised society where people are innocent until proven guilty.

I think it will all come down to whatever evidence police/prosecutor have. Thinking back on high profile murder cases...imagine if Sian Kingi's killers had been released on bail...or the suspect in Daniel Morcombe case.

I think we've seen enough evidence just online to say most people have GBC as being Allison's killer & they pretty much have him locked up with the key thrown away.

IF he's released on bail people will track him down...he might be able to run but he'll never be able to hide.

Thats why we have Remand Centres.....maybe if he is a high profile prisoner he may need protection for his own safety.
Because you are on the outside does not mean that you are protected.
When you go to prison you are not sent there for punishment. You are sent there as punishment.

I believe the journos would have added cars similar to the BC's for the effect it would have...IMO the police would *not* have said this...These type of cars are absolutely everywhere throughout Australia...

Well the police didn't report this news, an owner (probably friend of a jorno) reported that police called them asking questions about their grey captiva.

something that's always stood out to me in regards to the released photos of the family cars was that the Captiva was reversed into the carport. Locals: was this a common practice for ABC & GBC to reverse park in their carport?

For me, I drive straight in and reverse when I leave. I know everyone's different, but I just find it a little odd that the Captiva is reverse parked in. Was that an attempt to not draw attention to possible evidence in the rear of the Captiva?

The photo of the Prado is harder to determine the direction in regards to the driveway, but it seems that the path (SHE) would be leading towards the house so the car is pointing in the direction of the road. Again, is this a common practice for the couple to park the car this direction?

I am assuming the police have not moved the cars prior to taking pics, and I recall they were towed away for testing.

Can any locals enlighten us on how the family usually park their cars at the house?..

If GBC *always* reversed the car before parking and ABC did the opposite and *always* reversed out to leave, it may also suggest that GBC was the last of the couple to drive both cars (duh)

Because of the attribution. I think wakeskate made a similar allusion a couple of posts above.

Cheers

Police may have evidence (DNA or fingerprints) which shows another person, possibly a female, had been driving that car with Allison's body in it...well then I guess she'll be taking a ride to the big house soon enough.

Then there's the other car, possibly with GBC driving....how are police going to prove that he was driving that car within his "alibi hours - 10pm until around 7.30am)

OR perhaps he was too drunk to drive either of the cars & called in help to dispose of Allison's body.

So makes three POI ??

something that's always stood out to me in regards to the released photos of the family cars was that the Captiva was reversed into the carport. Locals: was this a common practice for ABC & GBC to reverse park in their carport?

For me, I drive straight in and reverse when I leave. I know everyone's different, but I just find it a little odd that the Captiva is reverse parked in. Was that an attempt to not draw attention to possible evidence in the rear of the Captiva?

The photo of the Prado is harder to determine the direction in regards to the driveway, but it seems that the path (SHE) would be leading towards the house so the car is pointing in the direction of the road. Again, is this a common practice for the couple to park the car this direction?

I am assuming the police have not moved the cars prior to taking pics, and I recall they were towed away for testing.

Can any locals enlighten us on how the family usually park their cars at the house?..

If GBC *always* reversed the car before parking and ABC did the opposite and *always* reversed out to leave, it may also suggest that GBC was the last of the couple to drive both cars (duh)

Pollen and soil tests may have been done on both these vehicles to see what ground or roads that they have covered.. Pollen is different at Brookfield compared to other areas. It can be found in the cars airfilters....so no good washing the car.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/05/12/1105992.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member