Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...now don't laugh, but are there any animals that would create that kind of damage if he had hit it or vice versa? It looks much like the way my car did after a deer hit me.

I don't know anything really about analyzing accidents...but could it be that he hit something stationary? A pole?

PS- is it "usual" for the police not to release the cause of death (as it says in the linked article)?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...gation-continues/story-e6freuzr-1226384047275

OK so I saw that car and got goose bumps. I recently hit a very large kangaroo - as big as a person - I'd guess the same height and weight. I hit it at 60kms p/h. Check out the comparison between my car and GBC's...
Just sayin'! And there's not much paint missing - which there would be if he'd hit a pylon/wall/another car as opposed to something soft.
All speculation, not accusing or saying anything happened, but you've got to see the similarity. All my opinion of course.
There's only really wallaby's in Brookfield, very rare to see a big roo (I wasn't in Brooky when I hit it). Keep in mind I've cable tied my bumper up so it wouldn't hang down like his car - but it was hanging down like that.
889649-baden-clay.jpg

LIZCAR011.jpg

LIZCAR009.jpg
OMG Zook...that's exactly what I just asked!! GMTA

From previous thread after I asked "what do you think he's hit"....

jubillee replied...By the looks of it I would guess he has hit something like a 4wd.
It has a very deep centered impact. (does that make sense?)lol.
-------------------------

I'd love to know if there's any damage on rear of the Captiva...it's still in impound it seems

Yes, great supposition! If this damage happened on the night and G is now driving it in public, the conclusion I would reach is that he knows his days are numbered and doesn't care any more. A beaten man who is using his last days of freedom to tie up loose ends on his business and spend time with his family. He has gone beyond caring what anyone thinks!! This is what lead me to think he wouldn't be driving it if the car was damaged on the night of disappearance, if that makes sense!

jubillee replied...By the looks of it I would guess he has hit something like a 4wd.

I'd love to know if there's any damage on rear of the Captiva...it's still in impound it seems

Just a thought....

If he turned his lights off so that he could not be seen near the bridge he could have collided with the guide rail in his panic.
There is a ding in the guardrail near bridge.....do not know for sure when this photo was taken. Click picture and zoom in.

Why is he driving around in a defective vehicle?

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiecriminals/7127179265/"]closer | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

OK so I saw that car and got goose bumps. I recently hit a very large kangaroo - as big as a person - I'd guess the same height and weight. I hit it at 60kms p/h. Check out the comparison between my car and GBC's...
Just sayin'! And there's not much paint missing - which there would be if he'd hit a pylon/wall/another car as opposed to something soft.
All speculation, not accusing or saying anything happened, but you've got to see the similarity. All my opinion of course.
There's only really wallaby's in Brookfield, very rare to see a big roo (I wasn't in Brooky when I hit it). Keep in mind I've cable tied my bumper up so it wouldn't hang down like his car - but it was hanging down like that.

Thanks for the pics (sorry to see your car though, damn!), it's quite eerie how similar the damage is! The only thing that has me curious is the marks on GBC's bonnet, apart from that the damage appears almost exactly the same (except it appears GBC may have been travelling faster...or hit something bigger/heavier).

Were your airbags activated?

Thanks for the pics (sorry to see your car though, damn!), it's quite eerie how similar the damage is! The only thing that has me curious is the marks on GBC's bonnet, apart from that the damage appears almost exactly the same (except it appears GBC may have been travelling faster...or hit something bigger/heavier).

Were your airbags activated?

I thought those 'marks' on the bonnet were reflections off the roof - if anyone knows Toowong parking under GBC's new work you'll know what the roof looks like!

My airbags were not deployed. And all in the car were OK, thankfully!

EDIT: My airbags were not deployed because it was not a front on impact - I swerved a bit to avoid the brunt of the roo and it clipped the side.

I'd say he's not go it fixed because he's just got it back and has no other car! I'm driving mine like that until I can borrow another car.

EDIT AGAIN!: I should think more before I post so I don't have to keep editing! BUT... the people saying she was hit by a car may have been saying so as this was definately the strongest rumour going around Brookfield at the time. When GBC crashed the car (in a place where he really must have been stupid to hit - almost intentional?) it was thought that it was TM's car, and that he crashed it to hide previous damage from hitting ABC. That rumour was quashed later when it came out that it wasn't TM's car, but I know it was common thought in the area.

Yes, and if the car had sustained damage that night, he would have been very panicked. IMO, it would have been way too suss if he had 'put the car somewhere else' to avoid the police seeing it, therefore IMO he HAD to leave it at home. The question would have been 'missing wife AND missing car?'
IF it happened this way, he couldn't really hide it because it would have all come out that it was somewhere else, and a panel beater would have guessed what COULD have happened. So IMO he would have been STUCK with a damaged car. This could be one of the things the police thought suss that morning.
The more I hear and see, the worse it looks for GBC IMO

The following is all MOO!

All interesting points Linette and I agree, not looking so good for the driver/owner?!

Some things are falling into place for me: the immediate suspicion of attending officers, the persistent focus throughout the investigation so far for any witnesses of the 'family vehicles' to come forward.

Nicely spotted Indromum! Though I don't condone putting oneself at risk, I realise that you just happened to be there.

In response to why is he driving it in that condition?, You'd have to wonder when he's actually had a chance to get it fixed, if it has been impounded for a while. Judging by the damage photos, it would still be roadworthy as well.

On another point, If it was deemed as solid evidence, would it have been released at all?

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Is the Captiva damaged and that's why it was backed into the carport instend of just driving into the carport front first?

QPS photos of both cars released early on were taken in a way that the public could not see the front of the Prado and the rear of the Captiva.

Was one car chasing the other around the roundabout?

In response to why is he driving it in that condition?, You'd have to wonder when he's actually had a chance to get it fixed, if it has been impounded for a while. Judging by the damage photos, it would still be roadworthy as well.

On another point, If it was deemed as solid evidence, would it have been released at all?

This has crossed my mind too. Considering no one has been charged, it seems like a big risk to release it without knowing exactly what happened to it. IMO the car is not the "murder weapon", but this mans apparent run of "bad luck" gets more and more intriguing.

If they've released the Prado...I wonder where the Captiva is? Fancy a trip to the impound lot Indromum? ;)

I thought those 'marks' on the bonnet were reflections off the roof - if anyone knows Toowong parking under GBC's new work you'll know what the roof looks like!

My airbags were not deployed. And all in the car were OK, thankfully!

EDIT: My airbags were not deployed because it was not a front on impact - I swerved a bit to avoid the brunt of the roo and it clipped the side.

I'd say he's not go it fixed because he's just got it back and has no other car! I'm driving mine like that until I can borrow another car.

EDIT AGAIN!: I should think more before I post so I don't have to keep editing! BUT... the people saying she was hit by a car may have been saying so as this was definately the strongest rumour going around Brookfield at the time. When GBC crashed the car (in a place where he really must have been stupid to hit - almost intentional?) it was thought that it was TM's car, and that he crashed it to hide previous damage from hitting ABC. That rumour was quashed later when it came out that it wasn't TM's car, but I know it was common thought in the area.

Thanks for the info! I do think the marks (above the light) are from the impact though, as there also appears to be damage where they are.

IMO, I may be saved from airbags in an accident, but I think the act of them being deployed may give me heart attack! Glad yours weren't set off.

The dented car is a great new lead! Well done Indromum

Eg If ABC left the house voluntarily after GBC went to bed, perhaps ABC had a crash - maybe even into the guard rail on the bridge -

I think gbc left house after their fight at home. Snuck out moo .meets up with lover and they go off somewhere in his car .
Allison notices him gone later that night, 2am maybe, and goes out in her prado to find him. She does find him and his lover and follows him and lover trying to get him to pullover so she can confront them and his cheating. She runs into his car because she doesn't care anymore about him anymore ( she finished with marriage cars business etc) and later the guardrail at thebridge. He gets out, narcisstic rage and murders her at the bridge.
I bet his car has got dings in the back of it from Allison running into him. lover in passenger side with him?
I am not saying Allison caused this I am saying she caught him out finally and needs to confront this so she can leave him without shame or guilt.

Allison RIP xx

I'm confused. {nothing new} So, is the Captiva still impounded?

Wow, very disturbing, but interesting to see the damage to the Prado.

I wonder if Indromum noticed the damage when she spotted the car the other day?

Zookyliz, thanks so much for your pics, and KeenTo Know, for your pic of the ding in the guard rail - very helpful, great sleuthing! Is that the side of the bridge that the body was found under?

Of course it's hard to tell what was actually hit with the Prado - Allison, guard rail on bridge, or something else.

Initially I thought it's too much damage to be a person, but I guess it depends on the speed at impact. Anyone have an idea what the average Kangaroo would weigh? I would have thought over 100kg, but maybe not. (just trying to get an idea of damage to Zookyliz's car vs damage from hitting a person)

I'm confused. {nothing new} So, is the Captiva still impounded?

We can only assume, but the day Indromum spotted the Prado it had been released in the media that both cars were still impounded. Obviously the Prado was released, but no word on the Captiva; so IMO police still have it.

IMO the damage to the Prado was not caused by hitting a person or a large animal. The telling bit is the large long scratch on the side. IMO it was caused by an object.

I would think that QPS have been kept very busy with this case! It seems to have more components than we originally thought. If the Captiva is still impounded (which seems to be the case) and if it has some damage to the rear, I doubt it will be realeased any time soon. QPS wouldn't want to fuel the rumour mill any more than it's necessary.

:skip: Hear Ye, Hear Ye - to all you good people of the forum :skip:

Let it be known that there is one amongst us who stands head and shoulders above the crowd. The fair maid known to us all as Indromum:goldstar:, this day is awarded the Order of the Purple Garter :goldcrown: and may we all bow down to her sleuthing ability, her commitment and ingenuity, and to her sheer doggedness to the call of Truth and Justice for Allison :justice:
and let this be a reminder :flashback: to all you naysayers and blatherskyters that you can't put a good woman down!

:fireworks:

IMO

This has crossed my mind too. Considering no one has been charged, it seems like a big risk to release it without knowing exactly what happened to it. IMO the car is not the "murder weapon", but this mans apparent run of "bad luck" gets more and more intriguing.

If they've released the Prado...I wonder where the Captiva is? Fancy a trip to the impound lot Indromum? ;)

I am pretty sure QPS knows what happened and how the Prado was damaged. Someone reported seeing police officers taking some sort of measurements at the bridge railings a few weeks ago. I believe the car has been released because they don't need to do any further tests on it.

Just a thought....

If he turned his lights off so that he could not be seen near the bridge he could have collided with the guide rail in his panic.
There is a ding in the guardrail near bridge.....do not know for sure when this photo was taken. Click picture and zoom in.

Why is he driving around in a defective vehicle?

closer | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Not sure I'm seeing part of guardrail you mean. Do you mean on the left hand side of road coming onto bridge, where it looks a bit more curved than it should be. Just wondering if there would be more damage to guardrail if this prang happened there if that is where you mean?

Definitely a possibility though and forensics would be able to prove it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname