Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly Willough...after all this time not one local peeped a word about that car until yesterday after the photo was released.

Sheeez there's been a local mention GBC had blood shot eyes one morning before Allison disappeared.....how they could tell that I don't know...lol... but you'd expect them to notice a major dingle bingle on the Prado.

I don't agree, no one was speculating about damage to the car. Everyone was more interested in what the police found inside forensically and we have all speculated that the car was used for transport. NO ONE mentioned accidents, so there was no reason to bring up the damage. If I knew the family and knew about the Prados damage I wouldn't bring it up unless it became focus in media reports either. What's the point? He would have an accident report to prove when the accident took place anyway! Seeing any damage over $1500 needs to be reported. 2 panels and a bumper, that's expensive.

For those of you talking about Suzukis.
There is the Suzuki Jimny
Suzuki Vitari
Suzuki Sierra

The Jimny is the smallest, they are TINY but all 3 are true 4WD's

But wouldn't an Older man walking the streets and sitting at a bus shelter in the middle of the night be noted by people? I guess theres no car make or model or numberplates to refer to..but still.. JMO

I guess in some circumstances you won't have time to think, you just have to do what you can. Might have been the best option at the time.

Caviar, please use the verification process that has been mentioned many times. Cheers!

Kimster, please feel free to move my post to rumours thread or delete as I'm not wanting to become verified. I am not the 'Insider'. My dear friend is, and she quite understandly does not want her details disclosed as part of the verification process.

I think Whatif has made a good point that is a possiblity UT. If you didn't want to use your own car and you wanted to be picked up late at night, what would look more suspicious to someone driving by - sitting at a bus stop or waiting in a sidestreet?

Whatif, if the story about the man at the bus-stop is related to this case, you have given me food for thought about why he chose to sit at the bus-stop.
Thank you.

My point was sitting in a bus shelter OR waiting in a side street(not my words)- I actually said walking the street..as he would have had to walk from their house. I was putting the question out as whatif said if NBC didn't wanted vehicle movement noted(and I wasn't realizing whatif meant by NBC neighbours), that could be why he walked. My question or thought was, but wouldn't an older man walking the streets or sitting in a bus stop in the middle of the night ALSO be noted. (I would anyway, and would be concerned for their welfare).

I guess in some circumstances you won't have time to think, you just have to do what you can. Might have been the best option at the time.

thanks, I was just putting out an alternative thought to the theory, or a question on it.

Editing, as I think I interpretted things differently to what was said. Thanks Mani, Linette and Marlywings..:tyou:.. It is easy to misinterpret things and I know on the whole we are all genuine people trying to work out what happened to Allison. (At times we may disagree, but I think we all mean well and sometimes just have to agree to disagree and respect each other, which I think for the most part people do)

My husband had a fender bender a few months back. 1 panel damaged almost $700.
I don't know who is GBCs insurer but by the time the cover application was accepted and it was booked in, it was 4-6 weeks. I didn't even know it had been fixed, he had to remind me he'd even had an accident.

I don't agree, no one was speculating about damage to the car. Everyone was more interested in what the police found inside forensically and we have all speculated that the car was used for transport. NO ONE mentioned accidents, so there was no reason to bring up the damage. If I knew the family and knew about the Prados damage I wouldn't bring it up unless it became focus in media reports either. What's the point? He would have an accident report to prove when the accident took place anyway! Seeing any damage over $1500 needs to be reported. 2 panels and a bumper, that's expensive.

For those of you talking about Suzukis.
There is the Suzuki Jimny
Suzuki Vitari
Suzuki Sierra

The Jimny is the smallest, they are TINY but all 3 are true 4WD's

Thanks true.. I couldn't think of the names of the 4wd. I was thinking of a Sierra. Caviar mentioned GBC hitting a blue suzuki swift and I got it confused thinking about a Suzuki Sierra.

Kimster has posted about it a ways back today.

Ok, so I've looked through a whole bunch of her posts and can't find it. So if anyone can enlighten me (or point me in the right direction to find the information) I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm curious because I want to know what kind of "weight" to put behind statements of verified insiders. :)

Or can someone point me to where the thread is where we ask such questions. I'm lost in the land of websleuths!!! ;)

Originally Posted by Thinking
I've always thought this too Mani. It just doesn't make any sense. As you say - why would he not drive his car? And if he didn't want to drive, why would GBC not just pick him up in Durness St, which is much more discreet than the roundabout and relatively close?

I was thinking that the only reason he might wait at the bus shelter is if, eg, he had been out drinking/at the pub/out somewhere that night when GBC called him, so he got a taxi to the roundabout so he was at an easy spot to be picked up (and maybe didn't want his wife to know at that point) - but really this is all a bit far-fetched and I find it very difficult to believe.

originally posted by Whatif?
I think they didn't want any vehicle movement noted by the neighbours so NBC walked to the roundabout to wait for GBC to pick him up. IMO

Thinking, thank you but Whatif's suggestion makes sense to me as previously I have not been able to make sense of this sighting. I kept thinking they would use their cars.

Could Bikerchic or Squizzey indicate the location/which side of the road the bus stop is thanks.

Edited because my delete function doesn't work. :)

Ok, so I've looked through a whole bunch of her posts and can't find it. So if anyone can enlighten me (or point me in the right direction to find the information) I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm curious because I want to know what kind of "weight" to put behind statements of verified insiders. :)

Or can someone point me to where the thread is where we ask such questions. I'm lost in the land of websleuths!!! ;)

This may help rhb...

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thinking, thank you but Whatif's suggestion makes sense to me as previously I have not been able to make sense of this sighting. I kept thinking they would use their cars.

Could Bikerchic or Squizzey indicate the location/which side of the road the bus stop is thanks.

I mentioned somewhere in this thread also whether the NBC car could have been parked somewhere out of view in a car park? Just a question, please don't jump on me for asking.

Go up to posts 648 and 659 Cheers

Thanks, CC. That's where I'm confused. Hawkins mentioned fluorescent powder is used often on metals not dark powder, plus no one actually queried fingerprint powder until after Hawkin's comment. Unless it was in the post that mum73 later said was strangely deleted from the thread (?).

After your comment above, I searched this thread and the last thread for any mention of "bonnet" or "fingerprint". I could still have missed something, so sorry if I have :)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for......hope it helps

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8010273#post8010273"]Australia Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi Mani,
The bus stop is on the LHS as you drive out towards Kholo Creek. This is the stop adjacent to the Kenmore State School pool.

Secondly, to walk from NBC's home in Durness Street to that particular bus stop is quite a hike and a lot of uphill (up Kilkivan Ave), so I sincerely doubt that he got there via walking.

Thirdly with the insider/verified posts...what I posted today and that has been removed is true. I did PM Kimster to ask her about the verification process. I'm not entirely comfortable with this either.

Cheers
Bikerchick

edited in line with line with edit to quoted post

Its ok. I understand. I was just trying to emphasise that I wasn't picking at the posters post, Just putting a thought out there.

Just one of those days..no offence taken. :)

I mentioned somewhere in this thread also whether the NBC car could have been parked somewhere out of view in a car park? Just a question, please don't jump on me for asking.

Yes, I was thinking that too. My first thought was that his car could have been parked closeby out of sight.

Hi Unfolding, I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility. My only concern with the senior BCs is has there been a police statement made by them? Forensic testing of their vehicles? They do have a shed on the RHS of their home. Nothing has been reported as such but the whole thing is just so suss.

I think Whatif has made a good point that is a possiblity UT. If you didn't want to use your own car and you wanted to be picked up late at night, what would look more suspicious to someone driving by - sitting at a bus stop or waiting in a sidestreet?

Whatif, if the story about the man at the bus-stop is related to this case, you have given me food for thought about why he chose to sit at the bus-stop.
Thank you.

Thanks Mani, glad to help. I think if he wore dark clothes and walked the back streets as much as possible, there is only a short distance (near the roundabout) to be visible to any passing traffic. This makes sense to me if you didn't want the neighbours to hear cars coming and going in the middle of the night. Maybe thats why he was sitting there when seen to regather his senses before heading home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti