Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad! I wonder how long it takes for little children to sort of get back to a more normal life without necessarily thinking about their mother too much and too often.

This thought kills me inside - I just couldn't imagine life being normal without my dear mum around and I have my own teenage kids. Those poor little darlings my heart just breaks for them!

Thank this post if you are done discussing the geocache poster and complaining about other posters, other websites and this website. This would be because if you have a concern about outing a poster or something happening at another website or you have suggestions about changing this website, you are going to contact administration instead of arguing amongst yourselves and throwing this thread off topic.

There was a report I read after the crash on 24th April ....I'll keep looking for it but so far that report seems to have disappeared or has been replaced with this one which has time stamp of 6:52PM. The one I read I am positive was earlier than this.

Mr Baden-Clay is recovering from a car accident which occurred just two days after his wife was reported missing.

He was taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital after crashing his car outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, in Brisbane’s west on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Baden-Clay suffered very minor injuries after crashing into the bus terminal at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.

"It hurt a little bit but I'm okay," he told Channel 9.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

My opinion only, but perhaps he acted all suicidal, saying the accident was an attempt on his life (geez) and they put him in the psych ward for a couple of days? Time to get his thoughts together.

No quick arrest? - Sometimes police hands are tied as to what they can do regarding arresting someone. There was a case discussed on TV news last night, where Federal Police could not stop someone leaving the country, because "they did not have enough admissible evidence that would stand up in court" in order to stop the main suspect leaving and/or securing an arrest. IMO this is what may be the situation with this case now.

Just going back through old reports...I don't recall this ever being mentioned...

April 27, 2012

Mr Baden-Clay claimed he said a brief goodbye to his 43-year-old wife as she left their rural Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, to go for a walk about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

He has said he woke the next morning to find her missing and dialled triple-0 about 7.30am.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz1x9gcbVcf

My opinion only, but perhaps he acted all suicidal, saying the accident was an attempt on his life (geez) and they put him in the psych ward for a couple of days? Time to get his thoughts together.

And leave the girls with a mother missing (presumed to be the victim of an unlawful homicide) and a father in hospital who was in his own words 'only a little bit hurt'! Words fail me.....

Lol now none of us has anything to say! On another note is anyone going to cricket match at Brookfield show grounds?

Just going back through old reports...I don't recall this ever being mentioned...

April 27, 2012

Mr Baden-Clay claimed he said a brief goodbye to his 43-year-old wife as she left their rural Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, to go for a walk about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

He has said he woke the next morning to find her missing and dialled triple-0 about 7.30am.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz1x9gcbVcf
I think this may be journalistic license!! Never seen this before

April 27, 2012

Thanks, I had not read this before. In here GBC also thanks everybody for their efforts, prayers, etc. and requests privacy.

A couple of references in reports re car crash/hospital...

Family's painful plea for missing mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay
by: Kris Crane and Brittany Vonow
April 24, 2012 12:00AM

Mr Baden-Clay is in hospital after reportedly suffering a breakdown
--------------------

Missing mum Allison Baden-Clay's husband Gerard leaves hospital after car crash
by: Alison Sandy, Kris Crane
April 24, 2012 11:06AM

THE husband of missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay is recovering from a car accident which occurred just two days after his wife was reported missing.
Gerard Baden-Clay was taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital after crashing his car outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, in Brisbane’s west on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Baden-Clay suffered very minor injuries after crashing into the bus terminal at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.

It’s understood he was wearing a seatbelt when the single vehicle accident occurred on the corner of Musgrave and Station roads.

His injuries are unknown and he has since left hospital.

Inspector Mark Laing confirmed Mr Baden-Clay did have a traffic accident and had been taken to hospital.

Meanwhile, a Department of Community Safety spokesman confirmed paramedics treated a man (Mr Baden-Clay) on Sunday afternoon after he crashed his car into a bus station outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre on Musgrave Rd.

He said the man suffered "very minor injuries".

"He was treated with very minor injuries and initially had sore ribs," the DCS spokesman said.

"He was taken to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Baden-Clay.htm

Yes a lot of "he said"...very little "police said"...two entirely different things in my opinion.

I don't know if there was journalistic licence o not, but if the press is talking directly to him, then it will be "he said"... and it doesn't mean it's not true IMO.

April 27, 2012

never seen this before. wonder if is imaginary reporting

Yes a lot of "he said"...very little "police said"...two entirely different things in my opinion.

The more i think about it(and I think about very little else these days :banghead:) is that his behaviour is either just totally self absorbed and callous (going to bed when his wife is out alone in the dark walking, apparently sleeping through and waking up and instead of going looking himself ringing the police saying she is missing) or totally cold and calculated (hiring a lawyer, crashing a car and beng away from the girls when their mum AND his wife are missing, 'having a breakdown', hiring a barrister all whilst his wife has not been found, staying away from the command posts, being at work when his wife's body is found etc etc etc).

Thanks, I had not read this before. In here GBC also thanks everybody for their efforts, prayers, etc. and requests privacy.

How absolutely horrible will this sound though if he's the one responsible.

Hello Springbok & welcome...

Could it be he used the Indro crash as a delaying tactic to avoid talking to police until he'd spoken with others who may have been involved in the murder, to make sure their "stories" all matched up.

The crash was on Sunday, 22nd April...he wasn't released from hospital until Tuesday, 24th...that's a lot of time in which to make numerous phone calls. Perhaps even used a hospital phone or a friends phone as by that stage police would have had his phone.

....just my opinion

i remember reading he was kept in hospital two nights too, it was early on, but dont remember if it was a rumour or actual fact. i remember thinking what a joke, hes playing on the temporary insanity plea, and someone here commented at least having a hospital stay he would be thoroughly checked over and they would see and document all his scratches and bruises and alleged footprint on his chest. moo

Disgusting sentence!

It is disgusting!

6 years! This man is 24. He took a life - horrific! At 30 he still has his life ahead of him. I am all for retributive justice, and will probably get slammed for saying this. I am well aware it will not be a 'life for a life' but punishment should fit the crime. We have heard of provocation being used by the defence previously on this thread. The law needs an overhaul!

I certainly hope that this is not used in Allison's case!

It is disgusting!

6 years! This man is 24. He took a life - horrific! At 30 he still has his life ahead of him. I am all for retributive justice, and will probably get slammed for saying this. I am well aware it will not be a 'life for a life' but punishment should fit the crime. We have heard of provocation being used by the defence previously on this thread. The law needs an overhaul!

I certainly hope that this is not used in Allison's case!

Agree ... and the Laws definitely need an overhaul (incl. Family Law!)

maybe this is where the talk of a two night hospital stay started
the courier mail printed news of his hospital release on the 24th april two days after he had his accident on april 22nd with these headlines-
Missing mum Allison Baden-Clay's husband Gerard leaves hospital after car crash and talks about disappearance
link to www.couriermail.com.au

by: Alison Sandy, Kris Crane
April 24, 2012 6:52PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads