Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online plea for husband from Allison Baden-Clay's in-laws

by: David Murray and Thomas Chamberlin From: The Sunday Mail (Qld) June 10, 2012 12:00AM
Re the plea, IMO what a bunch of baloney! Predicting the skeletons rattling in the BC cupboard, ironically before the affair became public knowledge.
Do we believe all in the paper without thinking critically.....I hope not. The same applies to his publications in social media.......critical thinking. IMHO they should still maintain a united front to not speak to the media....regarding everything, including business. Otherwise, critical thinkers may detect hypocrisy.....

The CM's latest story smacks of desperation. Even if the pastor hadn't written this SIX WEEKS ago, it is still of the "Someone in the Baden-Clay family said something - wrap a story around it!" mould. Do newspapers really think readers are so stupid? I guess so. The irony is that it's the CM that looks stupid for not seeing that the pastor was really having a go at the media for trading in the rumours and gossip, not at the rumour mill itself. MOO.

I see it as the pastor looking rather foolish as the media has been very restrained, and the salacious gossip was true anyway. And the family looking suspicious for taking an agreement to be silent, when they should be helping out. I'm not saying this is true, but I think that's how it will read to a suspicious public. Also, it shows that the affair was known within the family, which is also not a good look.

I wouldn't be surprised if, despite police and legal restrictions on the CM they didn't have a little agreement with the QPS to keep the media profile high on this case, and to exert a little pressure on the main players.

Could it mean even though there were No Signs.....the police still KNOW there has been foul play ?

Yes, this is what I think. They surely knew something to be calling it a murder.

The CM's latest story smacks of desperation. Even if the pastor hadn't written this SIX WEEKS ago, it is still of the "Someone in the Baden-Clay family said something - wrap a story around it!" mould. Do newspapers really think readers are so stupid? I guess so. The irony is that it's the CM that looks stupid for not seeing that the pastor was really having a go at the media for trading in the rumours and gossip, not at the rumour mill itself. MOO.

I think we have to remember that the reporter from the CM may have a lot more information than what has been released to the public. They may actually know who the perp is from their informants in QPS, but they cannot release that info at this stage. Therefore, I believe they are trying to keep this case "alive in the media" by publishing whatever they can (even if it means someone's FB writings of 6 weeks ago). If I remember correctly, they did apparently speak to the Pastor recently and maybe he gave his agreement to publish this now? IMO.

Exactly, the key is the wording. They did not say there was "no foul play" ... they said there were "no signs" of foul play on the body at that point in time (discovery of it).

Yes it could also mean that she was strangled or drowned and those signs would have been primarily internal even though there may have been bruising from the strangulation but that may have been difficult to detect depending on the state of the body when found and level of decomposition. So no obvious external wounds but probably other factors that meant the QPS sustained their previously stated view that it was unlawful homicide. IMOO

A nice little relationship happening between the Baptists and the LNP.

Former Brookfield resident and, as he told me directly during the recent state election campaign (I am in his electorate), father to 7 and former teacher at a Baptist Bible College, the newly elected government deputy Speaker, Mark Robinson.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/members/current/list/bio?member=Robinson+Mark

He has a Diploma of Divinity.

I am not suggesting anything untoward, just pointing out an interesting coincidence and yet another Baden-Clay/Walton/LNP and now Baptist connection.

http://www.news.com.au/national/baden-clay-arrives-at-police-station/story-e6frfkvr-1226342226057

IMO it means no visible wounds, like several gun shot wounds, stabbing wounds, something tied around the neck, big holes in the head from being hit with a metal bar, etc.

.... and probably fully clothed. i.e. not a victim of a random sex attack

A nice little relationship happening between the Baptists and the LNP.

Former Brookfield resident and, as he told me directly during the recent state election campaign (I am in his electorate), father to 7 and former teacher at a Baptist Bible College, the newly elected government deputy Speaker, Mark Robinson.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/members/current/list/bio?member=Robinson+Mark

He has a Diploma of Divinity.

I am not suggesting anything untoward, just pointing out an interesting coincidence and yet another Baden-Clay/Walton/LNP and now Baptist connection.

Maybe they changed religions somewhere along the way as seems they were Anglicans.....

May 12, 2012

Had things become too difficult the couple could always have turned to Mr Baden-Clay senior who worked alongside the pair in the real estate business and who as a marriage enhancement facilitator, had been intimately involved with helping couples through his directorship of the Anglican Marriage Encounter Australia Ltd - a now defunct program which organised couples to spend a weekend where they learned to communicate again and strengthen their marriages through talking to counsellors.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz1xMCpt7bF

From Thinking p 42 last thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy
What about the above scenario BUT... By the time the police arrive (after being called by neighbors) Alison is already dead. When police arrive,GBC says 'No officer-no disturbance here. I'm on my own. My wife has just gone out for a walk.' Then has to wait some time to call family members to come and assist in cover up and hatches plan of supposed suicide. Then has to call police in morning to say that she didn't return from her walk and this is why police are immediately suspicious. IMO
Yes I have wondered about this scenario too! But I don't think the police would just accept his word if a neighbor had reported a disturbance (eg the police would go looking for her I would think). However, it might explain the early reports that the police believed she may have died as early as 8pm?

Edit to add: I see Fuskier beat me to it. You have to be quick around here!
Last edited by Thinking; Today at 11:59 AM. Reason: Adding comment

Thinking I was just reading over some of the last days comments (yes I really should get a life!) and just looking at this post I think that would tie in with the post that suggested a police officer had been stood down. Maybe the police attended, GBCin his best real estate 'trust me I am your best friend' manner said ' it is all ok the wife has calmed down and is having a bath, dont really want to get her out, see you officer' (all true except she was no longer alive)
The QPS do not like attending to DV incidents as it rarely produces an outcome ie victims do usually not proceed with charges or DVOs.

When all hell broke loose the next morning the question would have been asked if the QPS did attend the house 'did you see Alisson?' Ooops

... As I am not a religious believer and I don't trust politicians ... :waitasec:

Quote:
What about the above scenario BUT... By the time the police arrive (after being called by neighbors) Alison is already dead. When police arrive,GBC says 'No officer-no disturbance here. I'm on my own. My wife has just gone out for a walk.' Then has to wait some time to call family members to come and assist in cover up and hatches plan of supposed suicide. Then has to call police in morning to say that she didn't return from her walk and this is why police are immediately suspicious. IMO
Yes I have wondered about this scenario too! But I don't think the police would just accept his word if a neighbor had reported a disturbance (eg the police would go looking for her I would think). However, it might explain the early reports that the police believed she may have died as early as 8pm?

Thinking I was just reading over some of the last days comments (yes I really should get a life!) and just looking at this post I think that would tie in with the post that suggested a police officer had been stood down. Maybe the police attended, GBCin his best real estate 'trust me I am your best friend' manner said ' it is all ok the wife has calmed down and is having a bath, dont really want to get her out, see you officer' (all true except she was no longer alive)
The QPS do not like attending to DV incidents as it rarely produces an outcome ie victims do usually not proceed with charges or DVOs.

When all hell broke loose the next morning the question would have been asked if the QPS did attend the house 'did you see Alisson?' Ooops

Don't know ... one poster (who said she was a police officer for 10 years) I think indicated previously that if there is a call to a DV incident, the police will not leave until they ensure everybody is okay. Also, in the last thread, another poster indicated they had not said the police officer being stood down was one of the officers involved in this investigation.

IMO Allison was still alive and (outwardly) well when the police left (if in fact there was a call that Thursday night, which I believe is quite feasible).

I see it as the pastor looking rather foolish as the media has been very restrained, and the salacious gossip was true anyway. And the family looking suspicious for taking an agreement to be silent, when they should be helping out. I'm not saying this is true, but I think that's how it will read to a suspicious public. Also, it shows that the affair was known within the family, which is also not a good look.

I wouldn't be surprised if, despite police and legal restrictions on the CM they didn't have a little agreement with the QPS to keep the media profile high on this case, and to exert a little pressure on the main players.

I agree...
When the CM does get the okay pastor and others will get more publicity than they care for. You might even get pics of perps new house.:jail:

Could even get a middle page spread.....He is right things will get worse. Waltz with the media and you waltz with the devil.....at the same time give crime reporters a tick for their restraints.:what:

Quote:

I understand what some posters are saying re:duty of care and police not leaving until sighting Allison but as you have suggested perhaps they trusted GBC for whatever reason and perhaps as some have suggested the neighbors are so far away that they could not pinpoint exactly where screams had come from so they had no real evidence that it was definitely from Baden Clay house and they were just visiting houses in the vicinity.

Because of whatever observations they made at the home and their other enquiries before the body was found, etc. There were no visible signs of foul play when they found the body, but their investigation up to that point in time lead them to believe she had been murdered somehow. They didn't know how, but they did know she was murdered.

Unless the police have evidence of that what they presume - then there is no case. If the body has no visible signs of foul play then it does not matter what the secenero was - they have no case to go on no matter how much they dig.. They needed the body to have some sign of foul play to go ahead with what they presume was a murder. They don't really know she was murdered - they only think the signs point to it but that is nothing as it won't hold up in court. We often think things are one way - and then we find out later it is a totally different story. No foul play is not a good sign for some closure here - I certainly do not think ABC dropped dead - she was too young to die of natural causes - she must have died of something.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/police-step-up-search-for-mother-of-three-allison-baden-clay-missing-in-brookfield/story-e6freoof-1226335681703

23rd April 2012
"Insp Gundry refused to comment on the suggestion of a disturbance at the home on the night of Ms Baden-Clay's disappearance."

Also does anyone have the link to the full police press conference when Allison's body was found? There was a reporter asking about her car being returned at 11 o'clock as though there was knowledge that the car had gone out at some point that night.

JMO but I do think there was an argument. By the time the Police arrived Allison was dead - may have been a push and a fall/ drowning or whatever. GBC came to door told them that everything was fine. Said he had gone to bed at 10pm Allison was watching TV. Where was she now? Not sure - she may have gone out. ( Question is - was he car there or not at this point?) If not maybe she went for a walk. Anyhow all enough to make the Police concerned enough to follow up the next morning IMO. THis would also explain the confused reports in the press.

He had perhaps been working out how to make it look like an accident but the police attendance threw him - they would discover that the time of death was prior to them coming to the door.

They may have come back later. Panic - phones a friend/family member and asks for help on what to do - decided the body has to be moved.

Could they make it look like a car crash? Suicide? Random attack? Decide the best plan is to make the body disappear.

Others now implicated - only way to avoid anyone being charged is a pact for everyone involved to remain silent on the matter.

I think the press release regarding Ian Walton's comments may be to put pressure on that branch of the family. Would not want to publicly be shamed by family connection to an adulterer and murderer. again JMO

Unless the police have evidence of that what they presume - then there is no case. If the body has no visible signs of foul play then it does not matter what the secenero was - they have no case to go on no matter how much they dig.. They needed the body to have some sign of foul play to go ahead with what they presume was a murder. They don't really know she was murdered - they only think the signs point to it but that is nothing as it won't hold up in court. We often think things are one way - and then we find out later it is a totally different story. No foul play is not a good sign for some closure here - I certainly do not think ABC dropped dead - she was too young to die of natural causes - she must have died of something.

Coffeechick
They said: no visible signs of foul play there still could be other signs of foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels