Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - have been watching for a few days and now have the chance to share some more thoughts. Have been very interested to see your thought processes (minus the bickering - which btw if any of the family are following this, they would be loving, as it may lead to us getting closed down)....

Would be interested to hear thoughts on the following and very keen to hear if you don't agree as I do not want to be right!:

1. The Kenmore roundabout. A few posters have suggested that maybe some type of "transaction" or "exchange" was occurring there, which is why police are calling for witnesses. I cannot see why on earth anyone would do this at the Kenmore roundabout, the most well lit and public/busy places in Kenmore - there are so many dark streets and bush around. I think perhaps something did happen though - perhaps a car went round the roundabout a few times in indecision?

2. I am kind of stuck on the whole roundabout thing. As many people have said, it just isn't the logical way to go from the GBC residence to Kholo Creek, especially if you were in a hurry and not wanting to be noticed. Perhaps ABC was driving to GBC's offices in Taringa? Or perhaps GBC was driving home from Taringa at that time? Perhaps they are just trying to catch him in a lie, it mightn't be that anything sinister actually happened at the roundabout....your thoughts?

3. My thoughts are starting to lean towards it being something to do with GBC's business. This was obviously struggling and appearances seemed to mean a great deal to him (I don't know him personally but am a local) - perhaps ABC did discover something fraudulent was going on - thus wanting to go to the office at that late hour....?

4. I am also concerned about the children - I believe that if they go back home to that house with them alone, and everyone allows it, then we have to accept the fact that he isn't going to be arrested. I cannot fathom how the family and/or authorities could allow this to happen at present when there is such a big question mark over his head - thus, if the kids go with him, I reckon he is out of the frame. I'm hoping my theory is correct and thus they are working hard to make the arrest before the living situation becomes an issue. I don't think I'm being over the top - surely they wouldn't allow the children to be back in his custody solely, if they thought he was a murderer?

5. All the public interest in this case has made me think more than once of the pedophile case here a few years back - Ferguson I think - you may recall that the case against him was jeopardised as it was successfully argued that he could not possibly get a fair trial, given the rallying of the public against him and they could not find an unbaised juror - I guess we should be careful about this.

Let's get some more thoughts and discussions out there.

Ooh, just a thought, I wonder if he'd been on any type of medication prior to Allison's murder???
Also, I wonder if any blood tests will show if a person is taking medication, like antidepressant or anti anxiety medication. Because I'm sure at the hospital they would have at least considered medicating him. Also, could the effects of any medication have affected his behaviour while being interviewed by the media where his behaviour seemed weird?

Some of those mess also cause drowsiness, especially when you first start taking them. Quoted off a label: do not operate machinery or drive a motor vehicle if effected

Hi all - have been watching for a few days and now have the chance to share some more thoughts. Have been very interested to see your thought processes (minus the bickering - which btw if any of the family are following this, they would be loving, as it may lead to us getting closed down)....

Would be interested to hear thoughts on the following and very keen to hear if you don't agree as I do not want to be right!:

1. The Kenmore roundabout. A few posters have suggested that maybe some type of "transaction" or "exchange" was occurring there, which is why police are calling for witnesses. I cannot see why on earth anyone would do this at the Kenmore roundabout, the most well lit and public/busy places in Kenmore - there are so many dark streets and bush around. I think perhaps something did happen though - perhaps a car went round the roundabout a few times in indecision?

2. I am kind of stuck on the whole roundabout thing. As many people have said, it just isn't the logical way to go from the GBC residence to Kholo Creek, especially if you were in a hurry and not wanting to be noticed. Perhaps ABC was driving to GBC's offices in Taringa? Or perhaps GBC was driving home from Taringa at that time? Perhaps they are just trying to catch him in a lie, it mightn't be that anything sinister actually happened at the roundabout....your thoughts?
pinhead suggested earlier that the reason GBC may have gone the Brookfield / Moggill Road way was because he could roll his car several hundred metres along Brookfield road without having to turn the engine on. Therefore not alerting any occupants in the house (children) or neighbours.

OK im back thanks 'thinking" your right about the roundabout something "odd" happened not an exchange but yes a vehicle being driven oddly? I hope that the police knowing all the facts have there reason for returning the family home incluidng "GBC" it would be apparent hey do not have enough solid eveidence in this case so I guess they need to hope that the MURDERER slips up

3. My thoughts are starting to lean towards it being something to do with GBC's business. This was obviously struggling and appearances seemed to mean a great deal to him (I don't know him personally but am a local) - perhaps ABC did discover something fraudulent was going on - thus wanting to go to the office at that late hour....?

4. I am also concerned about the children - I believe that if they go back home to that house with them alone, and everyone allows it, then we have to accept the fact that he isn't going to be arrested. I cannot fathom how the family and/or authorities could allow this to happen at present when there is such a big question mark over his head - thus, if the kids go with him, I reckon he is out of the frame. I'm hoping my theory is correct and thus they are working hard to make the arrest before the living situation becomes an issue. I don't think I'm being over the top - surely they wouldn't allow the children to be back in his custody solely, if they thought he was a murderer?

5. All the public interest in this case has made me think more than once of the pedophile case here a few years back - Ferguson I think - you may recall that the case against him was jeopardised as it was successfully argued that he could not possibly get a fair trial, given the rallying of the public against him and they could not find an unbaised juror - I guess we should be careful about this.

Let's get some more thoughts and discussions out there.
With regards to the children going back to the house with him, there are many people who aren't arrested due to lack of evidence and still stay living in the house with there children, who remain unharmed. If they are still building evidence they will not have grounds to remove the children.

Having worked for Community Services in NSW a few years back I can say that you need a lot of evidence to prove to a judge that children are at immediate risk of harm before they will place children into the care of the Minister.

Some of those mess also cause drowsiness, especially when you first start taking them. Quoted off a label: do not operate machinery or drive a motor vehicle if effected

Aggression is often a side effect from Antidepressants

Aggression is often a side effect from Antidepressants

Yes so true. With the business going downhill, major money problems Allison finding out about the mistress, off to a doc for some medication ??

so is weight gain, not loss though ...

With regards to the children going back to the house with him, there are many people who aren't arrested due to lack of evidence and still stay living in the house with there children, who remain unharmed. If they are still building evidence they will not have grounds to remove the children.

Having worked for Community Services in NSW a few years back I can say that you need a lot of evidence to prove to a judge that children are at immediate risk of harm before they will place children into the care of the Minister.

With that in mind, I wonder how they will handle his arrest, should it be him who committed the crime. With all the 3 girls have been through, the very thought of him being arrested in front of his littleys, surely would be further heartbreaking for them. Too very sad if he did commit the crime.

THINKING - Welcome!

I don't believe this whole thing has anything to do with the business side of the family. Mistress maybe, domestic violence per se, etc.

Roundabout - what if there was assistance after the fact and this was a convenient meeting point to continue onto the bridge?

I still keep wondering about what was said earlier. That there is something big we're missing here. That there is a motive we haven't discussed, and a person we haven't considered as a possible suspect.

So what realistic scenarios can we come up with? Maybe if we all do some brainstorming together we could come up with something.

Usually they will call a Child Protection worker to go with them, although the police can take the young ones themselves and pass them on. But my belief is that it still needs to be processed through Child Protection. May be different in QLD though, but considering someone has to take parental responsibility of them, that is usually assigned to the Minister initially. However the children would then likely be placed with a relative, especially considering the circumstances and the availability of suitable family members to look after the girls.

Also, I wonder if any blood tests will show if a person is taking medication, like antidepressant or anti anxiety medication. Because I'm sure at the hospital they would have at least considered medicating him. Also, could the effects of any medication have affected his behaviour while being interviewed by the media where his behaviour seemed weird?

They would need a warrant to test his blood/urine unless he volunteered. They would also need to have a warrant to subpoena his medical records/pathology results of any bloods they took. I doubt they did this. And I doubt he would have volunteered.

But yes I've done drug screens and a typical drugs of abuse urine screen can take 20 minutes.

If you know what medication you're looking for, there's normally an assay to detect it (either in blood and/or urine)

Weight loss can be a side effect of antidepressant medication. A friend of mine spent the first few weeks being unable to eat much food. The smell and thought of it made him feel nauseous.

so is weight gain, not loss though ...

Oh no... Weight loss can be a side effect for a lot antidepressants. Weight gain ONLY, is usually a side effect of anti-psychotics. But with antidepressants you get both gain AND loss.

I still keep wondering about what was said earlier. That there is something big we're missing here. That there is a motive we haven't discussed, and a person we haven't considered as a possible suspect.

So what realistic scenarios can we come up with? Maybe if we all do some brainstorming together we could come up with something.

I wouldn't be dwelling on that comment too much. It doesn't add anything to what is already been discussed. We have always had missing pieces of the pie in this case. We know there is information we don't have.

I keep thinking on that as well AllyG.....With all that we have discussed, what else could it be about? What could we have missed? I guess we do not know the intricacies of the family and with all the thoughts we have, not matter what we say, we aren't the Dickie's/Baden-Clay's.....and just cannot know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther