Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are falling in to place; I always thought it was unlikely that anything could happen at the house that night if the children were there -and they were not.

I am no super sleuth - but put myself in Allison's position. If things escalated that night, and I no longer felt 'safe', what would I do? I would get my phone, car keys and go fetch my children - and get the hell out of there! I wouldn't go and meet the mistress. Now what or who would stop me doing that? and if I were able to go fetch my children - where were they......? Speculation on my part.

And the bridge - I don't think Allison was thrown off it; too risky - cars may pass. The 'pull in' may have been possibilty, but why not drive up Wirrabarra or Bunya.. once you get to the end of the road, you would have to get to the creek on foot; would possibly take 2 to carry a body? You coudn't drive into Scout Camp without key to padlock on gate. Maybe forensic evidence has shown something - if the police know the site where Allison was put into the water - 2 people at the site?

HAHAHA...Oh my stars......TOO MUCH INFORMATION....So laughing, nearly choked on my cup of tea...lol

and "What a strange place to put it"....Put what?....Giggling

Too funny

Hahahaha...a poor choice of words on my behalf....I can confirm I have not had marriage enhancement help from him...I do not know where he puts it...LOL!

I'm not sure the QPS would send out a media release (with or without embargo) on something they've yet to carry out. If a leak would seriously jeopardize the operation, that is...

There's stuff I'd like to say to explain my thinking but I think I'll avoid further discussion on this topic tonight and just hope things go ok :)

Soooo...back to analysing LinkedIn pages, lol

Hahahaha...a poor choice of words on my behalf....I can confirm I have not had marriage enhancement help from him...I do not know where he puts it...LOL!

I needed the good laugh :) and like you, I dont know where he puts it.............and I swear as long as I live......I dont wanna know Baybee!!!! Laughing

PS : Welcome to the chatter :)

And the 'out of place' thing that happened at the roundabout; a car going around a roundabout may not have been 'out of place' - but if the accomplice drove in from Kenmore, Indro, Taringa... place to meet, and get into one vehicle. What was it someone mentioned earlier - a white van hanging about at the roundabout?

No point in driving 2 vehicles to Mt Crosby. Seems stupid to meet at a roundabout - well lit, traffic camera - but lets face it, to dump a body in a river and not weigh it down - well chances are it will surface! That is stupid - and must have been a shock when Allison was found.

Oops! time to bring in the big guns - 'Hello Mr Barrister!'

And where is Maverick AU? Please come back - I have been waiting patiently for more posts from you!

I used to be in 2 minds about gbc being arrested if guilty...I have bounced back and forawrd as to whether he should be ale to spend time with girls and say goodbyes and comfort them before he goes away and then I think that he doesn't deserve that at all....I am now convinced that he has to go - arrest him - Throw away the key.........Allison never got a chance to hug her babies one last - The chance to tell them how much she loves and care for them one last time or the chance to tell them that she wouldn't never ever leave them of her own accord....LOCK GBC UP NOW....He doesn't deserve freedom or any last moments with Allisons girls.

I hope that when he looks in their eyes he sees Allison and is forever reminded of the devastation he has caused his daughters to endure for the rest of their lives...Selfish Heartless *advertiser censored*!......IMO

Understand what you are saying. From my point of view I am thinking about the girls. if they are unaware- and I so hope they have been spared knowing all that has been going on and the speculation. Then I feel for there sake maybe its better for him to be there. But whatever, the police will do what they feel is best IF he is guilty.

Sorry if this has already been covered...

What do people think the police test at the roundabout the other day was for?

* Timing of a journey?
* Jogging people's memories?
* A test of the CCTV to confirm something they saw from that night?

or something else?

HAHAHA...Oh my stars......TOO MUCH INFORMATION....So laughing, nearly choked on my cup of tea...lol

and "What a strange place to put it"....Put what?....Giggling

Too funny
:floorlaugh:OH dear, word choices...:blushing:

You know him don't you!

Here is a challenge for those amoung us who fancy themselves as budding detectives....

Challenge 1:

Find the web page/s which shows the origins of the name Baden-Clay?

Hint: Grandmother was born Betty Baden-Powell (daughter of Lord Badenn Powell) and became Betty Clay in her early twenties when she married and remainded Betty Clay for the next 60 odd years untill her death (never had the name Baden-Clay). Betty had 4 kids all of whom were surnamed Clay, albeit one son, Robin, had the 2nd name of Baden (i.e. Robin Baden CLAY, not Robin BADEN-CLAY). One of those kids Nigel (GBCs father) changed his surname name by deed poll to Baden-Clay. Ask yourself why does a person do that when their parents, brothers and sisters all have the surname CLAY? Perhaps being able to milk the link to Lord Baden-Clay for all its worth... or perhaps they just liked the name. The unanswered bit... when did the change of name occur (i.e. before or after GBC born). Over to you super-sleuths.

Now get cracking!

Crack this one and I'll post your next challenge!

We already know this from the first 2 threads, after he was married! Don't have time to find the link, however marlywings is very resourceful.:great:

Sorry if this has already been covered...

What do people think the police test at the roundabout the other day was for?

* Timing of a journey?
* Jogging people's memories?
* A test of the CCTV to confirm something they saw from that night?

or something else?

All of the above possibly.

Things are falling in to place; I always thought it was unlikely that anything could happen at the house that night if the children were there -and they were not.

I am no super sleuth - but put myself in Allison's position. If things escalated that night, and I no longer felt 'safe', what would I do? I would get my phone, car keys and go fetch my children - and get the hell out of there! I wouldn't go and meet the mistress. Now what or who would stop me doing that? and if I were able to go fetch my children - where were they......? Speculation on my part.

And the bridge - I don't think Allison was thrown off it; too risky - cars may pass. The 'pull in' may have been possibilty, but why not drive up Wirrabarra or Bunya.. once you get to the end of the road, you would have to get to the creek on foot; would possibly take 2 to carry a body? You coudn't drive into Scout Camp without key to padlock on gate. Maybe forensic evidence has shown something - if the police know the site where Allison was put into the water - 2 people at the site?

Someone made a fascinating comment back in (I think) Thread 3, that when the police moved the search to the area surrounding Kholo Creek bridge following the discovery of ABC's body, that the news featured an aerial shot with a superimposed outline of the portion being searched. (I recalled seeing something similar on the evening news myself). This new search area was upstream from Kholo Creek bridge, and included the scout huts.

The post (I wish I could find it - hopefully the poster will read this and can clarify) stated that the new search area also included a portion of Flaggy Creek Rd where there is/was a property that was listed for sale with Re/Max Toowong. The post also stated that this property had a creek running through it that in turn flowed out to Kholo Creek.

Can anyone confirm this?

news.com.au states that police are back at the roundabout pulling people over to question them about whether they were driving through there last week. In bed on my phone so can't link properly. Sorry.

news.com.au states that police are back at the roundabout pulling people over to question them about whether they were driving through there last week. In bed on my phone so can't link properly. Sorry.

Oh gee, I do think things are really moving forward on this case.

Surely someone saw something!! They've been harping on this roundabout for ages now, hope they get the witnesses they need!!!

AS Allison Baden-Clay's friends and family made their final preparations for her farewell, investigators spent last night continuing their relentless hunt for the mother-of-three's killer.
This morning, hundreds of people are expected to gather at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich to say goodbye to Mrs Baden-Clay, whose body was found on the banks of the Kholo Creek on April 30.
Last night, police spent several hours at a Kenmore roundabout, at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, pulling over cars.
They worked from 11.30pm until 4am, searching for people who use the roundabout on a Thursday night - the night of the week Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.
Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said the effort was part of the ongoing appeal for information on her death.

"Investigators would like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout between 11.30pm on Thursday, April 19, and 4am Friday, April 20," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lay-laid-to-rest/story-e6frfkvr-1226352503000

Oh gee, I do think things are really moving forward on this case.

Oh, I hope so....Either that................Or there is nothing and they are resorting to this so that they can try and find something/anything.....Crossing fingers.

Interesting how they've figured on the "worked from 11.30pm until 4am"...when it's not even midnight....

Ahw - thanks AllyG; can't quote, sorry!

I spend more time on here than do with my family, time at work etc... in fact work is getting in the way - I had 17 pages to read after a day at work yesterday! Most inconvenient having to go in to work when I had reading to do!

Thank god the canoeist found Allison... I think many people have been keeping a lookout for anything odd, outside the Brookfield area; flattened grass, tyre tracks..I have looked over at the mountains near where I live, thinking looking for Allison would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. The day they found her was just horrible... three helicopters circling overhead; I thought they had widened the search, then realised that they must have found her. If I felt so bad, and was reduced to tears, I cannot imagine the heartache and pain her family would be feeling. But I am so happy they found her - imagine years passing by and never knowing where she was...

I feel for the canoeist.... it would have been so traumatic; I remember a post a way back from someone saying the forensic team were really distressed. I have googled some really awful things since following this forum - I think he would need counselling.

I hope nobody ever takes my laptop to see what I have been up to!

Surely someone saw something!! They've been harping on this roundabout for ages now, hope they get the witnesses they need!!!

Yeah I feel like.. hey if you saw anything..just say already! Ihope anyone who can give any info to Police has already and if not. DO IT, now!

Interesting how they've figured on the "worked from 11.30pm until 4am"...when it's not even midnight....

I just thought the same thing! It is written like it is meant to be released in the morning...do you think they have 'let the cat out of the bag' re tonight's work that will be released after 5am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member