Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS Allison Baden-Clay's friends and family made their final preparations for her farewell, ...
Last night, police spent several hours at a Kenmore roundabout, at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, pulling over cars.
They worked from 11.30pm until 4am, searching for people who use the roundabout on a Thursday night - the night of the week Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lay-laid-to-rest/story-e6frfkvr-1226352503000

I find this interesting reporting and wonder if it is part of the "embargo"? It says they worked from 11.30pm until 4am but I am posting this at 11.49pm EST. I hope this doesn't stop someone who would normally drive by between those hours avoiding the area tonight!

The time on the story is 12am, 11 May 2012 but it isn't 12am yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I hope so....Either that................Or there is nothing and they are resorting to this so that they can try and find something/anything.....Crossing fingers.

I hope its not that. I really hope not. I think they have it..I hope, but maybe they really need this piece of evidence to make the case.

I find this interesting reporting and wonder if it is part of the "embargo"? It says they worked from 11.30pm until 4am but I am posting this at 11.49pm EST. I hope this doesn't stop someone who would normally drive by between those hours avoiding the area tonight!

I really hope not too.. that would be REALLY irresponsible of media.

I just thought the same thing! It is written like it is meant to be released in the morning...do you think they have 'let the cat out of the bag' re tonight's work that will be released after 5am?

They were just preparing the paper in advance for the early print run to nth qld etc. let's hope someone remembers something.

AS Allison Baden-Clay's friends and family made their final preparations for her farewell, investigators spent last night continuing their relentless hunt for the mother-of-three's killer.
This morning, hundreds of people are expected to gather at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich to say goodbye to Mrs Baden-Clay, whose body was found on the banks of the Kholo Creek on April 30.
Last night, police spent several hours at a Kenmore roundabout, at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, pulling over cars.
They worked from 11.30pm until 4am, searching for people who use the roundabout on a Thursday night - the night of the week Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.
Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said the effort was part of the ongoing appeal for information on her death.

"Investigators would like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout between 11.30pm on Thursday, April 19, and 4am Friday, April 20," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lay-laid-to-rest/story-e6frfkvr-1226352503000

Wish I knew what on earth it is that they want info on that occured at that roundabout... maybe that is where it all happened..surely not..too open.

I just thought the same thing! It is written like it is meant to be released in the morning...do you think they have 'let the cat out of the bag' re tonight's work that will be released after 5am?
I noticed they did the same last night when they released the information that a second person may be involved.

I'm on the same time zone as QLD and it was about 11.30pm 9th when I read it in the Courier Mail but the release date on the news article was dated 12am 10th.

I think that was definitely the news......They dont want people jkust driving out there and talking crapoli, just for the sake of sticky beaking. They want the real people that would have normally gone through there at those times on the Thursday night, which was the night of the week she disappeared. Now it runs the risks of all sorts just going for a looksee and taking up time.

Good luck officers, on the roundabout. I hope you get the information you need.

Roma, I did see a clip on the news about the search around Kholo and Flaggy Creek; and there was a post about the house for sale in Flaggy Creek Rd - the poster wanted to know if it was occupied or vacant sale. I was thinking of driving over there to check it out - but my hubby would impound my car or confiscate my keys - he thinks I'm obsessed with finding the murderer! I will see if I can find the link to the news bulletin and the post for the Flaggy Creek house.

AS Allison Baden-Clay's friends and family made their final preparations for her farewell, investigators spent last night continuing their relentless hunt for the mother-of-three's killer.
This morning, hundreds of people are expected to gather at St Paul's Anglican Church in Ipswich to say goodbye to Mrs Baden-Clay, whose body was found on the banks of the Kholo Creek on April 30.
Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said the effort was part of the ongoing appeal for information on her death.

"Investigators would like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout between 11.30pm on Thursday, April 19, and 4am Friday, April 20," he said.

That link isn't working for me. I'm wondering (i don't know about anyone else) if they haven't got enough evidence/witnesses :( And even if they do pull cars over i wonder if anyone is going to say they seen anything

Think thats it for me tonight..I need sleep. See what tomorrow brings and thinking of Allisons family as they prepare to say goodbye..so hard.

interestingly it is saying to me now....Page not found...has it been pulled?

news.com.au states that police are back at the roundabout pulling people over to question them about whether they were driving through there last week. In bed on my phone so can't link properly. Sorry.

AllyG - thought you had gone to bed to sleep! but you sound like me - I tell hubby I am off to bed - leave him watching tv - then carry on websleuthing on my phone!

Roma, I did see a clip on the news about the search around Kholo and Flaggy Creek; and there was a post about the house for sale in Flaggy Creek Rd - the poster wanted to know if it was occupied or vacant sale. I was thinking of driving over there to check it out - but my hubby would impound my car or confiscate my keys - he thinks I'm obsessed with finding the murderer! I will see if I can find the link to the news bulletin and the post for the Flaggy Creek house.

If I lived near you...I would come and pick you up....and we could have gone together.....We are all obsessed....I think we can all sympathise to poor Allison. Saint or not, who knows...But she didn't deserve this....and im sick to death of hearing about this crap happening to women.

That link isn't working for me. I'm wondering (i don't know about anyone else) if they haven't got enough evidence/witnesses :( And even if they do pull cars over i wonder if anyone is going to say they seen anything
I tried as well..... I read it about 20 mins ago and it was fine... But I can't Connect to it now...

Personally I think before. I think IF it was him, it's innappropriate for him to attend and would be disturbing to his children when they get older. To be comforted by the very person who took away your mother doesnt seem right to me-in fact i would consider that a further betrayal. Not to mention how awful it would be for her other friends and family, it would be like a slap in the face! But like you said... There would never be an ideal time would there.

Yes, I agree. I did originally think he would be allowed to be at the funeral just for the sake of the children who most likely at this stage see him as just their Daddy who loves them. I'm sure I've heard of things like this done before. But now I think as you do, and if that tweet is actually about this case (acknowledge it might be something totally different tho) there will be an arrest, or arrests. I agree the idea of your Mothers murderer comforting you in your grief about the murder is just not right and couldnt be good for them. So the police are going to make an arrest overnight, then make an announcement at 5am, and it will be all over the media. The early time would give plenty of time for all the morning shows, 9am news etc, then enough of a gap for everyone to focus on the funeral. I believe Detective Ainsworth will not give a lot of detail in the morning, he will say that the funeral is the focus for the day, and then another statement will be made for the evening news with a bit more information on cause of death and the grounds for the arrest.

OR - the announcement is Spencer Howson refers to is somethig totally different and there is no arrest and we continue to agonise over this. The suspense is immense!

And hey, whoever said we are awesome here, it really made me think and appreciate the intentions of everyone here to really see justice done for Allison, and girls. Go us!! :guitar:

PS Well now I've read about the roundabout re-enactiment that probably blows my story. I've also thought - even though it now just seems natural that the perp is GBC ( and maybe there is an accomplice), what if the arrest, when it finally does happen, is of someone else totally unexpected and we are all in shock about that too. If that is the case, I will be extremely sorry for my error of thinking GBC is guilty and hope if he read this forum he would understand some of the reasons why so many people feel this way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz