Identified! Australia - Camberwell, Vic, Male killed by train, Sep'12- Name withheld

I wonder how well the police searched the area. I'm tempted to go and have a look around. There's some very old disused buildings in that area, possibly suitable areas for squats for homeless people. I wonder if the police checked them out properly. Probably not would be my suspicion. Would anyone be interested in a current photograph of the "alcove" if I can work out where it is?

Oh and interestingly, my googling indicates that East Camberwell railway station is known on google at least as an "unmanned station", whereas most of the others along that line would be manned by rail staff.

It would be interesting to see the alcove thanks imnotfussy. It's looks a tiny station!

Hi all, I'm new to websleuths but completely addicted! Just a couple of thoughts to add to imnotfussy's previous post:

I'm pretty sure personally that this young man committed suicide.

I think so too. The main reason I think this is because of the post-it-note with train times and speeds that was found with him. Very sad. I live in Melbourne. It happens too often in this city.

I'd have to assume to do this, that he must be feeling very angry with his family.

I was also wondering about whether he felt guilty. Perhaps if he was unidentifiable his family won't know he suicided? Or perhaps it was a reflection of his state of mind, that he was alone? So many possibilities. I really hope this man can be returned to his family.

https://www.internationalrewardscen...-swedish-national-missing-in-new-zealand.html

Here's this guy: Christoffer TORNBERG aged 23 years

tornberg_image.jpg

Dang, crocker jeans (what the decedent was wearing) are ~115USD!!!! he must've had $$.

And they're from Brazil -- don't know if we established that already.

http://www.crocker.com.br/

Dang, crocker jeans (what the decedent was wearing) are ~115USD!!!! he must've had $$.

And they're from Brazil -- don't know if we established that already.

http://www.crocker.com.br/

The only places you can get Crocker jeans in Brazil are in Sao Paolo. I did "crocker jeans wiki" and saw the swedish wiki for the brand, saying it was sold in JC... I'm not sure if there's more than one Crocker or what.

I should have included the link in my post on first page...

Crocker global fashion chain founded in Paris in the eighties by an Israeli couple. The chain has many branches around the world, thirty-four of which are in Israel. Crocker is dedicated mainly to top quality jeans for men and women in a variety of innovative designs.

http://www.eilat-city.net/Article-ltr.aspx?ArticleId=57

Crocker Jeans and an Alvin jacket. The Alvin jackets look pretty pricey too. So at some stage he must have had access to good money.

i wonder if the missing pages of the note book are a letter left somwhere..also the 8 digits could be an online bank account.. im in the uk and have to use 8 digits plus a password..

MOO

He's a tourist. I'm 99% sure he's not Australian - the train pass being 'touched on', his clothing brands etc. I'm guessing that his family think he's backpacking somewhere and don't know how to contact him. They're probably starting to get very worried, but Australian news isn't often shown in Scandinavia, Israel, Brazil etc.

Again, MOO.

I'm leaning toward him being from another country but not convinced. The fact that he seemed unfamiliar with the myki ticketing system is not very telling IMO - its a new system and many Victorians don't know how to use it properly yet (myself included). It's kinda interesting that he bought the ticket in Williamstown - I wonder how he got there?

I think he's either from overseas or an interstate Aussie who has travelled overseas recently. I was wondering about the waterproof pants he was wearing over his jeans. I imagine they're the kind worn hiking or perhaps in the snow? I'm no snow bunny so I may be way off. It's an out there possibility but I wonder if he was at any of the ski resorts in NSW or Victoria. I think August/September is the end of our snow season. Could help explain the possible Swedish link i.e travelled from winter in the northern hemisphere to winter down here. All just my speculation.

See I found the waterproof pants as a way to keep body fluid from spilling out all over the place (ie; pee and BM). Doesn't that happen when you die?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back