Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that Tap's advertisement of something looking like a body in a rolled up carpet is appropriate....
0d8bcc814c4debb4e57f7d92f7d28db7.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

If the person happens to be a street worker AND aboriginal like Darrylyn Ugle who was murdered, then the case is most likely sitting on the bottom of the pile. I can hardly find any information about her or what happened to her. List goes on doesn't it.

I think Darrylyn Ugle's murder (whose decomposing body was found in a burnt-out tree stump at Farrell Grove near Mundaring Weir in April 2003) is significant in terms of links to other unsolved cases of murdered sex workers in Perth during the 1990's and early 2000's. However, I'm less inclined to believe these cases are linked in anyway whatsoever with the CSK and do believe that it is the work of a second, unidentified (?) serial rapist. I think there is certainly suspicions on behalf of WAPOL regarding who exactly that person is (as discussed below) but perhaps the physical evidence is few and far between. These were not cases that hit the radar like the Claremont abductions.

It was confirmed in 2004 that a 49 year-old abbatoir worker from Perth's northern suburbs (who was charged with the attempted murder of a 22 year-old prostitute in December 2003) was also being investigated for possible links to the murder of Darrylyn Ugle and was the same man also being investigated in regard to the disappearance of Sarah McMahon. I believe that on the basis of the conclusions made at the inquest into Sarah McMahon's disappearance, this previously unidentified man may be a reference to Donald Victor Morey who IMO has every potential to be linked to more on the W.A missing list.

Sarah McMahon 2012 inquest: http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Mcmahon_finding.pdf

IMO it is the Mundaring Weir site that is significant and key in any discussion involving Morey. It is the location where the prostitute (who Morey is currently serving time for attempting to murder) was taken and it is also the chosen dump site for Darrylyn. Curiously, although Morey technically lived in Marangaroo, he also owned a house with his de facto in Chidlow . . . a direct route to Mundaring Weir.

Whether the Mundaring Weir location is in fact the unknown location Estelle Blackburn discusses in her article (16 June 2007; Sunday Times Special Report titled "Serial Kill Fears" )where she publicly raised suspicion her violent ex was involved in the Claremont murders (or other murders) has also crossed my mind as being something worthy of noting on the basis of the description of the chosen site in correlation with the timeline of missing /murdered persons.

Quote from article:

"A later girlfriend told me that once he had bound and gagged her and put her in his boot, releasing her later in bush with water nearby. While assaulting and abusing her, he threatened to kill her and said, pointing to the water that there was ``another blonde ***** down there''."

Here is a link to a transcript to the Estelle Blackburn article: http://netk.net.au/Articles/Estelle1.asp

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch, one
croc member was attending a wedding in the
country on the Saturday of our home game,
however got so smashed through copious
amounts of re-hydration fluid he suffered
from short term alcohol memory loss for a
time after, his guardian angel and better half
Catherine advises that upon becoming
heavily intoxicated decided to repeat the
word “Congratulations” many many times
during the evening, then power spewing on
more than one occasion in the paddock,
bystanders were amazed that he was able to
make it through the piles of chunder he’d left
on the ground to the car, where he then
proceeded to head butt his car tyres for a
period, so much so that Catherine had to
place a beanie on his head to make sure he
didn’t injure himself.
A well deserved nomination for Bradley
“Shorts” Edwards.

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

(thank you Perpendicular for pointing this section out :seeya:)

didn’t injure himself.
“Shorts” Edwards.

Makes me wonder if any spew was found at Ellington or Wellard?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

First time poster.

The thing I find interesting is the continual head butting described by the writer, so much so that his concerned wife had to intervene. What is described as a bit of a drunken larrikinesque scenario strikes me as quite perculiar behaviour for a grown man, head banging is what you might see a young child who has difficulty self-regulating doing, some children with autism do it also. His whole life would be based around self-management, makes me wonder if the weight of his crimes cannot be emotionally managed when significantly intoxicated and this little anecdote has perhaps captured a unique window into this. Or not.

Totally agree. The repeated head-banging of the tyres is truly alarming. Definitely says that all's not well.....alcohol or no alcohol.

didn’t injure himself.
“Shorts” Edwards.

So his penchant for drinking is perhaps true then?

I have heard from a secondary source who has a contact that allegedly lives in the Kewdale neighbourhood that BE had been reported to police on previous occasions for being a known shitfaced drunk . . . amongst other absurd things.

I put that one firmly in the CSK rumour mill basket for now but this is an interesting little extract in that context.

These cros footy photos and stories have shown BE in an entire new light, we had passed him off as a camera shy antisocial keep to himself type, these new finds seem to suggest other wise. He had no qualms about being photo'd in the sports pics, celebrating with his footy mates and getting drunk to the point of stupid behavior. I wonder if he ever let slip of anything that was just passed off as drunken BS of a guy who likes to headbutt tyres.

Thank you b4u for finding all of this. Fantastic work!

Gives a whole new insight into him, like CSK? just said.

Totally agree. The repeated head-banging of the tyres is truly alarming. Definitely says that all's not well.....alcohol or no alcohol.

What if the reference to head banging tyres was just a colourful way of describing BRE on his knees or on the ground spewing over or close to the car types.

Can you detect reliable DNA from 7 year old spew?

The lack of a mention in the media about the accused BRE's Australia Rules past is quite intriguing.

From earlier threads/posts and possibly other CSK related forum posts (that might have been removed) many of you probably know why.

Wonder if BRE went on the Crocs 2009 "Not Guilty Tour"?

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/ngt09.pdf

Oh my, how ironic! So eerie reading that, especially the "you might be arrested" bit, very spooky. I'm sure he would quite happily attend and think nothing of it. Wonderful sleuthing to all who are finding this stuff! He was quite a "nice" (anything but nice in nature!) looking man, so add in the charm factor and the trust me "uniform/car" and you might just get in the car willingly, tired and late at night, perhaps?

Thank you b4u for finding all of this. Fantastic work!

Gives a whole new insight into him, like CSK? just said.
Newspapers didn't dig that one up did they. Good on ya to both posters. The poster who gave the clue and b4u for following it up.

I think Darrylyn Ugle's murder (whose decomposing body was found in a burnt-out tree stump at Farrell Grove near Mundaring Weir in April 2003)
Presuming her body was not burnt then I imagine there would have been DNA found? So with access to two suspects they couldn't make a match?

Good point. In regards to the Ugle case, I have never been able to find anything on public record stating the condition of the body. Nor any follow-up from presumed forensic investigations undertaken.

I do recall the police confirmed that they were investigating links in the aftermath of Sarah McMahon's disappearance and there was a sudden emphasis on sex worker cold cases. Perhaps the new advances in DNA technology and any retained evidence ought to be revisited by the police for those girls too.

Some thoughts of mine...

Meets cg 98 gets mship with her and ve.

How much has life experience changed him? Develops relationship with the daughter. Perhaps this leads him to see woman in a different light.... doesn't hate anymore and stops.

Hopefully he can now relate to ds torment and gives up ss location.

Can these types change with life experience?

What if the reference to head banging tyres was just a colourful way of describing BRE on his knees or on the ground spewing over or close to the car types.

Can you detect reliable DNA from 7 year old spew?

That's exactly what I thought when I first read it. He's been leaning forward on the ground too near to the car as he's probably got out to vomit and hasn't been able to walk/more like crawl, far enough away and was hitting his head on the tyre as he constantly vomited, too drunk to move again. How revolting. To me shows no self control, and for an older guy (not some young 17 year old here) speaks more to me of immaturity and still thinking he can run with the teenagers. Pathetic really.

Some thoughts of mine...

Meets cg 98 gets mship with her and ve.

How much has life experience changed him? Develops relationship with the daughter. Perhaps this leads him to see woman in a different light.... doesn't hate anymore and stops.

Hopefully he can now relate to ds torment and gives up ss location.

Not just 2 G's.. 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In this 2007 photo of him wearing gold boxer shorts, it does seem to confirm that he has a gap in his tooth - as mentioned a few times earlier in the WS thread when the "Stalwarts of Community" photo was published...

attachment.php

Attachments

• crocs 2007 larger.jpg
    crocs 2007 larger.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 398

This is helpful reading when thinking about the nature of serial murder --> https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

It is exactly the points raised in this article - particularly the part where it is stated that, for the most part, the general public's knowledge concerning serial murder is mostly a product of Hollywood production, with media story lines created to to heighten the interest of audiences rather than accurately portray the true dynamics of serial murder - that muddied the waters with the CSK case and wove a kind of fearful narrative in the public's mind and contributed to people seeing things where things did not exist. At one point, I'm sure Macro was being bombarded with phone calls with every Tom, Dick and Harry in Perth proposing their ex or friend's, girlfriend's, brother's creepy dad as the CSK at one point.

Anyway, back to the question at hand. It seems that although the over-riding understanding is that a serial killer never stops, but this is not always the case. Indeed, some may refrain from future crime due to life circumstances that obstruct their ability to carry out such heinous tasks. However, a psychopath can never cease being a psychopath IMO. In essence, it is a fundamental flaw in their personality and part of who they are on a chemical/neurological level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201