Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too savvy as I don't use the TOR browser, it's not foolproof though I'm told. In regard to BRE though, if the police run true to form they will have watched him for some time. His house likely wired, tracking devices on all his vehicles and rather than relying on monitoring his internet activity through his ISP and trawling his metadata, they would have installed a keystroke monitor onto all his devices.

I wonder about VPN services and browsers like TOR. Sure you can "hide" your IP with these services and your web browsing is masked on your ISP's logs, but what about at the other end. They actually know what your real IP is because you hit their servers with it and they know what IP their server has assigned you on the way out into anon-land. Therefore they could and probably no doubt do know what you accessed . I've never seen a server that doesn't have logs, by nature they have logs...

Who's to say these services are trashing their logs every hour? Who's to say these companies don't have backups of their servers that actually do contain logs. Not to mention perhaps they would hand over that information...

Hi all, first time poster have been following a few weeks. So some new (I think) info which may be of interest though I don't know if it helps with any sleuthing....my husband played softball with BRE between 93-98. My husband like others that knew him and have commented said if he had to go through his list of people he knew and pick 20 he thought capable of murder, would not have picked BRE at all.

Exercise can release those feel good chemicals, I used to use it to elevate mood
I wondered if they were having a lend, because the poster wrote a very articulate explanation of the chemical reaction in the brains of sexual offenders, which was very informative and then the conversation flipped to BRE being able to curb his deviancy through playing footy with old blokes.

Yes and No. Some VPNs really keep no logs... some say they keep no logs but actually do. But tor bounces your IP through dozens of IPS on the way there and back so each Ip only knows 1 IP away. SO the host and client dont know each others IPs
Hmmm dunno about that...I might have to download TOR and do some testing. The explanation of bouncing your IP through many IPS doesn't make sense to me. Unless you technically want to explain how that is done.

Hi all, first time poster have been following a few weeks. So some new (I think) info which may be of interest though I don't know if it helps with any sleuthing....my husband played softball with BRE between 93-98. My husband like others that knew him and have commented said if he had to go through his list of friends and pick 20 he thought capable of murder, would not have picked BRE at all.
Thank you.
Certainly doesn't look the sort in his Crocs pics (though his more recent pics and especially the one with CGE are basically how I picture a serial killer to look!)
That's the thing with serial killers though..they are the ones you least expect! It's never "Oh him? That doesn't surprise me ".
They spend most their time studying people. They know exactly what to say and can come across as so charming and sincere.
I'd like to know what went so horribly wrong with BE. His family doesn't seem dysfunctional, he has great support,friends,home,stable jobs...I dont get it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hmmm dunno about that...I might have to download TOR and do some testing. The explanation of bouncing your IP through many IPS doesn't make sense to me. Unless you technically want to explain how that is done.

There is a network of machines running tor all over the world and when you want to go somewhere you go through a whole bunch of them randomly, the data is encrypted so hard to read even if intercepted.

Tor is generally alot slower to use for every day internet because of this. Also nothing is impossibleto beat, but generally the only way people get caught is by doing some stupid.

Hi all, first time poster have been following a few weeks. So some new (I think) info which may be of interest though I don't know if it helps with any sleuthing....my husband played softball with BRE between 93-98. My husband like others that knew him and have commented said if he had to go through his list of people he knew and pick 20 he thought capable of murder, would not have picked BRE at all.

Wow Welcome Chicaletta! So there's another sport (softball) that BRE has been involved in, and for quite awhile too (haven't seen that mentioned on any thread). What did you think of BRE, did you ever speak to him/interact with him at a social function? Not wanting to pry but are you female? I'm very interested to know what "vibes" he gives off and if you felt or saw anything that YOU might think was a bit weird or awkward around women. I'm not saying he'd be leering or overly touchy feely, just a little, hmm... what was THAT all about? And then, oh well, probably nothing, just my imagination, hubby says he's a nice guy?

It was a network of servers developed by the US Navy so they could communicate anonymously. "The Tor network disguises your identity by moving your traffic across different Tor servers, and encrypting that traffic so it isn't traced back to you. Anyone who tries would see traffic coming from random nodes on the Tor network, rather than your computer."

There is a network of machines running tor all over the world and when you want to go somewhere you go through a whole bunch of them randomly, the data is encrypted so hard to read even if intercepted.

Tor is generally alot slower to use for every day internet because of this. Also nothing is impossibleto beat, but generally the only way people get caught is by doing some stupid.
Yeah I just read that it encrypts the data packet and sends it through relays, at the final hope it is encrypted. Each relay knows where it has come from and where it is going to.

So do you think it is likely he used the internet to discuss and choose working girls? Are there any relevant sites worth directing some WS effort into? Surely he would have been on the radar of several people if he was rough...

Here are some links on local streetwalker solicitation from 2010-13

Mayor says name and shame kerb crawlers in 2010
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-12-03/mayor-says-name-and-shame-kerb-crawlers/2362014

Police charge seven with soliciting offences in 2011
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-16/police-charge-seven-with-with-soliciting-offences/2654976

Nine charged in 2013 with seeking prostitutes in 2013
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-24/nine-charged-with-seeking-prostitutes-in-highgate/4711170

Interestingly some suburbs where offenders lived did not include Kewdale but there may be more cases in the early 2000s

There are whole forums dedicated to discussing working girls to an intimate degree, but i doubt this is what he was up to and doubt this was his MO. I think what draws people to working girls is the anonymity of it and the high turnover of girls who come and go from the industry and also the secrecy surrounding it. Along with LE dismissing and not investigating their murders to a degree that they would a socially acceptable "good girl". For some reason society tries to portray working girls as messed up, human trash. The reality is many of them come from respectable working and middle class backgrounds. And many dont stay in it for long. Sadly, this attitude paints targets on their back. Here in the eastern states Perth is kind of looked upon as the wild west in a way. Industrywise. Anyway. All i'm saying is if he changed tactics and went for girls who were an easier target due to these factors, he could pretty much have his pick and get away with it. Thats the only reason it makes me believe that this is the change he's made in his MO, not that he has stopped killing completely or only had a very defined "type". I think he was opportunistic.

MOO. And referring to the CSK in general.

Hi I didn't know my husband at that time I am merely updating what he had told me since it's all come out. But yes I am female. On the day the arrest happened I saw the name in an article and texted hubby and was like oh his name is BRE and my husband said oh I played softball with a guy that had that name and then He texted back 2 mins later saying oh my goodness just seen a photo its the same BRE!

Whether he is or isnt the CSK I am not surprised that the CSK is someone people wouldn't expect! Especially when you hear of many killers being able to compartmentalise and live "two lives".

Thanks so much for that. Amazing. So your hubby was playing with him through the murders, how cunning they are just to blend in. I bet he freaked out a bit when you all found out.

The idea of a boat was canned when someone mentioned it. A one off trip to rotto for a long weekend is that so unusual? I'm not sure why people didn't like that theory.

Yeh I mentioned it a while ago. Was aware he went crabbing in the Mandurah/Halls Head area.. Would not be too hard to borrow the boat off the family member especially if they were away and go out deep. Although it might be a stretch for SS as it is perhaps a bit far to risk travelling. But if there are other victims I would give it some possibility.

Doubt it. In one online post he was complaining bitterly about the increase cost of membership of the West Coast Eagles. Someone with lots of money in the bank wouldn't have done that.

People with lots of money would prob be more inclined to do that.

Thanks for the information. Which suburb/s was it that he played. The Geographical areas that BE is familiar with is of great importance.

Okay so cricket my hubby just filled in so can't say. But softball he said that BRE was new to it and he wasn't awesome but wasn't terrible he was just a reliable team player

Was he any good at it do you know? He seems to have been active in sport pretty much through all his adult life at least. This information is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror