Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether they have or havent, I dont see the relevance of the lines of enquiry anyway.
Lets say he did take part in the rally... And?? Does that give an ID as to who it is, No. Does it narrow it down, not without a list of all participants and an absolute confirmation the perp participated. Why bother? Seems pretty pointless to me.

And "Rally Australia " is nation wide competition. So hence rally drivers and their pit crews come from all over Australia to compete in Perth.

Makes it very difficult to track down perp. Both rally drivers and pit crew would've been 'registered' as they needed lanyards or some ID to enter restricted areas. I'm guessing historical records are kept for competing rally drivers but probably not for pit crews, flag marshals, scrutineers, medical and safety personnel, security officers, and others involved with rallying.

If the gloves were rough, they could've belonged to a member of a pit crew or team mechanic etc. Pit crew would require fire retardant and heat resistant gloves - maybe even Kevlar.

Plus
I'm thinking the journalist writing about Sheraton attack assumed the gloves were 'racing gloves' just because there was a metal bucket seat in the car.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

The Presentation Nuns owned a house opposite Rowe Park (not sure if they still do)... it was used for a variety of purposes, usually nothing directly to do with the school. Usually nuns stayed here... some that did community work, or nuns visiting from the convent in Geraldton... it is/was essentially just an old house. Went there a few times when I was young but was not school related
It's on a large block of property and not a bad old house, with a few accommodation units on it. It still has a large plaque Presentation Convent Iona, or similar. Thanks for clearing up what the accommodation units were used for Ewood.

The point I was making before getting swamped with many pages of google maps was that somehow the Presentation Convent Iona comes up on Google Maps on the corner of Bay View Tce and St Q. I'm not suggesting that the convent has ever been at this location but that some is playing silly buggars or leaving clues on Google maps.

Not for the first time as one of the early blogs that said it was cleaving clues had Google Maps provide some of the answers.

attachment.php

2017 Google Maps Street View. Presentation Convent opposite Rowe Park Claremont

Attachments

• Presentation Convent.JPG
    Presentation Convent.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 105
It's on a large block of property and not a bad old house, with a few accommodation units on it. It still has a large plaque Presentation Convent Iona, or similar. Thanks for clearing up what the accommodation units were used for Ewood.

The point I was making before getting swamped with many pages of google maps was that somehow the Presentation Convent Iona comes up on Google Maps on the corner of Bay View Tce and St Q. I'm not suggesting that the convent has ever been at this location but that some is playing silly buggars or leaving clues on Google maps.

Not for the first time as one of the early blogs that said it was cleaving clues had Google Maps provide some of the answers.

attachment.php

When I searched corner of BVT and St. Q Ave I don't get that weird out of place label appearing.
Strange
I tried Google Maps, Apple maps and Google Earth.
Nothing

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

And "Rally Australia " is nation wide competition. So hence rally drivers and their pit crews come from all over Australia to compete in Perth.

Makes it very difficult to track down perp. Both rally drivers and pit crew would've been 'registered' as they needed lanyards or some ID to enter restricted areas. I'm guessing historical records are kept for competing rally drivers but probably not for pit crews, flag marshals, scrutineers, medical and safety personnel, security officers, and others involved with rallying.

If the gloves were rough, they could've belonged to a member of a pit crew or team mechanic etc. Pit crew would require fire retardant and heat resistant gloves - maybe even Kevlar.

Plus
I'm thinking the journalist writing about Sheraton attack assumed the gloves were 'racing gloves' just because there was a metal bucket seat in the car.

The Wiki entries list all Rally Australia championships there is an arrow within the link to go to the next year if other dates are of any significance. I have posted the dates of all entries so it is clear. In mid to late June it is unlikely any competitors are in Perth as they would have just finished in the one in Bega and if anything would be preparing for the next one in August in the ACT. Some teams may even have headed over to New Zealand for the leg of the World Rally Championships from 9 - 12 July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_A...y_Championship

Round Rally Date
1 APPM/TT-Line Rally Tasmania 26-27 March 1988
2 BP Visco Forest Rally (WA) 30 April-1 May 1988
3 2EC Bega Valley Rally (NSW) 11-12 June 1988
4 Esanda Finance Rally of Australia (ACT) 12-14 August 1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_World_Rally_Championship

There were 13 sightings of Jane that night from Loch St going towards Perth city until Dalkeith St, between 12.10 am and 2.00 am. A map has been put up previously. All were investigated and discounted. However an appeal for a girl walking by herself along Stirling Hwy to come forward, but no one did.

What is interesting is that the sighting from the two couples that saw someone like her at Loch St specifically mentions the shoulder bag, which I don't believe could be made up.

She was described to be drunk, although cctv footage shows her sober and not drinking from at least 11.40 am. There is credible information she would not have hitch hiked at all no matter what.

Looking at the cctv and the interactions there were two suspicious females, one we called Michelle that seemed to be interacting with others, called poleman, red dot man, MM to name three.

IMO it's possible, someone was deliberately laying a false trail imitating her. I believe she was abducted immediately she left the pole and most probably walked through the walkway to the carpark behind the old post office at Loch St. to meet a male she was waiting for. A female accomplice could have taken her jacket and bag and made her way down Loch and along Stirling Hwy making sure she was seen.

13 sightings in almost 2 hours along Stirling Hwy! IMO someone is playing games wanting to be seen and laying a false trail to confuse investigators.

BBM
In any Friday/Saturday night in a night club area it is quite common for young ladies to look similar or be described the same. If people are going from memory of a person they have never met, rather than seeing a picture first and looking for someone their memory may not be perfect and not a deliberate ploy to mislead LE or anyone else.

If you make the assumption that SS, CG and JR were all taken by the same person, SS being near Stirling Highway, CG being sighted on Stirling Highway it is quite possible that JR was near the highway too.

The Wiki entries list all Rally Australia championships there is an arrow within the link to go to the next year if other dates are of any significance. I have posted the dates of all entries so it is clear. In mid to late June it is unlikely any competitors are in Perth as they would have just finished in the one in Bega and if anything would be preparing for the next one in August in the ACT. Some teams may even have headed over to New Zealand for the leg of the World Rally Championships from 9 - 12 July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_A...y_Championship

Round Rally Date
1 APPM/TT-Line Rally Tasmania 26-27 March 1988
2 BP Visco Forest Rally (WA) 30 April-1 May 1988
3 2EC Bega Valley Rally (NSW) 11-12 June 1988
4 Esanda Finance Rally of Australia (ACT) 12-14 August 1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_World_Rally_Championship

I think you are mistaken when you state rally teams wouldn't make it to Perth rally because they would be still be finishing up at Bega Rally in NSW TWO months beforehand.

Rally teams would need to enter ALL rounds of Rally Australia to get vital points towards championship. Plus, sponsors expect their sponsored team to enter all rounds of Rally to get the full returns on their sponsorship money. Their fans expect it to.

Plus if rally teams are anything like (V8) Supercars and F1 teams, the whole team is packed up into semi trailers that same night when they finish and they head back to base immediately. No waiting around.

Sheraton Hotel in 1988 would be perfect hotel for rally teams and all those travelling with the rally.

BBM
In any Friday/Saturday night in a night club area it is quite common for young ladies to look similar or be described the same. If people are going from memory of a person they have never met, rather than seeing a picture first and looking for someone their memory may not be perfect and not a deliberate ploy to mislead LE or anyone else.

If you make the assumption that SS, CG and JR were all taken by the same person, SS being near Stirling Highway, CG being sighted on Stirling Highway it is quite possible that JR was near the highway too.

The witness quoted from the front page of the Community News described her clothes in detail before any descriptions and pictures were published. She was one of four in the car. Other than those four, there were nine other sightings.

Credible sources have said she wouldn't have hitchhiked and she wasn't drunk or drinking in the cctv when she was waiting outside the Conti. There were sightings on Stirling Hwy in the short distance between Loch and Dalkeith road for almost two hours.

I think you are mistaken when you state rally teams wouldn't make it to Perth rally because they would be still be finishing up at Bega Rally in NSW TWO months beforehand.

Rally teams would need to enter ALL rounds of Rally Australia to get vital points towards championship. Plus, sponsors expect their sponsored team to enter all rounds of Rally to get there full return on their sponsorship money. Their fans expect it to.

Plus if rally teams are anything like (V8) Supercars and F1 teams, the whole team is packed up into semi trailers that same night when they finish and they head back to base immediately. No waiting around.

JC went missing 20 June and wasn't the Sheraton attack a couple of weeks earlier?

Dates from Canning Vale:

– Sat - 28 May - Dorothy (alias name) - Aged 44 - Abduction and severe assault (Sheraton Hotel to Wilson) Note: perpetrator spoke to victim (at least twice).

In late May I assume they would be close to driving their car to the Bega Location so they could get some practice in.

attachment.php

It looks far more special than I remember but it was about 40 years ago the last time I was there as was in primary school. They have definitely done it up! I only remember there being one house on the property, but could be wrong. Our family used to park there (with the permission of the nuns lol) to go to the Royal Show when I was quite young. I have been inside as well and my very hazy recollection was that it was just an old house. I would actually say that most Ionians would never have been there and many wouldn't have even know it belonged to the convent. My few visits there were with my parents and related to work my family did for the school as opposed to visiting there for student activities.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13753687

Quote Crabsticks "Ok, I just found this, I am using Google Earth. Ill give you an image. Its certainly no more than 80 metres but hits the intersection of Southern Cross. There is no relevance in the Kal distance, apart from centre Kalgoorlie GPO, 90 degrees exact from the Ciara > Jane meridian.

I think there is something in it. Thats all. Its like the mean line for Great Eastern highway.

If no one wants to believe me thats fine. But using Google Earth draw a line from Claremont Post office to Kal then go check the Southern Cross LPO which is 4 metres off over 557 kilometres, built in 1900s.

I feel this is probably the first line at exactly 90 degrees the Jane bodies and Ciara were placed by. Jane direct south of the GPO makes it more relevant.

Check for yourself. We can have this conversation after the trial." unquote crabby.
attachment.php

I would like to have a conversation as something smells very fishy!! I had already checked for myself crabby and I could zoom in and found that the marker was almost 1500m away and not 80 m away. Doesn't really matter as it means nothing anyway... Except you couldn’t replicate the map and zoom in to see that. Why?

You have a copyright symbol which you made a big fuss about getting, under your user name and on every post you make. You can say no one can copy your words or images crabby!! But you are copying someone else exact images with any links to the originals. At least 5 of the maps you’ve put on websleuths (you have already removed some) are exactly the same as another user with a different name on another forum. Unless you are that other user on the other forum. Are you?

The witness quoted from the front page of the Community News described her clothes in detail before any descriptions and pictures were published. She was one of four in the car. Other than those four, there were nine other sightings.

Credible sources have said she wouldn't have hitchhiked and she wasn't drunk or drinking in the cctv when she was waiting outside the Conti. There were sightings on Stirling Hwy in the short distance between Loch and Dalkeith road for almost two hours.

All I was saying it should not be counted out. The clothes JR was wearing were not particularly unique IMO.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94899&d=1463713938

The accused CSK BRE has been detained for nearly a whole year now. I imagine his stress level is massive.
Constantly wondering if he'll ever be free again.

While incarcerated, I wonder if BRE went for therapy at the Prison Counselling Service (PCS)?

Hi all, I have been lurking for a while now, and with all the mention of motorsports I have been thinking of the following:
In the early 1990’s there was an illegal street drag racing culture in Perth. And I can remember 3 specific sites:
1. Ankatel rd (which I think had another name then).
2. In Jandakot in a secluded industrial area.
3. Pipidinny rd on atleast one occasion.

I wonder if this is relevant as I believe two of these sites are near where bodies were found? Could there be some connection?

attachment.php

Source Google Maps 347 km from 347 Stirling Highway. Find Edwards.

attachment.php

Source Google Maps 347 km from 347 Stirling Hwy. Find Edwards.

attachment.php

Source Google maps. 347 Stirling Hwy, near where SS went missing (345 Stirling Hwy)

There is one farm on Edwards Find Rd and whether that farmer goes to the pub in Southern Coss about 30km away on Friday nights, I don't know.

However I think someone whom I very much doubt was a clairvoyant, gave some information to Don Spiers causing him to drive some 500 km from Darkin to maybe find someone who could tell him about his daughter in the Southern Cross pub.

Was this just a sick smart *advertiser censored** who wanted to leaves clues to Find Edwards?

Attachments

• 347_Find Edwards_Claremont.JPG
    347_Find Edwards_Claremont.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 112
Hi all, I have been lurking for a while now, and with all the mention of motorsports I have been thinking of the following:
In the early 1990’s there was an illegal street drag racing culture in Perth. And I can remember 3 specific sites:
1. Ankatel rd (which I think had another name then).
2. In Jandakot in a secluded industrial area.
3. Pipidinny rd on atleast one occasion.

I wonder if this is relevant as I believe two of these sites are near where bodies were found? Could there be some connection?

Hi BeGumShoe. Welcome!

Good job mentioning the illegal street/drag racing. Could explain another reason why the alleged CSK maybe chose the D-sites.

The accused CSK BRE has been detained for nearly a whole year now. I imagine his stress level is massive.
Constantly wondering if he'll ever be free again.

While incarcerated, I wonder if BRE went for therapy at the Prison Counselling Service (PCS)?

Prison Counseling Service

http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/_files/ar2007-08.pdf
b33bcaad42ab6dd906a36cca0d1b9b17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics