Australia AUSTRALIA - IVAN MILAT - The Backpacker Murderer

Ivan Milat reveals female fans in new book of letters

The book is titled The Milat Letters and compiled by the killer's nephew Alistair Shipsey, who also believes his uncle was at least partially framed by authorities.
"He may have done a couple (of killings) but I don’t think he did them all," Mr Shipsey said.
The serial killer also apparently exercises a dark fascination for some letter-writers.
In another letter, Milat seems puzzled at why women from as far as the USA would write to him, given his reputation.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ns-in-new-book-of-letters#zBZqLWvcBuTkdb28.99

Bloody pathetic! :mad:

What, does he think authorities planted the bodies of those poor people in the forest? Hid their belongings in his sisters house?

Catching Milat

New Channel 7 Miniseries in two parts.

Catching Milat airs 8:45pm Sunday on Seven and concludes on May 24th.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/catching-milat.html

"Catching Milat is Seven’s two part miniseries on the chase to catch a serial killer responsible for 7 heinous murders in the Belanglo State Forest in the 1990s. It was a case that gripped the nation and, due to its backpacker victims, attracted international headlines.

Written by Dalton Dartmouth, this Shine Australia drama is based on the book “Sins of the Brother” by Mark Whittaker and Les Kennedy"

I arrived in Sydney on around the sixth of Jan on a sunday afternoon intending to backpack and work for a year in Oz ; on Tuesday morning I was on the A32 just outside of Katoomba trying to hitchhike a ride out to Cobar to see about a job ; It was about 9.30 in the morning and I was waiting for my first ride of the day when a small pickup truck or ute stopped for me driven by a grungy, heavily tanned fellow in his mid thirties ..I went to throw my backpack in the rear of his vehicle but he told me to put it in the cab wedged behind the seats ; he then told me to put my seatbelt on and then put the door button down ! That was unusual but I wanted the ride so I did ..I thought he was Spanish or even Turkish due to his dark tan and narrow eyes but he told me his folks came from Yugoslavia and that he worked on the roads ..he asked me ''how long in Oz and who knows you're here''? and then went into a brooding silence as we drove towards Bathurst , but I couldn't help but notice that he was staring at me obliquely while driving ,although each time I turned to face him and try and make conversation he simply wouldn't engage ...I thought he may be drunk or trying to rob me, but after around 30 mins just before Bathurst he said he was turning off on a dirt road to go south down to Jenolan forest and so I asked him to drop me off at the traffic lights at the junction, however he ignored me and kept on driving away from the junction going south for about 500 yds before stopping ; he then suddenly became all personable and asked me if I wanted to go out into the bush as he had to ''check his traps'' and said he could show me some ''real Ozzie wildlife'' ..he said it was about 60 miles south and that he could give me a '' long ride'' ..I looked at my map and found it was the opposite direction to Cobar so I said no ! He then quickly jumped out and ran around the back of the truck and was waiting for me when I managed to get my seat belt off and open the door ..when I got out I noticed he was crowding me and his body language indicated he was ready to throw a punch , but I had to get my backpack out as I was worried that he was going to drive away with it ; I was prepared to take a punch while I saved my backpack and valuables and then I could have quickly punched his lights out ; fortunately for me it never turned out that way as just at that moment a long stream of traffic came down from the junction with us in full view as the traffic lights had changed ..he was looking over his shoulder at the passing traffic and looking back at me ! It was the decisive moment , but it gave me just enough time to get my backpack out from behind the seats and was then able to face him ..he was indecisive as he kept looking back at the passing traffic and was blocking my path and so, sensing danger, I pushed past him and started walking back to the junction , but as I did so he gave me a frustrated wolfish grin and said something like '' have a safe trip, mate''

In retrospect I am now certain that the creep was Ivan Milat and that he was trying to murder me ; naturally I didn't know that at the time but I told other young backpackers about this weirdo who I assumed was trying to rob me ..it was only many years later that the pieces of the jigsaw came together when I recognized him instantly on a crime Doc ;moreover after digging up more details from the memory hole I remember that when he stopped his truck was empty except for a swagbag and at the very rear near the tailgate a ball , or claw hammer ..in retrospect it's now clear that when he jumped out and ran around the truck he grabbed it and was holding it behind his back ready to bash me on the head as I got out ..I thought he was trying to punch me , but it never crossed my mind he was trying to actually murder me , and when he said he could give me a ''long ride'' he meant to eternity and when he asked me if I wanted to see some ''real Ozzie wildlife'' he clearly meant himself as a bipedal wolf in human form ! *advertiser censored* HOMINE LUPUS

It's now clear that the mundane changing of the traffic lights saved my young life ; I was prepared to take a punch but could never had taken a hammer blow to the head ...but this all just reinforces my view that life is a series of random events, weird coincidences and near misses (SHRUG)

My name is COLIN POWIS and there are a series of photos on my facebook page taken in Oz shortly after these events occurred ..I was a lot bigger and stronger than Milat and that's why he grabbed the hammer ; fortunately for me he mustn't have had a pistol with him that day ..I did noticed that the insides of his truck was very clean and thought it could possibly have been a government work truck after all he was working for the Department of roads and traffic ..he was still trying to perfect his murder M O through a process of trial and error , but the creep I met was bold and opportunistic ..he had taken a good look at me and was confident he could take me on !

PS/ Nor is it mere coincidence that another of Milat's suspected victims called PETER LETCHER was hitchhiking the same road to Bathurst in November 87 when he went missing ..his body was later found near the Jenolan Caves stabbed in the spine and shot in the head multiple times

COLIN POWIS, 18 minutes ago Edit Report

I arrived in Sydney on around the sixth of Jan on a sunday afternoon intending to backpack and work for a year in Oz ; on Tuesday morning I was on the A32 just outside of Katoomba trying to hitchhike a ride out to Cobar to see about a job ; It was about 9.30 in the morning and I was waiting for my first ride of the day when a small pickup truck or ute stopped for me driven by a grungy, heavily tanned fellow in his mid thirties ..I went to throw my backpack in the rear of his vehicle but he told me to put it in the cab wedged behind the seats ; he then told me to put my seatbelt on and then put the door button down ! That was unusual but I wanted the ride so I did ..I thought he was Spanish or even Turkish due to his dark tan and narrow eyes but he told me his folks came from Yugoslavia and that he worked on the roads ..he asked me ''how long in Oz and who knows you're here''? and then went into a brooding silence as we drove towards Bathurst , but I couldn't help but notice that he was staring at me obliquely while driving ,although each time I turned to face him and try and make conversation he simply wouldn't engage ...I thought he may be drunk or trying to rob me, but after around 30 mins just before Bathurst he said he was turning off on a dirt road to go south down to Jenolan forest and so I asked him to drop me off at the traffic lights at the junction, however he ignored me and kept on driving away from the junction going south for about 500 yds before stopping ; he then suddenly became all personable and asked me if I wanted to go out into the bush as he had to ''check his traps'' and said he could show me some ''real Ozzie wildlife'' ..he said it was about 60 miles south and that he could give me a '' long ride'' ..I looked at my map and found it was the opposite direction to Cobar so I said no ! He then quickly jumped out and ran around the back of the truck and was waiting for me when I managed to get my seat belt off and open the door ..when I got out I noticed he was crowding me and his body language indicated he was ready to throw a punch , but I had to get my backpack out as I was worried that he was going to drive away with it ; I was prepared to take a punch while I saved my backpack and valuables and then I could have quickly punched his lights out ; fortunately for me it never turned out that way as just at that moment a long stream of traffic came down from the junction with us in full view as the traffic lights had changed ..he was looking over his shoulder at the passing traffic and looking back at me ! It was the decisive moment , but it gave me just enough time to get my backpack out from behind the seats and was then able to face him ..he was indecisive as he kept looking back at the passing traffic and was blocking my path and so, sensing danger, I pushed past him and started walking back to the junction , but as I did so he gave me a frustrated wolfish grin and said something like '' have a safe trip, mate''

In retrospect I am now certain that the creep was Ivan Milat and that he was trying to murder me ; naturally I didn't know that at the time but I told other young backpackers about this weirdo who I assumed was trying to rob me ..it was only many years later that the pieces of the jigsaw came together when I recognized him instantly on a crime Doc ;moreover after digging up more details from the memory hole I remember that when he stopped his truck was empty except for a swagbag and at the very rear near the tailgate a ball , or claw hammer ..in retrospect it's now clear that when he jumped out and ran around the truck he grabbed it and was holding it behind his back ready to bash me on the head as I got out ..I thought he was trying to punch me , but it never crossed my mind he was trying to actually murder me , and when he said he could give me a ''long ride'' he meant to eternity and when he asked me if I wanted to see some ''real Ozzie wildlife'' he clearly meant himself as a bipedal wolf in human form ! *advertiser censored* HOMINE LUPUS

It's now clear that the mundane changing of the traffic lights saved my young life ; I was prepared to take a punch but could never had taken a hammer blow to the head ...but this all just reinforces my view that life is a series of random events, weird coincidences and near misses (SHRUG)

My name is COLIN POWIS and there are a series of photos on my facebook page taken in Oz shortly after these events occurred ..I was a lot bigger and stronger than Milat and that's why he grabbed the hammer ; fortunately for me he mustn't have had a pistol with him that day ..I did noticed that the insides of his truck was very clean and thought it could possibly have been a government work truck after all he was working for the Department of roads and traffic ..he was still trying to perfect his murder M O through a process of trial and error , but the creep I met was bold and opportunistic ..he had taken a good look at me and was confident he could take me on !

PS/ Nor is it mere coincidence that another of Milat's suspected victims called PETER LETCHER was hitchhiking the same road to Bathurst in November 87 when he went missing ..his body was later found near the Jenolan Caves stabbed in the spine and shot in the head multiple times

Why would I report it to the police when no crime was committed ? I thought he ''may'' be drunk , but he never actually attacked me ...a serial killer was not even on the horizon at this point in time ..what was I supposed to report, that someone was acting weird and ''may be drunk'' ? Paul Onions reported to the police that he had been attacked , robbed and shot at , and yet the police just filed it away and forgot about it (shrug)

Why would I report it to the police when no crime was committed ? I thought he ''may'' be drunk , but he never actually attacked me ...a serial killer was not even on the horizon at this point in time ..what was I supposed to report, that someone was acting weird and ''may be drunk'' ? Paul Onions reported to the police that he had been attacked , robbed and shot at , and yet the police just filed it away and forgot about it (shrug)
In hindsight, it might be helpful for you to inform Police. By notifying them as to where you were when it occurred, it might lead them to search that area as a possible place where missing persons could be located. It is believed he committed numerous other murders with several burial areas.

"Police are preparing to talk to serial killer Ivan Milat before he succumbs to terminal cancer about his crimes and the unsolved homicides linked to him.

Milat, who has tumours in his throat and stomach, has never shown any sign he is prepared to confess to the murders of seven backpackers — signing off a letter to a relative as recently as May 1 with the words “Ivan the Innocent” — nor has he ever co-operated with police over a string of unsolved killings that occurred before he was jailed.

But NSW police are readying to attempt to quiz him in the event Australia’s most notorious serial killer changes his stance before he dies, with widely varying estimates of how long he has to live."

NoCookies | The Australian

Belanglo backpacker murders: Ivan Milat confessed to his mother before her death
Ivan Milat confessed his ghastly crimes to his own mother before her death, and his little sister who had a sexual relationship with him also knew.

Milat 74, was diagnosed with terminal oesophageal cancer in May and, after hospital treatment, is incarcerated at Long Bay where detectives have visited him to extract a confession, without success.
Ivan Milat’s deathbed confession

Nine news said Milat is back in hospital believed close to death. So I dunno.

Question - if a *** like Milat had cancer would he get chemo to save his life?
Probably. If he gave his permission. If it’s terminal (or Stage 4) cancer, he’s probably way past chemo now and would be receiving pain relief, such as it is. I believe oesophageal cancer is quite a painful way to die.

Notorious serial killer Ivan Milat has spent the night in a Sydney hospital more than two months after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Milat was transferred from Long Bail jail to a secure annex of Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney's eastern suburbs on Friday afternoon.
There has been no update on his condition.

Ivan Milat transferred to hospital from prison

Notorious serial killer Ivan Milat has spent the night in a Sydney hospital more than two months after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Milat was transferred from Long Bail jail to a secure annex of Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney's eastern suburbs on Friday afternoon.
There has been no update on his condition.

Ivan Milat transferred to hospital from prison
He could possibly be in the last stages of life. ‘Cancer’ has a timeline of its own. Once diagnosed, you can pass away within weeks, months or years. It just depends on how aggressive the type of cancer is and how strong your immune system and general health is AFAIK.

You are one lucky man, Colin Powis. Thank goodness for traffic, hey.

He might be the most horrific murderer I've read about, barring some of the 19C. Londoners. It is just that his suffering was prolonged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back