GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by alioop
Yes Doc I see that too now you point it out and its odd because the face just disappears. One frame it is there and the next it isn't.

Sorry to quote my own post but the counter on the cctv goes from .47 to .52 at the spot where his face disappears.

Edit. this is my attempt to repost from end of previous thread

Just re-posting - the switch to the new thread happened just as I posted this at the end of the old one. Sorry Mods.

Ok - here's one for your investigoogling, Alioop and others

Open a browser tab and go to

maps.google.com

Make sure you're in Satellite mode. Not just plain Maps mode.

So you're looking at Google Maps as opposed to Google Earth. Theoretically, the imagery should be the same, from the same servers. But if you go to Hope St Brunswick Victoria, and frame up on that area of interest, with the Duchess Boutique near the bottom of your screen, Hope St near the top, and Ovens St near the left.

Now you'll see the laneway where the handbag was found - and it has two cars in it, one of which is a white car, and one black. it would be a reasonable assumption that the white car is a regular there, and is the same one beside which the bag was found.

The thing that concerns me somewhat is that heading down that laneway leads to various waste lots, some with fences (and we can't see how high they are on the top down view), and this conglomeration of empty lots, and waste ground leads all the way back down towards the back of - the Duchess Boutique. There are a couple of sheds out the back of the Boutique and number 519 next door, plus several skips (dumpsters) laying around the area. It looks pretty desolate, and would be unlit, I assume.

I've never been there, so I don't know how this translates to conditions on the ground - has anyone here been down that lane to the end and explored at all?

It just looks like the sort of place where you'd drag somebody if your intention was of the nasty variety. I wonder if that's where poor Jill was dragged? I'm sure the police would have searched that entire area twice over at least, though...

Yesterday I walked down Hope. I saw the alleyway Jill's handbag was found in but didn't venture up it. It's a bit off the street and not very obvious. It looks more like a driveway off an alley. IMO

Just watched Channel Ten news and the reporter said that JM wasn't seen in any other cctv footage past the bridal store. Did she make it to the corner? doesn't look like their is parking along Sydney Rd, could BH have bundled her in to a taxi?

Also, this may have been covered earlier, but Victoria st looks like a closer and busier route to take to Lux Way from Bar Etiquette, I wonder why she chose the other way. Perhaps she just wanted a bite to eat or something.

I believe Deveny in this instance and think the similarity in indentikit images between the other 3 Melbourne attacks is striking.

For any non-Australians (even non-Melbournites), Catherine Deveny is a journalist and used to write for The Age.

according to this she is no longer a journalist (stopped in 2010)

Catherine Deveny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am only pointing this out because while her account, if reported on in msm, is allowed, her twitter and blogs, etc are not allowed because she is not a reporter with a main stream media outlet.

Not picking on your post... just making sure everyone is aware.

Just re-posting - the switch to the new thread happened just as I posted this at the end of the old one. Sorry Mods.

Ok - here's one for your investigoogling, Alioop and others

Open a browser tab and go to

maps.google.com

Make sure you're in Satellite mode. Not just plain Maps mode.

So you're looking at Google Maps as opposed to Google Earth. Theoretically, the imagery should be the same, from the same servers. But if you go to Hope St Brunswick Victoria, and frame up on that area of interest, with the Duchess Boutique near the bottom of your screen, Hope St near the top, and Ovens St near the left.

Now you'll see the laneway where the handbag was found - and it has two cars in it, one of which is a white car, and one black. it would be a reasonable assumption that the white car is a regular there, and is the same one beside which the bag was found.

The thing that concerns me somewhat is that heading down that laneway leads to various waste lots, some with fences (and we can't see how high they are on the top down view), and this conglomeration of empty lots, and waste ground leads all the way back down towards the back of - the Duchess Boutique. There are a couple of sheds out the back of the Boutique and number 519 next door, plus several skips (dumpsters) laying around the area. It looks pretty desolate, and would be unlit, I assume.

I've never been there, so I don't know how this translates to conditions on the ground - has anyone here been down that lane to the end and explored at all?

It just looks like the sort of place where you'd drag somebody if your intention was of the nasty variety. I wonder if that's where poor Jill was dragged? I'm sure the police would have searched that entire area twice over at least, though...

People often arent aware the vision on google maps can be up to five years old. It's not from a live satellite, so very unlikely the white car is the one beside which the bag was found, and the surroundings may well also have changed significantly since the vision was captured. MOO

I tried to get a couple of shots of bh's face, here are the results. Sorry for the poor resolution.

Great work LittleMissContrary! The images are not of high contrast but that's not your doing and you can clearly see that his face has sharp features and is sunken in at the cheeks. Thank you :)

Just watched Channel Ten news and the reporter said that JM wasn't seen in any other cctv footage passed the bridal store. Did she make it to the corner?

Does this mean there was cctv available from one or more of the 11 or so buildings before Hope street corner? If she should have been seen from other cctv but wasn't that is very strong evidence that she didn't walk past those cameras. Even if she crossed the road to get away from BH, would she have been seen by available cctv on that side of the road walking towards Hope Street.

Maybe she did get in a taxi or tram perhaps if it stops nearby, to get away from BH but what happened then?

Does this mean there was cctv available from one or more of the 11 or so buildings before Hope street corner? If she should have been seen from other cctv but wasn't that is very strong evidence that she didn't walk past those cameras.

That's what the reporter seemed to have been implying. Will see if I can find more info.

Does this mean there was cctv available from one or more of the 11 or so buildings before Hope street corner? If she should have been seen from other cctv but wasn't that is very strong evidence that she didn't walk past those cameras. Even if she crossed the road to get away from BH, would she have been seen by available cctv on that side of the road walking towards Hope Street.

Maybe she did get in a taxi or tram perhaps if it stops nearby, to get away from BH but what happened then?

The tram theory is possible as the tram line runs all the way down Sydney Rd.

Do any locals know if there are any banks or ATM's in that stretch of Sydney Rd between the bridal shop and the Hope Street corner. They usually have cameras for security? Or any on the other side of the street?

Do trams have cctv for security?

There is a missing five seconds in the video released yesterday, but police say it has not been edited.

snip

"We think she is holding her phone and it's possible she is either about to phone or is phoning someone.

"We've got active investigations regarding her phone. I can't go into any more detail than that."

snip

The phone call to her brother was around 1.43-1.45am, about the time she walks out of shot - the last images known of her.

(my thoughts: so they think she was maybe on the phone as she walks into the shot as well?...)

"We've got no further vision of Jill at this stage but however we continue to review CCTV footage," Det Insp Potter said.

snip

Ms Meagher, who was carrying her handbag - later found in a laneway off Hope St - was also carrying an ABC bag.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...before-vanishing/story-fndo1svg-1226482146903

Just watched Channel Ten news and the reporter said that JM wasn't seen in any other cctv footage past the bridal store. Did she make it to the corner? doesn't look like their is parking along Sydney Rd, could BH have bundled her in to a taxi?

Also, this may have been covered earlier, but Victoria st looks like a closer and busier route to take to Lux Way from Bar Etiquette, I wonder why she chose the other way. Perhaps she just wanted a bite to eat or something.

I would hope that if a taxi had been involved, the driver would have come forward about it by now. There is parking along there so there's the potential that he had a car handy.

At that time of night, I would assume that Sydney Rd would be busier and more brightly lit than Victoria (and therefore assumed to be safer). Could be wrong though.

Do trams have set stops like buses and where could Jill have gotten on a tram? Surely though people on a tram that Jill may have got on would have reported it to police before today. She is a very striking woman to look at and i think people would remember her, especially if she spoke as she has the Irish accent which Australians generally love, at least I do.

If she had jumped on a tram, it would have been the last one running for the night judging by the timetable for route 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona